pull out.png
train.png
B1Tdn8GIAAAvzOu.jpg
wpid-NO-SOUP-FOR-YOU616.jpg
image-288.jpg
PredatorHalloweenPumpkin.jpg
coolest-homemade-predator-halloween-costume-2-21310269.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,373 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 28.
#601 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

+1
I want a spare pf and spare plastic set and would like to know price and availablity.
I think at one point it was said these would be passed along at cost (or near it) to customers? I am guessing #s of spare pfs and plastics need to be ordered in advance/ in conjunction with the bulk run?
Kevin >> Please let us know details

Me too. Kev had answered a request for a spare pf last year but said to wait cuz at that time it would of cost a grand or more. He hasn't had them built in bulk yet to save costs.

Soooooo.... I'm asking again Kev. Spare pf and plastics??

#602 9 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I'm ready!

image-83.jpg 128 KB

are you reading a Cosmo magazine too?

#605 9 years ago

Kevin >> any updates?

Are all 250 owners now locked in?

I messaged the mods on pinside to see if we could get a Predator owners forum which is only for the 250 confirmed and paid in people (i.e. password protected). Would we be able to get more info and updates if we had a private space to share and talk?

If so, I am happy to moderate a sub-forum for owners.

If people and Kevin are interested in this and it will result in more info being shared then we could look into hosting elsewhere if Robin doe not have the bandwidth (maybe a chance that the local WI forum owner would provide some space? > preference would be to keep it on Pinside since many of us already come here)

#606 9 years ago

Sad to report...just received my refund on my cancellation request. I am happy for somebody on the wait-list that will be able to enjoy this game. I wanted it sooo bad, but life kind of got in the way. **Nothing SkitB did forced my decision in any way, shape or form**
A BIG thanks to Kevin and the rest of the SkitB team for allowing me to be part of this ride. You guys were great and I enjoyed meeting you at the MPE 2 years ago. I wish nothing but the best for you on all of your future endeavors.
This game is going to be STELLAR, and I hope all of the PRED buyers love their machines as much as I think you will.
Keep up the great work SkitB you guys are a definite asset to this small community. I hope to see some gameplay videos from owners soon!
(I'm coming over Drano to see what I missed)!

#607 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Kevin >> any updates?
I messaged the mods on pinside to see if we could get a Predator owners forum which is only for the 250 confirmed and paid in people (i.e. password protected). Would we be able to get more info and updates if we had a private space to share and talk?
If people and Kevin are interested in this and it will result in more info being shared then we could look into hosting elsewhere if Robin doe not have the bandwidth (maybe a chance that the local WI forum owner would provide some space? > preference would be to keep it on Pinside since many of us already come here)

Good idea, I was beginning to think there already was some secret forum where you guys were posting updates and I was missing out. Looking forward to getting a rough idea when I will be playing Predator

#608 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Kevin >> any updates?

No nothing like that can be done unfortunately. Besides strictly closed update threads this is an open forum for pinheads to discuss. That said, you can try to create an owners only thread and if it goes off topic staff could get involved to keep it on topic.

#609 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

No nothing like that can be done unfortunately. Besides strictly closed update threads this is an open forum for pinheads to discuss. That said, you can try to create an owners only thread and if it goes off topic staff could get involved to keep it on topic.

Intent would be to have a place that ONLY owners can read and discuss with the hopes that Kevin would be more open to sharing more progress pics with those fully vested in the project.

If Kevin is still interested in the idea then I can see if the local WI forum would be willing to host it?

#610 9 years ago

Whysnow, it's your idea. Start it on pinside. We will banish all who enter our sacred sacrum with ill intent

#611 9 years ago

Bad idea. The beauty of pinside is the discussion of all points of views that is carefully moderated so it doesnt get out of hand. Making a private section in the public forum would be selfish and limiting.

#612 9 years ago

I decided to hop out of Predator. I hope someone enjoys the spot. I was not as hung ho on it any more and felt someone might enjoy it more than I.

