predator_stang.jpg
th_avatar109503_22.gif
baf9_inevitable_betrayal.jpg
th_alien_0011.gif
dancing_fruit.gif
3_predator_rage.gif
hulksmile.gif
Demon_2.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#145 12 years ago

I'm in for one

Great point Jason in the excitement of listening to Arnie call everyone a SOB I forgot that my thoughts of "this needs a couple spinners" was lost. A spinner on both sides of the orbit would be great, I think most if not everyone loves a spinner or two especially on a fast orbit shot so you can get those little babies spinning round like a carousel on crack.

I am also hopeful quotes like:
"bullshit"
"get to the chopper"
"ain't got time to bleed"
"stick around"
"you ain't afraid of no man billy", "whatever is out there ain't no man"
And of course in attract mode "this stuff will make you into a goddam sexual Tyrannosaurus ...... Just like me!"

Ok I've watched the film more than once.

#204 12 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

NewPinOwner said:polyestercowboy said:How about an Aliens machine next? Link the predator and alien machine together for head to head live two player VS action.
Not to incite any flames or take this too far off topic, but doesn't Fox own Aliens...? Then again, Fox prolly owns Predator, and well, he is kinda building a machine on that . I guess what I'm asking, would he have to pay fees for images/sounds/video in Aliens?
Aliens would be AWESOME. Not Alien3/Resurrection...Alien(s)!!!
I'm all in for game #2 as Ridley Scott's Alien

I'm right behind you on that! if pin number 2 is Alien or Aliens I'm IN!!!.

Quoted from Drano:

polyestercowboy said:How about an Aliens machine next? Link the predator and alien machine together for head to head live two player VS action.
Aliens vs. Predator. Love it!!!

No way! Alien vs Predator are horrible horrible films that managed to ruin 2 of the best franchises single handedly. Never want to see another AVP film or anything else associated with the crossover films/licence.

#205 12 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Seriously Skit your the best! Hope to meet you when I come to the states early June. Lol maybe we do a Dillon/ Arnie remake from the hut scene at the start of the film ROFL...
RGR!!!! SkitBPinball!!!!!! you son of a bitch!!! Whats the matter, the boy got you making too many pinballs??? Ok ok ok..... Dam I have to watch this film again tonight!!!

The original line so needs to be an Easter egg, possibly used if you drain with a terribly low score on the first ball? "you son of a bitch! What's the matter the boys got you pushing to many pencils?" What you think SkitBPinball??

#211 12 years ago

SkitBPinball said:
Admittedly it would be super cool to have all the balls launch out of those ejects directly into the bumpers all at once. Maybe we'll consider making this a setting or something? I can say right now that if it does get added into the game, having it set on tournament play will disable it automatically.
----------------------------------------------------------

Now you have said that I think this needs to be a must!! Even if it's only implemented on a 1player game I think it would be extremely awesome and satisfying to see the balls eject into the bumpers at once. As a wise bold man said "make it so!"

Also a quick question SkitB, during the end of Predator the predator sets of his mini nuke self destruct, is there any timed modes being implemented that utilise a countdown timer? Maybe a hurry up mode or something? I know it would be really tense if say a certain shot or shots needed to be made while the predator graphics where counting down with the same countdown sound fx from the end of the movie.

Either a mode or something I don't beleive has been done before (anyone feel free to correct me) if say a tilt is caused, put the game into blackout mode, with "predator" self destruct graphics on DMD or if they are featured on final playfield design and sound fx countdown, set shot or shots highlighted to allow player to make up for tilt and continue play on that ball??

#230 12 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

JonM said: if say a tilt is caused, put the game into blackout mode, with "predator" self destruct graphics on DMD or if they are featured on final playfield design and sound fx countdown, set shot or shots highlighted to allow player to make up for tilt and continue play on that ball??
That's a cool idea

Any thoughts on this Skit-B? And the hurry up/predator self destruct implementation I mentioned above? Real curious to know whether such a feature/mode might be included, the mini nuke self destruct scene at the end of predator is epic with the symbols counting down the sound fx and the predator doing his synthesised laugh taken from mac.

Btw UV lighting and paint is insanely cool, you guys are delivering one seriously cool pin.

