SingleMalts.jpg
head-in-sand.jpg
head-in-sand.jpg
crazy-5.jpg
sunglasses.gif
bush_mission_accomplished_uss_abraham_lincoln_reuters_img.jpg
untitled.png
happy-first-birthday.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#55 10 years ago

well done!!

Have you thought of taking some still photos?

#63 10 years ago

I love the new location of the hanging body.

And the Skull of course.

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

This is outstanding news.
My production number is 176, so I am expecting that mine will be ready around Christmas. That will make a terrific Christmas gift to my family!
Congratulations on getting this done Kevin!
Bravo!
I look forward to banging on it at the Texas Pinball Festival in March 2014!!
Marcus

I just checked my production number is 197

but production order is 143 (I think this is the build order)

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from Mtpacifico:

Ever thought of selling them as kits and allowing purchasers to assemble themselves?
Might be able to increase sales...
- Mike

not sure what you mean about "might be able to increase sales" they are sold out. Can't increase more than sold out.

#135 10 years ago

I liked the intro of video, but the actual game play video was a terrible, I can't think that anyone thinks that's an acceptable gameplay video.

No shots made, no scoop or diverters made. Basically nothing but a dark video which I could make little to nothing out of.

#177 10 years ago

Kevin, thanks for all the effort looks really good, I hope I didn't sound too critical when I said the video was hard to see anything of the flow or the shots etc..

It's just the intro was so very well done as good as Stern does, but the actual gameplay video was a letdown.

I know that sounds like I'm complaining, but if you look at the main body of the video I'm sure you'd agree it's worse than any of your prior gameplay videos.

Great job, overall the finished product looks fantastic, but I think you'll agree with me the gameplay video, is well below average.

That is just cinstructive criticism, it's fine for what it is ( I mean it's better than no video ) but to me I would try for a more accurate representation of an actual game rather than a demonstraton of a handful of glow balls which aren't even a part of the game in the first place.

#181 10 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

so 250 in production. and thats it.. no more ?
back by popular demand. or somethin like that ? : P

Hard to believe really with so many movies made into pins that Predator had not been made until now.

Koodos to Kevin, as for the low number made it's always better to leave them wanting more as the saying goes.

#227 10 years ago

In case you missed or can't find the old thread where Kevin explained the rules:

Quoted from SkitBPinball:

There are six standard modes and the wizard, so I guess we could call it seven modes in total.

By the magic of copy and paste, here's a quick refresher of the wizard mode:
Showdown Wizard Mode:
- Awarded by completing all HUD modes.
- Four ball
- Standalone
- All playfield shots are worth 25M and add 10M to Showdown Jackpot value that is collected at the Jungle Hole.

Going from left to right on the HUD, we have Camp, Runaway, Tracking, Unload, Traps and Reveal.

Camp:
This is the most "vanilla" of all the modes. Both ramps and both loops light for 20M apiece. Making those shots destroy the enemy camp, and completing the mode nets an extra 20M, making the mode worth 100M in total if completed. No special modifiers or flairs really apply to this mode, but if you use the super skill shot, this will almost assuredly be your first mode you play. That's important to note, because you always begin the game with Hunt stocks available and the shots that are lit for the camp mode are all potential Hunt shots.
Side Note: I ALWAYS use this mode to get some successful Hunts out of the way while quickly taking a nice score lead. Hunt + lit mode shot = 40M, so if you complete this mode and make three hunts, you will have Hunt MBall ready in one more successful shot and already be close to 200M score.

Runaway:
Chase Anna through the jungle. This is admittedly kind of a weird mode. Mode begins with a 30M countdown hurry-up shot to the left loop. Once the left loop is made (or the value drops to 10M), the active shot switches to the right loop, but this time it counts UP instead of down. The count-up will start from the value of the left-shot-score and begin counting up until it adds 30M. Once it peaks, you still have a few seconds to make the shot before the mode ends. If you hit both shots at max value, the value of the mode is a cool 90M for two calculated shots.
Side Note: Any time the ball is caught in an eject or a hole, or gets into the pops, the countdown or countup stops for a few seconds. As a personal aside, this mode ends with one of my favorite quotes in the game, which is Poncho saying "Maybe you'd better put her on a leash, agent man."

