predator_stang.jpg
th_avatar109503_22.gif
baf9_inevitable_betrayal.jpg
th_alien_0011.gif
dancing_fruit.gif
3_predator_rage.gif
hulksmile.gif
Demon_2.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#2 12 years ago

It would be great to see some pics of that pin! I hope someone brings a camera and shares em with us.

#30 12 years ago

Can't wait to see it come together please keep us posted on the progress!!

1 week later
#71 11 years ago

Simply put that looks bad ass! Thanks for posting the video for us looks like it is really coming together and has some unique features to it. Not sure if you have said yet but how many do you all plan on making?

#123 11 years ago

Would love to see this at California Extreme or the Pacific Pinball Expo but know they are probably too far out for you all to make it. Have you already said when you guys will be taking pre-orders for this pin?

#138 11 years ago

Email Sent thanks Skit-B this looks like its going to be one sweet pin!!!

#151 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

herbertbsharp said:S.I.G.N. M.E. U.P.
Have to be one of the best films to make a pinball on. So many good one liners.

Agreed 100%! I loved the movie as a kid and just can't resist the temptation to get one. It will be the first NIB for me. I'm so glad all those quotes mentioned above are most likely gonna be in play they are all priceless! It's just got to have the sound bites from that hand cannon roaring.

#155 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

The_Dude_Abides said:RGR said:herbertbsharp said:S.I.G.N. M.E. U.P!!! I REALLY would like to hear the Jesse quote: "Bunch of slack-jawed f@##0!s 'round here"!!!!!!
Have to be one of the best films to make a pinball on. So many good one liners.
Agreed 100%! I loved the movie as a kid and just can't resist the temptation to get one. I'm so glad all those quotes mentioned above are most likely gonna be in play they are all priceless! It's just got to have the sound bites from that hand cannon roaring.
That's where a cool right orbit spinner would be cool and the Ventura rail gun sound mowing down the jungle

Got to agree with you there.

I think good lighting would definitely be appreciated by the player. I agree it's hard to tell from the video due to lighting conditions but I'm sure you all will make sure it has enough light before they go out. Sterns back row lighting really does a great job of lighting the play field while being out of direct view of the player. But please dont go Sterns route in making it so difficult to change LEDs in and out.

Love the hunt mode dimmed lighting that is a nice touch. A deep but intuitive rule set will help with lastability and an epic wizard mode would take it to another level. Hope it includes some music from the movie as well.

#177 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

one or two great pf toys.

Yea I agree, not sure it is in the plans since you are already so far into production but I am also curious if you will have at least one interactive toy. I can't think of many modern pins without one or two toys on the field somewhere. Love the idea to make the art and plastics immerse us in the Jungle or should I say "hot mess" environment.

I just think it is refreshing to have a pinball maker actually put it out there first and take in comments and even criticism like skit-b has in an effort to make the machine the best it can be it is unheard of (as vid1900 mentioned above). Something to be applauded IMO.

#182 11 years ago

Watcin it myself tonight. "Goddam jackpot" said by Dillon looking through papers in hut early at the 27 minute 57 second mark made me laugh.

#215 11 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

@ skitBPinball: Do you plan to release 'power pack' or code updates after shipment to resolve any issues and or enhance gameplay?

Great question. I hope there will be a way to update or enhance the code. Although, I do hope it is shipped more ready to go code wise than some of Sterns recent releases which really needed updates to be considered close to complete.

#220 11 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Noticed something in the video. Did it save you user name and game?? I thought I saw at game start you pick your user name. Or did I see something wrong?

I think we will be able to save up to 4 profiles and it will save some play info on those with options to delete and start a new one.

#242 11 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

Potential solution: The game could ship with a "kit" that the end-buyer would have to install themselves. The most likely scenario would be a topper with the cannon itself housing the laser device. You could set it at your own angle, and for legal reasons, it would be one of those "by installing this item on your machine you are aware of the risks, bla bla bla" kind of stories. Thoughts on this, as well?

