pull out.png
train.png
B1Tdn8GIAAAvzOu.jpg
wpid-NO-SOUP-FOR-YOU616.jpg
image-288.jpg
PredatorHalloweenPumpkin.jpg
coolest-homemade-predator-halloween-costume-2-21310269.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,373 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 28.
#1101 9 years ago

Now that the licensing and conspiracy theories have been debunked all that is left is to complain about communication? Lol. I think every manufacturer gets that complaint. Can't wait to get mine!

Predator #19

#1102 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Now that the licensing and conspiracy theories have been debunked all that is left is to complain about communication? Lol. I think every manufacturer gets that complaint. Can't wait to get mine!
Predator #19

Have they been debunked? What real proof do we have?

#1103 9 years ago

The same proof we have had since signing up day one - Kevin said so. He sent me an email yesterday. So 1) he is definitely not dodging, I mean I just got an email. 2) the license is fine and has always been fine according to Kevin which is enough proof for all 250 buyers. I mean they signed up with the exact same "proof", Kevin's word. Nothing has changed on that front except a LOT of speculatore have showed up to speculate, it is what they do. I really can't imagine why people want this project to fail and fellow pinsiders to be burned and lose their money. At least I am sure that is not going to happen.

License = cool. Production = started. Some guys here want more personal and more volume communication from Skit B, but looks like they are not going to get it and as a buyer I am OK with the level of communication so that is not a problem for me.

The machines are coming. If they are late they will be like every other boutique, including PPS . No biggie.

#1104 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

The same proof we have had since signing up day one - Kevin said so. He sent me an email yesterday. So 1) he is definitely not dodging, I mean I just got an email. 2) the license is fine and has always been fine according to Kevin which is enough proof for all 250 buyers. I mean they signed up with the exact same "proof", Kevin's word. Nothing has changed on that front except a LOT of speculatore have showed up to speculate, it is what they do. I really can't imagine why people want this project to fail and fellow pinsiders to be burned and lose their money. At least I am sure that is not going to happen.
License = cool. Production = started. Some guys here want more personal and more volume communication from Skit B, but looks like they are not going to get it and as a buyer I am OK with the level of communication so that is not a problem for me.
The machines are coming. If they are late they will be like every other boutique, including PPS . No biggie.

did he address why they removed all mention of Predator from their sites?

#1105 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Skit-B can continue ignoring these questions and watch your whole customer base jump ship.
You can be happy with no answers and Skit-B sitting on your cash, that's your prerogative.

But wait...why would the happy people jump ship? Those two statements are diametrically opposed. Unless you add 6 beers or several shots of whiskey? I don't think anyone is jumping ship, just some people unhappy with communication.

#1106 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I did not ask any questions, just listened. He said everything was cool and production was already starting in his email. Did anyone ask him that at expo ? He was right there to answer? Since it does not affect me or my Predator #19 that's not something I would ever ask about except like at a show.

#1107 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

No. Basically he said they started building and he has added staff. He also said we could email support with issues which is a lie. All my emails to support have been ignored. I have gotten response from support before I paid in full so it's not a spam box issue.

I hate making posts like this but really don't know what else to do. I want them to succeed. Being fully paid and ignored since is beyond frustrating.

#1108 9 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

No. Basically he said they started building and he has added staff. He also said we could email support with issues which is a lie. All my emails to support have been ignored. I have gotten response from support before I paid in full so it's not a spam box issue.
I hate making posts like this but really don't know what else to do. I want them to succeed. Being fully paid and ignored since is beyond frustrating.

You should consider a refund so there is no stress. Pinball should be fun and when it ceases to be that, why do it? Just MHO of course. If you are worried about the exclusivity, don't. These will be available on the secondary market just like any other pin.

I have been in on several pre-orders and will never do it again with any company. It's just not "fun", it is stressful unless you can truly "forget" about the whole thing, which is where I am on Predator . This is nothing compared to Wizard of Oz for instance. I am a buyer of Predator, been in since before day one LOL, and I am cool with the communication. I mean I just got an email yesterday. So totally cool. I do not feel ignored.

