head-in-sand.jpg
head-in-sand.jpg
crazy-5.jpg
sunglasses.gif
bush_mission_accomplished_uss_abraham_lincoln_reuters_img.jpg
untitled.png
happy-first-birthday.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 40.
#101 10 years ago

So really the only thing that I am looking forward to at this point is a reconfirmation that production is still on track for first games to go out April 6th and the rest to go out at a steady pace after that.

My only concern is that I need to plan ahead to have all the $$$ ready when I get the call.

#102 10 years ago

The good: Sound, lights, cabinet & trim, artwork, best license since LOTR & Tron, price, rarity

The unknown: Gameplay, rules, fun factor, feel, flow, last-ability

I am REALLY hoping that it plays as good as it looks. I honestly have no clue. Never seen or touched one.

Homework for TPF attendees: Please play the crap out of it and let us know! Videos, details, reviews!

#103 10 years ago

Honestly, I've been on the list for almost 2 years now and I just recently spent most of my Pred budget on another game. My confidence was waning somewhat. Production is a whole different hurdle and I'll be interested to see when my build actually comes up. I'm going to play this every chance I get at Louisville and try to determine if the game is worth thinning the herd for. Having said that, I think the game looks and sounds awesome. It has the potential to be a great player, as well. I like the theme and I like unique games, so I'm still excited about the idea of getting one.

Brian

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Whoa!! ....yeah...I forgot! (and after all Blondetall's hard work!) #55Prod #90

Blondetall gave up after some point. Too many changes.

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

guy above expected first game to ship in a month or so.

Well they have said they expect to start production April 7th I believe, thats a little over a month away, that's what I was referring to, whether or not that date sticks is another issue, either way im not too worried about it.

#106 10 years ago

#112... Build #? Somewhere close to the very end.

#107 10 years ago

Looks awesome! Can't wait to play it.

#108 10 years ago

#91 (wedding year!)
Prod... was #166 or something in that range, but that was a long time ago... hope I was not promoted to #11 or so because I need to find the remaining $ in the meantime!

#109 10 years ago

Man, I just sold a pin to make funds available for MMRLE, now it's time to raise a little more scratch. Not sure if I love or hate this hobby, lol

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I just checked my production number is 197
but production order is 143 (I think this is the build order)

You are correct. Production Order is the most important.
My Production Number (i.e. Machine Number) is 127.
My Production Order started at 207. Skit-B moved it to 176 in August 2013.

If 20 games can be built each month beginning in April 2014, mine would be built in the 9th month of production, which would be December 2014, And I'm fine with that timeline. (NOTE: I pulled 20 games out of thin air. The real number produced per months can only be provided by Skit-B)

1st Month -- April 2014 -- Machines 1 - 20
2nd Month -- May 2014 -- Machines 21 - 40
3rd Month -- June 2014 -- Machines 41 - 60
4th Month -- July 2014 -- Machines 61 - 80
5th Month -- August 2014 -- Machines 81 - 100
6th Month -- September 2014 -- Machines 101 - 120
7th Month -- October 2014 -- Machines 121 - 140
8th Month -- November 2014 -- Machines 141 - 160
9th Month -- December 2014 -- Machines 161 - 180
10th Month -- January 2015 -- Machines 181 - 200
11th Month -- February 2015 -- Machines 201 - 220
12th Month -- March 2015 -- Machines 221 - 240
13th Month -- April 2015 -- Machines 241 - 250

Marcus

#111 10 years ago

I'm #142 (my birthday/day of the year). Production number last I recall I was down in the 60's. That means it could be a great summer for me.

#112 10 years ago

Ever thought of selling them as kits and allowing purchasers to assemble themselves?

Might be able to increase sales...

- Mike

#113 10 years ago

Wow! I'm blown away guys! Just shit my pants at work. Calling it a day and headed home! Can't wait for production to begin!!! fantastic job!!!!

#114 10 years ago

Woo Hoo! I can't wait to get mine. I also agree about seeing more video of play with the lights on and the UV lighting mode. Great Job guys!

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from Mtpacifico:

Ever thought of selling them as kits and allowing purchasers to assemble themselves?
- Mike

not sure what you mean about "might be able to increase sales" they are sold out. Can't increase more than sold out.

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

Woo Hoo! I can't wait to get mine. I also agree about seeing more video of play with the lights on and the UV lighting mode. Great Job guys!

I'm thinking the dark play was to show the UV mode, maybe I'm wrong. I think the camera just does a peri LE job of picking it up. Not sure what the point. Would be otherwise, hope I'm wrong.

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

If 20 games can be built each month beginning in April 2014, mine would be built in the 9th month of production, which would be December 2014, And I'm fine with that timeline. (NOTE: I pulled 20 games out of thin air. The real number produced per months can only be provided by Skit-B)

In the old massive post, about 2 months ago they said their target production was about 10 per week.

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from Mtpacifico:

- Mike

these have been sold out for a long time and I think the wait list is pretty long?

#119 10 years ago

I thought he might be talking about the side Skull/Spine Topper Thingy.

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Wow! I'm blown away guys! Just shit my pants at work.

Pix or it didn't happen....

#121 10 years ago

Machine # 229
Build # 232

Near the end of the line but don't care. Looking forward to receiving it when it's time. Hell, I've waited quite some time for WOZ to arrive and still don't have that one.

#122 10 years ago

The production amount is what, 250? Not sure what the reason behind that number was (wanting to maintain a modest and reachable goal, available initial capital, etc), but if they prospect of assembling 250+ is something the company wouldn't be interested in then perhaps offering a kit option would allow them to surpass that initial 250 production run.

Just throwing out ideas to get more pins in collectors hands.

- Mike

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from Mtpacifico:

The production amount is what, 250?

I believe Kevin said that was the amount designated by the License Holder, 20th Century Fox. I could be wrong but I seem to remember it that way.

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

You are correct. Production Order is the most important.
My Production Number (i.e. Machine Number) is 127.
My Production Order started at 207. Skit-B moved it to 176 in August 2013.

1st Month -- April 2014 -- Machines 1 - 20
2nd Month -- May 2014 -- Machines 21 - 40
3rd Month -- June 2014 -- Machines 41 - 60
4th Month -- July 2014 -- Machines 61 - 80
5th Month -- August 2014 -- Machines 81 - 100
6th Month -- September 2014 -- Machines 101 - 120
7th Month -- October 2014 -- Machines 121 - 140
8th Month -- November 2014 -- Machines 141 - 160
9th Month -- December 2014 -- Machines 161 - 180
10th Month -- January 2015 -- Machines 181 - 200
11th Month -- February 2015 -- Machines 201 - 220
12th Month -- March 2015 -- Machines 221 - 240
13th Month -- April 2015 -- Machines 241 - 250

Marcus

My brief discussion with Kevin about this is that they estimate it to be a bit quicker than that. I have faith they will get through them all by the end of the year if they indeed start in April.

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from Mtpacifico:

The production amount is what, 250? Not sure what the reason behind that number was (wanting to maintain a modest and reachable goal, available initial capital, etc), but if they prospect of assembling 250+ is something the company wouldn't be interested in then perhaps offering a kit option would allow them to surpass that initial 250 production run.
- Mike

Beat. To. Death. Raised from the dead. Then, beat. Back. To. Death. Four. More. Times.

Let's not rehash in this thread the 1000s of posts from the last two.

Deal?

JLM was production order #166, I was #161. I remember because my machine number is 166 and we joked about swapping. I'm guessing we're up in the low 100s?

EDIT: I'm not sure I'm digging the new location for Hopper. I guess it's a fix for ramp concerns, but since I never really shared those, I'm a little bummed. Anyone else?

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Pix or it didn't happen....

Are you saying that there better be actual poop in his actual pants?

#127 10 years ago

Kevin, I'm SOOOOO embarrassed you used one of my posts at the beginning

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from Mtpacifico:

- Mike

it is LIMITED to 250. Period. End of story. Get on the wait list if you are interested. There are NO kits and thankfully they will all be built by a trained team.

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Beat. To. Death. Raised from the dead. Then, beat. Back. To. Death. Four. More. Times.
Let's not rehash in this thread the 1000s of posts from the last two.
Deal?

Sorry, didn't know there was a long, drawn-out history on the production run topic.

- Mike

#130 10 years ago

I've been digesting this video. Thoughts, questions?

1) As before, not sure I'm loving Hopper stuck in the back. Seems like kind of an after thought, as in, "We couldn't make this work where we wanted it as designed, but were pot committed, so we stapled him out back." Not a deal breaker, but I'd find discussion of the decision interesting.

2) Is the darkness of the center playfield during lit play a video artifact or lack of spots. I've become hyper aware of this because of my time on Oz.

3) The center stand ups are now standard circles, not the big chunkies. Any reason? To let the light through behind them under the plastic?

4) Am I crazy or is there an extra hole in the bottom right of the plastic covering the claw?

5) The GI on the return lanes is so awfully damn bright. I have ultra sensitive eyes. Any chance of post production jungle plastics or something? I was thinking back lit Predator script on them, you know like the red self destruct countdown or something, might be cool and save me a migraine or two!

6) Under the playfield looks like a clean layout with lots of space. Looks like a nice machine for someone like me who still has training wheels on when it comes to maintenance.

Looks really sweet. Regardless of longevity issues, seems like those glow balls are just way too perfect for this machine to not be auto buy. Kevin, how have yours' held up? Are they "recommended" or are you shipping the machine with them?

Finally, congratulations guys. You should be proud of your accomplishment!

#131 10 years ago

Watching the video is seems there is very little flow. I think I only saw one ramp shot made. Hope this is just a case of very poor play during this particular video shot. I hope I am very wrong.

#132 10 years ago

Hey Kevin,

I know the glo balls have to be charged by a light source. If these do ship with the game, or even if they do not and are a mod for someone later, will there be a light source to charge the balls before gameplay within the ball trough or near the ball trough? I am guessing not but wanted to ask.

Please let us all know.

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

2) Is the darkness of the center playfield during lit play a video artifact or lack of spots. I've become hyper aware of this because of my time on Oz.

I've had to add spotlights to my judge dredd and johnny mnemonic and used to seeing them on Stern machines, so when I get the game, I'll add spots if I think it's too dark. Nothing $10 and a little time won't fix.

Quoted from navajas:

3) The center stand ups are now standard circles, not the big chunkies. Any reason? To let the light through behind them under the plastic?

THe ball was repeatedly getting stuck between these at expo in October - interested to see their "fix" for this. WHen the ball lodged in there, it was required to take the glass off - no shaking it loose.

I vote for globalls, too, but since they aren't available yet I bet they don't come with it. I have a set of green and they are kinda "soft". I think in a fast game with a lot of metal they would become out of round pretty soon. Hopefully the designers are working on a version 2.0 that last better.

#134 10 years ago

From the video it looks like they had a shaker motor installed. Guess they were testing it and Kevin added some effects for the shaker in the code if you have one installed?

#135 10 years ago

I liked the intro of video, but the actual game play video was a terrible, I can't think that anyone thinks that's an acceptable gameplay video.

No shots made, no scoop or diverters made. Basically nothing but a dark video which I could make little to nothing out of.

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Machine # 229
Build # 232
Near the end of the line but don't care. Looking forward to receiving it when it's time. Hell, I've waited quite some time for WOZ to arrive and still don't have that one.

I'll road trip for an unboxing. Just lmk.

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I liked the intro of video, but the actual game play video was a terrible, I can't think that anyone thinks that's an acceptable gameplay video.
No shots made, no scoop or diverters made. Basically nothing but a dark video which I could make little to nothing out of.

Some good observations...

#138 10 years ago

Well done Kevin!
Now hurry up and finish building game #2 so you can start working on mine

#139 10 years ago

Thanks for the update, Kevin. Looks great. Hoping to see you guys in Allentown.

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

From the video it looks like they had a shaker motor installed. Guess they were testing it and Kevin added some effects for the shaker in the code if you have one installed?

so it does not come with a shaker?

#141 10 years ago

I agree it sure would be cool if we could get some footage of live gameplay. Have you all finalized the pricing on these yet Kevin?

This would be the first pin and perhaps the last I have not played before purchasing. I just thought the whole project has been so cool. There seems to of been much more of an emphasis put on code for this pin before release then probably any other pin coming out these days. I know not everyone is going to love it but I sure hope I do! I'm gonna see if joeraptor2003 may be able to come up with some ramp decals for us Predator owners out here. Can't wait to get the party started!!!
Predator.pngPredator.png

#142 10 years ago

Excellent work.

Can we hope to see a playable version at california extreme in July 2014?

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I'll road trip for an unboxing. Just lmk.

You're on. As many times as I've been to your house, it's definitely my time to host.

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

so it does not come with a shaker?

No. It's just set up to support one.

#145 10 years ago

Damn, guess it has been too late to get in on this for a while huh.

#146 10 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

Looks great!!!!When i get mine, you are welcome to come by and have at it

Thanks very much. And see your TFTC as well. I really feel this game is going to be great and remind me of the 90's era of pinball.

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I've been digesting this video. Thoughts, questions?
1) As before, not sure I'm loving Hopper stuck in the back. Seems like kind of an after thought, as in, "We couldn't make this work where we wanted it as designed, but were pot committed, so we stapled him out back." Not a deal breaker, but I'd find discussion of the decision interesting.
4) Am I crazy or is there an extra hole in the bottom right of the plastic covering the claw?
5) The GI on the return lanes is so awfully damn bright. I have ultra sensitive eyes. Any chance of post production jungle plastics or something? I was thinking back lit Predator script on them, you know like the red self destruct countdown or something, might be cool and save me a migraine or two!
6) Under the playfield looks like a clean layout with lots of space. Looks like a nice machine for someone like me who still has training wheels on when it comes to maintenance.
Looks really sweet. Regardless of longevity issues, seems like those glow balls are just way too perfect for this machine to not be auto buy. Kevin, how have yours' held up? Are they "recommended" or are you shipping the machine with them?
Finally, congratulations guys. You should be proud of your accomplishment!

Honestly, I agree 100% with everything you said. I'm really disappointed with where the body was placed, seems like such an afterthought. No plastic covers over the outlanes just makes it look unfinished to me, as well as blinding.

I also thought you guys had worked out something for the ramps so that the ball doesn't bounceback before exit? These ramp exits still have bounce back, and on top of that, no rubber stopper, which just seems like the ramp will be prone to cracking at the exits. I hope I'm wrong about this, but that's how it looks to me.

#148 10 years ago

Looks Great!!!!

#149 10 years ago

I'm not getting one of these but would it be an idea to make some kind of a curtain like you find surrounding the "adult" (violent) games in an arcade? That way the UV/dark modes wouldn't be wasted in a brightly-lit area.

That's assuming any of them make their way into a location in the first place... which is already doubtful!

#150 10 years ago

A couple months ago I was working at one of our campuses in a network room right outside the bio lab. Lots of cool stuff in there.

baby.jpgbaby.jpg

There are 1,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 40.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-pinball-mission-complete/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.