Tracking:
For this mode, you sort of change roles and become the Predator. This mode is played out completely in blacklight. Mode begins with the right eject lit, but you move the active shot to whichever shot you like by using the extra flipper buttons. If you get a good flow going, you can knock out all six shots in the time you're given, but it's tough. Shots start at 15M and grow by 5M for each success, making this potentially the most valuable mode at 165M total, but like I said, kinda tough.
Side Note: Mode starts with Billy saying "The only way outta here is that valley that leads to the east..." Hit both flipper buttons after the call out for a quick easter egg and have Billy finish the famous line (vulgarity must be on).

Unload HUD Mode:
- Starts by shooting the Jungle Hole when Unload Mode is lit (fourth mode)
- Four ball
- Standalone
- Flipper hold coils are disabled and all balls are continuously launched back into play for 30 seconds. All switches score their normal value +1M. For every ball that drains, that value is decreased by 10% for the duration of the mode.

Traps:
Set the traps to catch the Predator. In this mode you alternate setting traps up high and down low by hitting ramps then holes. I think of it in phases. In first phase, you have to hit either ramp, and in second phase you have to hit a hole. The phases go back and forth with each successful shot. Successful shots are worth 15M each, with a 10M bonus for completing all six turns, making this mode worth 100M total.
Side note: If you somehow manage to sneak into the left eject during this mode, you'll find another easter egg and a small bonus. Another personal aside, there is another of my favorite quotes in this mode. "You really think this Boy Scout bullsh*t's gonna work?"

Reveal HUD Mode:
- Starts by shooting the Jungle Hole when Reveal Mode is lit (sixth mode)
- Up to four ball
- Standalone
- When started, a second ball is added to play. Another ball is added when the left ramp is made, and yet another when the right eject is made. Right eject, left ramp and Jungle Hole are lit during this mode, and the values increase or decrease depending on how many balls are currently in play.
-----------------------------
Quick Multiball:
- Awarded from Mystery
- Two ball
- Stackable
- All major shots score 10M apiece

Standard Multiball:
- Achieved by lighting and activating ball locks.
- Three ball
- Stackable
- Ramps and loops score jackpots of 25M once apiece. When all jackpots are cleared, Jungle Hole lights for 100M Super Jackpot. After Super is achieved, lower right eject will relight jackpots.

Hunt Multiball:
- Activates upon fourth successful Hunt shot.
- Stackable
- Three ball
- Single shot lights for 40M. After 5 seconds, another shot is added, but value of those shots drops to 30M. After another 5 seconds, another shot is added and drops the value by 10M again. This process continues until 4 shots are lit and the value bottoms out at 10M. Process starts over when a lit shot is made.

Killing Spree Mini-Wizard Mode:
- Awarded by making all shots (left loop, left ramp, jungle hole, right ramp, right loop, right eject) three times each.
- Three ball
- Stackable
- Each playfield shot correlates with a team member. Shot value starts at 20M and goes up by 10M by eliminating the team in the proper sequence. When a shot is made out of sequence, the value resets back to 20M.

Showdown Wizard Mode:
- Awarded by completing all HUD modes.
- Four ball
- Standalone
- All playfield shots are worth 25M and add 10M to Showdown Jackpot value that is collected at the Jungle Hole.

Unload HUD Mode:
- Starts by shooting the Jungle Hole when Unload Mode is lit (fourth mode)
- Four ball
- Standalone
- Flipper hold coils are disabled and all balls are continuously launched back into play for 30 seconds. All switches score their normal value +1M. For every ball that drains, that value is decreased by 10% for the duration of the mode.