#1109 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I think this is great news. Games are being built now according to this e-mail. Sounds like games should start being delivered, barring some unforeseen issues, within the next few weeks then.

#1110 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

You should consider a refund so there is no stress. Pinball should be fun and when it ceases to be that, why do it? Just MHO of course. If you are worried about the exclusivity, don't. These will be available on the secondary market just like any other pin.
I have been in on several pre-orders and will never do it again with any company. It's just not "fun", it is stressful unless you can truly "forget" about the whole thing, which is where I am on Predator . This is nothing compared to Wizard of Oz for instance. I am a buyer of Predator, been in since before day one LOL, and I am cool with the communication. I mean I just got an email yesterday. So totally cool. I do not feel ignored.

I have been trying to get a refund. They will not respond.

#1111 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Despite being "Pinside funded", you can gush over it non stop, but if you keep asking the questions that don't get answered, its shut down time, because 3 or 4 of them are "owners". Just awful.

Quoted from iceman44:

Or ban me. Where is the update for new Pinside rules based on what was discussed at Expo?

I will continue to say what I think, positive or negative, if I feel its the right thing to do. I guess I'm up against Robin and 5 mods re Predator. Oh well.

Dude, you've got to relax. No one's getting banned. Well not unless you keep at it, publicly critiquing our moderating decisions. That's not allowed, we have a feedback forum for that. Or you can PM me about how you hate the way I run this site and I will happily discuss with you.

Closing the Predator thread has little to do with the subject of said thread but everything with the way people were acting in it and where the thread was going (nowhere). Please be reasonable. In all the years running this site we have never let any personal agendas get in the way of how we run stuff. So it's kind of sad that you see it that way.

As for "update for new Pinside rules based on what was discussed at Expo", I'm not sure I follow. Please PM me and explain what you mean?

#1112 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

But wait...why would the happy people jump ship? Those two statements are diametrically opposed. Unless you add 6 beers or several shots of whiskey? I don't think anyone is jumping ship, just some people unhappy with communication.

If you have nothing helpful to add then don't post. I get it you and whysnow are happy with the status quo. So to answer your question if the people who currently aren't happy jump ship and get full refunds the snowball effect would essentially force the hand of the happy people to jump also because Skit-B wouldn't have the funding to finish the game. Is this what I want to happen? Absolutely not. Just because you are happy to not ask questions about how and where your money is going and what happened to all content pertaining to predator doesnt mean that's how I am. Let the others and I ask all the questions we want when it comes to our money. See my post earlier in this thread, I did not get the answers I asked for so stating now that "we know the license is ok only thing left to bitch about is communication". Wrong there are still questions about refunds, disappearing content, and communication. Once these things are proven answered or pics are provided then that's all I need.

#1113 9 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Dude, you've got to relax.

See, I knew I was not an idiot.

I said the same thing to the same guy about the same post and I get 5 thumbs down, lol.

It's good to be the Robin.

relax.jpgrelax.jpg

#1114 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

And also that he has full permission to use Arnold's likeness and voice in the game (I can't imagine that is cheap to get)

#1115 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

It's good to be the Robin.

There, I fixed that for you!

#1116 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

And also that he has full permission to use Arnold's likeness and voice in the game (I can't imagine that is cheap to get)

Was not addressed. The email really didn't address anything. Didn't even name the game or have a title. Just an attempt to buy more time. My opinion of it anyways

#1117 9 years ago

These pictures were just posted to the Facebook group named "Midwest Pinball and Arcade Collectors" by Steven Alexander Woods with the caption "Predators in the house!!!! Looking sexy and ready for decals"

pred1.jpgpred1.jpg

pred2.jpgpred2.jpg

pred3.jpgpred3.jpg

#1118 9 years ago

There you go! Pics! Now, lots of Patience to build them!

#1119 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

These pictures were just posted to the Facebook group named "Midwest Pinball and Arcade Collectors" by Steven Alexander Woods with the caption "Predators in the house!!!! Looking sexy and ready for decals"

Those must be fake, the Predator prototype didn't have wheels on the legs

#1120 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Thats awesome! But...

Why would Skit-B not be here on Pinside posting those themselves?

A regional based facebook group post by a person not named Kevin seems to be a random way to release highly coveted and long sought photos.

Skit-B should make a new thread in their forum called "First Round of Predator Pinballs being assembled!" and have those 3 pics in it. It would be awesome!!!

Missed opportunity.

#1121 9 years ago

These pics look like Paul's Virtua-Pin place. He's making the Predator cabs, but these could be virtual pins, too. Actually, some of them cabs are virtual pins for sure....

#1122 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Actually, some of them cabs are virtual pins for sure....

How can you tell?

#1123 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

How can you tell?

The mini Vpin cab on the left, and the video monitor sticking out of another one near it?

#1124 9 years ago

Who needs television?? This whole "where did the Predator info go??" mystery is a good story... just hope it has a happy ending. Regardless of what Kevin says, it's still highly irregular to go about building games for a project that basically doesn't exist anymore.

#1125 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

The mini Vpin cab on the left, and the video monitor sticking out of another one near it?

Oh! Now I see it. The huge TV coming out of the machine, lol!

So it looks like 5-6 Predators being built. Groovy.

#1126 9 years ago

that's how whysnow will get a game by Dec 31... virtuapredator!

#1127 9 years ago

That pic would mean a LOT more if there was Predator cab art on the cabs. Wouldn't it?

#1128 9 years ago

Also, does Predator have dual flipper buttons each side?

#1129 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

These pics look like Paul's Virtua-Pin place. He's making the Predator cabs, but these could be virtual pins, too. Actually, some of them cabs are virtual pins for sure....

Good eye Tamore

#1130 9 years ago

Awww, that little cab is cute. Now I want a baby Predator pin too.

Edit: Yes, to my understanding, Predator has dual flipper buttons so that you can 'call your shot' during hunt mode and/or activate hunt mode.

#1131 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Two buttons in this pic (taken from Aurich's year-old article on arstechnica, http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/10/the-custom-pinball-machines-of-chicagos-pinball-expo-2013/):

predator-three-quarter.jpgpredator-three-quarter.jpg

Post edited by fosaisu: added attributiion for picture

#1132 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Yes, it should have 2 buttons on each side for HUNT mode

#1133 9 years ago

Wow. I agree! Good eye for detail!

#1134 9 years ago
Quoted from dmilo:

Yes, it should have 2 buttons on each side for HUNT mode

Ok.. Cool. I don't remember that the few times I've played it. Awesome.

#1135 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

does Predator have dual flipper buttons each side?

Yes it does...

#1136 9 years ago

Is it just me or has Predator not been listed on the skit-b website for around 6 months?
I first got a whiff of a Predator pin around then and I remember losing my tiny tiny mind thinking about how cool a pin that would make with all the sounds and clips/quotes from not even one of my favourite movies but a movie I had grown up with and knew pretty much back to front.
(Besides how do you do a Shawshank Redemption pin??(favourite movie ever) M Freeman doing the callouts retrospectively?)

Anyway I heard about it and I wanted to know all I could about it asap.
So I Googled up a storm and came across a few threads here and a link to the skit-b website which held precisely zero nuggets of info on the game.
Some link to Duck Hunt which, while mildly interesting, wasn't what I was there for.

So, I reckon (Aussie slang for "believe") it isn't a recent deletion of Predator details on their site at all.

Cheers, Fitzy.

#1137 9 years ago

Anyone want to buy my spot? Build 65.

#1138 9 years ago

Wow that's a cool looking pin.

