Topic Stats

• 1,992 posts
  • 263 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ZenTron
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 131 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

We-Will-Post-Anything-Predator.jpg
images.jpg
female predator.jpg
whitegoodman.jpg
image-56.jpg
download.jpg
Macallan18_GlenDronach18.jpg
homer beer.gif
SingleMalts.jpg
head-in-sand.jpg
head-in-sand.jpg
crazy-5.jpg
sunglasses.gif
bush_mission_accomplished_uss_abraham_lincoln_reuters_img.jpg
untitled.png
happy-first-birthday.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlm33.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#32 4 years ago

Awesome. The multiball in the dark must be fantastic. Can't wait to play that pin!

#71 4 years ago

My only regret is that the "new" predator thread is now closed. We did not have time to say farewell, have a last round of ponies and boobs before the lock... pity.

Sometimes pinside is too efficient !

#108 4 years ago

#91 (wedding year!)
Prod... was #166 or something in that range, but that was a long time ago... hope I was not promoted to #11 or so because I need to find the remaining $ in the meantime!

#165 4 years ago

Just got the email from Kevin (you don't sleep at night, don't you? )
Was trying to upgrade my deposit to the new "minimum" level ($3000). Whatever amount I chose on the popup menu with the deposit options, I ended up on a paypal page with $250...
Added $250 then... now at $2500 but reaching $4750 might be repetitive...

Am I the only one struggling with these online paiement options?

#167 4 years ago

And now we have to select the ≤ 50-character quote... Currently considering quoting a recent song from Eminem...
"This is survival of the fittest
This is do or die"

49 characters

#169 4 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

@jlm33: you have forgotten Machine number and your name....if you want this information on your plate your Quote is Way too long

I know. I did not plan to add a name anyway. If there is a tolerance for a few extra characters, #91 would be fine.

Quoted from lamihh:

Send it manually via paypal using the mailadress from the initial deposit and you will have no Problems at all.

Right - Thanks!

#289 4 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Mine will probably say, "I should have spent this on the mortgage."

Cool one.

1 week later
#508 4 years ago

Thanks for sharing pictures ! I love the look of the game. It took me some time to appreciate the PF, but the backglass was a love-at-first-sight encounter.

Still in - Prod #166.

So we can expect some issues... it would be helpful if some some of the first round of machines go to knowledgeable owners, ready to share their problems... and solutions (I am not candidate...)

2 questions:
From what I recall, game software is open source, right? So we will be able to bend rules, change parameters at will?

Wasn't Kevin supposed to give a talk in Louisville? Anything new?

#512 4 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I'm way less concerned about tech issues. In fact, tech issues at a show don't worry me a bit.

Same. Although I am very poor at Pin maintenance, got all the help I need nearby!

Quoted from navajas:

The game being easy, redundant and/or boring? That's troublesome.

If boring because the PF layout is bad, yes, that's troublesome. If boring because one finds the rules too easy, that will be an easy fix! I swear we will work on this - with feedback from the community one should increase difficulty and depth in a relatively straightforward manner. Anytime one comes up with an interesting rule alteration, others can test it and approve. Guess there will be "validated" or "untested / in progress" game versions available in parallel.

#519 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I think this would be difficult, because some on here think they are knowledgeable when they are not, and would say it just to get their game first

OK, OK, I surrender. Silly me...

#549 4 years ago

Here are three opinions from the Louisville thread:

Quoted from Timerider:

Played ok. I might have liked it more, had it the room not been so dark; that the uncovered super bright LED's in lane guides not been so blinding.

Quoted from Erik:

I played Predator a few times and it kicked my butt! Neat game, thanks to skit-b for taking it.

Quoted from winteriscoming:

The one time I saw no one on it on Friday I thought I'd get my chance, but it was frozen on the P-ROC logo. It doesn't seem like a good advertisement for Skit-B or the P-ROC when a game is sitting there unplayable much of the time.

#602 4 years ago

Just to summarize where I stand for now:

- UV: More a gadget than a Go/No Go for me. Would love to see it and impress friends when they discover it. Might have to change the UV source for a stronger illumination. No one wondered if these UV could actually harm the colors on PF and plastics? I am wondering if some would fade to grey after a while - especially if one use a custom-made super-ultra-mega bright UV source! - At least under the glass, which should protect the player from the nasty short wavelength UV component of the source. I assume one should use UV-A centered at 365 nm sources.
- Interactive Toys (of lack of): I don't really mind. At least neither the skull or hanging bodies will be prone to mechanical failure.
- Shots: From the beginning, people have noticed that there are not that many shots on the PF. Are all of them easy? I wonder.
- Rules: some reported that the pin was too easy with long ball times. That should be easy to correct, both from a hardware (wide outlanes, sensitive slingshots, high slope) and software point of view. Assuming one can reach a final wizard mode, too easily, that can be fixed too, especially if we have open access to the software.
- Weak flippers: should be an easy fix. The real issue with weak flippers was that people could not really judge flow if you can't even climb a ramp.
- Random reset/Freeze: that's annoying...
- Stuck balls: annoying but fixable...
- Artwork package, animations, theme: Love it!
- Communication: more feedback from Skit-B would be welcome.

#690 4 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Just keep in mind you WILL need to wear at least an SPF-30 sunscreen to safely play this game and you should also wear UV eye protection or you will burn the crap out of your retinas! Melanoma Multiball?

No. Simply because there will be a glass between you and the UV source. Stops all radiations < 310/320 nm.

#734 4 years ago
Quoted from Phillyfan:

I believe we are about to see a mass exit from this pin.