Reveal HUD Mode:
- Starts by shooting the Jungle Hole when Reveal Mode is lit (sixth mode)
- Up to four ball
- Standalone
- When started, a second ball is added to play. Another ball is added when the left ramp is made, and yet another when the right eject is made. Right eject, left ramp and Jungle Hole are lit during this mode, and the values increase or decrease depending on how many balls are currently in play.
--------------------------------
Post blocker in the back can deny the ball to continue through the loop to the other side. It is up by default, but is much easier to use and contemplate than you're imagining. When you make a loop, keep the flipper button held in to allow the ball to pass through to the other side, or let the button out to have the post deny the pass through. This is useful for lots of nuance reasons, but mostly as a way to keep the balls out of your way for long periods of time during heavy multiballs to give yourself some breathing room. And yes, it is used for the super skill shot as well. Holding the left flipper during ball launch bypasses the upper lane skill shot and allows the ball to come down to the flipper for the super skill shot.

The two extra flipper buttons are used to initiate the Hunt mode to either side.

#243 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

1) As before, not sure I'm loving Hopper stuck in the back. Seems like kind of an after thought, as in, "We couldn't make this work where we wanted it as designed, but were pot committed, so we stapled him out back." Not a deal breaker, but I'd find discussion of the decision interesting.

I love how you have evaluated the pinball, we agree on many aspects.

However, I disagree with you on the Hopper. I think it's location before was too obvious, or too prominent if you will. I think, now with it being back and by default 'higher' as well as the back of the game is higher. It gives the illusion of him being hung from a tree what is called the rainforest canopy. This is physically the highest point of the play field. Also, out of the way enough that it's more at the periphery of the game so that it's an ornament, but not the main focus of the game.

Plus being farther back gives the illusion of being in the distance and it's smaller size than the skull in the foreground blends better as small object in the distance. I know these are not size appropriate, but just as in a picture farther away things get smaller, I think that this is the best overall placement (as well as the prior placement was quite out of place to me).

#252 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Kevin. Are you going to be at Allentown?

Ted, can you do a pro video if it makes it to Allentown? I know with your movie background it would be epic. Loved you critter movie ('Hell Spawn' was it?)

#256 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hah! Deadly Spawn. But, yes, I can bring a High Def Camera and take some footage....
Look with some looney toon did!!

Deadly Spawn tattoo.jpg 185 KB

That's just wrong, hope you have the copyright on that bad boy could be Skit-B number 2 pin.

Don't you know Arnold as well?

If My wife lets me go to Allentown we should get together all the Predator crew.

#311 10 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Edit: Removed explanation, since you got it.
To answer your question, the cost for Predator is $4750. They are all sold out, but you can get on the waiting list by contacting Kevin at Skit B pinball.

I would get on the waiting list, it's free and I suspect ~50 people will back out.

#313 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I suspect you are way off! Considering the apparent flurry of people getting on the waiting list after the final announcement I think few would be silly enough to drop off at this point (granted that assumes it plays like we all assume when we see it in person at MGC and other spring shows).

We shall see, but no harm in getting on the waiting list.

#329 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Check this thread out for a great "choppa" mod, tutorial included.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-t2-restoration-with-pictures

you should sell a plug and play Choppa mod for Predator. I'm sure you'd get lot of buyers.

#397 10 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Wish I could see some pics of the fully loaded playfield sometime soon. Anyone have those? I like all Matt's stuff but on the fence if I like the "siders".

What is the hold up for decent pictures and a decent video? I mean decent pics could take less than an hour start to finish.

Something's not right with the lack of exposure, I mean one totally dark video in all these days or weeks since it was 'done', come on man.

#404 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

There is always a conspiracy, if there was something to hide they wouldn't be at the show. I'm sure pics and videos will start to roll in this weekend with people attending the show.

what is to prevent Kevin from taking a pic and posting it here?

#419 10 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Seems like these days everybody is taking pictures or filming something.....Everyday I see videos or pics of things that I think who the hell was filming at that moment - cars crashing right in front of other cars, planes crashing in the air, tornados touching down, people doing stupid stuff in front of police officers.........
but almost nothing from this game..... It is more stealth than the actual Predator...
can't wait to get some good images and video.

