th_avatar109503_22.gif
baf9_inevitable_betrayal.jpg
th_alien_0011.gif
dancing_fruit.gif
3_predator_rage.gif
hulksmile.gif
Demon_2.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 1,525 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 31.
#401 11 years ago

If the lenticular doesn't drive the cost up dramatically and it shifts the Predator's face from mask to open mouthed growl, I think that would be super cool. The Tron effect is cool, but much more subtle. If its a toss-up between lenticular translite or a laser... well, nuff said!

On the pre-orders, are you still sticking to 200, or do you think you're going to stretch it to a production run of 250 as previously mentioned? Glad to hear you're getting close to full!

#402 11 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

We aren't currently committed to any other shows at the moment, but we're always open to ideas.

Yeah come to the NW Pinball Show in Seattle in June!!! If possible..

#403 11 years ago

I say keep it non-gimmicky and keep the cost down!

#404 11 years ago

I'd rather see my money goes towards the game itself (i.e. cool toys) than the backglass.

#405 11 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

I'd rather see my money goes towards the game itself (i.e. cool toys) than the backglass.

agree %100, crazy backglass idea is great but I'd rather put my money on the playfield

#406 11 years ago

Please no 3d backglass; it is a waste of money and could be used much better in mechanics
just my 2 cents
derek

#407 11 years ago

Yeah, save the lenticular stuff for a Slurpee cup.

#408 11 years ago

No lenticular backglass, keep the money on the toys. I think the current backglass looks good.

#409 11 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Well said, have to go +5 on that. Its a cool idea but with a project like this I would prefer more effort and budget go to interactive toys, playfield art & lighting, quality control, and software. I personally dont care for the LE/premium/pro model. Just make an awesome playing pin with well thought out features at a reasonable cost add on a low production run and I am stocked. Make one model the best it can be and no one feels left out (except non owners).

If you all have the time and budget after doing everything you wanted in order to make this the best pin it can be then sure this would be a cool addition but if not so be it.

#410 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I personally dont care for the LE/premium/pro model. Just make an awesome playing pin with well thought out features at a reasonable cost add on a low production run and I am stocked. Make one model the best it can be.

Agree. When it comes to playfield features being added on upper levels, that just does not make sense to me. The one that I find really annoying is the extra clear. Install thebest functionality on all the games.

Dan

#411 11 years ago

Lenticular backglasses are cool, but who stares at the thing when playing? Save the coin i say...

Oh OH OHHH.. Im in! #99

'ol painless is waiting'

#412 11 years ago

I'm not for the Lenticular backglass. Could be neat, but I'd rather see money go toward things that will add to the game, and not cosmetic fluff. (And, I'd like to see the cost remain low...it can easily skyrocket when we all start asking for our own fanciful wishes).

Out of dumb curiosity...how much would it cost if an owner wanted to do it on their own and make a special backglass for themselves? If somebody wanted to arrange it so that they could produce their own and make a small run of 10 (or so) for their other Lenticular-Predator-Lovin' buddies....would that be feasible?

Pete

#413 11 years ago

When I suggested a lenticular backglass I didn't mean to take money away for anything else. If it's gonna add that much to the price... forget it. I just thought it would be cool to see the Predator face with those mandibles open in full roar. And, yes, the Backglass is the ooo & ahhh factor that attracts someone to the pin...or just nice to look at. Just my 2 cents.

#414 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

When I suggested a lenticular backglass I didn't mean to take money away for anything else. If it's gonna add that much to the price... forget it. I just thought it would be cool to see the Predator face with those mandibles open in full roar. And, yes, the Backglass is the ooo & ahhh factor that attracts someone to the pin...or just nice to look at. Just my 2 cents.

I agree too, but since none to very few of these will end up on location, the attraction value of a lenticular might not be as relevent.

#415 11 years ago

True. It would just be for anyone standing and watching the game.
I forgot about not many, if any, of these machines would be on location....

#416 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

SkitBPinball said:We aren't currently committed to any other shows at the moment, but we're always open to ideas.
Yeah come to the NW Pinball Show in Seattle in June!!! If possible..

+1, a long way but give the Pacific NW some love

#417 11 years ago

Can't wait to see the side art (and any other surprises) at Allentown!

#418 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

how much would it cost if an owner wanted to do it on their own and make a special backglass for themselves?

Truth be told, I have no idea. If someone is that into mods, then I would suggest they offer to make them for other Predator owners after they get one done.

Quoted from FatsoPilot:

Yeah come to the NW Pinball Show in Seattle in June!!!

Seattle is pretty far, as you said, but we're really considering it. We would almost need to drive out there, because I'm not going to trust the prototype to a shipper just yet, so there are a lot of variables involved in such a long trip. We'll see what transpires, I suppose.

#419 11 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

Seattle is pretty far

Agreed, you all should just come to California Extreme in July gives you more time, not closer but it would give the dude a chance to play it. Nah, in all seriousness you guys focus on making the best pin you can and I can wait to play it until it shows up in its box.

