SingleMalts.jpg
head-in-sand.jpg
head-in-sand.jpg
crazy-5.jpg
sunglasses.gif
bush_mission_accomplished_uss_abraham_lincoln_reuters_img.jpg
untitled.png
happy-first-birthday.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lamihh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#161 10 years ago

Edit

Post edited by lamihh : Sorry

#166 10 years ago

Send it manually via paypal using the mailadress from the initial deposit and you will have no Problems at all.
Just did it and I am fully paid now!

#168 10 years ago

@jlm33: you have forgotten Machine number and your name....if you want this information on your plate your Quote is Way too long

1 week later
#485 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

This is the whole problem with Pin collecting today...the machines are seen as a stock or commodity. Game not that good? Aw shucks, don't worry, the volume is low so you can always dump it...I mean, a bad car is a bad car, nobody cares if they made a few of them or not...Why is a bad pin, with low numbers still valuable? I just don't get it. Again, not saying this pin is bad, but there's just this odd-world mentality in the pinworld that scarcity = value no matter the game. That may have been true 15 years ago, but times have changed. With so many GREAT pins coming out and more pins being made now than in the last 10 years or so, the market will begin to place value on quality, not scarcity. Stern isn't stopping, JJP isn't stopping...and now that prices are reaching $8K as the new standard for all LE's, this is a damn expensive hobby. It's a rich man's hobby now boys.

Well man, here's my Point of view:

I totally Love the theme and no matter how Deep the gameplay is (i am pretty sure that it will be further developed by the community or skit-b itself) or if there are any hickups (that the pinball machines from the big companies have also) the Predator pinball machine Looks badass and is an enrichement in my man cave )

I do understand that People worry (I'm fully paid by the Way and Committed since the very first beginning #11) but I personally don't though I have to Pay a lot more for my Game because of shipping/tax/fees (Germany).

Here's my comparison:

I am a big Fan of Sports cars. I had Real cool shit Running like Porsche 911, Maserati Quattroporte V and stuff. But then i realised what I really Need and forgot about those cars People see as a Status Symbol. I am driving Cadillac XLR and Plymouth Prowler now...both are not famous in Germany and People don't like them like Porsche and Maserati...but I llove 'em as they're both really Special and unique (here in Germany both are just a few handful on The Streets I guess.

MMR, WoZ LE and the Stern LE's like met and St are porsche...and Predator is plymouth/cadillac. Not so shiny and Not that Premium but way cool and totally the right Thing...for me

Of course I also want a polished Game for delivery but i am Adult enough to know that a few enthusiasts in a basement can't compete with the big companies with their hundreds of employees and factories. They're taking 4750$ Not 8000$ and so far they surprised with what they were able to realize in my humble opinion.

I Trust Kevin and i Support Skit-B but I am Not a dreamer. And I am Not still here because it is so rare but because it is such a cool theme and an (optical) attractive machine with hopefully but not necessarily nice gameplay. Sounds, Graphics are cool Too by the Way )

#489 10 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

that dude Kaneda is SO wrong. For instance, for me, Predator is a dream theme. If they can get it in my house, I am sure over time I can fix any issues. And I am also sure that if there is anything I don't like about the software, it's PROC, so I can get exactly to what I want. I want to enter the gameroom and HEAR the Predator callouts, see the attract stuff going off. That's before I even press Start I want this in my gameroom. And at the price point it's a no brainer for me compared to everything else I bought. The rarity means nada to me on this pin. Ok it means one thing - if I drop out it's likely I won't be able to get back in later. I like the way this pin looks and sounds. The music from the movie Predator is some of my favorite all time.
Several people said "They" were there watching. Was Aaron there? Did anyone ask Kevin where he is at?

+1

3 weeks later
#949 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Awesome, thanks a lot Bakushan for doing all this for us. Very cool of you.
I'm disappointed to see how big and bulky the blacklighting is now compared to the LED strips. I get that it had to be done, but the other solution was much nicer looking and less "hacky". Also, is the blacklighting still not actually working well? Or is the camera just not picking it up? I get that it was a pretty bright room, but the playfield didn't look overly lit.</blockquote

I personally prefer the New Solution of blacklight. Yes it is longer but looks highly Professional, valueable and cool. As you can see: 2 guys n' 2 opinions )

1 week later
#1056 10 years ago

Production Launch 2day!!!! F&@# yeah!

