Topic Stats

• 1,992 posts
  • 263 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ZenTron
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 131 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

We-Will-Post-Anything-Predator.jpg
images.jpg
female predator.jpg
whitegoodman.jpg
image-56.jpg
download.jpg
Macallan18_GlenDronach18.jpg
homer beer.gif
SingleMalts.jpg
head-in-sand.jpg
head-in-sand.jpg
crazy-5.jpg
sunglasses.gif
bush_mission_accomplished_uss_abraham_lincoln_reuters_img.jpg
untitled.png
happy-first-birthday.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#37 4 years ago

Looks good, can't wait to get mine. Thanks SkitB

1 week later
#494 4 years ago

Great theme I'm in til the end, I just want a video of gameplay and some pics all in good quality. That's it, I like to look and listen and get excited about the prospect of Predator pin in my house. I can't really take any ones opinion too seriously as I haven't played it myself, I bought Tron somewhat blindly but based on all the hype and sold in a month, wasn't for me. I will never buy a pin based on someone else's experience. Just give me a nice HD vid showing some modes and features for now.

1 week later
#742 4 years ago

It is getting hard to stay on with this pin, I'm not one to complain but 3 weeks ago a video that's it's done, then a less than stellar showing at that pin festival and now silence. I would love the Predator in my collection but what the hell.

1 month later
#1333 4 years ago

I don't understand how anyone can defend the lack of a proper gameplay video at this point. How hard is it to set up a camera with an overhead view showing gameplay and feature's with another camera set up to display the dmd at the same time so we can see this pinball in action. There are videos all over you tube from private home collectors showing there pins in HD that I love to watch even if I own the same game. It's 2014, buy a goddamn HD camera and make a video already. There is no excuse for it at this point in development, who cares what Stern does or JJP or anyone else. I want this pin but I like to look at pics and video, what's wrong with that and how difficult and time consuming is it really? I'm not out but I'm not sending any money til I see some better representation on this pinball machine.

#1349 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Be at shows, don't be at shows, need more video, seen enough video, etc. . . . This reminds me of Aesop's' fable of the man, the boy and the donkey . . .
A Man and his son went to market with their Donkey. As they were walking a countryman passed and said: “You fools, what is a Donkey good for but riding?”
So the Man put the Boy on the Donkey. Soon they passed a group of men and one said: “See that lazy Boy, he lets his father walk while he rides.”
So the Man ordered his Boy to get off, and got on himself. Then they passed two women, one of whom said to the other: “Shame on that lazy lout to let his poor little son march along.”
The Man didn’t know what to do, so he placed his Boy up before him on the Donkey. By this time they had come to the town, and passers-by jeered and pointed at them. The Man stopped and asked what they were scoffing at. The men said: “Aren’t you ashamed of yourself for overloading that poor donkey with you and your large son?”
The Man and Boy got down and didn’t know what to do. They thought and thought, until they cut down a pole, tied the donkey’s feet to it, and raised the pole with the donkey to their shoulders. They went on in the middle of the laughter of everyone who met them until they came to Market Bridge, when the Donkey, wiggling and moving around, caused the Boy to drop his end of the pole. In the struggle the Donkey fell over the bridge into the water and drowned.
“That will teach you,” said an old man who had followed them: “Please all, and you will please none!”
Moral of the story is: trying to please everyone is impossible, and will result in failure to please anyone at all (especially yourself).

Yeah that's good if you're trying to establish new laws or change the world, we are talking about a video of gameplay for a pinball machine here so take it easy.

#1354 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Not sure why the concept of "try to please everyone and you please no one" has anything to do with establishing laws or changing the world.
What I am talking about is that it is basically impossible for Kevin to make everyone happy. Some folks want Kevin to have the game at every show possible, so they can touch it and feel it, others, like you, want him to produce a video, others want him to just focus on production, others want him to fix the plastics, etc. There is only so much time in a day and he can't do every thing everyone wants (and make them happy), nor should he try.
At the end of the day if 80% of the folks are happy, he has probably done a great job. And the other 20%, well, they can go . . .

It was more of a joke but I was pointing out that those of us who are on the list for this game would like a video, Kevin doesn't have to try and please everyone just make a video of gameplay showing the rules and flow so those of us who can't get to pinball shows can make an educated decision as to whether or not to make payment for production. What I can't figure out is why some pinsider's are defending Kevin's choice to keep us in the dark? If you have a valid reason for this let me know. Later

1 week later
#1453 4 years ago

Doesn't have to be a professionally shot video, an HD camcorder with some close ups and gameplay features would be just fine. I could do that on any of my pins in one hour with a 300 camera and have it posted so there is no excuse.

#1455 4 years ago

I'm also curious about this, I'm #119 is it a case of payment in full prior to the build?

#1498 4 years ago

Still have people defending the lack of a decent gameplay video, I don't understand.

#1499 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

We already saw those videos.
They looked terrible.
Have the sounds or rules changed from what they have been the last 3 years? They seem the same every time I've played it.
The only "new" thing would be to see the UV in actual gameplay, under glass, in the dark - and that is going to take a good camera to do it justice.

Please post the link please where there is some description of rules or modes, I don't care about the video quality I don't want shit quality but the important thing is seeing the game in action, if it's out there and I've missed then post it.

#1506 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Hard.
Everybody has an old camcorder in their house. take yours and your neighbor's and make a split screen spiderman video tonight. Remember you need a remote mic, an overhead camera rig along with a standard tripod.
Edit them onto a single frame, sync the sound and post the video.

R u and Kevin dating or something, I don't even need an overhead just a camcorder with the layout and rules explained in slightly greater detail than the nothing I know as of now. What the hell?

#1507 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

This is what Predator UV looks like in an amateur video camera - awful :
» YouTube video

No glass while filming makes a shit load of difference, at this point how about some nice slides with little arrows and a voice over explaining the game, could not care less about the UV.

#1535 4 years ago
Quoted from mrpostman:

Is this also hard to do? Spooky sold me on this game using this video.
» YouTube video

What the hell? I didn't even know this existed. I think this look's pretty good going to look into it.

#1636 4 years ago

I want this pin but I think we all would rather have a surprise announcement from Stern that the next pin after ST is Predator featuring both films as I love Predator 2. Predator LE would be awesome. Aliens vs Predator LE wow, But this is probably the only instance that any of us will get to own a Predator themed pin so I'm hanging in there for that alone.

#1715 4 years ago

Jesus Christ 100's of posts and every time I see new ones I think it's the video or some news but nothing, back and forth gibberish. Where is the f---ing video. DAMN

1 week later
#1831 4 years ago

Video???? What the hell.

9 months later
#1886 3 years ago

Anyone is free to comment but unless your in on the game why come to a predator thread outside of wanting to see the game or watch gameplay? I don't go to JPOP or TBL or WOOLY except for that reason and due to the fact that I'm not an investor or full paid pre-order I just don't care, thus the only reason to comment is either out of pure boredom or a desire to be a dickweed. No offense.

untitled.png
#1982 3 years ago

Scotch, like the drink but love the tape. Where's my god damn Predator pin? I know a fella who's in the first 5 to be made and he hasn't been contacted at all for an update regarding timeline or final payment/shipping plans. I really hope next bi weekly update states first games built and ready to go.
images.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 219.99
$ 139.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 27.99
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 53.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
Hardware
CPR Playfields
$ 25.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside