predator_stang.jpg
th_avatar109503_22.gif
baf9_inevitable_betrayal.jpg
th_alien_0011.gif
dancing_fruit.gif
3_predator_rage.gif
hulksmile.gif
Demon_2.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#573 11 years ago
Quoted from mipinballexpo:

I hear they are going to ride in on these.

Easily the ugliest motorcylce I have ever seen. LMAO

#592 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Making a topper with the predator or something else that would point a laser at the player would be sweet. Or even a laser worked into gameplay (on a Predator toy) in the playfield would be pretty cool. Not sure what type of safety concerns there would be maybe someone else can chime in on that. If you do need a waiver I would get it in writing before you ship it out and then a statement on the additional parts "by installing this...ect".

Waivers don't work every where. Waivers are attune to "assumption of risk" . . . that theory of law is only recognized in some states (usually states with skii resorts or beaches).

#595 11 years ago

I wasn't implying they work everywhere. I was merely suggesting they add a step to what they were already thinking about doing which can be seen looking at my statement in context. I dont think coming up with an alternative to a 'laser' nowadays would be too difficult. Either way I think it is a great idea that would really be a cool feature if they were able to pull it off.

I agree fully with everything you say above. I was more of warning Skit B as I think they might have misunderstood you based on their response to your post.

2 weeks later
#678 11 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

I say we shouldn't sticky this thread, in particular. I'm going to make a new thread with all the relevant info right in the first post so people don't have to dig through this monstrous thread to find information. That being said, what information do you guys think is relevant enough to be included in the post?

I second this. Let's start over fresh with a clean thread.

2 weeks later
#754 11 years ago

I agree with everyone telling these guys to take their time and get it right. There is a lot of work that goes into these machines, look at jjp and he is at least getting deposit money to help fund the development. My biggest request is to make sure the game has an awesome soundtrack. Music in pins is huge to many. I'm pumped to be on the list for this one!

#766 11 years ago

Thanks for putting it in the database for us Robin. I hope the art on this pin turns out to be wicked!!

If there is hand drawn art that looks like that . . . wow . . . talk about epic artwork!

#806 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Great for the buyers, no doubt....and yes its much better for the buyer than JJP, but there is a reason people have ponied up all that dough......

I agree with this . . . I'm in for Predator and happy to be in, was a huge fan of Predator and collected some Predator stuff back in the day, but my one fear here is whether it will prove financially feasable as a project (especially without deposits), even as a non-profit project. One thing is for sure, these Skip guys love pinball and are putting their best effort into the project . . . and that is great.

#807 11 years ago
Quoted from Prkchpsndwiches:

Got my number! #60!!!!

Congrats to No. 60! No. 37 here.

3 weeks later
#866 11 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Well, they did originally say they were planning to have a completed prototype at the beginning of June. If there is some major roadblock I would rather know about it so I can budget accordingly. I don't want to pass on other machines because I'm saving for a game that won't come out or will be a year behind schedule. That's all.

They said that but I always thought it was going to be early 2013 at the earliest before they had this completed. I thought that was the general concensus. I'm sure their problem is on the PCB boards, chips, and programming . . . that is where every project gets held up. It killed Kingpin sadly. These guys will get through; just give them time.

#885 11 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Dammit, I hope there's a preorder left. This is the only pin that could be my first. Got to the preorder party way to late.

I think they still have room; also, since they did not require deposits there will be a bunch of drop outs of the people who pre-ordered so you will have your chance without question.

1 week later
#946 11 years ago
Quoted from toyboy6:

Build order isn't based on your pin #, it is based on the order in which you signed up. So even though you are #192, if you are the 50th person to sign up - your pin will be built 50th.
Scott

Well, that is weird to say the least if they are going to skip machine numbers that people don't pay for, which I thought someone on here said was the plan. That means some numbers may never come into being so the numbering is not all that important. Cool with me though.

#973 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

EDIT 2: Also, I am so late to the party, but, for a quick drain, "Not a thing. Not a fucking trace. No blood, no bodies... We hit nothing!" would have been awesome.

That would a great cut down line for a quick drain. Perfect actually.

Quoted from navajas:

God I hope the game doesn't suck. But even then, right? I mean, it's still got the bells and whistles of Predator. If Oz ends up sucking you've got munchkins and flippers that look like princess shoes.