Making a topper with the predator or something else that would point a laser at the player would be sweet. Or even a laser worked into gameplay (on a Predator toy) in the playfield would be pretty cool. Not sure what type of safety concerns there would be maybe someone else can chime in on that. If you do need a waiver I would get it in writing before you ship it out and then a statement on the additional parts "by installing this...ect".

UV-only colors are applied over the existing playfield art to turn all the leaves blue and all of the characters different shades of red. One thing we're thinking about changing is allowing the two closest red GI lights to the flippers to stay on during hunt/hunt multiball, just to help you keep an eye down on the flippers. Thoughts on this?

Wow, that would be absolutely awesome I hope that is put into the game for sure! I think it would probably be a good idea to keep two red GI lights nearest to the flippers on while in hunt modes to help the player be able to see the flipper area as you mentioned. Or better yet just make it an option in the menu.

Quoted from iceman44:

Excuse my ignorance here but what is the background of you guys and experience in game creation....did you work for Stern, Bally? Create other pins?....

The link to your Pinside Pinball Story in your profile isn't pulling anything up for some reason. Although, I am not looking for an established big name designer and am glad we have a younger generation of pinball makers/designers that are trying to put their stamp on Pinball! Look the great designers are legends but truth be told they aren't getting any younger. Sometimes their designs and method of releasing pins (you don't like it too bad attitude) not to mention sky high prices doesn't reflect what a majority of current pinheads would want.

Pinball needs new blood and it appears Skit-B is trying to provide that for us with a new way of taking pre-orders (being able to see a playing white-wood along with DMD display with sound) and communicating with the community for ideas and critiques before release.

#247 11 years ago

One idea that I think would be innovative would be for you to include a Multiplayer Coop (even if it is just two player) option were each player is trying to help the "team" achieve certain goals with their turn at the table. Since they are in the jungle fighting for their lives together in the movie it would fit the theme (us vs Predator) perfectly.

#257 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

As much as I would love to order a Predator, I just can't. I only have room for one more pin in my collection, which is going to be X-Men.

Just know that when you do (& it looks like your already anticipating that) want to pick up a HUO Predator it's likely gonna cost you a pretty penny.

#281 11 years ago

Also, the front panel pics aren't exactly to spec, and the Arnold placement won't be exactly where it is in those pictures. No nose picking for game starts....You would be like the 4th person to mention that, so it will most likely be moved to a corner or taken off the side altogether. I'll see what it looks like a little smaller, but I think, visually, it might still keep that same 'subtitle of the movie' misconception.

It would be cool if both Arnold and the Predator's faces were not obstructed by the buttons other than that I really like the look of the front. For the side I agree it's not a good idea to have your logo big (or even small) in the center under the title. If you absolutely have to have Skit-B on the side cab I would reduce the size and put it in the upper corner between the end of the cab and the backbox hinge. Ascetically it would look nicer if you did the Skit-B logo in red or even a green camouflage variation to fit the theme. On a side note, I hope you guys make sure the Long Tall Sally song is used in the game.

Quoted from BigPhil:

I think about this pinball going to bed. I think about it when I wake up. I think about it during the day. I'm hooked!

I'm right there with you BigPhil!

Quoted from vid1900:

Drano said: Better get out to Best Buy right away.
GET TO DA CHOPPA!

Hahaa, you guys crack me up!

... WOW that is all that comes to mind.

#289 11 years ago
Quoted from mipinballexpo:

Something is moving out there.

Looks like it's officially going public!

#295 11 years ago

That backglass is sweet man!! I hope we'll be able to put some LEDs in back of it. Anyone gonna give us a nice shot of the play field? Or are you all too busy having a blast?

#303 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I just like the idea of seeing the Predator in all its ugly glory....You are one ugly motherf....

I know what your saying but I think they nailed the backglass myself. Maybe something like you mentioned for the cab but I would leave the backglass how it is. Or better yet that maybe a great idea for a topper from Laseriffic. I like how they blended the face to look almost invisible but defined enough to see it.

I'd rather they put time, effort, & resources towards a playfield toy rather than tweaking a backbox that already looks as good or better than most being released these days.

#310 11 years ago

Can you hit the right ramp backhand with the right flipper?

#321 11 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Question for the guys at SkitB.......will it come with a shaker motor? If not will the P-roc be pre programmed allowing for an easy add on Mod?
Thanks again, Chris

Very good question I hope a shaker will at least be an option. Please make it so Skit-B! Lowering the UV lights to the playfield was an awesome idea it appears to make a big difference.

#339 11 years ago

This is part of the issue with being so up front it's not finished guys you can't treat it as us such. At least they are asking for suggestions. I like tight shots those ramps appear to be the same size as SM that is a good challenge hard to tell without playing it though. It would be nice to be able to hit the right ramp backhanded though.

I really think WOZ is a cluttered mess myself but to each their own. I don't want to rain on anyones parade so I keep that opinion off their main posts. Dont care for WOZ theme, art or how the layout appears to kill the flow of shots. I prefer speed, flow, and a deep rule set and Skit-b appears to be off to a very good start to me. I agree there is some work to be done for sure but I cant wait to see this one come together!

Quoted from Crash:

Does anyone else notice how crazy powerful the jet bumpers are in this game? It seems like a single hit sends the ball flying halfway across the playfield.

I kind of like how the placement of the pops keeps the game a little unpredictable.

#363 11 years ago

It's exciting that the playfield art will be hand drawn by an artist! It will be a nice change up to what has been put out there more recently. Looks like there is plenty of talent in the art department to make this pin look very unique.

Awesome to hear you all will be putting in the code to allow us to add a shaker motor! A shaker would be a great mod for it and fit the theme perfectly. Do you anticipate running the necessary wiring for the shaker up to the front as others have done?

Most of the ideas we talked about at the expo revolved around toys, and there were some sincerely awesome ideas on the table. Let's just say that I have some phone calls to make.

Like music to our ears!! Can't wait to see what you all come up with.

#377 11 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Definitely looking forward to seeing this at Allentown. Don't think I read it anywhere here but is there a very rough estimate on release? I'd hate to pre order and have it be ready and not have all the cash because it comes out in 2 months. Will it be this year? Next year? Next month?

A while back I heard that the pins will start being produced sometime between August and October of this year. With all they are putting into this I would guess probably later in that window but that is purely a guess. Im sure they know we would rather wait longer for them to get everything just where they want them rather than rush it out the door. Based on everything I've heard from them they are going about this the right way and will not rush through the process.

Your policy of having all toys interact with either the ball or player is much appreciated Skit-B!!!

#387 11 years ago

Lights under the ramp areas would be a welcome addition especially if it seems to be dark even in a low light environment (many pin rooms keep light low). While providing some extra light for the game they also give ramps a colorful glow.

I know you all thought we were done with the quotes How about after the third ball drains and the game is over we hear: "You're ghosting us mother*&*&#$. I don't care who you are back in the world. You give away our position one more time I'll bleed you, real quiet, an' leave you here."

#409 11 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

I'd rather see my money goes towards the game itself (i.e. cool toys) than the backglass.

Well said, have to go +5 on that. Its a cool idea but with a project like this I would prefer more effort and budget go to interactive toys, playfield art & lighting, quality control, and software. I personally dont care for the LE/premium/pro model. Just make an awesome playing pin with well thought out features at a reasonable cost add on a low production run and I am stocked. Make one model the best it can be and no one feels left out (except non owners).

If you all have the time and budget after doing everything you wanted in order to make this the best pin it can be then sure this would be a cool addition but if not so be it.

#419 11 years ago

Seattle is pretty far

Agreed, you all should just come to California Extreme in July gives you more time, not closer but it would give the dude a chance to play it. Nah, in all seriousness you guys focus on making the best pin you can and I can wait to play it until it shows up in its box.

#420 11 years ago

Sorry for the back to back posts but I saw this thread needed one more comment to reach the 420 mark on 4/20 so I could not resist.

