head-in-sand.jpg
head-in-sand.jpg
crazy-5.jpg
sunglasses.gif
bush_mission_accomplished_uss_abraham_lincoln_reuters_img.jpg
untitled.png
happy-first-birthday.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 40.
#1601 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I thought Allentown was unknown if Kevin is going to be there.

Quoted from rai:

Greatly disappointed not to see the game at Allentown.

Quoted from rai:

Not going to Allentown is bad,

Quoted from rai:

I had though and hoped to see it at Allentown

Rai is waiting here in Allentown
For the Predator he never found
For the promises Skip-b never gave
For a video that's still being made
And he's waiting here in Allentown

#1602 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

» YouTube video

Catchy tune

#1603 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

» YouTube video

OMFG, classic.

#1604 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I've had that damn song stuck in my head since I watched the video. Very catchy!

#1605 9 years ago

Dang that song is also stuck in my head too!

#1606 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

» YouTube video

Here's hoping Rai responds in kind and this leads to a Billy Joel themed forum battle.

#1607 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Here's hoping Rai responds in kind and this leads to a Billy Joel themed forum battle.

"Shoot us that video Predator man....."

#1608 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

That was a great reply.

I will say the only thing I would expect to have changed at Allentown would have been me or other prospective owners who could have played the game, this was my chance to play and Kevin's chance to showcase the game to an audience of potentially 50 million people within driving distance.

I could have formed an opinion and given another review to prospective buyers.

#1609 9 years ago

I think it took Ted less time to film his masterpiece 'Deadly Spawn' than it has taken to get a simple gameplay video made since this thread started with 'mission complete'.

#1610 9 years ago

Deadly Spawn 7.jpgDeadly Spawn 7.jpg
#1611 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

ame to an audience of potentially 50 million people within driving distance

Lol, They would all have come ...

#1612 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Kevin's chance to showcase the game to an audience of potentially 50 million people within driving distance.

So everyone who then said they wanted one could be told "sorry dude, they are sold out, I can add you to the wait list".

While I understand those in the east, who are in on this, wanting a chance to see it live, at this point I don't see how there was much upside for Kevin, drop close to a $800 to $1,000 to be there, and to lose the time working on the machine and the "item that shall not be mentioned"

#1613 9 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

at this point I don't see how there was much upside for Kevin, drop close to a $800 to $1,000 to be there

Way more than $1,000:

Ship game round trip $850
Booth rental $165
4 days hotel $340
Car rental $200
Airfare $450
Food $200
Time taken off work: $1300
=======================
At least $3500

#1614 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Way more than $1,000:

My number was lower since assume he would drive, which is a lot cheaper (no rental car, no shipping, no airfare, but you have gas and an extra hotel stay) and less risk of the machine getting damaged.

Regardless, it would be a lot of money for little benefit.

#1615 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Thanks for posting. I'll go out on a limb that I hope I'm proven dead wrong on.
They are having problems with the UV. In this video the UV is not viewable at all until the split screen which shows a reflection of the black light wand being used, but during gameplay can't see. I can see the glow balls reacting but nothing on the play field. If Kev is working on that still - and that's the delay - that's cool. No replies to email asking for extension until confirmation UV works in normal lighting situations has me worried - but still hoping.

I think they may be having issues getting the UV effect properly captured on film, but, per Kevin the UV works in the intended environment. I don't think that the UV was ever intended to be seen in a decently lit room. From the way Kevin has talked about it, it seems Skit-B wants the dramatic change from a fully lit pinball machine to one only lit by black light. They just don't want some UV painted areas to appear, but for the entire game to seem to change when hunt mode is triggered. If the UV is one of the most important components for you and you do not have a room to put it in that can be blacked out, then the UV effect will be a disappointment to you.

RFM has a mode called Hypnobeam in which all the lights are out and all you have is the video going. The intended effect of this mode is severely lessened if you are in a room with normal lighting as you can still see the balls.