#245 12 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

Wow, lots of stuff to answer this afternoon! I guess that's what happens after writing the amount of stuff I wrote last night
JonM said:Any thoughts on this Skit-B? And the hurry up/predator self destruct implementation I mentioned above?
It is a cool idea, for sure, but I can tell you that there isn't anything like this in the game right now. There is a unique hurry-up mode in the game, but it's not based on the armcpu nuke; it's based on catching the girl as she runs through the forest. The armcpu countdown in used in a few places as far as animations, and the Super Jackpot animation is from when the nuke goes off at the end. Recovering from a tilt is a pretty wild concept, to me, but it is interesting as hell... I wonder if something like this could be executed properly? Might take some really off-the-wall thinking to accomplish.

Any chance you might want to say steal that idea and add a arm nuke countdown hurry up? Just imagining the playfield going dark and having only the arm nuke graphics and it's sound fx counting down while a set shot/shots or combo is required would be extremely tense. Could possibly utilise the arm nuke explosion animation again here, maybe if mode isn't completed flippers are killed, if mode is complete we could get a mini wiz mode and see the clip from the end of the film with Arnie in the helicopter flying off - unless of course that's used elsewhere.

Well if you like the idea of the tilt recovery which I beleive would be a first, I've put a fair amount of thought into how it could be effectively implemented with a progressive difficulty to ensure it could not be exploited by certain skilled players, if your interested in the idea I'd be happy to email my ideas and if you want to use them feel free! Although as I type this both ideas have just merged into one in my head - what about making a tilt a mode? You tilt it activates the arm nuke countdown blackout mode I previously mentioned?? Will leave it with you but I'm happy to email some crazy out the box ideas.

#250 12 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Kevin,
Here is an idea for the engraving of peoples names in the apron. I for one don't want to buy a HUO Predator with someones name engraved on it.
What I think would really cool would be to engrave peoples name in the apron in Predator Language.
You can download the font here: http://www.jokerdesigns.com/thehunted/downloads/index.php and install it. Open MS Word and type out your name using that font. Pretty cool!
Or another suggestion would be instead of doing any names on the apron, just state the number. So for example you can spell out "Number 30" in predator language on the apron.
IMHO I think that would be so much cooler than having peoples names engraved on it.

M

I like that idea alot probably because it's the exact same idea I had and suggested to Kevin when
I pre-ordered last week. Great minds think alike jackal

#258 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

jackal2001 said:As much as I would love to order a Predator, I just can't. I only have room for one more pin in my collection, which is going to be X-Men.

Just know that when you do (& it looks like your already anticipating that) want to pick up a HUO Predator it's likely gonna cost you a pretty penny.

My feelings exactly after TFLE I wouldn't buy a NIB stern again no matter the theme and with the unlimited premium models it's even easier than ever to wait it out and see what they make compared to what they promised. I'm definately in for a Predator for several reasons, one of the best possible themes ever, some innovations oh and a company I genuinely want to support and feel great about giving my money to them for a quality product built on passion of pinball and love of the chosen theme.

#261 12 years ago

The plate is most likely going to be bolted onto the apron on the left side where a rule card would go. It will be easy to change or remove if you wanted to. Hell, you could even turn it over and have your new message engraved on the other side and none would ever be the wiser

Any chance it could be put on right side Skit? Would be nice to be able to put an instruction card in on the left like all my other games.

Btw do you plan producing a goodie bag with the game? Like a spare set of slingshot plastics and a key fob? Everyone loves a goodbag with a keyfob

#286 12 years ago

Skit-B logo side art suggestion!

Not sure what you and your team think Kevin or what everyone here will think but what about putting your logo on the backbox hinges? Get your logo CNC cut into the back of hinges similiar to the LE backbox hinges stern have done for their ACDC limited editions. Just a thought but it would be prominent at a good scale yet be completely seperate from the cabinet artwork. Could even put a colour plate behind it just like the acdc LEs to keep your logo true to form. I wouldn't mind paying a few dollars more on my pin for that to cover costs especially of you guys at Skit-B like the idea.

#291 12 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

The_Dude_Abides said:[] Looks like it's officially going public!
OK someone needs to make some more Video.

We need photos, videos and hands on impressions, I need as much info as possible this pin is like crack I can't get enough

#325 12 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

herbertbsharp said:I'd like to...see them ditch that wretched Comic Sans font on the DMD!
+10!!!
Glad I'm not the only one
It does not work with the theme AT ALL!