I could take a picture of a pinball machine and post it on the Internet in 20 seconds. I see no reason why Kevin could not as well.

I hear people say he's probably too busy working on the pin, too busy he can't take 30-40 seconds and snap a picture?

#430 10 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

There hasn't been a lot of opportunity to play Predator at Louisville so far, let alone shoot any video. The game seemed to be down more than up on Friday. I did manage to get in two games, but I had planned to play a lot more than that. I'm not really sure what to say at this point. Hopefully things will be better today.

That does not sound good.

#457 10 years ago

Thanks for some review, I presume cameras and phones are forbidden at shows?

#474 10 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Couldn't really see UV layer

This has been said several times, in fact the 'done' video shows (or doesn't show) the same thing, if you recall the only time we ever have seen the 'UV' paint is when Kevin actually shines a black light like 2" from the naked PF. This is not how the black light is implemented in the game, in fact the UV paint was supposed to be the selling point of this pin and IMO until I hear otherwise or see for myself (in the game not on a naked PF with a black light 2" from the paint) it does not seem to work at all.

#477 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

It's a rich man's hobby now boys.

Not true, you can still buy a working pin for $750 or even get some pins for free. You can buy honest to goodness real working pins that are very god for $2k.

Just because some pins sell for $8k or $5k doesn't mean it's a rich mans hobby now.

A Ferrari sold at auction for $24 million, does that mean Everyone have to be super-rich to buy a classic car now?

#479 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I could be mistaken, but I am pretty sure there's a multiball "Unload" mode where the flippers purposely dont let you cradle and lose power if you hold them in. Of course if it was happening the whole time then that is a different story.

This is a good point, in fact it's likely, probably a glitch in the program, or the mode is not known and people think the machine is malfunctioning.

#481 10 years ago

Jpop said when he was at Williams there were something like 50 engineers working there.

#484 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Was talking about new pin buying...but good point. Just saying there no new cheap pins now. There are new cheap cars.

People were buying nib Stern for less than $4k at Christmas 'flash sale' on Amazon, there are some deals out there.

#537 10 years ago

I think the owners will be happy with the end result, especially for the price..

I think this implies the price is especially cheap? I can point to ST pro for the same price. Just saying $4800 is not cheap.

Some say new Stern pros are stripped, however no one says there is less on a Predator than on a Stern pro (IMO).

#559 10 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

Yes, I said it was a great game at a CHEAP price! Lol, exactly what I meant! You can't compare BOM of a small company with a Stern game. It's not a fair 1 comparison in my opinion. If someone is PAYING for this game and wants to make that comparison and buys a Stern instead, that's fine with me. But if you expect a very small company with limited resources to surpass Stern with their years of engineering, design and sales experience, then I think your expectations are unfairly too high. I didn't have any issues on my play through save for some slightly weak flippers, which I don't tend to bother with as that is something that can be fixed/adjusted. I understand those who have paid for this game have concerns, but I didn't see any "red flags" on my play through. Of course, everyone needs to play it for themselves.

Don't want to argue, but $5k is $5k no mater who makes it. In other words, to me this game needs to equal or surpass ST pro or Tron pro for it to be considered 'cheap' at $5k.

On a side note, if the UV paint is supposed to be its killer feature and yet if you can't see it, what good is that? How is that a bargain?

#575 10 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

It might not be the most important feature, but it is certainly on of the main selling points. Getting it right is a pretty big deal.

CFTBL without hologram...

I am not saying the UV paint does not exist. I am saying it's invisible ink. That's a pretty big deal. If you need a UV flashlight 2" from the naked playfield to see the UV effect, than in other words it is a failure.

Mission complete video did not show any UV paint effect, show reviewers could not see it. it's not there (in the sense that being able to see it is the main point) edit: this according to people that have played it, I have not seen it in person myself.

2 weeks later
#774 10 years ago

This has got to be the most disappointing 4 week span, since the whole "mission complete" nonsense (no real video or pictures), not working at convention, invisible UV paint and top it all Kevin radio silence mode. I can not think of a worse follow up to the initial post of this thread.

