th_avatar109503_22.gif
baf9_inevitable_betrayal.jpg
th_alien_0011.gif
dancing_fruit.gif
3_predator_rage.gif
hulksmile.gif
Demon_2.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 1,525 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 31.
#151 12 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

herbertbsharp said:S.I.G.N. M.E. U.P.
Have to be one of the best films to make a pinball on. So many good one liners.

Agreed 100%! I loved the movie as a kid and just can't resist the temptation to get one. It will be the first NIB for me. I'm so glad all those quotes mentioned above are most likely gonna be in play they are all priceless! It's just got to have the sound bites from that hand cannon roaring.

#152 12 years ago

More quotes.

Son of a bitch is dug in like an Alabama tick.
Goddamn Jackpot.
Everyone likes a little pussy.
Come on in fuckers. Come on in... 'Old Painless' is waiting!
I've seen some bad ass bush before but nothing like this.
This shit's something. Makes Cambodia look like Kansas.
The only way outta here is that valley that leads to the east. But I wouldn't wish that on a broke-dick dog.
You're one ugly muther fucker!

#153 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

RGR said:herbertbsharp said:S.I.G.N. M.E. U.P!!! I REALLY would like to hear the Jesse quote: "Bunch of slack-jawed f@##0!s 'round here"!!!!!!

Agreed 100%! I loved the movie as a kid and just can't resist the temptation to get one. I'm so glad all those quotes mentioned above are most likely gonna be in play they are all priceless! It's just got to have the sound bites from that hand cannon roaring.

That's where a cool right orbit spinner would be cool and the Ventura rail gun sound mowing down the jungle

#154 12 years ago

Really cool game Kevin! Looking forward to seeing it at the Michigan show.

#155 12 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

The_Dude_Abides said:RGR said:herbertbsharp said:S.I.G.N. M.E. U.P!!! I REALLY would like to hear the Jesse quote: "Bunch of slack-jawed f@##0!s 'round here"!!!!!!
Agreed 100%! I loved the movie as a kid and just can't resist the temptation to get one. I'm so glad all those quotes mentioned above are most likely gonna be in play they are all priceless! It's just got to have the sound bites from that hand cannon roaring.
That's where a cool right orbit spinner would be cool and the Ventura rail gun sound mowing down the jungle

Got to agree with you there.

I think good lighting would definitely be appreciated by the player. I agree it's hard to tell from the video due to lighting conditions but I'm sure you all will make sure it has enough light before they go out. Sterns back row lighting really does a great job of lighting the play field while being out of direct view of the player. But please dont go Sterns route in making it so difficult to change LEDs in and out.

Love the hunt mode dimmed lighting that is a nice touch. A deep but intuitive rule set will help with lastability and an epic wizard mode would take it to another level. Hope it includes some music from the movie as well.

#156 12 years ago

PM sent SkitBPinball, y'all get it? Can't wait for this one, my (hopefully) first NIB!!!!!!!!!

#157 12 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

It's difficult to judge the overall response to what we've seen so far as the creator is present so mentioning negatives would be awkward. I'm genuinely excited about the whole project especially as a nearby pinbuddy is tempted to order one but there are also a few elements that don't light my fire as it were. Of course it's incomplete and in development but I'm wishing I could read a more varied opinion not that I'm saying that the people who like what they see don't.
I just don't think it's much of a 'discussion' thread if people are too polite to say anything negative. I'm genuinely interested and excited about new pinball development but a thread full of uniform praise and cold facts doesn't do it for me. I have thoughts which are varied - good and bad but I'm keeping them to myself after getting so much flak for similar comments about WOZ. Not so much here on Pinside but having the creator posting in the thread makes it a similar situation to the WOZ group.
I know... this is becoming a recurring motif of mine. Not being able to say what you really think in fear of upsetting others, either owners or makers. Just sayin'... again. MOAN MOAN MOAN etc
Does anyone get what I'm saying? Unfortunately, I don't really see a solution so it's probably pointless posting this...
Send post>>

Huh. Where have I seen this before?

