SingleMalts.jpg
head-in-sand.jpg
head-in-sand.jpg
crazy-5.jpg
sunglasses.gif
bush_mission_accomplished_uss_abraham_lincoln_reuters_img.jpg
untitled.png
happy-first-birthday.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ninjaboot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

Yes, this is really happening.

xXThat game is gonna be the Shiznit of Pinball!Xx

Glad everything came together for ya nicely. I actually prefer the current location of the hangin body rather then at the bottom of the ramp. The game looks great! I knew you had it ya

Is the game coming with glow balls?

#192 10 years ago

Duffman was in Avatar?

#270 10 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

For anyone that hasn't seen the Predator trophy case diorama, here are some pictures and information about it:
http://www.onepercase.net/2013/07/neca-predator-2-trophy-wall-diorama.html
It looks awesome and sounds more substantial than I would have expected.
Brad

I'm kinda on the fence on these. Don't really suit the game other than the hangin skulls IMO.

1 week later
#376 10 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

We WILL find out what happened with Aaron.

Seriously? I'm sure he is a good guy but who cares really? Its nobodies business but SKitB's what happened to Aaron.

#482 10 years ago

I'm thinking these Louisville reviews should be taken with a "grain of salt". Everything stated on here in the past couple days sounds like fairly minor stuff in the grand scheme of things. SkitB realizes the importance of knocking this outta the park and from what I have seen from them so far on this project; their efforts coincide with this. I think Kevin has gone more than out-of-his-way to try to please the masses here on pinside and I'm sure he will continue to do so.

Confucius Say
"The wise speak when they have something to say,
the fools speak when they have to say something. "

#490 10 years ago

Aaron has left the building. Nuff said!

#554 10 years ago

^^^^^Funny, that's totally what I was thinkin!^^^^^^

1 week later
#739 10 years ago

I was hoping Kevin would have chimed in by now, commenting on some of the concerns with the game at the last expo?

3 weeks later
#1189 10 years ago

The UV layer is definitely not a deal breaker for me. I could live without it if that was the case. I do think there are many questions that SkitB needs to address though as well as releasing a new revised "Mission Complete" video maybe addressing some of the minor issues. Its going to be tuff getting owners to "pony" up the remainder of payment with the game as is without some explanation. I'm still pulling for SkitB to pull this one off!

#1319 10 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Kevin is now facing a dilemma with this long awaited video... as many are waiting for it to decide whether they buy it or not, it better be VERY convincing. So... no, he cannot just take his phone and record a crappy one with a lousy player. He better find the right player, the right camera, the right illumination - or rather illuminationS as one would like to see the UV face in the dark (but please, no glo balls...). Then edit it and give a full flavor of what's in store. So I would be extra careful before releasing a video...from what I have witnessed in other threads/games, a video can do more harm than good, even if the game is good.

This does make perfect sense but for the ones who don't get to see or play the game before purchasing, a video and a little more communication is definitely required. If Kevin has the time to send out emails looking for money he should be able to pull off a video?? The game has changed a bit since the Mission Complete video i.e. those UV tubes(which I personally think looked slapped in there as a quick fix). If the UV doesn't work that well, I prefer the the original setup without the tubes.

Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Well, really guys: Is there any need to post stuff like that? It gives pressure to Skit-B, makes more people nervous and will not help you to get your refund faster. I cannot understand such behaviour nor the fact that people want to get Out since the Product Looks Good, feels Good....but isn't perfect for everybody like every stern Model . Kevin is nearly alone and has so much going on for the very First Time in his life (WE Are Talking about a 1.2 million Project btw)...to implify he is a liar (UV Layer) or a Schmock (Money/refund) is Not acceptable. WE all knew that this will be a more Rough Ride than ordering a 0815-Stern!

Lamihh, this is a Predator forum where potential buyers of a product get to discuss the game in its entirety. Don't you think there is a little pressure to the people being asked to pay up for their game? This is the place to post concerns as well as accomplishments. I too think the game looks great(from the view on my macbook anyway) but 5K is a lot of money to shell out for most of us. There is obviously a little scepticism as of late from some pinsider's that have recently played or seen the game. I do believe this needs to be addressed for the ones who are on the fence. To assume people are to just "pony" up money on good faith is ridiculous. Advertising/showcasing a product is key to selling any product. I want to see a video without any outside interference such as waving a black light over the playfield or playing the game by making shots with your hands instead of the flippers. Buyers have a right expect a little more from SkitB on the presentation of this game in my opinion. If Kevin can't do a video for 2 weeks then he should wait till then to start to ask for money.