#788 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Did you drop out?

not yet, but it's getting close. I'd like to see a few picks and a video of the so called complete game, I don't think that's too much to ask for.

#800 10 years ago

Ok,

The game is 'complete' I'm using Kevin's words, can we not even see a few pictures of the final game? We have nothing from the convention or from Kevin, it takes about 8 seconds to take a picture and post it.

#802 10 years ago

I just took a pic of this post to show how simple it is to take a picture and post it on the thread.image-551.jpgimage-551.jpg

#812 10 years ago

Sorry, don't mean to put Kevin down, but since day one on this thread all I asked for was can we see a few pics or a video that is not 99% in the dark?

It's been 4 weeks, if there is no pictures or video nor any reply from Kevin, I just assume the pin is not really a complete working game.

#815 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

Rai I think you get what you want to see on Friday at TPF good or bad.

Thanks, I will refrain from posting negative posts.

It's not directed at Kevin who seems super cool, and I know he's working.

It's more about me being a pessimist overall, and since there is nothing to talk about I like to stir the pot, rather than talk about ponies or ear rings or other nonsense.

#976 10 years ago

Please, everyone don't attack any negative reviews. I want to hear the bad as well as the good.

Too often, I have expressed a question or concern and had people say "why don't I just drop off if I didn't like it! Instead of questioning this pin which is the best pin ever made obviously, Predator rules all".

This is kind of the vibe I get from some whenever anything is even the slightest bit negative against Predator.

I just hope this does not prevent some people from posting their free opinions.

I have talked to some people on PM who told me they don't want to post anything negative for fear of the fanboys here on this thread.

#978 10 years ago

All I said is don't hold back on honest reviews for fear of intimidation posts and instantly I get a negative reaction I was warning against.

Thanks for proving my point.

#988 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That is because for months now you just complain and are the continual pessimest.
It seems many welcome the constructive yet critical comments, inclusing Kevin. I sure do, but just pissing and moaning with no solutions should get you lynched.

Like when I say I can't see the UV paint and next thing the 'so called' complete game is changed so that more powerful UV light is added.

#994 10 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

My final review of the "completed" Predator after finally getting to play it. I got eight games in I believe.

I have always said I will hold on just for the UV because the implementation is innovative. After playing the game I’m not sure that even if the UV amazed me it is enough. Game play, overall build quality and my very large concern for service and support after the sale have me less than enthused.

thanks for the great review.

I was telling someone that I was on the list for Predator, he said "that's the game with the UV paint", so that's something to me that is almost the essence of the game. Like CFTBL that's the game with the Hologram. Now take Hologram out of CFTBL it's still plays the same but it's missing something that is almost it's calling card.

#1072 10 years ago

I never did understand the two stand up targets in the center of the PF.

#1087 10 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Any new news on the Predator pinball?

I believe it's getting a new video done so we can actually see gameplay

#1139 10 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

maybe its just me. but. anyone else have issues with the two targets right smack bang in the middle of the PF ?

this is my main concern, stand up targets very close to the flippers.

#1157 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Just wondering which reviews were biased? Do you mean like Kevin's or something?

I think he's saying the reviews he doesn't like are biased. Not really sure unless he gives an example.

#1195 10 years ago

Of the people who have played it, is it as good as say LOTR or SM or other $5k games such as Tron etc?

I know it's rare, and has a great theme, but gameplay wise, does it stand up as a $5k game?

Not trying to start anything, I'm just trying to ask, if I'm not a super duper Predator fan, would I be better off with a LOTR, IM, Metallica (ish) pin?

#1202 10 years ago

Thanks Rosh.

That's all I'm asking, I ask an honest question and people jump on me.

#1225 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

They be gearin' up for Allentown!

You planning on Saturday?

#1231 10 years ago

Thanks for the above posts, I am not trying to put Predator down when I asked if it's worth $5k the same money as LotR or Tron or ST pro.

I want people's opinions, I am not saying Predator sucks. But I like a full feature game not not a full compromise game.

