pull out.png
train.png
B1Tdn8GIAAAvzOu.jpg
wpid-NO-SOUP-FOR-YOU616.jpg
image-288.jpg
PredatorHalloweenPumpkin.jpg
coolest-homemade-predator-halloween-costume-2-21310269.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,373 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 28.
#701 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

You already cancelled your order. There's need to carry on with the negativity and skepticism. Let the people who are still in keep the thread positive.

I actually don't know if my order is cancelled or not? And I'm still interested in the pin and what is going on, if this is the only "negativity" you guys get then congrats because it will be smooth sailing for you, went through 3 years of it with Woz.

I'm just trying to get some answers here, for a pin that I could pick up later after "the dust settles", and since I haven't received a refund, not a big deal to me, I'm still interested in what goes on, both the good and bad.

And btw, if he would have announced that JJP had been building Predator I wouldn't have dropped out, if I'm actually out.

Quoted from frolic:

Spooky has been slow getting games out, and they are reasonably well staffed with minions and an office manager responding to emails and taking care of payments. From my perspective, Spooky is about as well run a "boutique" as you could expect, so if they are having a slow go of things, it only goes downhill from there.

This x10......Kevin needs to take a communication class from these guys. Hire somebody for $10 bucks an hour to at least repsond to people.

#703 9 years ago

Not sure why a company starting out would go through a company struggling to get out their first pin (3 years now). Smart choice would of been to go through Stern. Just one dudes opinion of course.

Ice you have stated you views very clearly. When it starts to get out of control is when people go on and on so much that it appears they are trying to make the thread all about themselves and what they think. Please give it a rest for a bit.

I agree that buyers need an update on when the pin we just put $3K+ on will be built and an approximate production schedule.

#704 9 years ago

good luck to you all whom have stayed on course with this purchase // I suppose not one has been built/shipped? That sucks.. Time answers all questions / I am sure Kevin wants his game in all your houses faster than you all do . Hope he gets that done for all you PinHeads/ Meanwhile go play the ones you have turned off in your own home..

#705 9 years ago

I've sent Kevin lots of email in the last 2 + years (after my deposit with questions about spare Game specific Parts, Plastics & PF's) - all without 1 single reply.
I've sent him 7 emails this year beginning weeks before TPF in March with 4 emails being after payment in full (on 06/27/14) with questions about the apron engraving & estimated delivery schedules - still no replies.

Tried to PM him on PinSide & it looks like he's not taking PinSide mail/PM's?

Just to be clear I'm emailing Kevin at the correct email address:
@SkitBPinball.com

If that's a bad email address PLMK - TIA

Pin - K

#706 9 years ago

not good news pin-k. one of my pet peeves is people who can't click reply. hell, tell me to F off, but at least acknowledge I tried contacting you.

Frustration is growing by the day for LOTS of us.

#707 9 years ago

Kevin. Any news on PRED builds yet?

#708 9 years ago

I know the wait sucks guys. I did drop out so I am sure my opinion doesn't hold water… I emailed for my refund and had 2-3 emails back and forth regarding the money almost immediately.
Frustration is mounting, no doubt; and I have no inside info, but I truly believe you are all going to get a stellar game that is worth the wait. I had to bail for personal reasons, but I am still envious of the lucky 250! Soon this will all be water under the bridge and you will be filling these pages with crazy info/vids that will forever make me regret having to be out on this one…..
Good luck everybody! Stay positive!

#709 9 years ago

If there's news...Kevin will post it....just sayin'

#710 9 years ago

Just maybe Kevin is busy putting together the build plan for Predator and doesn't have time to answer all the emails.

Or would you rather he spend all his time on Pinside and answering emails?

#711 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Kevin. Any news on PRED builds yet?

In his last post, he said the best way to ask him questions is to email him direct

#712 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

If there's news...Kevin will post it....just sayin'

I agree but at this point of time where he has 750000K or more of buyer money, I do believe there should be some sort of news by now?? Obviously people are looking for production numbers as well as maybe an update? Kevin said he needed the 3k each so the build could progress and now that he has it radio silence? I think he owes it to his customers that pretty much kickstarted his company for him to maybe open the lines of communication a little more.

