head-in-sand.jpg
head-in-sand.jpg
crazy-5.jpg
sunglasses.gif
bush_mission_accomplished_uss_abraham_lincoln_reuters_img.jpg
untitled.png
happy-first-birthday.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 40.
#1701 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Why would it "not be true?"
I posted about it well over a month ago with my friend's who lives local to me (we both preordered Predator), we were told to be patient but people posting here, and others have posted now as well, I did not cancel, he did. The problem is you have to get to the bottom of this stuff before it is too late. I mean, I am not saying this is going to happen but if people don't get their deposits back, what are people actually going to do? Maybe it's only "$250" to some people like one person posted, others have paid in full...but legal work would cost a bit to deal with. I have seen people get ripped off in console collecting quite a bit and I have to say that ripping off pinball people would be much much easier because of the large scale money and everyone is too patient about people not coming through for ages.
You also have no email responses...I am not sure how they would magically refund people but not respond to emails as well. It's all encompassing right now for no customer service respsonses.

That's why I rest easy paying with a credit card. No stress...so If it's not gonna happen...I got citi on speed dial. The countdown has begun though. Worst rollout experience ever.

#1702 9 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Worst rollout experience ever.

Worse than the 3 year, paid in full, WOZ debacle?

#1703 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Worse than the 3 year, paid in full, WOZ debacle?

Not even close.

#1704 9 years ago

At least with woz there was always communication. Jack would answer the phone no issues.

#1705 9 years ago

Answer and say your next delivery will be next month .. Ish

#1706 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I'll give the project until mid summer then I will have to reassess my involvement based up to that point. Until then I remain unconcerned.

hope it doesnt take that long for people to start getting games... Aren't you one of the early ones too?

#1707 9 years ago

Drove by the Predator factory on Sunday . They must of had Mothers day off.

#1708 9 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

hope it doesnt take that long for people to start getting games... Aren't you one of the early ones too?

Me? Nah. I'm build #165, pin #190

#1709 9 years ago

My friend confirmed he does not have his refund back as of yet when he requested 6 weeks ago. Last thing he said to me was, "Do you really think that game is going to come out? They have 5 guys in a garage and they have to make 250 of the machines and the money had to be spent promoting, going to shows, hotel, gas, food, transport, etc."

Now, he has a point on this, and I usually come to understand that "no news" means the game is delayed and they are having troubles, but these aren't my words. Just trying to let you know exactly why he backed out.

#1710 9 years ago

The game will come out.

#1711 9 years ago

i wanted to check out some stuff on their website, but its not loading, anyone else have an issue?

#1712 9 years ago

Nope...loads fine for me.

#1713 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Nope...loads fine for me.

thanks, ill check my settings or something,

edit: ah. reloaded. worked ok.

#1714 9 years ago

Again, I wish the guys the best. I was hanging with some pinheads tonight and we all agreed we want to see this happen. The theme and what we've seen so far is considerable.

As of today, asked questions about the build on 4/18. Followed up on 5/2 letting them know that if going later in the production order is an option, I'd prefer it, otherwise send me my refund.

No response yet. Not trying to throw more wood on the fire but just saying what I'm seeing.

#1715 9 years ago

Jesus Christ 100's of posts and every time I see new ones I think it's the video or some news but nothing, back and forth gibberish. Where is the f---ing video. DAMN

#1716 9 years ago

This is Pinside, everything has to be done yesterday.

Remember on the Star Trek thread when they announced that Karl Urban was going to record some speech for the game? Within a week people were clamoring for the update, crying "how slow Stern always is", "how hard can it be to record speech ???", "I'm selling my game if it takes another week"......then we found out that Karl could not schedule his recording time for many MONTHS after the announcement.

LMFAO

#1717 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

everything has to be done yesterday.

People not getting a refund, after a month and a half of requesting one? Or is it the declaration for the first 40-50 people to pony up the funds before an actual 'complete' game video was released?

I'm paid in full, but when you are talking about a minimum of $100k combined stake, you don't get the excuse of being a small start-up company.

What should have been 'done yesterday' was a true gameplay video on a completed machine that they built; or at the very least, constant (read: weekly) updates as to what was going on with the company and their game.

#1718 9 years ago

JJP did not even have a prototype and people blindly put 9 million into the pot for 3 years.

WOZ is still killing light boards, people still have not received their games they paid in full 3 years ago, let alone taking the money for Hobbit when WOZ was not yet delivered, all the guys in Australia who got completely ripped off... .