#1139 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

If you have nothing helpful to add then don't post. I get it you and whysnow are happy with the status quo. So to answer your question if the people who currently aren't happy jump ship and get full refunds the snowball effect would essentially force the hand of the happy people to jump also because Skit-B wouldn't have the funding to finish the game. Is this what I want to happen? Absolutely not. Just because you are happy to not ask questions about how and where your money is going and what happened to all content pertaining to Predator doesnt mean that's how I am. Let the others and I ask all the questions we want when it comes to our money. See my post earlier in this thread, I did not get the answers I asked for so stating now that "we know the license is ok only thing left to bitch about is communication". Wrong there are still questions about refunds, disappearing content, and communication. Once these things are proven answered or pics are provided then that's all I need.

Well I don't think I need to conform to YOUR personal guidelines on posting, and since I do not see YOU posting anything useful which makes your statement hypocritical, I think I will keep posting .

As far as "letting you and others ask all the questions you want" you won't ever see me trying to stop you. I am no moderator, thank God.

And I never said anyone was "bitching" about anything. If you think you are "bitching" that's fine but I would not use that characterization.

And BTW, I think they are using my money to build the machines, but as long as I get my Predator #19 I really don't need to know. I never knew what my money was being used for specifically on any of these preorders. Don't get me wrong, I am not doing the pre-order thing again with any company. I just don't think me balancing their checkbook every week is going to speed delivery of my game.

#1140 9 years ago

It's nerve racking waiting to see what the new theme will be!

Come on something Marvel!

#1141 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Yes

#1142 9 years ago

Yup and even the right detail.

lol. Love the witch hunt from some of you.

#1143 9 years ago
Quoted from BlackRabbit:

Wow. I agree! Good eye for detail!

Look, another witch hunter here folks.

"Burn them".

'But that is actually a real cab for predator, they have 2 buttons on each side. have you never even seen the game you are attacking'

"Burn them"

#1144 9 years ago

So it looks like the first production cabinets are being built at VirtuaPin right now.

That is promising news!

Whats the under over now on the whysnow bet getting his machine by Dec 31st 2014?

#1145 9 years ago

you are all wrong, these must be for a Twilight Zone remake, since I see a TZ in the background

Whysnow, not to rain on your parade, but looks like all of Paul's virtuaPins have the two flipper buttons. You will note the mini-cab in the photo also has them and if you go to his site you will see that all have them. Not saying these are not predator cabinets, but your two button argument does not hold water.

#1146 9 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Whysnow, not to rain on your parade, but looks like all of Paul's virtuaPins have the two flipper buttons. You will note the mini-cab in the photo also has them and if you go to his site you will see that all have them. Not saying these are not Predator cabinets, but your two button argument does not hold water.

By the same logic shouldn't the front panel have 4 holes in it also, like the mini cab? Virtual Pins need the extra buttons for exit and other features. The Predator cabs in the pictures don't have 4 holes in the front.

#1147 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Now that the licensing and conspiracy theories have been debunked all that is left is to complain about communication?
Predator #19

You say complain I say bitching, same thing. I just want my questions answered, that's all. Since they are being ignored through skitb I come here to the thread kevin started to get answers. If you are not affiliated with skit b and you have no answers then you arent helping for what im looking for. As for being a hypocrite, whatever, ive helped by providing information that I was sent from Kevin or "support". That's the most help I can provide given the very small amount vague information skit b provided.

#1148 9 years ago
Quoted from dmilo:

By the same logic shouldn't the front panel have 4 holes in it also, like the mini cab? Virtual Pins need the extra buttons for exit and other features. The Predator cabs in the pictures don't have 4 holes in the front.

touché

#1149 9 years ago

A few days ago I was asking questions, since then Kevin sent that email out saying all is well. I have to take him at his word, so pretty much everything else can be filed under "Shitty Business Practices". The lack of communication, no mention of the product online, not responding to everyone's emails, etc.

For a company hoping to followup this game with another one, this is not how to build a business and cultivate a market, but it seems at least the Predator owners will get their games.

#1150 9 years ago

To be honest I don't know if those are predator cabs or not, but I do know they were always planning on using the Virtual Pin guys to build their cabinets. Which makes sense since they are located in the same general vicinity in Michigan.

There are 1,373 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 28.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-players-guide/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.