The video they ultimately give us (whenever that happens to be) will very likely not show the UV in normal lighting, but will show it in lighting in which it is intended to work. We did get confirmation from Jetzxi that the UV does work in a dark room. I don't think you will see it working under normal lighting conditions.

#1616 9 years ago
Quoted from Wahchintonka:

RFM has a mode called Hypnobeam in which all the lights are out and all you have is the video going. The intended effect of this mode is severely lessened if you are in a room with normal lighting as you can still see the balls.

Yep, same thing with Strobe Multiball in AFM.

It only works as intended in a very dark room.

#1617 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think it took Ted less time to film his masterpiece 'Deadly Spawn' than it has taken to get a simple gameplay video made since this thread started with 'mission complete'.

It's obviously because deadly spawn are real (and evidently deadly) so are just like working with real actors, and Predator's are computer generated aliens made by smart gamers employed by the film industry, so are naturally difficult to manipulate and to capture on film. That's the only reason we haven't seen a video of Predator yet, right Kevin?

#1618 9 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

vid1900 said:

Way more than $1,000:

My number was lower since assume he would drive, which is a lot cheaper (no rental car, no shipping, no airfare, but you have gas and an extra hotel stay) and less risk of the machine getting damaged.

Regardless, it would be a lot of money for little benefit.

If you knew what they drove you'd reverse that logic. Be way cheaper for them to fly in.

#1619 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

It's obviously because deadly spawn are real

Yeah!

#1620 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Here are some examples recently shot in 2014, none unfortunately can see the UV Predator. In lieu of nothing else thought this collection of videos may help some. Sorry Stanley Kubrick fans. Something for the time being.

Damn, that last video. Let that ball dead drop man!

#1621 9 years ago

RE UV paint.

Could it be painted on a polycarbonate playfield protector so that way the paint is on the top of the clear coat and directly receives the UV light? I know it would be an added cost but it would obviously also protect the playfield. Could be a solution?

#1622 9 years ago

UV paint works under clearcoat, just look at all the AFMs out there that have been cleared and still glow.

#1623 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

UV paint works under clearcoat, just look at all the AFMs out there that have been cleared and still glow.

Maybe the invisible ink is different?

#1624 9 years ago

it is

#1625 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Maybe the invisible ink is different?

Some of the ink in AFM is invisible, like the highlights in the man/broad's hair.

#1626 9 years ago

UV spotlights, inbound?

#1628 9 years ago

132824040286.jpg132824040286.jpg

#1629 9 years ago

This is such a sad release. I work in marketing for some of the top brands in this world and this game release is EXACTLY how not to do it. They hyped at the beginning. Got legions of fans on board. We're 100% transparent for so many months. Then, when the time came to deliver. They hid. They disappeared. They back peddled. I'm sorry, but for those ready to shell out $5,000, they deserve a video of what they are getting. Where is that video? Nowhere.

All these claims about how it works in the right condition? Come on. Show the game on planet earth. Do we have to fly it into a black hole to see the UV feature? Or just say it doesn't work. Skit B shouldn't have made a game based on such a beloved franchise unless they knew what they were doing. I'm going to say it. Shame on the movie studio for allowing these guys to take PREDATOR and make a game that doesn't live up to the classic that the movie is. And for those who want to disagree...what say you?

Since day 1, this game has been nothing but a justified excuse to own it. If they were making 5,000 units of this game, as is...nobody would own. It's only being bought due to rarity...not because it's a good game. Anyone disagree?

Sorry for the strident remarks, but I have 2 friends being asked to pony up money and all they asked Skit B for was a video of it, and they've gotten no response. That's just wrong. Flat out wrong.

#1630 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Since day 1, this game has been nothing but a justified excuse to own it. If they were making 5,000 units of this game, as is...nobody would own. It's only being bought due to rarity...not because it's a good game. Anyone disagree?