#158 12 years ago

What attracts me to this machine so much is that these guys clearly know the theme. Build a machine that wrings every drop out of an already great theme, and you have something. I also love that the are obviously open to constructive concerns, like the VUK on ramp issue.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#160 12 years ago

Watch your glass walls, Chocky. Don't pay me any attention. That will only reduce the time you can spend moaning about pinball machines and telling everyone around you that they are being artificially nice and are mindless sheep. You have a big day of complaining ahead. Hope you carb loaded.

#162 12 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

It's difficult to judge the overall response to what we've seen so far as the creator is present so mentioning negatives would be awkward. I'm genuinely excited about the whole project especially as a nearby pinbuddy is tempted to order one but there are also a few elements that don't light my fire as it were. Of course it's incomplete and in development but I'm wishing I could read a more varied opinion not that I'm saying that the people who like what they see don't.
I just don't think it's much of a 'discussion' thread if people are too polite to say anything negative. I'm genuinely interested and excited about new pinball development but a thread full of uniform praise and cold facts doesn't do it for me. I have thoughts which are varied - good and bad but I'm keeping them to myself after getting so much flak for similar comments about WOZ. Not so much here on Pinside but having the creator posting in the thread makes it a similar situation to the WOZ group.
I know... this is becoming a recurring motif of mine. Not being able to say what you really think in fear of upsetting others, either owners or makers. Just sayin'... again. MOAN MOAN MOAN etc
Does anyone get what I'm saying? Unfortunately, I don't really see a solution so it's probably pointless posting this...
Send post>>

I'll tell you what I like: is that they have something to show before they start taking everybody's money.

It seems that everyone else wanted cash up front before there was ANYTHING to see. WOZ, Zombie Adventureland, Magic Girl...you get the idea.

Having something I can play, THEN order - that sounds like my kind of future of pinball.

#163 12 years ago

Lol how about a mini gun like on ACDC where it sprays out all over the playfield

Hmm I did have a great idea for this game a while ago. Have a T2/ACDC style gun on the playfield but have the lasers like the gun on the Predator. Then when It comes time to make a shot, the gun will point to the area where the shot has to be made. If the ball is there then all good, but if not........ SPLAT!

Out Derrrrrrrrr, in dem treeeesss!!!!!!!
I SEEEE YOU!!!!! lolololol
You set us UP! This is all bullshit, all of it!!!!
Maybe you should put her on a leash!!!

Lol gotta love this film..

Whilst we are on the subject.... When Arnie says "What the fuck are you", does the Predator say the same thing back??

#165 12 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Also, would like to see an interactive toy or toys with the ball. Is there more goodies to come ?

If were going to offer constructive critique (from what we've seen so far) this is one of the biggest question marks for me as well. It looks like a solid, possibly fast playing pin with a nice layout and some great, well thought out player-centric touches. The potential for killer "dark horse-style" artwork and a helluva nice (hand drawn) playfield is equally great. But, every modern game of any merit has had at least one or two great pf toys. I don't need to see them today, but I would just love to know that this game is going to have at least one signature toy. I don't see any indication of multiple playfields or any out of the ordinary physical features, so I would personally love to see something that is "cool to look at". If it's interactive and does something cool, all the better. Not a cheesy toy, but, you get the idea. The current whitewood does not give away the presence of any such feature.

Also, from an artistic POV, when I think of Predator, I either think of that dark horse comics graphic style, or I think of the jungle that is so prominent in the movie. If this environment could be brought to life in a 3 dimensional form in this game and not just graphically, I think it would be very cool. Rascal_H posted images and video of a game he got a few weeks ago that (IMO) captured this very well. It was a little known pre-DMD game called Special Force. Simple by today's standard, but it had "dirt" ramps and multi-level foliage in the form of tiered plastics that really brought the visual of a central American jungle to life. The whirlpool-style ramp under the chopper plastic and the programmed machine-gun firing of the pop-bumpers were other nice touches. I think that the design team on that game did a lot with very little and I think similar elements could work well in a game like this. Here's the post. Watch the video.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/special-force-my-raffle-win-video-and-pics

Aside from my earlier wonderings on how well the theme will be integrated into the gameplay and how deep the rule-set will be, that's my two cents for now.

#167 12 years ago

Yes I agree with the above poster. Are there gonna be any toys? One interactive toy would be great!

#168 12 years ago

Kevin, are you thinking about bringing the game to the Zoo?