#420 11 years ago

Sorry for the back to back posts but I saw this thread needed one more comment to reach the 420 mark on 4/20 so I could not resist.

#421 11 years ago

Terry from Pinball Life gave you the highest kudos Kevin. He said y'all had enough energy to make them all by hand right there in the basement. High praise man. Take our money!

#422 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Terry from Pinball Life gave you the highest kudos Kevin. He said y'all had enough energy to make them all by hand right there in the basement. High praise man. Take our money!

Then next time you talk to Terry, tell him thanks for supplying over half of the parts to put the prototype together!

Sorry for the back to back posts but I saw this thread needed one more comment to reach the 420 mark on 4/20 so I could not resist.

Heheh nice. It's also George Takei's birthday today, so a big nerdy shoutout that direction, too

#423 11 years ago

I'm shocked you haven't mentioned here that Matt from Back Alley Amusements is going to be working on the toys! That's pretty awesome news!

#424 11 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

I'm shocked you haven't mentioned here that Matt from Back Alley Amusements is going to be working on the toys! That's pretty awesome news!

Holy Crap! Sweeet!

#425 11 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

.... That made my day and is simply awesome! Are you screwing with us Riggy?

#426 11 years ago

riggy469 said:

.... That made my day and is simply awesome! Are you screwing with us Riggy?

I would NEVER screw around with my Pinside peeps!

http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/forum/index.php?topic=333.msg4081#msg4081 BOOYAH!

#427 11 years ago

And I have no idea why I called it Back Alley Amusements! Back Alley Creations is more like it!

#428 11 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

I'm shocked you haven't mentioned here that Matt from Back Alley Amusements is going to be working on the toys!

Yeah, I'm a little behind on real updates here. Matt and I have been talking passively, and while we haven't come to terms on exactly what's going on, we know that something will definitely be going on. So yeah, Matt from BackAlleyCreations will be making the toys for the Predator!

While I'm on the subject of adding to the list of people who will be helping out with the project, there are a few more announcements to make.

I've spoken with Michael Pupo of Flipper Fidelity and he will be coming up with the sound system for Predator. An audio solution of this caliber is sure to get the neighbors' attention when you start the Showdown wizard mode.

Another announcement is that Marc and Paul from MacroSpecialties have gotten on board and will be providing Predators will all new parts sourced from industry standard spec. This means everything on your game can be ordered directly from Marco if you need a replacement, all of the intricate workings under your playfield will be as familiar as ever, and all of the parts will be just as tough and robust as you could expect.

Lastly, I'm not sure if he wants his name mentioned in conjunction with the project or not at this point, but a very well known supervising sound editor who has worked on the Predator series in the past has shown some sincere interest in working on the project. This is balancing on the question of if Fox will help us out with a few things, at the moment. More on this as it develops.

#429 11 years ago

Great additions guys. So excited to be in on the ground floor for this one. Putting in some kickass toys and sound will be awesome. The trick will be to integrate a really good central toy that isn't just a simple stationary toy with a target to bash. The best toys seem to not just be decoration, but actually integrate into the purpose or flow of the game. Good stuff...

#430 11 years ago

Man, the hits just keep on coming. I am really amped about this thing.

#431 11 years ago

Is there going to be a Fox series about this ?

#432 11 years ago

I have to say, I have not heard one response or comment from Kevin/SkitB on this project that I didn't absolutely love! Where have these guys been all my life? I hope their enthusiasm translates into huge success.

I also love how we're signing off with our #s now.

#433 11 years ago

Great news!

Oh sorry forgot.. #23 (is this going to be necessary every time I post in this thread?)

#434 11 years ago

Yes, you will.

#13 Predator. #1 in your heart.

#436 11 years ago

Has anyone started coming up with an acronym for the Predator yet? TP already got poo-poo'd for Tron pro (pun intended) for obvious reasons. Is this even necessary for single word titles?

#438 11 years ago

PRED

#439 11 years ago

Can't wait to play this in a few weeks!

#442 11 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

I knew Matt was speaking with them but I wasn't sure if anything happened or not......that's freaking awesome!!

Chris

#443 11 years ago

PTOR

Ehhhh no...

#444 11 years ago

Lots of good news coming,keep it up

#446 11 years ago
Quoted from toyboy6:

The trick will be to integrate a really good central toy that isn't just a simple stationary toy with a target to bash.

It really is tricky. The hard part is to not succumb to throwing every idea we've had into it!

Quoted from Drano:

I also love how we're signing off with our #s now.

At this point, would it be unforgivable to sign my posts, as well? Oh well, I'll do it just this once.

#447 11 years ago

So excited!

#448 11 years ago

PR #10

#449 11 years ago

There are 1,525 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 31.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-pinball-at-michigan-pinball-expo/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.