#713 9 years ago

Good luck to any still in, I would hope with all this up-front money the games will be shipping very soon.

#714 9 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I think he owes it to his customers that pretty much kickstarted his company for him to maybe open the lines of communication a little more.

Did you copy this from the WOZ thread?

#715 9 years ago

I dont think we should really expect much new until we get closer to Sept/Oct? as that was when Kevin said games would start going out.

#716 9 years ago
Quoted from BigPhil:

In his last post, he said the best way to ask him questions is to email him direct

I'm doing it for the children. Pinside children.

#717 9 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

I dont think we should really expect much new until we get closer to Sept/Oct? as that was when Kevin said games would start going out.

aside from the promise of emails and new production numbers which I thought woudl be out by now.

I know my current production number but that is because I am pretty early and emailed with Kevin when payments were due.

#718 9 years ago

To keep from going bonkers, I think people should understand going in that this whole pre-order thing requires a lot of faith, patience and the willingness to accept some risk regarding any money sent in.

Sometimes you get a great final product like WOZ and BBB at a good price.

Sometimes you get nothing, like MM down under.

It's certainly not for everybody.

#719 9 years ago

Or nothing...like the repro Star Wars cockpit/uprights by RAM Controls debacle.

Patiently waiting goes by easier with a few photos however. I'd love even to see a photo of a stack of Predator playfields.

#720 9 years ago

So.... wtf happened to the video? Why is it gone?

#721 9 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

So.... wtf happened to the video? Why is it gone?

Magic.

American_magician.gifAmerican_magician.gif
#722 9 years ago

SORCERER! BURN HIM!!!!

#723 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Did you copy this from the WOZ thread?

Who? Whats WOZ?

#725 9 years ago

I will gladly wait for this with patience and understanding, coolest theme yet in pinball as far as I'm concerned. So take your time Kevin even these guys can be laid back every now and then.

238594.jpg238594.jpg
#726 9 years ago

That used to be my screensaver...

#727 9 years ago

Its mine right now.

#728 9 years ago

You guys are tasty

#729 9 years ago

screensaver or wall paper?

#730 9 years ago

wallpaper

#731 9 years ago

I wish I had a picture of my Skit-B predator machine in my game-room. I'd make it my screen saver, wallpaper, FB background...

#732 9 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

I wish I had a picture of my Skit-B Predator machine in my game-room. I'd make it my screen saver, wallpaper, FB background...

Nice! I see what you did there.

#733 9 years ago

don't forget MySpace

#734 9 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

screensaver or wall paper?

oops...wallpaper...

#735 9 years ago

I hate waking up.... and not seeing any new posts in this thread... Someone please post something !!

Anything... Ponies...Toppers...Boobies...anything !!!

#736 9 years ago

predators_2.jpgpredators_2.jpg

#737 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

predators_2.jpg 32 KB

I nearly spit water on my keyboard when I read that!

#738 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

I've sent Kevin lots of email in the last 2 + years (after my deposit with questions about spare Game specific Parts, Plastics & PF's) - all without 1 single reply.
I've sent him 7 emails this year beginning weeks before TPF in March with 4 emails being after payment in full (on 06/27/14) with questions about the apron engraving & estimated delivery schedules - still no replies.
Tried to PM him on PinSide & it looks like he's not taking PinSide mail/PM's?
Just to be clear I'm emailing Kevin at the correct email address:
@SkitBPinball.com
If that's a bad email address PLMK - TIA
Pin - K

Kevin got back to me with the information I requested.

A big THANKS to PinBallFanTexas for reaching out to Kevin.

Looks like I am #60 in the build cycle & as far as delivery goes here is what was said in his reply:

"so that would put your personal game estimated around November or December realistically out the door".

All good news to me.