#1356 10 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

There are 250 refundable deposits of $250 that have been sold. Until all these machines are paid for in full and shipped out I would hesitate to call them sold out... Skit-B still needs to show off this machine as much as possible and allow as many of these pre-order people to play the game to make an informed decision. They also need to make a really good video that shows off the game in the best way possible for the people unable to play it in person. The worst thing Skit-B could do right now is call it a day figuring that they have all these deposits and a wait-list of people ready to buy. The problem with doing only a $250 refundable deposit is that people that signed up for it really don't have anything to lose. They can afford to stay in until the very last minute and speculate because in the pinball world $250 is a drop in the hat. My guess is that there are quite a few folks that lost interest along the way but are hanging on simply because they figure "Hell, it's only $250 so I'll wait to see if this game is a winner or not" before plopping down the $2750 in cash. Yes, between the pre-order people and the waitlist they most likely will have enough people to account for all 250 games but I definitely wouldn't take these people for granted. Skit-B needs to step up the communication and work at keeping it's customer's as happy as possible!

Doesn't seem unreasonable. Kevin did say he would do another video after the mission complete video but with better lighting and game play? That hasn't happened yet? I don't really buy the "this is a boutique pin and if you don't like it back out attitude". Its like saying shut up and drink the Kool-Aid. No one is asking to redesign the game. I just want to see what I'm buying as it has slightly changed since the big unveiling. Isn't anbody curious of how the UV works with those new black light tubes? Seems they make the ramps more prominent than the UV paint?

#1360 10 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I guess maybe I am 'defending' him, because I feel their is a little bit of a lynch mob going on.

I don't think so at all. People asking questions and requesting a decent gameplay video isn't exactly what I call a lynch mob. I've been paid in full for as long as anyone. I'm not looking for a reason to pull out. I just want to see the game that I am buying; presented by the guy who designed and built it.

#1408 9 years ago

Those pics and videos are awesome. The game looks great.

#1476 9 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

2 per pallet I guess

Must be a big pallet? I would consider moveing closer in line if the option was available.

#1478 9 years ago

It would definitely save on shipping.

#1480 9 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Am I incorrect? I thought 2 fit easily?

If they are unboxed yes.

#1558 9 years ago
Quoted from Wahchintonka:

Actually it took from when the ship sank in 1912 till 1985 to find the wreck of the Titanic

They found the Titanic???

#1561 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

at the end of the show you could look at the back of your "boarding pass" and see if you died in the wreck.

That is messed up!

#1599 9 years ago

I'm curious when the first games ship?

#1604 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Rai is waiting here in Allentown
For the Predator he never found
For the promises Skip-b never gave
For a video that's still being made
And he's waiting here in Allentown

I've had that damn song stuck in my head since I watched the video. Very catchy!

#1651 9 years ago

How did this go from the most talked about to the least talked about pin? Everyday I open this thread in hopes of seeing a pic of a row of built, ready to ship Predator Pins. Bring it!!!!!!

#1653 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My excitement has gone from 100% couple of years ago to about 22% now

I'm still pretty stoked for the game Im looking forward to playin it

#1720 9 years ago

0.jpg0.jpg

1 week later
#1834 9 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Waiting for the video is like watching grass grow....

But when it does come, I hope it blows us away.

Kevin, any chances of moving up in the build order?

#1836 9 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

if you are above 190 I would say yes

I think I'm 227? I tried emailing Kevin for confirmation but still waiting. I don't mind staying at the back of the bus but since Im paid up I thought I might be able jump the line a bit.

#1838 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I dont want to sound negative but why would Kevin allow this? Your bonus for paying early is quite a bit of extras and jumping ahead of people isnt one of them.

I guess that's why I directed the question to Kevin. Since a few have dropped out I figured everyone would shuffle up? I wasn't implying that I deserve to jump the line cause I'm paid up

#1844 9 years ago
Quoted from Wahchintonka:

Actually, that's exactly what you were implying in your first statement.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Kevin has stated more than once that there is no jumping the line unless someone ahead of you drops out. In that case everyone behind that person would move up and the first person on the wait list would be number 250.
What I haven't seen him say anything about is if someone can jump back. I know a few, especially in the first 50 or so, that want to do that. Even in this case Kevin would not likely let two people swap their spots. The one wanting to move back would move back and everyone behind them would move up one.
I know the previous Predator thread is extremely long, but this subject has come up more than once so it wouldn't kill you to do a little research first.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ninjaboot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-pinball-mission-complete?tu=ninjaboot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.