predator_stang.jpg
th_avatar109503_22.gif
baf9_inevitable_betrayal.jpg
th_alien_0011.gif
dancing_fruit.gif
3_predator_rage.gif
hulksmile.gif
Demon_2.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#751 11 years ago

glad to hear there are still some to go around.

This will be the 4th pin for Arnold? (did I miss any)?

T2
T3
LAH
Pred

is there anyone with more pinballs themed for one actor?

I saw an old story said that Arnold had some pins in his home, not sure if this is true anymore this was 10 years old story.

#756 11 years ago

I was trying not to say anything until I make it to the pre-order list. But agree that I'd rather this take it's time and get it running great even if it means a delay.

I was thinking, if it would be possible for a powerball mode, like TZ, those have to be part of a mode, as in they are released at a certain time and captured put away, it wouldn't do for it to be out in the mix all the time.

I was just thinking how cool it would look if the powerball was glowing in the dark, like tracer bullets. Would look very cool, but may be difficult to work it into the game, It would be OK when the powerball is released to start a 'tracer mode' but the PB would have to be put out of the way and released so it was not just part of the rotation.

I would buy you guys a powerball if you wanted (if I get on the list) but I don't know how it would be implemented other than to say it would look cool as Sh!t.

#779 11 years ago

I've not heard back from Kevin, after PM and Email to get on the wait list. hope everythings OK.

#799 11 years ago

So, it looks like I made the list. So excited to see this game develop before our eyes. Not saying major companys are wrong, but I like this idea of having some personal imput or feedback with the creative team. Also like the little guy, garage project, yet could be a great home brew.

I may have missed it, has anyone here played the Predator demo? What do you think? How does it flow? Is it fast? How is the sound effects?

If you had to compare it to a major title, what would it remind you of? For example people say XMen would be a mash up of Tron + IM (just from the looks and maybe the shots or the magent locations).

#808 11 years ago

In the spirit of open exchange of ideas during creation of the Predator pin, I got to thinking if this will have a skill shot, if people like skill shots in the first place or not you can say so.

I got to thinking there are some skill shots such as TZ where you don't have to use it if you don't want to but the option is there so it doesn't hurt either way. This is a force applied shot in other words you pull the plunger less to get a weaker shot to go less far up the lane and I am not a big fan of this type of shot.

Then there is a complex mechanical skills shot on TOTAN which IMO was dumb or at least annoying and I could have done without but at least it is memorable but I'd pass on anything that overwrought but opinions may vary.

Then we have the simple timed shot such as T2 a machine which had a link to this pin something like a flashing sequence of lights where you have to time your shot to cross the flashing light doesn't seem to be too mechanically difficult and so may not add a lot of complexity or hardware. I believ CFTBL has a similar type skill shot. Let's say the plunged ball goes around the top loop to the left hand lane and ther is a flashing light that is alternating left- right- left- right you have to time the shot to reach the left light with the ball and like T2 it can increase in tempo as the game progresses so at first it's very easy to make but later on the tempo is quick and requires an expert shot. Of course if you make a hard shot you get a call out like "nice shot" or something similar from predator movie. If you make the skill shot an follow with a right loop you get a combo shot.

That's just one simple idea I came up with does anyone like that or have a better one?

Phil

#811 11 years ago

I have a few questions

What does hand painted art mean? Does that mean each playfield is painted by hand? What is the main benefit of hand painted art?

With its p-roc system, will people be able to create custom rules and share them with others?

Will there be any way to save a game in progress say after ball 1 you save where you are and can restart at that point much like you can save during a video game.

Any updates?

#814 11 years ago

I guess Kevin has gone into Predator stealth mode.

Or to take another movie theme, 'gone off the reservation', like Colonel Kurtz (from 'Apocalypse Now').

1 week later
#845 11 years ago

yea, just a post by Kevin to say "we are still here.." would be nice.

2 weeks later
#942 11 years ago

got my number #197

#1003 11 years ago

I'm not a big spinner fan. See how hard it is to please everyone?

#1011 11 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Guess he doesn't need any more buyers. I sent an e-mail but no reply. Vacation maybe?

Can take up to weeks for you to hear back, Kevin would tell you either way so don't get discouraged if you didn't hear right back.

#1021 11 years ago

I have a question for all you pre-order guys, how you think this pin will stack up against another pre-existing $5K pin?

For example at this time, Tron can be had for this same money XM a little bit less. Used TZ or CV or such would be in this price range also.

Could you guys give me some reasons why Predator is gonna be a better than those? I know one thing is the limited production is better (gonna be hard to find in the wild), the fact that Kevin is a pinball player who has a lot of good ideas, like he was saying: "if I was building a pin, I'd do this..." (something that the big guys, meaning Stern, may not do since they are set on an existing template and Stern probably does thing to the lowest cost, not saying they are cheap but if they had one method that would save a lot of money but isn't exactly good they would still do it for the cost, such as cheap lockdown bars on pro machines as one example).

If somebody asked you why you prefer to wait for a Predator rather than buy a Tron pro or an older game such as LOTR or TZ (or whatever can be found in the $5K price range) so why Predator?

I know some people will say the theme, meaning they would buy Predator if Stern made it. But for me theme is not the main reason to buy a pin. I mean the best theme in the world could be a bad pin and I wouldn't want it.

#1041 11 years ago

listen to this podcast (I believe it's on this podcast)

Kevin says that he had to modify the software so it would support coin-op.

http://www.spookypinball.com/http:/spookypinball.com/spooky-pinball-podcast-show-26/

#1048 11 years ago

sounds like predator is the anti-WoZ.