#1631 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

This is such a sad release. I work in marketing for some of the top brands in this world and this game release is EXACTLY how not to do it. They hyped at the beginning. Got legions of fans on board. We're 100% transparent for so many months. Then, when the time came to deliver. They hid. They disappeared. They back peddled. I'm sorry, but for those ready to shell out $5,000, they deserve a video of what they are getting. Where is that video? Nowhere.
All these claims about how it works in the right condition? Come on. Show the game on planet earth. Do we have to fly it into a black hole to see the UV feature? Or just say it doesn't work. Skit B shouldn't have made a game based on such a beloved franchise unless they knew what they were doing. I'm going to say it. Shame on the movie studio for allowing these guys to take Predator and make a game that doesn't live up to the classic that the movie is. And for those who want to disagree...what say you?
Sorry for the strident remarks, but I have 2 friends being asked to pony up money and all they asked Skit B for was a video of it, and they've gotten no response. That's just wrong. Flat out wrong.

Little harsh…..I don't totally disagree…but harsh. Tell your friends not to pay then?

#1632 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

All these claims about how it works in the right condition? Come on. Show the game on planet earth. Do we have to fly it into a black hole to see the UV feature? Or just say it doesn't work. Skit B shouldn't have made a game based on such a beloved franchise unless they knew what they were doing. I'm going to say it. Shame on the movie studio for allowing these guys to take Predator and make a game that doesn't live up to the classic that the movie is. And for those who want to disagree...what say you?

Balls of steel my friend. Balls of steel in this community. I applaud and concur with a lot but not all you stated. I guess that beatings will ensue until morale improves. Prepare for the proverbial beat down. Brace yourself. I for one will remain still and refrain from personal judgment until I see the final video unveiling......Wait for it....wait for it.........zzzzzzzz

#1633 9 years ago

I don't think going to 4-5 expos, showing off the machine, and answering questions via an interview is the definition of "hiding." I don't think they've disappeared. I think Kevin is in over his head with one major person in the team gone and trying to get production started while also going to shows (and even getting ragged on for not going to shows that he never said he'd be at) while also working a full time job. He's never been quick to reply to emails, and definitely needs a business-minded person to answer emails, field questions, do PR work, etc, but I don't think he's out to screw everyone over. He wouldn't have my $ if I thought that.

You, however, have come on here begging for a machine to the point of starting a thread trying to throw money at getting one, and then turned all sour grapes when you either couldn't afford one or couldn't quickly have one. I work in marketing too. I have a pretty good grasp of supply/demand, right/wrong, and the real world. Yes, things could be better and there should have been a video before the half payment was asked for. But to say that the only reason people are buying it is because it is rare is idiotic. People have played it, say it is fun, say it looks good, say the UV works in person, say the sound is great, etc. Obviously you haven't been reading the same posts as me, and just show up occasionally to sling some mud.

#1634 9 years ago

As always...The Voice Of Reason...

#1635 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Then, when the time came to deliver. They hid.

Even before it was a one man show, it took many weeks to get an email answered, many weeks between posts on Pinside. There's not going to be any faster response times nowadays.

Everyone I know of who has played the game AND understands the rules, thinks it's fun.

Wait for the video editing to be finished, or do nothing. Be still. Sleep. Rest in the arms of the Dragon. Dream.

#1636 9 years ago

I want this pin but I think we all would rather have a surprise announcement from Stern that the next pin after ST is Predator featuring both films as I love Predator 2. Predator LE would be awesome. Aliens vs Predator LE wow, But this is probably the only instance that any of us will get to own a Predator themed pin so I'm hanging in there for that alone.

#1637 9 years ago

Try some perspective for crying out loud Kaneda! Of all people

I work in the "real world" and have to use my common sense every day. If people can't see this for what it is and can't appreciate the big picture with this pin then there is no hope for you. Somebody mentioned this has become the pin side kindergarten whiners club. Yep

#1638 9 years ago

Not even worth addressing.

Post edited by sammiesguys: Not even worth addressing

#1639 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

All these claims about how it works in the right condition? Come on. Show the game on planet earth. Do we have to fly it into a black hole to see the UV feature? Or just say it doesn't work.

If you tried to play Predator in a black hole the gravitational forces would rip you and the machine apart, wasting $5,000.

