SingleMalts.jpg
head-in-sand.jpg
head-in-sand.jpg
crazy-5.jpg
sunglasses.gif
bush_mission_accomplished_uss_abraham_lincoln_reuters_img.jpg
untitled.png
happy-first-birthday.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#150 10 years ago

A couple months ago I was working at one of our campuses in a network room right outside the bio lab. Lots of cool stuff in there.

baby.jpgbaby.jpg

1 week later
#418 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Kevin, a few of us have pointed out the lack of protection from where the VUK ball drop occurs as well as the ramp exits. Can you please comment on this? These really look like future trouble spots for cracking/wear.

Sorry if this has already been answered, I'm only on pinside about once a week. For what it's worth, first stop for my game will be to Cliffy so he can design protectors. I brought this up to him several months ago and he instantly agreed.

There are a couple other local players also getting the game and their production numbers are before mine. If they prefer theirs be the games used I don't mind.

#563 10 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Hey Jonny...I mentioned the same thing to Cliffy a couple years ago and be agreed as well. Not sure where u are at in production but I am fairly early. Low 40's and knowing some have dropped I am confident I will be in the high 30's now. Let me know and one of us can work out the details with Cliff on his schedule and such to get tbis done.

Loren, I'm pretty high up. I think my original number was 154 so production number has to be at least 100. So yes, if you work out the details with Cliffy then you should go for it.

My plan is to have mine at PPM so it would kind of suck to get the game, play it a couple times, and then have it be gone for awhile for Cliffy to make protectors. I'd rather ship it direct to PPM, slap on the protectors and play it right away.

#565 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm the noob as far as pinball development goes, but I see this exact thing in a lot of the software we write at my job. I always find it funny when a QA person is like "i pushed A, F, D, and the up arrow at the same time, and it crashed" and the response is "Why in the hell would you push that combination?".

My dad is the ultimate QA tester. He once called me for help with his work laptop. He said he tried to log in and the screen turned sideways!! WTF....

So after some investigation I finally figured out he hit CTRL-ALT-PgDown (instead of DEL), which was the intel graphics shortcut sequence to rotate the display 90 degrees.

Also, if you need a 10 speed bike to only have 3 usable gears, my dad did that after riding my brother's bike for about a half hour.

1 week later
#738 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

This thread is not even worth reading anymore. I'd rather pinside create a "Skit B" thread where only they can post updates on Predator, choose which email questions to answer, and remove all this freakin drama.

I check the thread every couple weeks to a month.

It's really simple. Go to the last page, and if you see people flaming each other or posting ponies, you know there hasn't been any progress.

If you see grown ass men acting like teenage fanboys, and saying "Thanks for the update!!! I just have a few questions!!!!" followed by a list of approximately 800 questions, there was an update.

1 week later
#845 10 years ago

This thread has become a salivating contest. The anticipation is probably better than the final product.

3 weeks later
#1265 10 years ago

I got the email as well. I don't know what my production order number is, but my game number is 154, so it would surprise me if I was near the front. I emailed to ask for clarification.

#1313 10 years ago

I'm pulling for the boys, but I always keep it real. I have from day 1. That's why I only put in the initial, and never got on the "all-in" bus.

If I hear from them between now and May 1, when they expect the deposit, I've have to evaluate from then.

The lack of communication, and especially direct communication should alarm you. I'm in for $250, I can lose it. All good. I've put way more than that just running tournaments over the years just to encourage people to compete. But in the last four years I've been in the scene, I've seen plenty of jokers just looking to take bucks.

#1340 10 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

I'm curious to what production order #s he asked for payment? First 40? 60? 100?

I dug through my email. As of 8/15/13 I was production number 94. Quite likely I've moved up since then.

Quoted from Hazoff:

How hard is it to set up a camera with an overhead view showing gameplay and feature's with another camera set up to display the dmd at the same time so we can see this pinball in action.

It's not hard. I built my own back in 2010 and a newer one in 2013. It costs about $50 in square tubing and hardware. A decent HD cam can be had for around $200. So yes, I agree, it's baffling as to why this hasn't been done.

#1346 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

And time. Don't forget the time part. You can't have the game being worked on, taken to shows, and other things all happening at the same time. I understand people are impatient, but this is the ship you signed up to sail, a very small run from a very small company. Kevin can't just pick up the phone and call his marketing department to make a video with the boys down the hall in engineering.

I guess the question on my mind right now is whether taking the game to shows makes sense. The game is sold out. Cut out one show and make a video and you'll make a lot more people happy.

If the video was there, I would probably not be hesitating on the deposit. But I'm being asked to drop $2750 more and the only feedback from the shows from players is "it wasn't working half the time" and "this x feature still looks like it needs work" and "Kevin was working on it half the time".

I can certainly swing the money. But I don't GAMBLE with $3000. (That's why I have the money).

But with the deposit money they already have on hand, ideally, I expect to see pics of their production space. "Look guys, we're getting the build warehouse tooled up!" We haven't even seen a finished game. That doesn't concern you?

2 weeks later
#1587 9 years ago

Well, let me say I hope the best for the guys. It's an ambitious project and I commend everything they've achieved so far.

That said, I emailed them on 4/18 with questions about the deposit with no response from them as of 5/1.

I emailed again on 5/2, basically saying if I can go later in the production order, I'm still in. If not, gotta back out. And wished them the best of luck.

Two days later, no response, so I have no idea if I'm in or out.

#1642 9 years ago

To see the gradual deterioration of expectations, and the psychology of it all, has really fascinated me so far.

#1714 9 years ago

Again, I wish the guys the best. I was hanging with some pinheads tonight and we all agreed we want to see this happen. The theme and what we've seen so far is considerable.

As of today, asked questions about the build on 4/18. Followed up on 5/2 letting them know that if going later in the production order is an option, I'd prefer it, otherwise send me my refund.

No response yet. Not trying to throw more wood on the fire but just saying what I'm seeing.

#1728 9 years ago

I heard from Kevin today. He said that my production number is 91, and I shouldn't have received the deposit email, and he's looking into why that happened.

So, apparently I'm still in.

Frankly, this comes as a tremendous relief and re-injects some of my excitement about the project.

As previously mentioned, I'm really gunning for these guys. Guess we'll see what the next chapter unfolds...

9 months later
#1962 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Some pinsiders have actively been contacting various sources for parts, licensee holders, competitors, etc... on a regular basis to try and put the halt to the entire project.

Dude hell no. Really?

Really?

C'mon now. *really*?

That's where it's at? Conspiracy theory? People sabotaging the project?

I bet it's the producers of the next Predator movie, and this small 250 run of games would totally torpedo the media push for their next project.

GET A GRIP

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-pinball-mission-complete?tu=jonnyo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.