I think the two will be extremely different pins but IMO Woz is a great theme movie for a pinball machine with a lot of color and characters and goals that lend themselves to a beautiful pinball with flying monkey and melting witch etc..

Looking at the prototype Woz machine it is so bright and colorful and so bubbly that I can see why some people would not like it but if it plays as good as it looks it will be a heck of a game and the pinball future could be bright with JJP pushing Stren from the top and games like Predator nipping at their heals

#1077 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

My Mom was asking about from which perspective you played and watching the clips we came to the conclusion that you are probably playing the "movie" not either side. Seems from the sound bites, mode names (Unload, Hunt, etc...) that both perspectives have their own game play.

good point, the movie has both perspectives.

#1085 11 years ago

is it just me, or do people click on this thread to see if there is anything new with the game? Or just like ot see a bunch of gif pictures and whatnot? I see 5-10 new posts listed and I think there is some new info. lol

I know Kevin is around, it would be nice if he said if the pre-order is full or has some spots left, one way or the other. Also, I am not sure either what happens to the pre-orders that might drop out.

#1102 11 years ago

Ok let's not bump this post any more unless it has something to do with the actual predator pinball game.

Who's with me?

#1112 11 years ago

Ok, if you guys insist on bumping this therad at least answer my question, which is this...

If Stern was making Predator theme would you be buying?

Or if Skip-B was making a pin with another theme such as Commando, Road Warrior, Conan, Terminator one (etc..) would you be buying that?

In other words are you more excited by the theme (Predator) or by the team (Skip-B)?

1 week later
#1169 11 years ago

I hope Predator is farther along my guess is

Woz late 2012
Predator spring 2013
Bhza late 2013

Edit I have no real information about any of these pins just my gut feeling or guesstimate.

#1174 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

2012 is already too late for everyone's delivery.
As soon as you see the parking lot full of cars at the facility that the assembly will be taking place at, you know that you are 6 months away from the game rolling out.
You know that there will need to be forklift operators, people making wiring harnesses, assembling cabinets, soldering parts, sorting shipments, testing machines, cleaning glass, touching up paint, populating playfields, prepping boxes....
You guys can guess and speculate forever, or someone who lives nearby can drive past the facility once a week and watch for when all the workers get hired in.
Simple really.

Not trying to start a flame war, I was not talking about everyone's delivery just when the games will be out as in, I believe WoZ will be out in the next few months. No big deal either way to me, I am not getting worked up over any of these delivery dates, they will come when they come.

1 week later
#1208 11 years ago

IMO, this pin must be top secret to not be 'sold out' by now.

I mean, for no money to get on the list, I would have thought they could have sold out in a month or a week even.

Leads me to question:

1) maybe this game is not viewed as being worth $5K (unlikely as a Stern Pro cost near that).
2) maybe some people don't care for the movie or find it narrow of a nitch such as if a pin was done of the movie 'Under Siege' (small nitch) rather than 'The Avengers' (large following).
3) maybe people are sceptical the project is going forward (but if so, what's the risk of zero down?)
4) maybe no one in the outside world know about this project (my bet).

#1214 11 years ago

WoZ (sorry no offense) is a 100 times (not make that 1000 times) the movie of Predator.

Predator is cool it's got Arnold and Apollo Creed and Jessy the Body (etc..) but really it's not much of a movie more than has been does 1,000 times before and since.

IOW is not a 'time capsule' movie.

BUT WoZ (arguably) is one of the best (really hard to argue) one of the best movies. Probably top 10 (top 5) of all time.

WoZ has great characters, music, special effects, great story, is great for all ages. Really WoZ is a great adventure/fantasy movie on par with Star Wars, LOTR and Harry Potter.

PS, I said "no offense" at the start.

#1258 11 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

But honoustly, does anybody above 18 enjoy this movie?

Yes

I watch all kinds of movies probably over 50 a year and woz is one of the best ever made

#1272 11 years ago

King Kong no

The Godfather top 5 (some would say number 1)

#1313 11 years ago

I am going to put together a list of what I call 'guy movies' Predator is on that list but below two other Arnold movies.

I'll be back with the list.

#1314 11 years ago

I think there well be a hellalot of drop outs or people who try to sell their spots in line. Which I'd rather not see. If it only ends up being a 150 production pin that would be ok with me.

#1323 11 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

If Predator's on that list below anything, especially Arnold movies, don't bother.

Ok I won't bother was gonna be something likes this:
1 Predator
2-100 every other movie

1 week later
#1355 11 years ago

Labor day bump

Question: say they have pre-orders 1,2,3,4,5 ... 250 (all the numbers) then some people drop out here and there.

Say for example number 50, 97, 123, 185 (etc.) drops out. Would the numbers just skip or would later numbers for example 250, 249, 248 (etc..) be able to opt into the lower numbers?

I think, if possible, would rather have number sequence for example 1-200 with no skips (rather than number 1-250 but with 50 skips.

Thoughts?

Side note: say people drop out as the money is due, should other people (wait list) be able to pick those spots up or be transferred or sold (a-la WoZ spots)?

My wish is that the pre-orders are set and not sellable and if someone drops out the production run is just lower. However I would like to compress the skiped numbers so if 200 pins are produced there will be a set number 1-200 no skips.

I know the temptation is to say if people are on a wait list SkipB may as well build up to 250 to let more of the world enjoy the pin, but for me, the lower the production number the better have a rare pin.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-pinball-at-michigan-pinball-expo?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.