Contribution from a very active pinsider (9 posts in 18 months); consistent with what he/she "insightfully" wrote 9 months ago.

Quoted from Phillyfan:

I've not played it, but it does seem kinda weak. It looks like a Taxi that has been re-themed as Predator.

Like that Ghostbusters custom pin.

The playfield art likes bad, not dynamic, just a group of characters in a line like they were posing for a picture.

No interactive toys. I wouldn't call the skull or hanging bodies interactive.

1 week later
#769 4 years ago

I hope to see some news (hopefully good) there. Impressions, feelings and videos welcome...

#853 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Woooohooooo! GONNA HAVE ME SOME FUN...... Well you guys are, I'm over here in UK so won't be there in Texas. Pinball News will be though and I'm sure he will take video, photos and write a lengthy review of it.

Most of Old Europe will be watching Texas this week end...

#955 4 years ago

Thanks everyone for the pictures and feedback. Much appreciated!

#982 4 years ago

Unsure if everyone saw that video (post stolen from another thread)
https://www.youtube.com/embed/X3OYkuft26E?autoplay=1&rel=0

Quoted from Jodester:

I got a short video of Predator at the TPF. Pay no attention to the Pinsider I asked to not get in the shot.
» YouTube video

Thanks for posting this!

#996 4 years ago

Agreed on the 80's feel. Something not completely unrelated to Special Forces... with a better backglass!
...and this is a compliment, perhaps an odd one, from me.

1 week later
#1119 4 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

I didn't take any pictures of it for some reason.

You said too much already...

#1153 4 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

After reading many reviews, both biased and unbiased I am glad I'm getting this game.

I am glad too!

Quoted from Half_Life:

I don't expect it to be perfect in each and every detail, no game is.

And that's perfect for us because 1) we need to bitch about something 2) we can work on mods and improvements in the meantime...

#1194 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

The UV layer is definitely not a deal breaker for me.

Neither for me. I do not play the UV and I have been satisfied by what players thought about the game.
I am not sure changes can be made on the PF at this stage. Keep in mind this is one of the most expensive piece of equipment in a pin. Installing a different UV-source could be simpler.

On the other hand, plastics should be easier / cheaper to improve. I would be disappointed if this is not fixed.

#1252 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will say that there is something VERY different when people bag on a mass produced game compared to repeated bagging on a game being built by a small group of guys and they also do not provide any viable constructive criticism.
"Close targets" "Targets too close" "Targets too prominent" just turns in to blah blah blah really quickly after the 300th time in the past year. Pretty sure the targets are there for the long haul so you are beating a dead horse. Do you have a viable solution to what you think is a design flaw?

Agreed. Feedback from good players was good, so I assume
- they noticed these targets
- they realized how to deal with them...
- (it might take longer for me but...) I expect to do as well

It is either too early or too late to criticize this element.

- Too late because it is known for years (they were there on the whiteboard pictures I had in 2012), and changing this element is simply not possible at this stage. I understand when people are complaining about plastics or UV - these are fixable issues.
- Too early because we are not giving scores / marks to this game yet. We will be delighted to hear about DreamDR feedback then.

#1316 4 years ago

Kevin is now facing a dilemma with this long awaited video... as many are waiting for it to decide whether they buy it or not, it better be VERY convincing. So... no, he cannot just take his phone and record a crappy one with a lousy player. He better find the right player, the right camera, the right illumination - or rather illuminationS as one would like to see the UV face in the dark (but please, no glo balls...). Then edit it and give a full flavor of what's in store. So I would be extra careful before releasing a video...from what I have witnessed in other threads/games, a video can do more harm than good, even if the game is good.

#1375 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I think the thing that makes me hesitate the most isn't the game play or game itself, it's the question mark surrounding tech support. Kevin needs to hire a staff, if my game breaks who can I call, text, email that's gonna help me troubleshoot it? This seems to be a deal-breaker for me if we don't have proper tech support. I'm not gonna rely on the Pinball community to help me fix Predator when problems arise.

Get out as fast as you can then.
I fully agreed with lamihh... a boutique pin is clearly not what you should buy.

1 week later
#1457 4 years ago

I was #143 and did not received any email. But as I already paid more than half (only $750 missing... took me a while but I did it, and that was not easy) that's hardly a surprise. No intention to drop out. With or without video.

1 week later
#1641 4 years ago
Quoted from Wahchintonka:

If you tried to play Predator in a black hole the gravitational forces would rip you and the machine apart, wasting $5,000.

...and a valuable pinsider.

1 week later
#1772 4 years ago
Quoted from Rick471:

Kevin refunded my deposit...well...minus PP fees.

Which sounds fair to me, by the way.

1 week later
#1858 4 years ago

Might be time to close this thread and stop whining here...

Go to :
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-players-guide

...and start whining there

8 months later
#1959 3 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Mr positive shows up. Perfect guest list!

That one made be laugh.
Do you think Predator will come with coin mechs?

#1960 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have PMs from a member (part of the 1 week ban from pinside a few months back for me), but I don't care to post his PMs in public. He explicitly talks about him and his buddies actively contacting people in legal at FOX because they wanted to put a stop to the entire project.

I have absolutely no problem believing this. What surprises me is that they did not brag about it.

#1987 3 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Here's a interesting video if you want to reminisce instead for the one year anniversary.

Cool! Brings back some memories... I remember I convinced myself to start saving money for shipping and sales tax (not a negligible amount here!) for summer 2014.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 250.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 349.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
$ 239.99
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
ULEKstore
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 800.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 48.00
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 110.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18.99
$ 229.99
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlm33.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside