head-in-sand.jpg
head-in-sand.jpg
crazy-5.jpg
sunglasses.gif
bush_mission_accomplished_uss_abraham_lincoln_reuters_img.jpg
untitled.png
happy-first-birthday.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 40.
#701 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I wasn't sure how big it was from the pics

11 3/4" W x 10 3/4" H x 5" D. The display easily weighs 10 pounds. Very nicely detailed, plus I have extra skulls.

#702 10 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

11 3/4" W x 10 3/4" H x 5" D. The display easily weighs 10 pounds. Very nicely detailed, plus I have extra skulls.

That topper is such a freak! I love it!!!

#703 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

..... looking ugly like that Predator topper.

Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark. Thanks man, way to crush my Predator vibe.

Anyone want to buy a slightly used, HUO, ugly Predator topper?

#704 10 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark. Thanks man, way to crush my Predator vibe.

LOL. Totally kidding. I wanted to end my rant with a playful jab. All in fun my friend. Enjoy your topper!

#705 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

LOL. Totally kidding.

Recognized it as such. No worries here.

#706 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

This thread is not even worth reading anymore. I'd rather pinside create a "Skit B" thread where only they can post updates on Predator, choose which email questions to answer, and remove all this freakin drama.

I am pretty darn sure that the reason for half the drama lately is the lack of communication from Skit-B. We get a "mission complete" after a long silence, we all get excited, we get bad/questionable feedback from the expo, and still no response from Kevin about anything. So rumors, mass speculation, contemplation, and people getting no answers just creates more "what if" moments and people jumping onto bandwagons to defend or provoke.

((And while I readily agree that we've got people on both sides of the Predator argument in here poking at each other, just go open and read any JJP thread if you want to see real drama. Relatively speaking, this thread is pretty tame.))

Of course, there is already an "update only" Predator thread out there that The_Dude_Abides keeps up to date for us, but if Kevin/Skit-B wants to have one that they provide the information for, all they've got to do is tell either myself or Dude and I know we'd gladly oblige them.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-updates

#707 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Of course, there is already an "update only" Predator thread out there that The_Dude_Abides keeps up to date for us

This

#708 10 years ago

Screenshot_2014-03-16-21-31-40.jpgScreenshot_2014-03-16-21-31-40.jpg

#709 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I am pretty darn sure that the reason for half the drama lately is the lack of communication from Skit-B. We get a "mission complete" after a long silence, we all get excited, we get bad/questionable feedback from the expo, and still no response from Kevin about anything. So rumors, mass speculation, contemplation, and people getting no answers just creates more "what if" moments and people jumping onto bandwagons to defend or provoke.

Agreed. This is definitely contributing. All I am calling for is everyone to lay the pitchforks down on both sides and allow the concerns to be discussed constructively. Respect each other not blind arguments regardless what side of the camp you are on.

#710 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Agreed. This is definitely contributing. All I am calling for is everyone to lay the pitchforks down on both sides and allow the concerns to be discussed constructively. Respect each other not blind arguments regardless what side of the camp you are on.

Completely agree. Never bash someone outright for having an opinion you don't agree with. It's best to just leave it be and avoid starting an internet battle. Unfortunately, the world doesn't work that way. Cyberspace can be even more disturbing.

#711 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

((And while I readily agree that we've got people on both sides of the Predator argument in here poking at each other, just go open and read any JJP thread if you want to see real drama. Relatively speaking, this thread is pretty tame.))
Of course, there is already an "update only" Predator thread out there that The_Dude_Abides keeps up to date for us, but if Kevin/Skit-B wants to have one that they provide the information for, all they've got to do is tell either myself or Dude and I know we'd gladly oblige them.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-updates

I've been planning to coordinate with Skit-B to do a Q&A thread closed to comment for a while now. My schedule and theirs has been hectic of late so it may not be tomorrow but still planning to. Kevin thought it was a fun idea and gladly agreed to do it. I know they will be busy as can be but I'll try to get this started as soon as I can.

#712 10 years ago

pony deal.gifpony deal.gif

#713 10 years ago

images-3.jpegimages-3.jpeg

#714 10 years ago

Just want to say that I am not blind to the issues, but rather that I am both optimistic and confident that they will be addressed.

I appreciate the reports from the LAX show, hope to get reports from the next show, and will report from MGC. I will hold judgement till I physically play the "done" machine.

#715 10 years ago

1) I don't want to be a part of a lawsuit. Look at the JJP Aussie situation - if there is a chance the partners are going to descend into litigation how could we park our money with them? It could be tied up for years in a lawsuit. Everyone is hunky dory until there is 250 $4,000 payments received. THEN everyone is interested and lawyers can be convinced to get involved if the pie is $1 million cash.

2) Can we get a look at the UV layer in total darkness?

I find the lack of communication disturbing, but on the other hand Kevin has not officially asked me for more money so I am OK to wait for answers. But I need answers to stay in all the way to the end. No way I am depositing more money until I know Aaron is not suing for my money. I already have 7k gambled with JJP

#716 10 years ago

Rommy > He was an employee. He no longer works for the company. he will not have a leg to stand on if he tried to bring up some frivalous lawsuit. On top of that, I believe they are all friends and things ended ammicably. End of story. It really should be no concern of ours...

#717 10 years ago

Sounds like Jack should step in here with a libelous comment : )

#718 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just want to say that I am not blond to the issues

#719 10 years ago

I didn't even know he WAS blond!

#720 10 years ago

I saw that, and was trying to think of a nice comeback, but unfortunately I'm blonde and therefore cannot.

#721 10 years ago

that is pretty funny. Guess that is what I get with typing before my morning caffine...

I also suck at typing.

#722 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

before my morning caffine...

caffeine

#723 10 years ago

Well there ya have it. But I still would like a look in a really dark room like a basement. Somehow I think if it was total darkness you could see it. It was always really faint anyway.

#724 10 years ago

did that one on purpose

pinside needs spell check...

#725 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

did that one on purpose
pinside needs spell check...

And an integrated thesaurus so we can all sound smart.

#726 10 years ago

I don't mind the arguing just keep the ponies out of it.

#727 10 years ago

poni.jpg.jpgponi.jpg.jpg

#728 10 years ago

Yeah the brony stuff is creepy.

#729 10 years ago

yes...

#730 10 years ago

The creeps come out at night......

Screenshot_2014-03-17-11-04-07.pngScreenshot_2014-03-17-11-04-07.png
#733 10 years ago

I believe we are about to see a mass exit from this pin.

#734 10 years ago
Quoted from Phillyfan:

I believe we are about to see a mass exit from this pin.

Contribution from a very active pinsider (9 posts in 18 months); consistent with what he/she "insightfully" wrote 9 months ago.

Quoted from Phillyfan:

I've not played it, but it does seem kinda weak. It looks like a Taxi that has been re-themed as Predator.

Like that Ghostbusters custom pin.

The playfield art likes bad, not dynamic, just a group of characters in a line like they were posing for a picture.

No interactive toys. I wouldn't call the skull or hanging bodies interactive.

#735 10 years ago

I don't think anybody is going anywhere

#736 10 years ago

I'm confident that Skit-B will not release the pinball with the UV paint not working or showing up. Maybe they just haven't swapped the new playfield with the paint into their game yet. In the promo video, it does show a separate playfield and not the one in the machine.

#737 10 years ago

I'm confident there are plenty of pinheads that are ready and willing to take the spot if you should give it up.

#738 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

This thread is not even worth reading anymore. I'd rather pinside create a "Skit B" thread where only they can post updates on Predator, choose which email questions to answer, and remove all this freakin drama.

I check the thread every couple weeks to a month.

It's really simple. Go to the last page, and if you see people flaming each other or posting ponies, you know there hasn't been any progress.

If you see grown ass men acting like teenage fanboys, and saying "Thanks for the update!!! I just have a few questions!!!!" followed by a list of approximately 800 questions, there was an update.

#739 10 years ago

I was hoping Kevin would have chimed in by now, commenting on some of the concerns with the game at the last expo?

#740 10 years ago

When he's ready, I'm sure he will....

#741 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

When he's ready, I'm sure he will....

That's an amazing grasp of the obvious you got there ted

But seriously; has anybody spoken with Kevin at all?
I find it highly incredible that, after such an unfortunate showing of this "complete" machine, that no comments of any kind have been made.

Did he have nothing to say at the show either? (For those who were there)

#742 10 years ago

It is getting hard to stay on with this pin, I'm not one to complain but 3 weeks ago a video that's it's done, then a less than stellar showing at that pin festival and now silence. I would love the Predator in my collection but what the hell.

#743 10 years ago

It should be easy to stay in when the only money down is the $250 deposit.

I can only assume/hope that they are busy making tweaks and the machine will speak for itself at the next show. I am anxiously awaiting to play at MGC in early April!

#744 10 years ago

You panicky guys have to put everything in perspective.

JJP has a big team and after 3 years, still has not delivered the games that were paid in full $7000. The system still is blowing up boards. Months go by without any updates.

Skipb is only a few guys and they are 95% fully along.

If you want out, get out; but quit complaining because you are not getting a hourly update.

#745 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Exactly. Tell me that some of you reading this have not put $250 on something that others would consider frivolous. I know I have. Not saying that I'm rich by any means but if this goes bust, $250 isn't gonna break me. Besides it's not household money, it's "squirrel" money.

#746 10 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Tell me that some of you reading this have not put $250 on something that others would consider frivolous.

I bet more than 1/2 the guys here have more than that tied up in the super lame March Madness .

#747 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I bet more than 1/2 the guys here have more than that tied up in the super lame March Madness .

#748 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I've only got $250 down, aren't there a lot of guys that have already sent in full payment? I've been on the three year + Woz ride and it all turned out great for me, I'm hoping they are able to navigate through some of the difficulties, after seeing JJP struggle nobody should expect it would smooth as butta! Relax

#749 10 years ago

You guys cracka lacka me up. Ted, your optimism is awesome man. If you get that TWD director gig I wanna be your coffee getter.

I'm paid in full for a long while now and am not concerned at all. Game looks great, other non artistic issues I can tweak after I open it.

Anyone know where I. Can get a large alien skull to mount as a topper?

( I know, alien skull was PRED 2, but still would be awesome!)

Rick.

There are 1,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 40.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-pinball-mission-complete/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.