predator_stang.jpg
th_avatar109503_22.gif
baf9_inevitable_betrayal.jpg
th_alien_0011.gif
dancing_fruit.gif
3_predator_rage.gif
hulksmile.gif
Demon_2.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider betelgeuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#669 11 years ago

#46 here! I think this game is going to be amazing. My friends and I still quote the movie regularly... handshakes accompanied by "you son of a bxtch!" and when people start declining additional beers at the end of the night "...bunch of slack jawed fxg&$ts around here!" How on earth are they not sold out already?

#673 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Congrats on getting on the list Betelguese I bet you friends are pretty stocked your getting a Predator. Can't wait to see what they come up with for the playfield art! I have a feeling it's going to look pretty bad ass.

Thanks! They had better be stoked. Most of them didn't even know about it before I told them. I'm looking forward to seeing some hand drawn artwork on a playfield for the first time in forever! The UV touches will set this game apart, visually.

Quoted from Teen_Wolf:

I wonder which will get more plays, Predator or Ghostbusters...

I am thinking Ghostbusters will seem like old hat by the time Predator comes out, but fortunately there's something fresh to hold everyone over in the meantime.

1 week later
#696 11 years ago

I can't wait to see the end result of a game made BY PLAYERS for players, using input from the community. I don't think this has ever been done before. As anxious as I am to see this game ship, I hope you guys take your time with this project and make it into something really special.

1 week later
#711 11 years ago

I love me some magnets, I hope there is at least ONE somewhere in the game.

#712 11 years ago

Any chance we can get Predator added to the Pinside database? WoZ and even X-Men are in there already.

#724 11 years ago

I received a response from Robin and forwarded on all the necessary information. We should have Predator in the database shortly!

#731 11 years ago

Agreed, give them time to do what they gotta do. No point in rushing a project with so much potential for greatness. I wouldn't be disappointed if they pushed back the estimated release 6 months if it meant a badass final product. Getting the game ready to have something to show is more important than showing it at this point.

Funny, I am out of town and got the itch to watch Predator last night. I don't have my copy with me, but thought it was on Netflix on-demand. I looked, but no Predator! I was dismayed, so I turned to the tv on to see what else was on and boom, Alien vs Predator! Not quite the same, but it took off some of the sting.

#734 11 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

A prime example is the woz pin, look how long its been

Fortunately it looks like Predator may actually be further along than WOZ, playfield art (applied) aside. This should give them plenty of time to sort out the finer details.

#750 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

Is that the evil dead basement?

"Someone's in my fruit cellar!! ...Someone with a fresh soooouuuullll..."

#757 11 years ago

Ladies and gentlemen, PREDATOR is now in the Pinside database! Thank you, Robin!

1 week later
#812 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What does hand painted art mean? Does that mean each playfield is painted by hand? What is the main benefit of hand painted art?

I am sure the art would still be screen printed onto each playfield, but it will be from a hand-drawn source image instead of a Photoshopped collage of stills from the movie.

1 week later
#825 11 years ago

Don't get me wrong, I have been an advocate of giving them time to get it right since the beginning. I am expecting some big reveal out of the blue with playfield art, toys etc. Still, going this long with not even a peep I would feel better with some affirmation or even a 'thumbs up' and a wink from SkitB.

Brian

1 week later
#865 11 years ago

Well, they did originally say they were planning to have a completed prototype at the beginning of June. If there is some major roadblock I would rather know about it so I can budget accordingly. I don't want to pass on other machines because I'm saving for a game that won't come out or will be a year behind schedule. That's all.

#867 11 years ago

I would, of course, expect delays on a project of this magnitude. I would just like some kind of update at this point is all. I'm not making any demands.

#878 11 years ago

That's all I needed to hear! Great news! Thanks, Todd!

#893 11 years ago

Well, maybe some guys can afford to drop 5-8k on a pin several times a year. For me, this is more like a once a year option. I likely can't swing any other *major* pin purchases while waiting for Predator. That's why I like to be assured that it's still 'game on'.

#903 11 years ago

I got onto their website without any issues.

http://www.skitbpinball.com/

#937 11 years ago

I would think anyone getting a reservation in now is 'high up on the list'. There can't be too many slots left. I think they estimated something like 12-15 machines built per week once they start production.

#966 11 years ago

I am amazed that there are still pre-orders to fill for this game. Stern seems to have no problem selling 500 LEs for $7k+ cash paid before there are even photos of the game. With Predator there is no financial risk and the game already looks solid and innovative. Do that many people really doubt the game will be made? Do they doubt it will be any good? What?

#1036 11 years ago

The theme is right up my alley. Predator is probably my favorite action movie of all time, with a nice dash of sci-fi/horror. I also like collecting rare titles that are good. While this game hasn't been proven yet, everything I have seen so far (including the philosophies of the creators), indicates to me that it will be at least decent if not stellar. Audio is also something very important to me in a game and nothing could draw me in more than the music, sounds and quotes straight from Predator. While everyone on pinside seems to have heard about the game, I am surprised at how many people I have talked to outside of here that don't know anything about it. If it is a hit, there will be a lot of collectors who missed the boat and these will surely become the next BBB, imho.

Brian

1 week later
#1120 11 years ago

I wouldn't be as jazzed about the game if Stern was making it and would likely not be on preorder despite my love of the theme. I know what to expect from Stern and I have a feeling that the passion and ideals of the SkitB team will result in something much more special. Additionally if Stern was making it, there would be thousands of units produced and the price would be nearly doubled.

Of course, it is possible Predator will end up more like Vacation America than Big Bang Bar. Only time will tell, but it's a risk I am willing to take.

Brian

4 weeks later
#1356 11 years ago

I know they had said that if someone drops out, their machine doesn't get built. Who knows if that's what they will end up doing when it comes down to it. It seems like it would be in their best interest to sell as many as they could. Also, wouldn't they have to bulk purchase many of the components at a set # before production begins?

As far as compressing the serial numbers, something tells me they won't mess with trying to do that. They will have their hands full even more so than they do now and likely won't want to mess with getting all their customers to accept different numbers for no really good reason.

btw, SkitB posted a second FB comment about a new 'Reveal Mode', which they are very excited about, just the other day. Hopefully it won't be long before they 'reveal' some new details.

-Brian #46

3 weeks later
#1450 11 years ago

I just saw this and had to share... It's a must see if you are a fan.

-Brian
Predator #46

#1498 11 years ago

I don't know, there MAY be some drops. When I got on board back in early May I just asked for the lowest available number and was issued #46. Now I see some newcomers getting lower numbers than that.
-Brian

#1500 11 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I thought I read on here somewhere that your number doesn't necessarily correspond to the order they are being produced. I may be wrong, I just thought I recalled seeing it. I'm number 84 and just got a number a few days ago. I don't expect it to be made before other people who were on the list longer, yet have a higher number.

You are correct, but I asked for the lowest available number.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider betelgeuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-pinball-at-michigan-pinball-expo?tu=betelgeuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.