#425 11 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

I'm shocked you haven't mentioned here that Matt from Back Alley Amusements is going to be working on the toys! That's pretty awesome news!

.... That made my day and is simply awesome! Are you screwing with us Riggy?

#433 11 years ago

Great news!

Oh sorry forgot.. #23 (is this going to be necessary every time I post in this thread?)

#469 11 years ago
Quoted from BigPhil:

Looks like my girlfriend's engagement ring is on hold!

That cracked me up thanks BigPhil!

#479 11 years ago

Sounds like there are more than a few going outside of the US. It's great to see there is a demand for it worldwide. Exciting times for pinball. I know I'm not the only one hoping that you all at Skit-B put out such a great pin that there will be a demand for your designs for years to come!!

Regarding others getting to play it first. Isn't playing what it is all about? I'm glad more pinheads will be able to play it. Especially when the purpose of it is to fine tune gameplay and software while also ensuring we get a solid pin tested for quality.

#492 11 years ago

I just got off the phone with Matt from Back Alley a few moments ago, and I can assure you, there will not be a lack of playfield toys

No, the playfield artwork is being hand-drawn by a professional artist. We should have some samples to post shortly.

I'll have a smile on my face all day now thanks Kevin.

#503 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Hey Kevin! Please tell me that one of the callouts will be, "I ain't got time to bleed."
Dan #42

I ain't got time to bleed - check!

#510 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I don't think any wizard mode has been discussed yet?
I guess they have to keep a few things up their sleeves or we might all lose interest

I've spoken with Michael Pupo of Flipper Fidelity and he will be coming up with the sound system for Predator. An audio solution of this caliber is sure to get the neighbors' attention when you start the Showdown wizard mode.

I've heard the wizard mode is pretty intense.

#512 11 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

The lack of targets to me will hurt the stayability factor that they are wanting. (I see the 2)

I can understand why you would bring this up. It may be nice to have some targets on the left side of the playfield which would add to the shots available to the right flipper. That said, LOTR does not have many targets at all and it has great lastability so for me it's not a make or break it type of thing. Would be nice to have something additional to shoot for on that left side of the playfield though.

#519 11 years ago

Would you really want to see the wizard mode on the internet, as opposed to in your gameroom??

No way. It's just exciting talking/speculating about it no need to give us anymore info on it. I agree if you want to see/play it then earn it!

mode ends when all but one ball ends up in the trough

I like how in SM you can continue shooting in the wizard mode even with one ball left. Having to keep at least two in play while trying to complete wizard mode will definitely add to the challenge.

#529 11 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

I may have missed seeing this, but how is game code expected to be updated post release?

Here is what Skit-B has said regarding this:

herbertbsharp said:@ Do you plan to release 'power pack' or code updates after shipment to resolve any issues and or enhance gameplay?
I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned before. In production units, the game settings, high scores, user files, and even game code are going to be stored on a small flash memory device (most likely a microSD card or the like). If anything major comes up as far as bugs or software hiccups, or even certain updates to rules / scoring, code will be patched and we will just send out a new memory stick with the new software on it. When you get the chip in the mail, it's as easy as taking the old one out and swapping it with the new one and turning the game back on. If you don't want to wait and have a bit of tech skills, the option to update the card manually will most likely be offered, as well.

#584 11 years ago
Quoted from Blakesell:

That would be an extra, and it'd be interactive. The idea was to have a Laser-Guided-Anti-Lyman device mounted on it

That would be sweet having the Predator with a mounted laser that shoots down on the player. I remember them hinting at this a while back. I hope they can pull something like that off it would be an awesome feature!

#594 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Waivers don't work every where. Waivers are attune to "assumption of risk" . . . that theory of law is only recognized in some states (usually states with skii resorts or beaches).

I wasn't implying they work everywhere. I was merely suggesting they add a step to what they were already thinking about doing which can be seen looking at my statement in context. I dont think coming up with an alternative to a 'laser' nowadays would be too difficult. Either way I think it is a great idea that would really be a cool feature if they were able to pull it off.