Pin - K

www.KimballsPinballs.com

#739 9 years ago

We are all very curious about actual production rates and plan to watch closely to see how Kevin does. Sounds promising at this stage. Guess we need to wait until first few are delivered before seeing high quality videos of game play. As many vids as there are, I wouldn't say I have a solid feel for what it will actually be like. Kevin's game play videos were excellent but I like watching someone string a few good games together to watch the flow.

#740 9 years ago

I've been waiting for a good time to enter this thread as I'm new around these parts. Hard to find a good time ATM though
I've been on the side lines of all the predator threads for two years now and I do have a horse in this race.
I'm hanging and just as frustrated as the rest of you.
The information given in Kevin's last group email out doesn't appear to be panning out if pin-k's email above is any thing to go by.
Just like to know if that November or December in that email should read November-ish or December-ish?

#741 9 years ago

Kevin got back to my email the other day; just asked him how things were going.

"Production is moving along very nicely. We get more and more parts in just about every day and we have our crew ready to start cranking these games out at a moment's notice. Just a few more fabricated parts to get ahold of and we will be hitting the ground running for sure!"

My production number was over 200 two years ago and now its 138 so quite a few dropped out.

#742 9 years ago

I think just getting that email from Kevin letting us know our new production order and even a rough estimate of timeframe would make people(including myself) a lot more relaxed. Even if there are a few outstanding deposits from people who have moved up from the waiting list, us guys who paid before the 28th June should be sorted in order.

Post edited by bretty: Wrong date

#743 9 years ago

Random question...does anyone around here assigned to machine #138? Not production number, but machine number. I'm #137 and would love to switch numbers if it didn't matter.

#744 9 years ago

Yeah the worst part about all of these people dropping out is that most of the numbers I originally requested probably became available. Pretty sure it would be a logistical nightmare switching everyone's numbers around to the ones they want.

but with that said...if #77 is available I'll take it!!

#745 9 years ago

I forgot to share this a couple weeks ago.......

20140726_205241.jpg20140726_205241.jpg
#746 9 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

I forgot to share this a couple weeks ago.......
20140726_205241.jpg 176 KB

Cool, first siting of a WOZPE - Wizard of Oz Predator Edition - extremely rare. Not to be confused with Predator Wizard of Oz Edition which is only vaporware at this point ....

#747 9 years ago

Just wanted to share that I emailed a few questions to Kevin and got a reply.

Long and short is that things are progressing with parts coming in and sounds like first the batch is being put together soon.

If you have something pertinent then I suggest emailing Kevin. If you don't have something pertinent and are not in the first batch, then don't worry as I will be sure to answer all I can as soon as I get my game.

I am happy to have any other owners over to see and play my game as soon as it arrives (hopefully by MadRollin Pinball on Sept 13).

#748 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just wanted to share that I emailed a few questions to Kevin and got a reply.
Long and short is that things are progressing with parts coming in and sounds like first the batch is being put together soon.
If you have something pertinent then I suggest emailing Kevin. If you don't have something pertinent and are not in the first batch, then don't worry as I will be sure to answer all I can as soon as I get my game.
I am happy to have any other owners over to see and play my game as soon as it arrives (hopefully by MadRollin Pinball on Sept 13).

Who knows where we are in the build order because we sure havent received an email with an updated order? As in first batch, is that 2-5 machines 5-10? These are all questions that need to be answered. Im going on vacation out of state in September and would like to know a time frame of when I can expect my game so I can plan accordingly and also put aside funds for shipping. Its not too much to ask for a little communication from Skit-B.

#749 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Who knows where we are in the build order because we sure havent received an email with an updated order? As in first batch, is that 2-5 machines 5-10? These are all questions that need to be answered. Im going on vacation out of state in September and would like to know a time frame of when I can expect my game so I can plan accordingly and also put aside funds for shipping. Its not too much to ask for a little communication from Skit-B.

Have you emailed Kevin?

#750 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Have you emailed Kevin?

I have now, just figured there would be another mass email is all.

There are 1,373 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 28.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-players-guide/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.