SingleMalts.jpg
head-in-sand.jpg
head-in-sand.jpg
crazy-5.jpg
sunglasses.gif
bush_mission_accomplished_uss_abraham_lincoln_reuters_img.jpg
untitled.png
happy-first-birthday.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigduke6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#879 10 years ago

Are we sure its still coming to the MGC? It's decision time for me also. I'm around #40 in production. I'm really hoping they have a great show down at the TFF.

#1017 10 years ago

I've read every post and all the reviews. I really haven't posted much because everything was hearsay. I'm build # 40 or so, and it seems it's really coming soon. I can't wait for the MGC to put hands on it in it's final state. I never thought when I signed up a year or two ago that this would be a Stern type machine with a theme that was super cool. I always knew it was being made by some kids in a basement. They didn't do a JJP and ask me to plop my money down on faith. Just put up $250 and go along for the ride. Has it all been roses and lolly pops? Nope. The playfield art was not what I was expecting. But now that the whole package is out it makes more sense to me. This isn't the Predator that I had the nuts to make. ( Which I don't. ) This is their Predator they envisioned and BUILT. In the last few post guys are talking about improvements Skit-b should make or they might mod up. I love that. How cool will it be to get a game that will be few and far between and make it even more unique. That may sound like a load of crap to some folks but I love modding pins to what I enjoy. ( I'm not a big seller so I do it for me, not the next guy.) I think in the end if it's not what you expected and it's not worth the money to you, pass. That dollar amount will buy you all kinds of pins. But if it does it for you and ends up in your collection, you've got something special as hell.

#1095 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Priority mail me one ready to wire in and I will take it to MGC!

I will cover the cost if you want to do this!

Great idea. You could temp it just to see the effect. Did I read that the arcade room is now in the big room where the venders were last year? I hope they keep the lighting down a bit.

1 week later
#1215 10 years ago

We'll one more review. I'm about number 40 or so in build Que... I got in a bunch of plays at the MGC. The first thing I'll say is, Predator is not a game you walk up to and immediately get into. As a matter of fact in that circumstance it would underwhelm you. I played with other folks who had no idea of the rule set. After a couple games, understanding the hunt mode buttons and letting the sound package come through, you get a feel of what it's going for. This is definitely a game for the home setting. It starts to get the blood pumping after you know the rule set. I would love to play it in a quiet setting. I think that would really help also. It left me wanting to play it again. As far as the UV, we had it in almost complete dark and it was non-existent. Sorry. The first thing being done will be replacing some LEDs. It's the one thing they should address prior to shipping.The gi is way off, way to stark. The flippers felt strong. The shots flowed well, once you found them. The game crashed once in the very beginning. After that I saw no problems and it was in constant rotation. After reading the less than stellar reviews from the last couple shows I guess I had lowered my expectations. After playing it multiple times I can say I was pleasantly surprised. This will be a cool game. But Maybe a better fit in a larger collection?

#1251 10 years ago

Whysnow, you've been in this conversation since the get go. It seems there has been a deluge recently of guys wanting wholesale changes in the game itself. We know that ship has sailed. After the Mgc, and talking to the guys, I think what you see is what you get. I lot of this recent conversation is wasted time. It is what it is. In or out. There are plenty people in line. If your money is better spent else where so be it.

10 months later
#1919 9 years ago

Every time I see 40 or more new posts on this thread I get excited, then............

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigduke6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-pinball-mission-complete?tu=bigduke6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.