pull out.png
train.png
B1Tdn8GIAAAvzOu.jpg
wpid-NO-SOUP-FOR-YOU616.jpg
image-288.jpg
PredatorHalloweenPumpkin.jpg
coolest-homemade-predator-halloween-costume-2-21310269.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,373 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 28.
#1151 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

For a company hoping to followup this game with another one, this is not how to build a business and cultivate a market...

This is why all the "if you aren't a Predator buyer you should shut up" comments have no bearing here imo. I'm not in on Predator, but I'm always interested in new pins, and am 100% a potential customer for Stern, JJP, SkitB, Spooky, DP, Riot, etc...

I've watched how all these companies have grown; some I would certainly consider giving my money to for the right pins.... others not so much...

#1153 9 years ago

And the pin matching all the others on the left has a LCD already mounted in it. At the show virtual guys were selling orders like hot cakes

#1154 9 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

not to rain on your parade, but looks like all of Paul's virtuaPins have the two flipper buttons. You will note the mini-cab in the photo also has them and if you go to his site you will see that all have them. Not saying these are not Predator cabinets, but your two button argument does not hold water.

Not to rain on your parade, but email Paul and ask him about the Pred cabinets.

#1155 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

This is why all the "if you aren't a Predator buyer you should shut up" comments have no bearing here imo. I'm not in on Predator, but I'm always interested in new pins, and am 100% a potential customer for Stern, JJP, SkitB, Spooky, DP, Riot, etc...
I've watched how all these companies have grown; some I would certainly consider giving my money to for the right pins.... others not so much...

Look at the goodwill Spooky has been cultivating. Responsive and transparent. Just the other day there were questions about how long it will take to get a game if you ordered today and they broke it down to how many a week they are getting out and how many orders are left. Such a simple concept.

#1156 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Look at the goodwill Spooky has been cultivating. Responsive and transparent. Just the other day there were questions about how long it will take to get a game if you ordered today and they broke it down to how many a week they are getting out and how many orders are left. Such a simple concept.

Spooky has nothing to hide. Skitb apparently does.

#1157 9 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

Except they are not hiding anything. I got an email from Kevin yesterday, did I mention that? They showed up at expo, machine in tow, and answered questions. Looks like opposite of hiding.

#1158 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Look, another witch hunter here folks.
"Burn them".
'But that is actually a real cab for Predator, they have 2 buttons on each side. have you never even seen the game you are attacking'
"Burn them"

Whysnow you may be the biggest hypocrite on Pinside! "Attacking" "witch hunt"?? I guess you would know all about that! Save the selective outrage and look in the mirror while your at it.... Here is your post on the MMr board calling Rick a Liar this morning (I couldn't directly quote it because the Mods had already edited your post)

Quoted from Whysnow:

Apples and oranges. 2 totally different companies, agreements, and promises.
Thus far it is my understanding that no one has had a missed delivery date for Predator nor has the agreed build changed. No communication sucks but still everything as promised at this time.
I also will choose to treat a company run by real heads and thus far has met all promises different than some guy just looking to take constantly and missed promises.
I will say they both have very poor communication skills, but one seems to avoid it while the other lies to customers. Neither is a good way to do things.
Post edited by moderator: Edited derogatory term used against Rick

Just so you know us JPOP pre order guys have taken are lumps from people who never ordered a game from John but want to know what's going on and none of us are crying for threads to be shut down. if I think a post is inflammatory or unhelpful I will say it, but this is a pinball chat forum so if you can't handle people chatting about pinball without getting all butt hurt then maybe you should look Into a new hobby

#1160 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Just so you know us JPOP pre order guys have taken are lumps from people never ordered a game from John but want to know what's going on, none of us are crying for threads to be shut down. if I think a post is inflammatory or unhelpful I will say it, but this is a pinball chat forum so if you can't handle people chatting about pinball with out getting all butt hurt then maybe you should look I to a new hobby

Are you saying someone is trying to get threads shut down? Or that Hilton is trying to get this one shut down? or that he got the other ones shut down? Please clarify, I can't tell.

I am in on jpop for what, 2 years now? GAH I made some bad preorder decisions, but at least I learned to wait on HUO from now on...I hope

#1161 9 years ago

Refunds are going out. That other thread was resolved because he got his refund. If you need a refund you could try Hilton as well, that worked for the other guy. But you could also call Kevin directly instead of waiting on email responses for which he is notoriously slow.

#1162 9 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

If Paul had any business ethics, he would politely decline to discuss any of his customers business between him with anyone.

Now that does not mean you can't ask him vague questions that he might answer. Such as, You delivering a lot of cabinets to michigan?

#1163 9 years ago

For that other guy all i did was forward on his info from me which i knew was going through as I had gotten other responses.

MarcG, assuming you are sending to the email that SkitB Just sent out, I am guessing you will get a response in time but no idea. I can only imagine they are filtering through an inundation of new emails? Unfortunately many likely from non owners that have added to that work to filter through.

I am glad to see more pictures are surfacing of parts and stuff being built.

I hope if you are wanting out that there is still a waitlist and someone looking to take your slot so you can get money back. Good luck in getting it worked out.

#1164 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

For that other guy all i did was forward on his info from me which i knew was going through as I had gotten other responses.
MarcG, assuming you are sending to the email that SkitB Just sent out, I am guessing you will get a response in time but no idea. I can only imagine they are filtering through an inundation of new emails? glad to see more pictures are surfacing of parts and stuff being built.
I hope if you are wanting out that there is still a waitlist and someone looking to take your slot so you can get money back. Good luck in getting it worked out.

Thank you. I think it will eventually, I'm done airing it out here.

#1165 9 years ago

Happy Halloween Predator!

PredatorHalloweenPumpkin.jpgPredatorHalloweenPumpkin.jpg
coolest-homemade-predator-halloween-costume-2-21310269.jpgcoolest-homemade-predator-halloween-costume-2-21310269.jpg

#1166 9 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

I'd rather SkitB moves operation to the moon, hides out for a few years and I have to pay for shipping and handling via Nasa then buy a AMH.

#1167 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Are you saying someone is trying to get threads shut down? Or that Hilton is trying to get this one shut down? or that he got the other ones shut down? Please clarify, I can't tell.

.image-288.jpgimage-288.jpg

#1168 9 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

Spooky has nothing to hide.

Oh, don't worry...soon it will be their time "in the box"

#1169 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Oh, don't worry...soon it will be their time "in the box"

Everybody get's a turn! We are equal opportunity complainers.

#1170 9 years ago

Say what you will.
I still call BS on the license.....no true pics of the games in production except some empty generic black cabinets? Really that's the best you've got. No mention of the games on their site, facebook, Twitter, etc. I find it hard to believe that they have free reign to do whatever they want with this license, while we've seen Stern get hogtied with every licensed game they've ever done....you can do this, but you can't have that.
Bottom line....I think either they are stuck in legal litigation with the games licensing and that is why they have pulled the plug on everything.....or they are being built under the table, without the propped licensing. That right there is the true reason why you have not....and WILL not see anything.

Show me a pic of stacked silkscreened playfields, real games in production and ill happily STFU.

Why can't they address thus issue to their buyers and continue to give you "canned" answers because you'd jump ship!

Seriously what would the tone of pre-orders be if Kevin replied to everyone that has preordered and said "well guys & gals were sorry, what we thought we could do and what we've found out we can't do has caused us to have to redeveloped this game from the ground up. Please note there will be no reference to Arny as we could t justify the $500k license it would take to have his likeness and audio on the game. Further more each of the original cast members of the first film each request $50k for using their likeness. So with that being said we are going with a generic Predator monster theme"
...how well would that sit with the buyers?

#1171 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Look, another witch hunter here folks.
"Burn them".
'But that is actually a real cab for Predator, they have 2 buttons on each side. have you never even seen the game you are attacking'
"Burn them"

Well since you called me a name I assume Pinside allows me the return favor. You are an idiot. I complimented that person because my old eyes would never have caught that...sigh...a little jealousy on my part I admit. Again, whysnow...you are an idiot!

#1172 9 years ago

I think this is the best option.

#1173 9 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Say what you will.
I still call BS on the license.....no true pics of the games in production except some empty generic black cabinets? Really that's the best you've got. No mention of the games on their site, facebook, Twitter, etc. I find it hard to believe that they have free reign to do whatever they want with this license, while we've seen Stern get hogtied with every licensed game they've ever done....you can do this, but you can't have that.
Bottom line....I think either they are stuck in legal litigation with the games licensing and that is why they have pulled the plug on everything.....or they are being built under the table, without the propped licensing. That right there is the true reason why you have not....and WILL not see anything.
Show me a pic of stacked silkscreened playfields, real games in production and ill happily STFU.
Why can't they address thus issue to their buyers and continue to give you "canned" answers because you'd jump ship!
Seriously what would the tone of pre-orders be if Kevin replied to everyone that has preordered and said "well guys & gals were sorry, what we thought we could do and what we've found out we can't do has caused us to have to redeveloped this game from the ground up. Please note there will be no reference to Arny as we could t justify the $500k license it would take to have his likeness and audio on the game. Further more each of the original cast members of the first film each request $50k for using their likeness. So with that being said we are going with a generic Predator monster theme"
...how well would that sit with the buyers?

Why come into this thread and just repeat the same stuff you said in the thread you started that was locked?

Bad form.

#1174 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Why come into this thread and just repeat the same stuff you said in the thread you started that was locked?
Bad form.

He raises some valid points. He is right too, skitb could make everyone happy with a single picture. Why no pics? It's a bad look.

#1175 9 years ago

Well my order was cancelled without me requesting a refund, I think im gonna be sick to my stomach. I put in 3 years and this happens? Wtf Kevin. Show me an email where I specifically said to refund my money.

#1176 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Well my order was cancelled without me requesting a refund, I think im gonna be sick to my stomach. I put in 3 years and this happens? Wtf Kevin. Show me an email where I specifically said to refund my money.

Must be a mistake Skit-B can fix.
When my first email came regarding production update, $ deposit was wrong; as well as engraving. One email fixed that and got a confirmation it was settled.

#1177 9 years ago

Well you did say I better get my game or get my money, maybe he just figured better off to give a refund and the money will be on its way.

#1178 9 years ago

Was it just the $250 deposit?

#1179 9 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

He raises some valid points. He is right too, skitb could make everyone happy with a single picture. Why no pics? It's a bad look.

Perhaps, but he already raised those points in another thread. Resulting in much discussion and eventually being locked.

Does that need to be repeated here?

#1180 9 years ago
Quoted from BillE:

Well you did say I better get my game or get my money, maybe he just figured better off to give a refund and the money will be on its way.

Ok so if thats the case then Skit-B has been lurking pinside and ignored all questions except for my post of game or my money. So by that line of thinking no game was gonna be delivered? I didnt put in years waiting on this machine and bought hundreds of dollars in mods and a topper to just cancel without waiting to see a game delivered. Why Kevin couldnt just talk to me and confirm this is what I wanted, its kind of a big deal.

#1181 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Was it just the $250 deposit?

No full payment

#1182 9 years ago

Hmmm...did you receive the refund yet?

#1183 9 years ago

Wait, wut? How did you find this out? Did you get an email or something? That seems weird.

#1184 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Hmmm...did you receive the refund yet?

Not yet, support said they are processing it asap. I emailed Kevin to stop cancel and also support whoever that is.

#1185 9 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

I have no need to do that. First off, I have had enough conversations with both Kevin and Paul to know that Paul is making the cabinets (and he recently did a flat pack of one for my latest custom game), and that the assembly of the games is currently underway and that unless something has recently changed, that assembly is happening close enough to Paul's place that they can just wheel the cabinets over in a 'just in time' way.

I was just having a little fun with whysnow, in shooting down his logic on the two button holes.

#1186 9 years ago

Who cancelled this order and why if you did not request it?

#1187 9 years ago

I'm sure Kevin was inundated with emails, so he may have accidently refunded you.

#1188 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Wait, wut? How did you find this out? Did you get an email or something? That seems weird.

I received an email from support, it was in response to an email asking to answer a few of the questions I have, one of them asking about the refund policy. I did state that if they couldnt answer the questions about refund policy and where the content disappeared to that I may have to cancel. Now wouldnt a business want to confirm a cancellation? All of a sudden they are quick on that front? Wth? I sure hope I can get this worked out.

#1189 9 years ago

Ok so if thats the case then Skit-B has been lurking pinside and ignored all questions except for my post of game or my money. So by that line of thinking no game was gonna be delivered? I didnt put in years waiting on this machine and bought hundreds of dollars in mods and a topper to just cancel without waiting to see a game delivered. Why Kevin couldnt just talk to me and confirm this is what I wanted, its kind of a big deal.

Worst
Communicating
Company
Ever.

I will spare you commenting on the irony of him cancelling YOUR order

#1190 9 years ago

You basically threatened to cancel and they called the bluff.

#1191 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Worst
Communicating
Company
Ever.
I will spare you commenting on the irony of him cancelling YOUR order

Well I won't argue with that. I guess he figured he'd expedite a refund since I was unhappy in my email. This is where a phone call could fix things in about half a minute. I guess I brought this on myself questioning skit-b.

#1192 9 years ago

I received an email from support, it was in response to an email asking to answer a few of the questions I have, one of them asking about the refund policy. I did state that if they couldnt answer the questions about refund policy and where the content disappeared to that I may have to cancel. Now wouldnt a business want to confirm a cancellation? All of a sudden they are quick on that front? Wth? I sure hope I can get this worked out.

Well, the folks calling SkitB a scam can find another VD Pinball to support, cuz looks like if Kevin can Refund $4750 in a blink then they certainly aren't spending moola on Tahiti trips.

Refunds for the weary and skittish are there.

#1193 9 years ago

This is where a phone call could fix things in about half a minute.

This.

#1194 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

You basically threatened to cancel and they called the bluff.

You'd have to admit thats kind of petty. I put faith In this company to deliver a product and also to keep lines of communication open. The only leverage I have as a consumer is to cancel though thats not what I wanted, just some answers is all. I guess im wrong for expecting that.

#1195 9 years ago

You'd have to admit thats kind of petty.

Possibly, or a misunderstanding. Dont give up yet. Call.

#1196 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Well, the folks calling SkitB a scam can find another VD Pinball to support, cuz looks like if Kevin can Refund $4750 in a blink then they certainly aren't spending moola on Tahiti trips.
Refunds for the weary and skittish are there.

Sigh....

#1197 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Possibly, or a misunderstanding. Dont give up yet. Call.

I dont have a number to call Kevin but he has my number.

#1198 9 years ago

I dont have a number to call Kevin but he has my number.

If you want to stay in I would not recommend the wait for him to call approach. Reach out. Some folks have to have his number. Start sending a barrage of emails now as well.

#1199 9 years ago

Who here has kevins number? If you do could you give him a call and tell him to put a stop to the cancel on my game?

#1200 9 years ago

wpid-NO-SOUP-FOR-YOU616.jpgwpid-NO-SOUP-FOR-YOU616.jpg

There are 1,373 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 28.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-players-guide/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.