1 week later
#1277 10 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I hope you're right, especially if that's how it was written up in the agreement. I just hope they had a strong business and financial plan put into place before they came up with the terms of the agreement. Even if they are only building 10-20 games at a time there are still likely quite a few parts (especially custom parts) that they will need to order all 250 for up front for vs. 20 at a time. Their first 10-20 games will be their most expensive units to produce and likewise they may have to go a bit further down the list to collect more of the half-down payments up front. The best thing for Skit-B to do at this point would be to clearly communicate what their plan is going forward to the group in case it's changed slightly.-and also a really good/high quality gameplay video would do wonders to make buyer's make an informed decision.

Capitalization is being handled in 'blocks' of customers in order to tackle our assembly goal.

This is what Kevin wrote so it is pretty clear in my opinion that just those pinheads have gotten this mail who are in the First batch(es).

I understand that People get excited when it comes to pay a larger sum. I am fully paid btw and though I am Not nervous as I trust Kevin I also wish he would give some final, clear Information.

#1310 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Well this has me officially worried, I hope I can get a refund since I paid in full. I was hoping to see a video but it hasn't happened.

Well, really guys: Is there any need to post stuff like that? It gives pressure to Skit-B, makes more people nervous and will not help you to get your refund faster. I cannot understand such behaviour nor the fact that people want to get Out since the Product Looks Good, feels Good....but isn't perfect for everybody like every stern Model . Kevin is nearly alone and has so much going on for the very First Time in his life (WE Are Talking about a 1.2 million Project btw)...to implify he is a liar (UV Layer) or a Schmock (Money/refund) is Not acceptable. WE all knew that this will be a more Rough Ride than ordering a 0815-Stern!

#1317 9 years ago

What do you guys expect to see what you have not Seen before?
You saw everything except of UV in lighted areas. Predator is Not done for that. Period.
There are a lot of reviews around -yeah, they're Mixed as WE have it with nearly every other Pin that came Out recently- and some of the very Senior pinsiders here (Even whysnow ) gave thumbs up. Does Skit-B have to give another Proof? I am Not a Groupie but I hate this manner when it comes to payday People find reasons to make it more and more complicated. I don't like the Way Kevin is treated right now as he is the man fulfilling a big pinball Dream for me. Sure he is taking Long for mail Responses and stuff...but Frankly speaking I guess Nobody expected him to get this baby Out in the Way it actually stands: everybody Speaks about Things being Not so nice as wished...but who talks about the unexpected modifications like the Cabinet the red trim and stuff? I personally do get more than formerly expected and if Kevin says that UV-Layer is working in the dark it should be believed. He's Doing this not for himself alone but for all of us being onboard; what about a little respect? If I were him I would Show some of you the middle Finger and kick you out of this project.

#1373 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I think the thing that makes me hesitate the most isn't the game play or game itself, it's the question mark surrounding tech support. Kevin needs to hire a staff, if my game breaks who can I call, text, email that's gonna help me troubleshoot it? This seems to be a deal-breaker for me if we don't have proper tech support. I'm not gonna rely on the Pinball community to help me fix Predator when problems arise.

This surely will Never Happen. Your expectations (hiring and paying People for tech Support; we're Talking about 250 machines, man!) are lightyears away from Reality and I personally cannot believe who is really expecting this from a Boutique. I am very sure that Skit-B cannot reach your expectations at this Point so your decision will be an Easy One.

1 week later
#1423 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

If I can't see the game and play it, I'm out. I had though and hoped to see it at Allentown and it's a location within driving distance of 90 million or more people so I thought it would be ideal and a lot of pinsiders were planning on seeing it there.

Rai, u r on Board since the beginning of The Vision making 250 Predator Pins.
You have had so much chances that I must underline whitesnows Statement at this Point. For me personally it Sounds a bit like a kid trying to give pressure...but with the queque waiting greedy for your spot you simply can't. I have paid fully and I live in Germany without having a economically intelligent Chance to Play it before making payments and stuff...i feel Good.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lamihh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-pinball-mission-complete?tu=lamihh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.