This pre-order pinball stuff is not for the faint of heart,

#1719 9 years ago

Many people like we here in Europe have to arrange the shipment. I did ask for a short / easy confirmation with respect to the timeframe for our production, especially to have the prev. confirmed option to get them shipped as a bundle, but no reply. Talking here about 10 mashines, lot of money ... So just a few second of effort to email me would help us a lot and prevent us not getting nervous due to a total silence at that point in time is dangerous and will not help Kevin to keep all intersted client staying calm !!! I don't need a video, I want to have the Predators anyway ... but a short confirmation with ETA would help us. I can imagine that many confirmations are required from Kevin at that time but with a short update here on pinside he would be able to cool down the whole situation, many refunds due to total silence can stop the full process which would be a desaster for the whole community.

#1720 9 years ago

0.jpg0.jpg

#1721 9 years ago

Kevin said he'd have a better video 2 and a half months ago, said the first was a quick and dirty 5AM video don't even know why bother with that in the first place. But let's see what is taking months and no reply to people who want refunds and no reply on this thread? Seems like something is wrong with the game or he might have got a video out by now.

#1723 9 years ago

Kevin responded to my email sent about 3 weeks ago. We've known all along that emails aren't his strong suit. Anyway on the video he wrote today: "at this point a high-def video in a controlled
environment would probably do much more for you than an email ever
could.  The video is coming along, and I expect to post it sometime in
the next week or so"

Next week or so could be a week to infinity but it's somewhat of a timeline. He responded so I'm pretty happy about that and just think he is super swamped.

#1724 9 years ago

I think its time for a music break.....

#1725 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Kevin responded to my email sent about 3 weeks ago. We've known all along that emails aren't his strong suit. Anyway on the video he wrote today: "at this point a high-def video in a controlled
environment would probably do much more for you than an email ever
could.  The video is coming along, and I expect to post it sometime in
the next week or so"
Next week or so could be a week to infinity but it's somewhat of a timeline. He responded so I'm pretty happy about that and just think he is super swamped.

I don't get to tell my clients that I'm "super swamped" and just can't get back to you for several weeks. But then again, this is pinball where BS reigns in every aspect of it. Is it really that hard to provide a simple update a few times a week to the people that have at least already fully paid? I don't know maybe it is. Since production was on track to start in "early April" at least let people know wtf is going on. But then again, that's just me.

Yeah, I know, Jack Jr. here, btw if you watch the latest Jack presentation he says that to get the FCC and UL approvals it cost him 60k so that we can feel good about the fact that "our houses won't burn down by plugging it in"…

???

#1726 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't get to tell my clients that I'm "super swamped" and just can't get back to you for several weeks. But then again, this is pinball where BS reigns in every aspect of it. Is it really that hard to provide a simple update a few times a week to the people that have at least already fully paid? I don't know maybe it is. Since production was on track to start in "early April" at least let people know wtf is going on. But then again, that's just me.
Yeah, I know, Jack Jr. here, btw if you watch the latest Jack presentation he says that to get the FCC and UL approvals it cost him 60k so that we can feel good about the fact that "our houses won't burn down by plugging it in"…
???

Oh I get how you're feeling. I'm just happy he responded not happy about how long it took or the current state of affairs. It really doesn't take but 2 minutes to give us an update here and that doesn't mean Kevin needs to stay here for a couple hours and answer our questions. It could be as simple as "we are in the process of shooting a video and it will be released sometime next week, I'll log in next week when the video is released and answer questions about the current payment situation and expected build time and release. Thanks for your patience"

That took me about 30 seconds. Not so hard.

#1727 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

It could be as simple as "we are in the process of shooting a video and it will be released sometime next week, I'll log in next week when the video is released and answer questions about the current payment situation and expected build time and release. Thanks for your patience"

That took me about 30 seconds. Not so hard.

See, you are already making everybody feel better, oh wait, you aren't Kevin….

#1728 9 years ago

I heard from Kevin today. He said that my production number is 91, and I shouldn't have received the deposit email, and he's looking into why that happened.

So, apparently I'm still in.

Frankly, this comes as a tremendous relief and re-injects some of my excitement about the project.

As previously mentioned, I'm really gunning for these guys. Guess we'll see what the next chapter unfolds...

#1729 9 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

I heard from Kevin today. ...

Sounds good. Expecting the same soon.