I'll second that, I beleive there is a predator font that's downloadable that would make perfect sense and fit the theme. There is also a predator text that would make for a great easter egg - say every year on the yearly anniversary of release of predator the pin switches from English Predator Font to Predator (symbol) text? But definately a predator font to match the back glass font would be great for the DMD.

#379 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Your policy of having all toys interact with either the ball or player is much appreciated Skit-B!!!

I'd like to second this, I can't remember the last pinball where all its toys/mechs actually interacted with the player/ball. POTC comes to mind but that's 2006, mayb csi would qualify aswell but wasnt that late 2007 early 08? So nearly 5 years of toys r us figures stuck on plastics without proper interaction/integration.

Cannot commend you enough for the passion and thought you guys are putting into this project. Potential for this too be the best pin in years IMO.

#390 12 years ago

Kevin have you and the guys at Skit B, settled on a final game over/match sequence yet? I like a good match/game over sequence so just wonder what scene you maybe using? "what's wrong the CIA got you pushing to many pencils?" hint hint

#392 12 years ago
Quoted from BigPhil:

JonM said:Kevin have you and the guys at Skit B, settled on a final game over/match sequence yet? I like a good match/game over sequence so just wonder what scene you maybe using? "what's wrong the CIA got you pushing to many pencils?" hint hint

Earlier in the thread, it's been confirmed that quote is being used when losing a ball. Not sure if it's for your final ball or just one of the random quotes for any ball.

Yeah I read that Phil I was referring more to the scene than the quote itself. Have the match numbers appear on Arnies bicep

#451 12 years ago

riggy469 said:I'm shocked you haven't mentioned here that Matt from Back Alley Amusements is going to be working on the toys!
Yeah, I'm a little behind on real updates here. Matt and I have been talking passively, and while we haven't come to terms on exactly what's going on, we know that something will definitely be going on. So yeah, Matt from BackAlleyCreations will be making the toys for the Predator!
While I'm on the subject of adding to the list of people who will be helping out with the project, there are a few more announcements to make.
I've spoken with Michael Pupo of Flipper Fidelity and he will be coming up with the sound system for Predator. An audio solution of this caliber is sure to get the neighbors' attention when you start the Showdown wizard mode.
Another announcement is that Marc and Paul from MacroSpecialties have gotten on board and will be providing Predators will all new parts sourced from industry standard spec. This means everything on your game can be ordered directly from Marco if you need a replacement, all of the intricate workings under your playfield will be as familiar as ever, and all of the parts will be just as tough and robust as you could expect.
Lastly, I'm not sure if he wants his name mentioned in conjunction with the project or not at this point, but a very well known supervising sound editor who has worked on the Predator series in the past has shown some sincere interest in working on the project. This is balancing on the question of if Fox will help us out with a few things, at the moment. More on this as it develops.

WOW I think that's all that needs to be said! You guys should get a knighthood for your efforts to pinball.

1 week later
#548 11 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

SkitBPinball said:BigPhil said:Just cancel his order to make my statement true please
I think I'll send a machine to your neighbor's house, instead. The name plate will say "Not Phil's, but real close!" What do you think?
Hehe, or maybe i could take delivery of both, play one to death and do my world famous 'stripper grind' on the other.

While your grinding and dancing Russo, how many potential UK buyers are there. I think I know of at least 4 including you, Phil and myself. I think we could all do with talking about a group shipment save ourselves some ££££ on shipping and import fees and the dreaded VAT, VAT alone makes me shudder more than you grinding in a bright green mankini

2 weeks later
#644 11 years ago
Quoted from Rick471:

Okay, is it me or could you use a really nice set of graphics of the cabinet sides instead of the huge word Predator??
Im not sayin, just sayin...
Says Predator 5 Times on it
Cabinet Sides 2
Cabinet Front 1
Speaker Panel 1
Translite 1
Too many???

Must admit I kinda thought that aswell but so far love everything I'm seeing so much I kind of told my brain to shut up

In my ideal world though for me it would be:
Backbox sides: Arnie on left, predator right with mask off.
Translite: Pretty much as it is but with entire team under predator I think currently it's only Arnie and one or two others? Can't remember without looking so please don't hold me to that.
Cabinet sides same art saves time and monies: Arnie and the whole team with predator above similiar to translite but as an Easter egg id have the two choppers from opening scene blended into background as "get to the chopper" is infamous in predator
Cabinet front: I'd have skit-b on the coindoor sticker, and Arnie and predator each side - maybe predator on left so his cannon can be lined up with red start button? And Arnie on right. Would also have predator across bottom of cabinet front.

1 week later
#688 11 years ago

I don't know about anyone else but I can't wait to see the artwork and UV effects. Hope all is well at skit-b and Kevin you are back to full health.

#704 11 years ago

Hi Kevin, any idea or timeframe as of yet on when you may reveal a sample or draft of the playfield artwork? Or do you guys plan on getting it completed first and finalised for a big reveal? Thanks again for all the info and updates.

#735 11 years ago

I dont think anyone is rushing them or even hinting at rushing. Just a few people asking for a peek at some art. I agree with everyone on this page of the thread Kevin you and your team take your time and make us one heck of a pin, but give us a teeny weeny peek at the art pretty please

#768 11 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

I am with you Drano...
I wanted to add it to my list but just couldn't since I don't have it at this point.

Add to wishlist, then once you get the game move it to your collection. I thought that was how it was supposed to work, wishlist prior to getting game then once you "have" the game move it to your collection? There's already half a dozen people with Predator in their collections and even more with Xmen.

2 weeks later
#824 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It really has gone very, very quiet......

Yeah i must admit I'm kinda worried I'm sure they are just busy but I know they where ridiculously busy before but Kevin was dropping by here and there, unless they are finishing it up and waiting for a big finished reveal, hopefully it is just that and we are all in for a nice surprise/reveal soon.

3 weeks later
#915 11 years ago
Quoted from goodgameslover:

No worry's! Just deliver an awesome pin and all is forgiven!

+1

Glad to see you post Kevin *sigh of relief* from many I'm sure who are waiting for you to blow our minds with awesomeness

UV playfield art....... Cannot wait to see that!

Post edited by JonM : Forgot to add my predator number!

#965 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

EDIT 2: Also, I am so late to the party, but, for a quick drain, "Not a thing. Not a fucking trace. No blood, no bodies... We hit nothing!" would have been awesome.

Draining without triggering a single switch hit would be a perfect place/time to use that. Kevin make it so!

#974 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Skit I have an awesome idea for the game if you want to hear but I am not sure how far into production it is...

Well? C'mon spill it!

#985 11 years ago

I read this like 5 minutes ago and I'm STILL laughing...

How about those inline spinners as a mod collectors pack Kevin? It's hard not to get excited and giddy about this pin. Nothing in life has been this hard to wait for its like being 10 all over again and waiting for Christmas knowing the toy you want badly is going to be under the tree

2 weeks later
#1152 11 years ago

That's good to hear Akuma, I think I'm gonna pull trigger on xmen and then of avengers hits I'll go for it of it ain't MB version 12.9 so next year gives me plenty of time to save and get my #5 predator aswell

Then I can save for SkitBs 2nd pin.... Alien

#1175 11 years ago

Okay quit with the mindless bumps, Kevin and team are working hard and giving us all a kick as pin and no amount of stupid bumping is going to make Kevin and team update this thread any quicker. The last 10 pages nearly now are all bullshit so it wouldn't surprise me if Kevrn/Skit B made an entirely new thread to reveal the playfield or toys or maybe they will go for a complete finish pin reveal. I hope Kevin and team have sold all 200 (250) spaces because the last 5-10 pages of this thread won't be helping them to do that if they haven't already filled up.

#1177 11 years ago

Iam very relaxed in fact my resting heart rate is low 60s, it's just getting abit of bore logging in seeing 40 new posts and having to read through and I dont mean to be rude pointless shit, I want an update as much as you man beleive me but this thread was a fountain of information that could be searched through with ease now it's half filled with bumps and fillers.

3 weeks later
#1391 11 years ago

I'm still dying to know about Artwork and those playfield toys, did you get in touch with Matt from BAC?

#1409 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Um, you are correct. It seems working 2 jobs, dealing with a pissy car, and my husband taking over the big TV for Plants Vs Zombies virtual pinball and football crap got me sidetracked. I'm not working this weekend, so I'll put it on my list of things to do.
1. Clean house.
2. Play pinball.
3. Watch freaking Predator 2.
Then again, this is surely way more important than a clean house. Probably need to move it up to #1.

You have been sidetracked but lets reflect upon this upcoming weekend:

1. Play pinball
2. Watch predator 1
3. Watch predator 2
If there is time 4. Clean house
Or 5. Get husband to clean house while you do all of the above!

Your welcome

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-pinball-at-michigan-pinball-expo?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.