I am sure some will like it, but equally sure some will not, but that goes for all games, I was reading reviews of Tron and LotR which put them as poor to very poor. Doesn't mean I agree with the reviews, but I have an open mind and like to hear what others think about pins.

Thanks

#1245 10 years ago

Are the center targets a lot closer than TNT targets on AcDc ?

#1270 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

completely agree

Wow we agree.

A video is not hard to do, the game has been 'done' for two months now for Pete's sake.

#1276 10 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Didn't Kevin already post a "Mission Complete" video about 2 months ago of the supposed final version? Has anything changed on the game since then?

Have you looked at that video? Or was it a glow ball display? I forget.

If I recall 80% of the video was in total darkness! I mean just a dark game with glow balls. If I recall, the video did not display one made ramp shot, not one made loop, not even sure if I saw one shot to the hole.

'mission complete' video didn't show anything worth seeing. Plus things have changed since 'mission complete' such as the light tube. Hard to tell if anything else as we never did se any high res pics which I think Kevin said he would do.

He said the 'mission complete' video was quick and dirty since he was trying to get something out quick, but that does not excuse the next 50+ days with no real pics or real video of the game.

#1287 10 years ago

Great job Kevin looking forward it seeing you at Allentown hopefully.

#1332 10 years ago

Plus, Kevin pulled the videos from Thanksgiving and before. I can not even see the old examples of play or the way it flows or ramp shots, loops, rules or sound effects.

I know those were prototype games, but he pulls everything and does not post any new pics or videos. I would not be expecting people to pay the balance until the game was shown to be 'complete' which we have not seen yet.

#1374 10 years ago

I don't mind the delay at all, it's more the lack of a single picture of the game since it's been 'Complete' and the lack of a real video since 'complete'.

No matter, if it's at Allentown, I'll get a real look see and play the game if it's there and working. And I will give my personal review.

#1413 10 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Is Predator going to make it to Allentown? I plan on going Friday.

like to know that too.

#1415 10 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Is Predator going to make it to Allentown? I plan on going Friday.

The silence is deafening

#1418 10 years ago

So they display The unfinished prototype last year but not the actual 'complete' machine?

That's a bit odd IMO

#1420 10 years ago

If I can't see the game and play it, I'm out. I had though and hoped to see it at Allentown and it's a location within driving distance of 90 million or more people so I thought it would be ideal and a lot of pinsiders were planning on seeing it there.

#1422 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just curious, but did you see and play all of your LE Stern games before committing to purchase?

I played the ST pro and that was good enough, the LE is the same game with a few minor additions.

Besides, I know Stern can build games. It's like buying a Honda or buying a car build in a basement, there is a level of credibility at Stern that SKit-B has not reached.

#1500 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Still have people defending the lack of a decent gameplay video, I don't understand.

I've seen hundreds of videos on the internet, by people with a video camera. It doesn't have to be the second coming of Stanley Kubrick. It just has to be a video. It doesn't have to be a $3000 camera. Whoever is using that argument is delusional. I am not saying take a video on a camera phone, but something decent a $300 video camera is probably great. And Kevin was making videos for years. It's not like he's inventing the wheel.

Not going to Allentown is bad, not talking some photos and video is simply unbelievable at this juncture what are we 70 days since it's been 'complete'?

#1502 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

A video would no doubt be nice, but they are super expensive to shoot and edit.
Everyone says "just use a $200 camcorder", but those do not have the aperture to shoot in low light, and that's why they look like shit. For the blacklight effect to be filmed in gameplay, a very good, low light setup is going to be needed, as most cheap cameras filter out UV and IR.
If Kevin had access to a $3000 camera rig, hotlights, and knew how to edit video, you would have had a nice looking video long ago.
Thousands of pinheads saw the game this year, and no one was able to shoot anything that didn't look like an upskirt video.

how hard is this to do?

#1527 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

We'll be playing it in 2 days!

I thought Allentown was unknown if Kevin is going to be there.