Got my refund promptly, best of luck to the Skit B crew! Hope to see and play a real life Predator someday.

I am still interested in seeing the progress until final shipments are made, and the many opinions after it comes out!

#613 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Bad idea. The beauty of pinside is the discussion of all points of views that is carefully moderated so it doesnt get out of hand. Making a private section in the public forum would be selfish and limiting.

Unfortunately the beauty of pinside is also a wealth of people that always seem to want to try and dump on many project that they are not in on and in this case can often throw discussion way off track.

I think it would be a nice treat for the 250 officially IN to be able to possibly see some things that Skit-B and Kevin may not feel like sharing with the general public.

#614 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Unfortunately the beauty of pinside is also a wealth of people that always seem to want to try and dump on many project that they are not in on and in this case can often throw discussion way off track.

...and this is exactly why I started the Members Only Clubs. There always seems to be less problems in there because people are all on the same page...most of the time...

#615 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think it would be a nice treat for the 250 officially IN to be able to possibly see some things that Skit-B and Kevin may not feel like sharing with the general public.

I totally disagree. Yes I dropped out, but seeing what I am missing will only make me hungrier. This hobby is about knowledge and sharing that knowledge to further peak interests from people who are just entering this crazy hobby.
For people "crapping" on the PRED thread, just ignore them. True fans will have nothing bad to say as SkitB are totally stand up guys. Those that have any questions or concerns can start their own companies and see how well they do!
Please let me stay informed, regardless whether I am in or not!

#616 9 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Please let me stay informed, regardless whether I am in or not!

No one is saying you can't be in the Thread. They just want to keep it pleasant, and not turn into the usual shitshow.

#617 9 years ago

Actually, I am saying exactly what I would like is a private forum/thread which is password protected and only for those 250 officially in on the game. I understand the desire to be informed even if you are not in, but what I am suggesting is a way for those that are in to be able to discuss ONLY amongst ourselves.

I am imagining as the first games are delivered many owners will be interested in sharing more with each other and talking about mods and improvements in a "safe" area. At the same time, I am guessing a password protected forum would likely allow Kevin to share some things that are not as appropriate for general public consumption.

Isn't this a very similar thing to what Jpop has done?

#618 9 years ago

Private forums get stale quickly. Trust me, I moderated Wayne's forum in 2006.

#619 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Private forums get stale quickly. Trust me, I moderated Wayne's forum in 2006.

Yeah they sure do. I only have time to visit/help out here so wouldn't be able to participate/keep up on another site.

I'm not a fan at all of what JPop has done with those projects (kept info tight) and have little interest of closing out information from the pinhead masses. Pinside is pretty much an open forum. I get your (Whysnow) desire though with all the haters waiting to troll every thread for a new release. However, for the most part the staff is able to weed out some of those individuals and thread ban em.

Quoted from spfxted:

...and this is exactly why I started the Members Only Clubs. There always seems to be less problems in there because people are all on the same page...most of the time...

These threads do tend to have much less drama going on and are fun for owners to share and discuss with those that love the same pin.

#620 9 years ago

Start a private Google one like Jack did.

#621 9 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Start a private Google one like Jack did.

Agreed! I nominate Whysnow.

#622 9 years ago

It only is worthwhile if Kevin is wanting/willing to share more in a "private" forum than what we get here/via email.

If that is the case and Kevin will give me the names/emails of all 250 paid in folks then I would be happy to start a dedicated space for private conversation and sharing of an owners group.

#623 9 years ago

I can see the point of trying to keep owners only information separate just to keep the negative comments from outsiders down, but you're still going to have people coming/going from the owner's list so it's not like you can take 250 people and lock them in a forum and be done with it. I'm not a fan of the secrecy JPop is doing with his but understand there's a NDA because of new/great things that are copyrighted, but everything's already out in the open as far as features on Predator. After dealing with WOZ and other pitchfork issues on here I am all for less negativity, but I don't know how practical it would be in this instance. I could be wrong though. I just think non-owners are going to view it as Skit-B trying to hide something. I think once machines start shipping we could do a Member's Only thread and then Dude and I could keep it reasonably troll free.

#624 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I just think non-owners are going to view it as Skit-B trying to hide something.

Agreed. I would not care about non-owners joining, even if only to bash Skit-B because
1) we (and Kevin!) now have thick skins and
2) some outside point of view is always welcome.

(but if there is an owner-only forum, I will join. Just does not see the need for it)

Quoted from blondetall:

I'm not a fan of the secrecy JPop is doing

Neither am I.

#625 9 years ago

I'm also wondering (without doing a count-off or making another list) how many of the 250 Predator owners are actually Pinside members. I know at least a couple of posts on here that said they were paid in full were troll accounts stalking my threads, and that quite a few people are lurking this thread as owners but just aren't very vocal about it or post all that much. I know the main players, but am curious as to what % of owners we have on Pinside in general.

I'm at work and have the original owner's list that was made, and as of 10/22/12 when it was last updated, Pinsiders accounted for 113 machines.

#626 9 years ago

Is Predator going to be at CAX 2014?

#627 9 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Is Predator going to be at CAX 2014?

Yes, Skit-B are having a drawing at their speech on Saturday to give away one of their new games they will be announcing.

#628 9 years ago
Quoted from HomeBrew:

Yes, they are having a drawing at their speech on Saturday to give away one of their new games they will be announcing.

Damn I wish I could participate in that drawing.

#629 9 years ago
Quoted from HomeBrew:

Yes, Skit-B are having a drawing at their speech on Saturday to give away one of their new games they will be announcing.

I just looked under pinball games on the CAX web site and Predator is not listed, so I am not sure if the Predator game will be there. I know Skit-B is giving a speech, but not sure if they brought Predator with them.

I guess we will find out when the show opens.

#630 9 years ago
Quoted from HomeBrew:

I hope your right

#631 9 years ago

No sign of the game. Kevin is about to speak. Probably has game with him

#632 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I'm also wondering (without doing a count-off or making another list) how many of the 250 Predator owners are actually Pinside members. I know at least a couple of posts on here that said they were paid in full were troll accounts stalking my threads, and that quite a few people are lurking this thread as owners but just aren't very vocal about it or post all that much. I know the main players, but am curious as to what % of owners we have on Pinside in general.
I'm at work and have the original owner's list that was made, and as of 10/22/12 when it was last updated, Pinsiders accounted for 113 machines.

I don't need PRED to stalk your threads Blondetall.

But I'm still in at #190.

Has anyone heard or talked to Kev about the PRED builds yet?

#633 9 years ago

I have a pepper spray gun, and I'm not afraid to use it.

I think everyone else is on the Skit-B game #2 thread and/or Googling MythBusters because they've never even heard of them. I didnt see the streaming video but from the sounds of things, not much was said about Predator. I was turned off the 2nd game as soon as JJP was mentioned, so I am still totally focused on Predator.

#634 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I have a pepper spray gun, and I'm not afraid to use it.
I think everyone else is on the Skit-B game #2 thread and/or Googling MythBusters because they've never even heard of them. I didnt see the streaming video but from the sounds of things, not much was said about Predator. I was turned off the 2nd game as soon as JJP was mentioned, so I am still totally focused on Predator.

Yeah. Ditto here. Just waitin' fer things to calm down then see what Kev says.

Btw:

image.jpgimage.jpg

#635 9 years ago

Kevin, when we will expect to get an updated email on production schedules please etc?

Also, who will be building the games, if this has changed.

#636 9 years ago

JJP will not be assembling Predator.

#637 9 years ago

Here are a couple pictures of some t shirts I had made for CAX. My wife requested the pony one.