Chris

#169 12 years ago

Good on you Skit8ball for taking the time to answer questions and getting people involved makes for a better peoples product.

Curious, and forgive me if this has already been asked / answered. As this is a pin based on an old movie, does that mean no license is required or still is required?

#170 12 years ago

Wizard of Oz is a very old movie and licensing is still required. As long as someone owns the rights (Fox in this case I think?) they have to be licensed for use in any format.

#171 12 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Wizard of Oz is a very old movie and licensing is still required. As long as someone owns the rights (Fox in this case I think?) they have to be licensed for use in any format.

But they are also using stuff from the new movie coming out this / next year, so similar but different.

#172 12 years ago

The WOZ book is in the public domain, so you could make as many pinball games as you like based on it, but the movie still requires licensing if you are using images/sounds/ect from it.

#173 12 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Drano said:Wizard of Oz is a very old movie and licensing is still required. As long as someone owns the rights (Fox in this case I think?) they have to be licensed for use in any format.
But they are also using stuff from the new movie coming out this / next year, so similar but different.

I didn't realize the pin had any tie-in from the new movie.
Just assumed it was all based on the original. And, as vid1900 pointed out, the rights for film footage, sounds etc, is rights protected... as are the likenesses of the actors/characters I would imagine.

#174 12 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

swinks said:Drano said:Wizard of Oz is a very old movie and licensing is still required. As long as someone owns the rights (Fox in this case I think?) they have to be licensed for use in any format.

I didn't realize the pin had any tie-in from the new movie... coming in July I think?
Just assumed it was all based on the original. And, as vid1900 pointed out, the rights for film footage, sounds etc, is rights protected... as are the likenesses of the actors/characters I would imagine.

I could be WRONG but heard a interview with Jack on Spooky a while back and understood that with the movie release it will aid in his sales plus there was certain graphics that had to be maintained by the licence holder - it could be a case of how I understood it or misunderstood it. My apologies if I am wrong.

Am curious about the predator especially using sounds clips etc.

#175 12 years ago

Well, there is also a new Predator movie coming this Summer. Coincidence???

#176 12 years ago

Props so far on the prototype, looks great! But it all comes down to the final art for me. Great game play is one thing but if I dont want to look at it theres no point in playing it. With that said though I am excited to see this as it looks very promising. Really digging the lights.
WOZ.....pshh, seriously that looks lame.
As some others had mentioned, it would be rad to see some original themed machines. I've been bumbed on all the newer movie themed machines, the Stern ones are so tame, generic and unappealing IMO.
However, Im feeling this one so far and wish I had the cashola to put my name in the bucket.

#177 12 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

one or two great pf toys.

Yea I agree, not sure it is in the plans since you are already so far into production but I am also curious if you will have at least one interactive toy. I can't think of many modern pins without one or two toys on the field somewhere. Love the idea to make the art and plastics immerse us in the Jungle or should I say "hot mess" environment.

I just think it is refreshing to have a pinball maker actually put it out there first and take in comments and even criticism like skit-b has in an effort to make the machine the best it can be it is unheard of (as vid1900 mentioned above). Something to be applauded IMO.

#178 12 years ago

Some sort of laser/noisy gun would be cool........

How will decals be applied?

Are you using B/W flippers?

Music - guessing the original score from the movie?

#179 12 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

More quotes.
Son of a bitch is dug in like an Alabama tick.
Goddamn Jackpot.
Everyone likes a little pussy.
Come on in fuckers. Come on in... 'Old Painless' is waiting!
I've seen some bad ass bush before but nothing like this.
This shit's something. Makes Cambodia look like Kansas.
The only way outta here is that valley that leads to the east. But I wouldn't wish that on a broke-dick dog.
You're one ugly muther fucker!

We're doing this again? Ok!
Son of a bitch dug in like an alabama tick - Check!
Goddamn jackpot - I need to watch the movie again, I have no idea how we missed this!
Everyone likes a little pussy - probably not
Old painless - Check!
Bad ass bush - Check!
Makes Cambodia look like Kansas - Check!
Valley to the East - Check!
Ugly mother fucker - Check, Check, Check!

Quoted from herbertbsharp:

PM sent SkitBPinball, y'all get it? Can't wait for this one, my (hopefully) first NIB!!!!!!!!!