#1536 9 years ago
Quoted from mrpostman:

Is this also hard to do? Spooky sold me on this game using this video.
» YouTube video

don't show that to Wahchintonka, he'll say that takes as much talent as being a F1 driver, or maybe Nascar since it's not quite as great as the one I posted.

#1570 9 years ago

There was a $300 camera pointed at Mustang from above , doesn't look too hard to me.

This is a pic of that live feed.

image-685.jpgimage-685.jpg

#1595 9 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

That's the same video from the very first post in this thread.

Can't see a bloody thing on that video, no ramps made, no loops made, total dark can't see a darn thing, no UV paint whatsoever.

Greatly disappointed not to see the game at Allentown. It could have dispelled or confirmed a lot with a show appearance. Almost like they didn't want to be seen.

#1608 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Here's hoping Rai responds in kind and this leads to a Billy Joel themed forum battle.

That was a great reply.

I will say the only thing I would expect to have changed at Allentown would have been me or other prospective owners who could have played the game, this was my chance to play and Kevin's chance to showcase the game to an audience of potentially 50 million people within driving distance.

I could have formed an opinion and given another review to prospective buyers.

#1609 9 years ago

I think it took Ted less time to film his masterpiece 'Deadly Spawn' than it has taken to get a simple gameplay video made since this thread started with 'mission complete'.

#1623 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

UV paint works under clearcoat, just look at all the AFMs out there that have been cleared and still glow.

Maybe the invisible ink is different?

#1652 9 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

How did this go from the most talked about to the least talked about pin? Everyday I open this thread in hopes of seeing a pic of a row of built, ready to ship Predator Pins. Bring it!!!!!!

My excitement has gone from 100% couple of years ago to about 22% now. I can not imagine a worse roll out and this whole 'mission complete' thread was about 3 months premature at least.

.image-522.jpgimage-522.jpg

#1685 9 years ago
Quoted from Rick471:

Emailed Kevin weeks ago about refund on deposit...no response

I believe this is bad, and should be followed by our ability to 'sell' our spots.

#1721 9 years ago

Kevin said he'd have a better video 2 and a half months ago, said the first was a quick and dirty 5AM video don't even know why bother with that in the first place. But let's see what is taking months and no reply to people who want refunds and no reply on this thread? Seems like something is wrong with the game or he might have got a video out by now.

#1732 9 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I received an apology for the delay and my $250 refund from Kevin early this morning.
I'm officially out, but pulling for the Skit-B team and everyone else with a horse in this race.

Good news for you and someone on the wait list!!

#1799 9 years ago
Quoted from cmproductions:

Hey Pinsiders! I know Kevin is really busy with everything and hasn't posted in some time. I've had some personal family medical issues with my little boy which has made me come to the conclusion that I need my $$ back. Family first right?? I've paid in full but all my PM's to Kevin have gone unanswered. Should I be concerned here?? Anyone else request a refund and gotten it quicker?? It's been 2-3 days now and my son is having a bone marrow extraction this week and I seriously need the $ for that as I get a significant cash discount if I pay the day of the procedure. Any help in getting kevins attention to this matter would be appreciated.
Please note that I intend to stay "in" on the game with my 250 initial deposit. I'm just a little bit frustrated with the commuication.

so sorry to hear about your situation. Best of luck to your son.

Kevin is know for not responding to emails or PMs for sometimes weeks at a time. I would not count on getting a refund quickly. I am sure eventually, but don't count on quickly. I would make other plans if you are counting on this refund. No stocks to sell or anything like that?

#1811 9 years ago

I'm starting to wonder what happened to Kevin.

I think you need a team to do this kind of project, one person can simply not do it all, or if he can it adds exponentially to the time.

9 months later
#1870 9 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

Yes, this is really happening.

One year anniversary bump
happy-first-birthday.jpghappy-first-birthday.jpg

#1874 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Rai,
I love you man but unless you are back in this is a bit of trolling.

Why did Kevin needed all that money back in June 2014, and there's not a pin to be seen yet?