This made me laugh so hard I woke my wife up . . . who is now making me shut down the cpu and go to sleep. Nite all!

#1015 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I also suspect more than a few of the preorders will fall out once this becomes real.
I think getting in on this project is still a safe bet... for now

This. With the no deposit rule they followed, I think as many as half the pre-order people will not pony up the cash when their number is called. That said, if there are games being produced they will easily sell out all 250 if the game is merely decent. They will not struggle to fill orders once people see the final product.

#1045 11 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

30 more teasers since yesterday.........man I love this thread!
Chris #4

Yep, I thought for sure there must be an update of some kind. Oh well, I am in no rush.

#1094 11 years ago

Stay patient everyone. SkitB will provide an update when they have one. I'm sure development has slowed during the summer months as is common in many industries. People have children out of school and go on vacations and what not; suppliers can be harder to interact with in the summer as well. Things will pick up again soon, BBB was not delivered in the day but it eventually made it.

#1107 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Ok let's not bump this post any more unless it has something to do with the actual Predator pinball game.
Who's with me?

I gave this a thumbs up but feel like a hypocrit due to my early stage participation in the XMen thread . . . which was very similar to where this one is now.

3 weeks later
#1234 11 years ago
Quoted from Prkchpsndwiches:

Ahhhh all these posts and no update! Duped!

Same. Its been two weeks since I opened this thread. Looks like they did assign out numbers to more people, so we know they are still kicking. This is a very complicated project for these guys and takes huge amounts of their time and capital (that they are fully fronting)...this project may take a while. I am in and will be buyer when it is ready, but I keep reminding myself to be patient.

#1274 11 years ago

No top movie list is complete without the inclusion of Highlander. Highlander would make a great pin theme to. You could have a power ball painted to look like a head.

#1283 11 years ago

We have hyjacked the heck out of this thread. LOL

#1300 11 years ago
Quoted from SPeD66:

Email them & hope. Tell them you don't care what number the machine is. Expect to wait several weeks for a reply though... if you aren't too late. The reply I got stated there were still slots left but they weren't specific.

A bunch of people will drop out at the first sign of putting up any money . . . my prediction is it will be over half. That is the problem with putting nothing up front; I think they should have charged at least $100 up front to make sure they had people willing to pay something; of course, that discussion was had many many posts ago and I conceded on the point then so I do not know why I am bringing it up again.

#1306 11 years ago
Quoted from MMuller:

Not me baby i can't wait to get it home #10 for me

Same here. I'm in for the long haul on this project.

#1310 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I haven't read Every Post in this Giant Thread , but How much does the Predator cost anyway ?

$4,500 was the rough guess estimate at the beginning. They are trying to keep it under 5k; I think that may be tough (given the challenges JJP has seen with parts venders and he is buying in higher volume) but who knows.

#1311 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Figure between $4500 - $5000

Weren't you suppose to be calling it a night after that last epic GIF in the other thread? Now you will have to top that one. Ha!

#1316 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think there well be a hellalot of drop outs or people who try to sell their spots in line. Which I'd rather not see. If it only ends up being a 150 production pin that would be ok with me.

Oh, I'd be sickened to see people try and sell their spots in line. Hopefully the Predator guys do NOT allow transfers. If they were taking deposits different story.

#1331 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Any idea why? Is it a safety thing? or cost?
I actually did some r&d into laser tag some years ago. 3mw lasers are safe for eyeballs. Most pen lasers start at 5mw, so shouldn't aim them at eyes, but 3mw are used in laser tag type games (not the toys, the places where you go battle) and are still visible to us.
Seeing those 3 dots hunt around the playfield would be so badass its not even funny.

It is for legal reasons more than anything. Even if the laser is technically safe they would still get sued by ambulance chasers just because of the perception of lasers being unsafe. Also, you know the pinball community...if the game were to be laser compatible we would dump the 3mw laser and replace it with a 10mw bad m f'er cause we can...

1 week later
#1372 11 years ago

Wow. Big update. You guys are further along in your coding than anyone expected I believe. I had no idea y'all were this far along. Glad I'm in on this project!

2 weeks later

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-pinball-at-michigan-pinball-expo?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.