Yep, we got it. There's a reply in your inbox

Quoted from gambit3113:

Watch your glass walls, Chocky. Don't pay me any attention. That will only reduce the time you can spend moaning about pinball machines and telling everyone around you that they are being artificially nice and are mindless sheep. You have a big day of complaining ahead. Hope you carb loaded.

I don't mean to laugh at something like this, but seriously, due to the avatar picture, how many of you read this in Samuel L. Jackson's voice??

Quoted from RGR:

Out Derrrrrrrrr, in dem treeeesss!!!!!!!
I SEEEE YOU!!!!! lolololol
You set us UP! This is all bullshit, all of it!!!!
Maybe you should put her on a leash!!!
Lol gotta love this film..
Whilst we are on the subject.... When Arnie says "What the fuck are you", does the Predator say the same thing back??

AGAIN?! Ok!
Out deerrr, past dem treees... - Check!
I SEEE YOU!!! - Check!
All bullshit, all of it! - Check!
Maybe you better put her on a leash, 'Agent Man' - Check! (One of my favorites)
Gotta be a stickler here, sorry Arnie says "What the hell are you?," to which the Predator replies with the same thing, only in a really weird, alien voice.

Quoted from Drano:

every modern game of any merit has had at least one or two great pf toys.

All I wanna say right now is that there is still more to see. Also, good job on bringing up the Special Force, as that is one of my absolute favorite pre-DMD titles. Using the extra side-buttons to fire missles at the drop targets was such an awesome touch and really set the game apart from others. Of course, the jungle-ish look is going to be prominent in Predator, as well, but not in that same style as the Special Force. Also, from what I've seen and heard from our artist, the playfield art style he is shooting for is very gritty-comic-bookish. We'll see what people think of the samples when I get them.

Quoted from Jetzxi:

Kevin, are you thinking about bringing the game to the Zoo?

Haven't talked to Kevin about it yet, honestly, but it's not like it would be difficult to make it there. Hopefully we'll be there.

Quoted from swinks:

does that mean no license is required or still is required?

It's complicated It's not like one of those open-domain things, or something like that, if that's what you're asking.

Quoted from Drano:

Well, there is also a new Predator movie coming this Summer. Coincidence???

In short, yes. This is the first I've heard of it. Predators was pretty good, if you ask me, so hopefully they do well with another one, as well.

Something to be applauded IMO.

We shall take a silent bow

#180 12 years ago

Seriously Skit your the best! Hope to meet you when I come to the states early June. Lol maybe we do a Dillon/ Arnie remake from the hut scene at the start of the film ROFL...

RGR!!!! SkitBPinball!!!!!! you son of a bitch!!! Whats the matter, the boy got you making too many pinballs??? Ok ok ok..... Dam I have to watch this film again tonight!!!

#181 12 years ago

Hmm bit of trivia: The guy who played the Predator is also the helicopter pilot at the end of the film..

#182 12 years ago

Watcin it myself tonight. "Goddam jackpot" said by Dillon looking through papers in hut early at the 27 minute 57 second mark made me laugh.

#183 12 years ago

Has Arnie or any of the movie stars placed a pre-order?

#184 12 years ago

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!!!!! #33 coming my way! Big thanks Skitb!!

#185 12 years ago

Thanks Kevin... Seriously! The level of interaction is great and refreshing to see.
Nice to have more enthusiasts designing and building machines.

Sorry I won't get to meet you guys at the show.

PS
I was obviously mistaken about the new film... Late night last night and too many drinks I guess

#186 12 years ago

Is there gonna be an option to turn off profanity? I have to ask when the small ones come over! If not they just dont play it.

Either way it's Miiiiiiiine!!!!

#187 12 years ago
Quoted from Rick471:

Is there gonna be an option to turn off profanity? I have to ask when the small ones come over! If not they just dont play it.

In one of the update videos I think I saw this in the settings menu. Pretty cool.

#188 12 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Rick471 said:Is there gonna be an option to turn off profanity? I have to ask when the small ones come over! If not they just dont play it.
In one of the update videos I think I saw this in the settings menu. Pretty cool.

That would be great! Check my new avatar lol!

#189 12 years ago

Watcin it myself tonight. "Goddam jackpot" said by Dillon looking through papers in hut early at the 27 minute 57 second mark made me laugh.