The really wild end to the night is that we let a bunch of pinheads from Montreal talk us into bringing the game up into our hotel room (didn't take much convincing, honestly) after the show closed down. There were something like 10 guys in the room with the game for about the last 5 hours or so, and we're just now getting to bed.

Sure sounds like you all had a fun night indeed! Glad the show went well for you all.

#606 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

What's the scoop on the sound package?
I have a buddy that is asking about music, sounds, and the integration. ("Hey, there is a reason guys like Dave Thiel and Chris Granner exist")
Obviously, Skit-B isn't going to be composing their own stuff...but he is curious to know how they are handling sound effects.

So far this is the info we have regarding this more to come on that shortly I think.

Lastly, I'm not sure if he wants his name mentioned in conjunction with the project or not at this point, but a very well known supervising sound editor who has worked on the Predator series in the past has shown some sincere interest in working on the project. This is balancing on the question of if Fox will help us out with a few things, at the moment. More on this as it develops.

Tomorrow morning we're going to be stopping by the sound manager's studio to nail down some info and ideas, and I'll make it a point to ask about attaching his name to the project officially.

#636 11 years ago
Quoted from Rick471:

Okay, is it me or could you use a really nice set of graphics of the cabinet sides instead of the huge word Predator??
Im not sayin, just sayin...
Says Predator 5 Times on it
Cabinet Sides 2
Cabinet Front 1
Speaker Panel 1
Translite 1
Too many???

Seems like it is becoming a fad to do that now days. Stern does this a lot and I am not a huge fan of it either. IMO it would look much better if the back glass Predator lettering was taken off and if they leave it on the speaker panel it still has the title clear as day for the players.

Side art could be improved. Not as important as perfecting the shot layout on the field or adding modes to the software though so I guess we just got to wait and see what they are cookin up you know.

1 week later
#670 11 years ago

Congrats on getting on the list Betelguese I bet you friends are pretty stoked your getting a Predator. Can't wait to see what they come up with for the playfield art! I have a feeling it's going to look pretty bad ass.

Quoted from system11:

Might be quite good if the decals were trimmed away at the corners so that the legs don't ever touch the decal at all. Still include the leg protectors, but seen so many decal horror stories now.

I have heard that soft padded material or felt pads (possibly in conjunction with pincab protectors) offer the best protection for cabs that have decals. I have no idea if this improves durability but here is a photo regarding what system11 is talking about:
Decal_Cut_out_for_leg_area.jpgDecal_Cut_out_for_leg_area.jpg

#680 11 years ago

Vester has a good list some other ideas are what type of boards your using, that parts will be readily available if needed, and a picture of the artwork

#685 11 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

I'm curious about being able to add a shaker motor still, I thought I remember reading that it would be coded into the pin but not physically installed.

Kevin said a while back they would code for shaker (Shaker used on Sterns) and run wiring to front. I think it is a great idea for this theme. Shaker will not be installed or included. Probably be a good idea to add that info to new post as well. Not sure if this has changed but I hope not.

#692 11 years ago

Very cool! Love the side by side user comparison and the add a ball in reveal mode. Mini Wizard mode being passive sounds like a great idea so glad to hear its officially gonna have one. Many more lamps on the playfield is music to my ears nothing better than a well lit playfield with hand drawn art. Thanks for the update been chomping at the bit for more info.

I'm also wondering if you repositioned or separated the two lock targets that were in the center. Also how hard is it to make the right loop never saw it made on the videos so far?...Guess well just have to wait till you get some things ironed out. Hope all goes well for you and the team.

1 week later
#709 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

How about this for a magnetic ball grab?

A magnet would be epic surprise for us indeed! There hasn't been anything mentioned about it to this point but it would be one sweet addition for sure.

With all the features being put into pins these days one without any magnets or multiple cool interactive features may seem a bit dated. They do have the post diverter (probably needs a bit of refinement per videos) and the lock grab but I'm hopping they a a few more tricks up their sleeve for us.