I was on board with this project as it was originally presented that the money would be collected as the machines were being built, or that the machines would be built in batches (like AMH) and you could pay for your machine once it was on the schedule to be built.

So, then instead of that (which to me was a reasonable plan and it works for Spooky). I didn't feel that Kevin needed $750K to start the ball rolling. IMO.

#1880 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

One thing is commenting or asking questions and another is stirring the pot.

I'm sorry.

Didn't realize you guys were so sensitive.

#1889 9 years ago

Sorry, just having a little fun.

I understand building a great pin is not an easy thing to accomplish as JJP and PPS both illustrate, I expect it's many times harder for one person to pull off.

I am very optimistic that Predator pins will be shipping very soon and that all will receive their pins in the next 6-9 months.

#1894 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

One valid reason for visiting the thread is general interest in pinball, and another valid reason for commenting, even though you have no immediate vested financial interest in the product, is that you want other pinball endeavours to be run smoothly, and with honesty and integrity. When a project is run in a way that causes valid questions to arise, everyone should be able to raise and debate those questions.

It's not far fetched to assume that WOOLY is hurting by Kevin's actions.

Maybe it's a good thing that crowd sourced pins will no longer have success they enjoyed 3 years ago with Jpop and Skit-B leading the way.

#1913 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

obviously you missed the point...
Rai's ressurection/trolling in this case is so obvious that was the point. Nobody with any degree of intelligence would kick their dog when the dog screws up.Pretty said to see Rai still trolling Predator threads.
Pretty sad for anyone claiming to care about pinball and the hobby in general to be trolling what has become a very sad and sore spot for many pinsiders already. What positive can come from this other than some morbid entertainment for an outsider. Reality is that the straw that could actually break the compilation of bad decisions could in reality be the incesant trolling by a select few pinheads that genuinely appear to want the project to fail under all circumstances. The problem being that at this point egging on failure shows true colors that Rai appears to not only want the project to fail but would like 250 of his pinball community to lose out on their deposits??? Again, very sad IMHO.

How could resurrecting this thread cause the project to fail? I think that's a straw argument. It's in Kevin's hands, he has the funds he wanted. This thread will not cause the project to fail.

#1968 9 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I just looked back at the beginning of this trainwreck thread.
Not trying to be snarky, but what accomplishment was the title about anyway?
I really can't figure out what happened at that time.

This, Predator was not complete 366 days ago.

But, IMO if you don't want to be called out on this, you shouldn't post you are complete, don't collect $750k in hard earned money for building and say you will be shipping in October 2014, here we are 7-8 months after Kevin started collecting $750k without nary a pin shipping.

I still don't understand how people feel fine with Kevin handling this situation.

However, my intention when bumped this thread, I pointed out how it's been one year now since the game was 'complete'. I had my doubts at the time, I really had my doubts when Kevin changed the money collection plan (that was a deal breaker) and now looking back, it seems I was more correct than some people would like to believe.

I don't understand why I am being shushed in any way. I never made any delivery dates or never collected any money for this project.

This situation is absurd, and people let it happen. First thing I did when Kevin asked for $3,000 up front money, was to say, that's not what we agreed to, we agreed to $250 deposit, I am not shifting the risk of this venture to myself. He's the company, if it makes money he gets rewarded. I don't pay Best Buy a year in advance of buying a TV. I can't recall a thing I buy where I have to pay for it a year in advance.

Does anyone notice far less Kevin posting and responding to anything after he collected $750K?

Is this a coincidence?

Is everyone comfortable with Kevin being able to budget and handle $750K? Does he look like he's had that kind of money and responsibility before?

#1969 9 years ago

I'd say the people petting Kevin and not asking hard questions, not allowing others to criticize when they have a valid concern, not pushing back when he asked for $3000 in advance deserve some blame for this fiasco. If we all had said to Kevin, talk is cheap, stick to the plan, cash on delivery (this method works by the way, see AMH).

#1977 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Well, at least there's no boob pix!

image-56.jpgimage-56.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-pinball-mission-complete?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.