Funny stuff......I searched on demand for it last night but could not find it. Off to Wal Mart today for me I guess.

Chris

#190 12 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'll tell you what I like: is that they have something to show before they start taking everybody's money.

It seems that everyone else wanted cash up front before there was ANYTHING to see. WOZ, Zombie Adventureland, Magic Girl...you get the idea.

Having something I can play, THEN order - that sounds like my kind of future of pinball.

I agree. As much as I like the idea of ZA and MG, I'd have to see something, anything before I'd seriously consider putting money down on one.

#191 12 years ago

Looks very promising!

Keep on truckin Skit-B

#192 12 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

LMFAO

Sounds like the speech should be pretty sweet on this game!

I concur with the others. Regardless of the theme, I would never put a deposit down on something that I couldn't see/play first. Also, I second the suggestion of having at least one major toy on the playfield. I'm looking forward to seeing how this one turns out!

#193 12 years ago

Isn't that the point of a "pre-order"? You put your name down before its ready?

I appreciate the idea of seeing something before you "buy" it. But people also have to appreciate that nobody has actually bought BHZA yet. At worst, they've put down a fully refundable deposit in order to have an opportunity at something potentially great. I could be wrong, but WOZ worked in a similar fashion didn't it? I imagine owners got to see quite a bit of development from JJP before final payment was made. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I obviously prefer Skit B's approach. Just saying, it's not like people are dropping $8-$10k on pins sight unseen.

#194 12 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I obviously prefer Skit B's approach. Just saying, it's not like people are dropping $8-$10k on pins sight unseen.

To be fair, Drano, You're right. If you put deposit money down on ZA or MG, it basically gives you the right of first refusal until actual payments are required. That was my understanding of the terms of purchase for those pins.

#195 12 years ago

First off Skit, you are doing an absolutely amazing job. The sheer amount of work to do something like this - I cannot possibly imagine. Thank you for building this, and on an AWESOME license to boot. It is simply looking A+ so far.

I have one question I haven't seen anyone address yet - will any sound bytes be the Predator noises? Like the "hunting snarl" he always does, or whenever he gets hurt like in Predator 2 in the bathroom as he's healing himself? I am sure you guys are all over that, but I didn't hear it in the video, nor did I see anyone ask about it.

Man, I am really excited to see a pin being built from the ground up. I might have to do something nuts and save my money for this one.

#196 12 years ago

chocky909 - I've worked with brits my whole life and I get it. You like to intellectually challenge and debate. It's part of the fun - the art of the debate. No problem here fire away it's all good theatre. I think skitB is telling you squarely - fire away we're listening. So constructively, go for it my friend. No need to keep inciting others on the board who are getting irritated by not getting your intention, just share away on the board or directly to skit. Skit's reply was refreshing.

Skit - First, I applaud you and your team. Very cool. Loved the hunter mode. I also would love to know a major toy is in the game. Just seems we're programmed to look for one major toy. Also, didn't see any predator images in the dot matrix unless I missed it. I'm torn on pre-ordering as it's looks cool but don't want to mess you up I pull out as it gets closer if it doesn't fit my taste. Also, I applaud your comments on all proceeds go back into business and not for profit but at some point you have to draw a salary - right? Just thinking practically. I can't imagine handling this plus day jobs.

#197 12 years ago

How about an Aliens machine next? Link the predator and alien machine together for head to head live two player VS action.

#198 12 years ago
Quoted from polyestercowboy:

How about an Aliens machine next? Link the predator and alien machine together for head to head live two player VS action.

Wicked idea. +1

#199 12 years ago

Not to incite any flames or take this too far off topic, but doesn't Fox own Aliens...? Then again, Fox prolly owns Predator, and well, he is kinda building a machine on that . I guess what I'm asking, would he have to pay fees for images/sounds/video in Aliens?

Aliens would be AWESOME. Not Alien3/Resurrection...Alien(s)!!!

#200 12 years ago

Link the predator and alien machine together for head to head live two player VS action

Oh man, that would be insane! two pinball cabinets linked somehow? It'd be like a simultaneous 2 player game, and be SUPER wide body

There are 1,525 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 31.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-pinball-at-michigan-pinball-expo/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.