#730 11 years ago

As they have said, as soon as they have something polished enough to show they will share it with us. It's crucial for them to get this right so I am more then willing to give them some time to iron out the details and make this a bad ass pin. They are still shooting for late Summer early fall to start building them so I imagine they are working their buts off trying to add features and software to the pin and get it rock solid. Take your time to make sure you get this first project right Skit-B.

Best of luck to you and the team Kevin we are pulling for you all to make this an epic pin!

#740 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

and probably won't be ready till mid next year.

I doubt this based on their progress on the project and information they have provided thus far. Also, another thing to think of is they may need to get this pin out in or near their time frame for financial reasons. Either way, they appear to be highly motivated and as of right now I don't foresee initial production being put off until next year. That said, I do hope they take the time to ensure this is the best it can be.

#761 11 years ago

Thanks for putting it in the database for us Robin. I hope the art on this pin turns out to be wicked!!

Pred.jpgPred.jpg

#785 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe i'm the only one but where is Kevin and how is this going to get done for the amount we are talking about........I realize this is "non-profit" but really?

I don't see why you are concerned about it no risk on your part. I would rather they spend time getting it done rather than run every step by us.

Lets be happy with the price point given by Skit-B and hope they stick to it. There is no need to try to encourage manufacturers to raise their prices. Stern & JJP may just kill this momentum pinball has right now by cranking up prices on new pins making them unavailable to the vast majority of the population. I hope groups like Skit-B can find ways to bring us great pins at a great value now and in the future.

#788 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

TDA....what is the plan?.........its not risk on my part or anybody else......and I hope they get it done...but I'm highly skeptical...

I'm skeptical about a WOZ theme but many are already on the hook for one. It's 7K for the base model and for what LCD clips of the recent crappy remake of a classic movie and LEDs? I am not so sure how 'groundbreaking' this pin really will be and IMO the art on it is off putting.

I would be also be more skeptical about a project 2 years out (BHZA) taking large deposits on 2 different projects from a team that has never built a pin together. Just sayin...

Quoted from kmoore88:

I'm Hoping they stick to the helmeted look.

You get that with the back box side art. If your doing a Predator your gonna probably have to have at least one shot of the Predator without the helmet IMO.

#795 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

its not risk on my part or anybody else

Sorry I could of been less combative there ice. Your words here is the main reason why there is little to worry or complain about IMO. Nothing up front and if not one pin is delivered all that happens is we have some broken hearted pinheads with absolutely no financial loss. The very fact that nothing was asked for up front leads me to beleive that the are not trying to rip anyone off and that they want to do things how they think is right and fair. I could care less about there business plan since all that will come of it if not delivered is cash saved by me to spend on machine of my choice.

I think in the end you may really kick yourself for missing out on this project. Maybe that is why you have shown so much interest in Predator to this point? That said, I hope you absolutely love the pins that come from the projects you are in on. Oh, and I thought we established that the BHZA will be a two year wait from initial deposit to delivery based on info JPop himself made available on update.

Quoted from iceman44:

delivery is upon us

Regarding WOZ no it's not until the first ones get shipped.

1 week later
#817 11 years ago
Quoted from Prkchpsndwiches:

I'd rather wait and see a BIG update with toys/playfield art etc.

Yea me too. I guess it's just hard for an afflicted pinhead to wait for their medicine. Cool avatar by the way.

PRED.jpgPRED.jpg

1 week later
#843 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Why does everyone panic if there's no update? Do you see daily updates from Stern or JJP here? Feel lucky that they talked with us and got some feedback and leave them poor guys alone

I got to agree with you there markmon. A lot of excitement about the project is all. I don't mind them focusing on the game because they have a lot on their plate that is for sure. There are a bunch of us rooting for Skit-B to make Predator an epic pin.