1405229226193.jpg1405229226193.jpg
20140712_155639.jpg20140712_155639.jpg

#638 9 years ago

Not a single word was spoken of Predator. I would think Kevin would have thumped his chest a little bit about this great game that he has made (and is making) as a lead-up to the next game but he seemed a little “off”. He appeared to have a cold, things were a little disjointed and the focus was clearly on the announcement of the “dangerous” game and the JJP build of said game. Oh well, tis what it is.....

#639 9 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Not a single word was spoken of Predator. I would think Kevin would have thumped his chest a little bit about this great game that he has made (and is making) as a lead-up to the next game but he seemed a little “off”. He appeared to have a cold, things were a little disjointed and the focus was clearly on the announcement of the “dangerous” game and the JJP build of said game. Oh well, tis what it is.....

What is the "dangerous" game?

Edit: Never mind I found it...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skit-b-2nd-game/page/11

#640 9 years ago

Let's get back on topic.

Quoted from SkitBPinball:

More like 1 day till deadline for the Skit-B crew to finally finish the ordering process and move into building some games!

Quoted from SkitBPinball:

Yes, we are Eastern Time over here in Michigan. Deadline has hit about ten minutes ago technically, so I'm going to actually turn in at a decent time tonight. I'm sure there will be some folks sending more in overnight, which is fine, so I'm just going to turn my back and get everything squared up in the AM.
Also, yes, of course there will be updated personal emails going out sometime soon after the dust settles to let everyone know where they stand in the new production order and how they've moved around the list.
Exciting times, everyone! Good night!

The dust should be settled 2 weeks since payments were due. Skit-B has at least 750k to make stuff happen (250 X 3k = 750k)

What is the good word Kevin?
Are parts ordered?
Who is building SkitB games and are they trained and ready to go?
For those that are interested in buying a spare pf and plastics, what are the details?
When are emails going out with final production positions?

What are the next steps? Now that 250 are paid in, I thought it was acknowledged that communication was supposed to get better?

#641 9 years ago

^^^ Have they been certified by all the various government and independent agencies (FCC & UL)?

#642 9 years ago

These questions are important Kevin. Congrats on next project buuuuut....

Kinda need closure on this one first.

#643 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The dust should be settled 2 weeks since payments were due. Skit-B has at least 750k to make stuff happen (250 X 3k = 750k)

What is the good word Kevin?
Are parts ordered?
Who is building SkitB games and are they trained and ready to go?
For those that are interested in buying a spare pf and plastics, what are the details?
When are emails going out with final production positions?

What are the next steps? Now that 250 are paid in, I thought it was acknowledged that communication was supposed to get better?

I couldn't agree more with this. I just hope that the funds we gave Kevin are going towards the Predator build and not financing his second game which is not what I signed up for. I'm still curious why games didn't start production in April?

#644 9 years ago

Some type of update would be great, especially considering that a lot of us have a considerable amount of cash down on this. Also, I noticed that the players guide video was removed.

#645 9 years ago
Quoted from Buschjs:

Also, I noticed that the players guide video was removed.

No $hit?!?!? I wonder why he removed it?

#646 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Skit-B has at least 750k to make stuff happen (250 X 3k = 750k)

and probably closer to $1M as some of us have paid in full...

#647 9 years ago

Natural reaction from us to get testy seeing Kevin's time and money going towards another project.

I get it. But he needs to address these questions as soon as he can. The longer time goes by, the more confused PRED folks may get. THEN comes the other emotions. Kev doesn't wanna get there, so we'll hear from him soon I'm sure.

#648 9 years ago

I'm not sure why anyone expected SkitB's way of doing things to change for the better just because they paid more money. Having said that, wasn't everyone clamoring for info on what the next title would be? SkitB gave the people what they wanted!

#649 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

THEN comes the other emotions.

"There's no CRYING in Pinball!"

#650 9 years ago

Waiting for Kevin to come along with some answers. I dont care about game 2, I wanted to know what it was and after that back to getting predator in people's homes. Also like everyone else still waiting on the email Kevin said he would send us 2 weeks ago with build numbers and a shipping schedule.

There are 1,373 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 28.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-players-guide/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.