And hasn't anyone told you, that we aren't actually on planet Earth, but on planet Fhloston and we are all meat popsicles.

#1640 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Somebody mentioned this has become the pin side kindergarten whiners club.

That is very offensive to kindergarteners.

#1641 9 years ago
Quoted from Wahchintonka:

If you tried to play Predator in a black hole the gravitational forces would rip you and the machine apart, wasting $5,000.

...and a valuable pinsider.

#1642 9 years ago

To see the gradual deterioration of expectations, and the psychology of it all, has really fascinated me so far.

#1643 9 years ago

Seriously which two friends is Kaneda carrying this flag for??

#1644 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Seriously which two friends is Kaneda carrying this flag for??

lol

#1645 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I don't think going to 4-5 expos, showing off the machine, and answering questions via an interview is the definition of "hiding." I don't think they've disappeared. I think Kevin is in over his head with one major person in the team gone and trying to get production started while also going to shows (and even getting ragged on for not going to shows that he never said he'd be at) while also working a full time job. He's never been quick to reply to emails, and definitely needs a business-minded person to answer emails, field questions, do PR work, etc, but I don't think he's out to screw everyone over. He wouldn't have my $ if I thought that.
You, however, have come on here begging for a machine to the point of starting a thread trying to throw money at getting one, and then turned all sour grapes when you either couldn't afford one or couldn't quickly have one. I work in marketing too. I have a pretty good grasp of supply/demand, right/wrong, and the real world. Yes, things could be better and there should have been a video before the half payment was asked for. But to say that the only reason people are buying it is because it is rare is idiotic. People have played it, say it is fun, say it looks good, say the UV works in person, say the sound is great, etc. Obviously you haven't been reading the same posts as me, and just show up occasionally to sling some mud.

Blondetall, Wow. Just wow.

Well said, better than I could have responded to him, not like I wanted to. You and the Dude are fantastic.

Timing and responses are perfect as usual. image-277.jpgimage-277.jpg

#1646 9 years ago

I thought Kaneda was requested by mods to no longer comment in predator threads? Where is the ban hammer when we need it. Getting really tired of this guys schtick.

#1647 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I thought Kaneda was requested by mods to no longer comment in Predator threads? Where is the ban hammer when we need it. Getting really tired of this guys schtick.

Unfortunately, if he didn't make comments, this thread would not nearly be as full, nor entertaining to read! Don't ban him....I like to read his comments!

#1648 9 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Unfortunately, if he didn't make comments, this thread would not nearly be as full, nor entertaining to read! Don't ban him....I like to read his comments!

I've written that exact same sentiment about HoP a couple of different times. Wait, you folks ever notice how Clark's never in the office when Superman is saving Metropolis? It's almost as if... you don't think...

Nah. Couldn't be. Clark wears glasses.

#1649 9 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Nah. Couldn't be. Clark wears glasses.

Yes, but are they "real" glasses? Makes you go hmmm .....

#1650 9 years ago

I do believe we have Govt workers in/on Pinside . Professional yes men/women and a bunch of kiss asses . I liked his comments and I have not been to one of them shows and have only been able to gauge the layout and feel through this thread and vids/pics in here.. Then a Video from a show where Kevin Stated they would be shipping after april 7th was released , . well we passed that point and still no video, yes this sucks and I am only lucky to be 190 something in the order so I can only hope that once someone actually gets the Produced shipped game we all will be out of the Dark black hole of this Predator pin once an owner's video is released ..
Will the u/v work or not is not even as big a deal to me as all of you . Sure it is a nice feature and will not effect gameplay and yes I know that it has blood to show you where to shoot during hunt mode . blood or not I think we all know where to shoot after a week of owning the game .
Has anyone gotten delivery yet ? That is a great question . and how is the damn game? all this other white noise is just noise ..
After playing great Stern pro's MET and ST I can say that 4600-5k on them is worth every penny as opposed to paying it for a game I have no time on and no video of it in it's completed shipping status makes me want to step aside for those hoping to get on board /

There are 1,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 40.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-pinball-mission-complete/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.