1 week later
#891 11 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

My understanding was they take 250 preorders. If 50 people drop out they only make 200

This is what Kevin said regarding drop outs while he was taking preorders a while back. They planed on making 200 so they took 250 preorders and figured the spots that dropped out would just be one less pin made. They were actively trying to get pre orders for a decent amount of time (longer then I thought it would take) so people definitely had and maybe still have a good chance to get in on it. Not sure if things have changed but glad they are hard at work on the pin and the project is moving forward.

1 week later
#917 11 years ago

Keep the faith, brothers

My faith never wavered my friend. Can't wait to see this beast in person. Man when I get the call from you to let me know production on mine will begin I will have to pop some champagne to celebrate! I am so excited for this pin. I know I sound like an absolute pinball fanatic but I can't help myself. Hope all is going well for the team.

#1006 11 years ago

Not to rain on the spinner parade. But early on spinners were discussed by Kevin and the community. He said they thought about it but it did not fit in right with the game in his opinion. The pop bumpers are already linked to the Gatling gun sound clip so I don't think we will be seeing any spinners on this machine.

#1012 11 years ago

Yea their focus right now is 100% on making the pin the best it can be. I'm glad they are dedicated to getting this bad boy out I can't wait to see what they come up with. There has been plenty of time to get in on the pre-order before this point. A fellow pinhead told me that he got in just last week so there is likely room for ya. Give em a couple weeks they will get back to you one way or another.

#1033 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

rather than buy a Tron pro or an older game such as LOTR or TZ (or whatever can be found in the $5K price range) so why Predator?

All those are classic games no doubt. The thing here is you get a very small run machine that looks to be a great player for a good value. If you want one in the future they will be almost impossible to find and probably way more expensive then what you would pay now. My main reason for waiting is I can pick up a Tron Pro, LOTR, TZ, and many other great machines at any point in the future. There were enough of those pins made that I am confident if I want one in the future I can get it. That is not the case with Predator.

All the people saying oh is that the one with no upper playfield, or spinning things ect... IMO extra mini playfields above or below are usually pretty basic and add very little to a pin (with a few exceptions). A pin can be fun without having the equivalent of 20 inch chrome spinning rims on it. So far from what I have seen gameplay wise it is a pretty open field not overly crowded (which I prefer) with two ramps and uniquely placed pops. Sometimes I like simplicity over some lame features like an extra mini playfield that breaks up flow and adds very little to the playing experience. Just my 2 cents okay maybe 3.

#1040 11 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Does anyone know if Predator's software will support coin op? I know it seems like it obviously should, but since it's based around a new platform I just wanted to be sure. I was planning to put mine in the coin play area at PPM.

The pictures on their site: http://www.skitbpinball.com/photos2.html show the front of the cab with 2 coin slots so I think it is safe to assume it will be supported.

#1052 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

games like Predator nipping at their heals

Ahh to each their own. I much prefer the open layout and dark theme of Predator so for me it will likely do much more than nip at anyone's heals. I am more excited about this pin then any other release due out within the next year.

1 week later
#1149 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

No idea i was just talking to him the other day and he briefly mentioned he had to get together with these guys to talk shop.

Thanks for the info. So it is safe to say he definitely hasn't started designing toys for it yet then Akuma?

#1159 11 years ago

I hear what your saying Drano. I'm gonna get a pin or two in the meantime and worry about selling something or having the cash for Predator when that time comes around. Before I was holding cash for months in anticipation but being a pinhead I am probably gonna need to turn that cash into a pin within the next week or two.

#1171 11 years ago

Get those flipper bats off my screen spfxted!!

3 weeks later
#1371 11 years ago

Thanks for the update sounds like things are coming together nicely! This project is so fun to watch unfold. Best of luck to all of the Skit-B team can't wait to play your creation!

3 weeks later
#1460 11 years ago

Okay guys lets stay on topic......If you give away our position one more time I'll bleed you real quite like..And leave you here.
Damn I just couldn't help it there are too many great quotes from this movie.

#23 out.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-pinball-at-michigan-pinball-expo?tu=the_dude_abides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.