#1730 9 years ago

I received an apology for the delay and my $250 refund from Kevin early this morning.

I'm officially out, but pulling for the Skit-B team and everyone else with a horse in this race.

#1731 9 years ago

Received machine number allocation and deposit payment confirmation from Skit-B today.

Thanks Kevin for the opportunity.

#1732 9 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I received an apology for the delay and my $250 refund from Kevin early this morning.
I'm officially out, but pulling for the Skit-B team and everyone else with a horse in this race.

Good news for you and someone on the wait list!!

#1735 9 years ago

Thanks for the insight..just picked it up!

#1736 9 years ago

Ordered....plus AVP2...

#1737 9 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Received machine number allocation and deposit payment confirmation from Skit-B today.
Thanks Kevin for the opportunity.

When did you get on the wait list for a machine?

#1738 9 years ago

On the jjp owners group I asked Jack as a joke if they would be manufacturing predator after the hole sterns MMR thing. Jack responded if they ask for help he would help them. How cool would it be if skit b pinball machined were manufactured by jjp?

#1739 9 years ago

Stop giving me things to shop for!

My husband has already expanded from decorating for Predator to collecting Alien stuff now, to the point that I'm afraid our housesitter won't be staying for us anymore past Christmas when he gets his Big Chap Alien bust. He's already got the numbered art poster hanging in the theater, as apparently he had to fill up empty space from moving the Dr Who prints to the themed bathroom. (Just like I have to find another pinball machine because technically I have room for 1 more. Sigh. The "problems" we have...)

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/alien-alien-big-chap-sideshow-collectibles-2002331/

(The 2 white squares are reflections from the lights above. It's black with metallic print.)

image-3.jpgimage-3.jpg

#1740 9 years ago

Love the poster - where did you get it?

#1741 9 years ago

He got it off eBay. He came across it by mistake because the artist also does the artwork for the Archer series posters, and the run sold out the day it was released so you have to buy them secondhand. I'll see if I can get more info and add it here.

Artist is Martin Ansin, apparently of Mondo. Only 450 made.

#1742 9 years ago

Dark Horse released a cool Aliens Portfolio by Mark A. Nelson back in 1989 with 7 plates and a mini-comic.

Brad

aliens_portfolio.jpgaliens_portfolio.jpg

#1743 9 years ago
Quoted from bigduke13:

Love the poster - where did you get it?

That poster is a limited edition print by Mondo. I forget the edition off the top of my head, maybe 250. Mine is still sitting in the shipping tube, I haven't even cracked it open yet, really need to do that. Generally Mondo prints can be found on eBay, people get in on the limited buying window (usually sell out within 5 minutes) and flip them, for better or for worse. IIRC the original price was around $50 or something, expect to pay twice that probably.

If you're into it there's a matching Prometheus print, I didn't care enough about it to get the matched set.

Edit: Here's one for $84, not too bad ebay.com link: Alien MONDO POSTER REGULAR By Martin Ansin Ridley Scott

#1744 9 years ago

Awesome - thanks for the info and links!

#1745 9 years ago
Quoted from bigduke13:

Awesome - thanks for the info and links!

No problem, I have a handful of Mondo prints, but they're sadly all sitting in shipping tubes, I really need to get them framed and up. Alien, Forbidden Planet, Evil Dead Army of Darkness, and a LOTR Witch King, would be nice to get them all in a row in my office.

#1746 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

He came across it by mistake because the artist also does the artwork for the Archer series posters,

Oh man, I love Archer.

Now there's a pinball machine I'd be all over....

#1747 9 years ago

That's #1 on our wish list. Was hoping it was Skit-B #2, but sadly it sounds like it will not be. Now I just need to figure out how to build my own...
We're already working on potential sound clips. It doesn't help that our normal talk to each other includes "Yuuuuuuup," "Nooooooooooope," the 3 name yelling/what!/Danger Zone combo, and "Do you not?"

#1748 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Alien, Forbidden Planet,

Let's see the Forbidden Planet.....

#1750 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

It doesn't help that our normal talk to each other includes "Yuuuuuuup," "Nooooooooooope," the 3 name yelling/what!/Danger Zone combo, and "Do you not?"

Oh gosh, that sounds like our household!

Me:
julie...
JULIE...
JUUUUULLLLLLIEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Her: What!???!??!

Me: (whispering): "Danger zooooone!"

There are 1,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 40.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-pinball-mission-complete/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.