th_avatar109503_22.gif
baf9_inevitable_betrayal.jpg
th_alien_0011.gif
dancing_fruit.gif
3_predator_rage.gif
hulksmile.gif
Demon_2.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 1,525 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 31.
#801 11 years ago

Officially on the list! Haven't fleshed out a number yet, but I'm stoked for this pin. The guys behind it have been great. Now I just need to decide what pin to get in the mean time... JP, BH? Hmmm

#802 11 years ago

To me it has a vaguely similar layout to BSD and BSD is awesomely fast so one of the reasons I am on the list. Just waiting to see artwork and toys or toy. A magnet would be just great.

#803 11 years ago
Quoted from Prkchpsndwiches:

Officially on the list!

Same here!

#804 11 years ago

Got my number! #60!!!!

#805 11 years ago

Congrats #60 !

predator[1].jpgpredator[1].jpg

#806 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Great for the buyers, no doubt....and yes its much better for the buyer than JJP, but there is a reason people have ponied up all that dough......

I agree with this . . . I'm in for Predator and happy to be in, was a huge fan of Predator and collected some Predator stuff back in the day, but my one fear here is whether it will prove financially feasable as a project (especially without deposits), even as a non-profit project. One thing is for sure, these Skip guys love pinball and are putting their best effort into the project . . . and that is great.

#807 11 years ago

Got my number! #60!!!!

Congrats to No. 60! No. 37 here.

#808 11 years ago

In the spirit of open exchange of ideas during creation of the Predator pin, I got to thinking if this will have a skill shot, if people like skill shots in the first place or not you can say so.

I got to thinking there are some skill shots such as TZ where you don't have to use it if you don't want to but the option is there so it doesn't hurt either way. This is a force applied shot in other words you pull the plunger less to get a weaker shot to go less far up the lane and I am not a big fan of this type of shot.

Then there is a complex mechanical skills shot on TOTAN which IMO was dumb or at least annoying and I could have done without but at least it is memorable but I'd pass on anything that overwrought but opinions may vary.

Then we have the simple timed shot such as T2 a machine which had a link to this pin something like a flashing sequence of lights where you have to time your shot to cross the flashing light doesn't seem to be too mechanically difficult and so may not add a lot of complexity or hardware. I believ CFTBL has a similar type skill shot. Let's say the plunged ball goes around the top loop to the left hand lane and ther is a flashing light that is alternating left- right- left- right you have to time the shot to reach the left light with the ball and like T2 it can increase in tempo as the game progresses so at first it's very easy to make but later on the tempo is quick and requires an expert shot. Of course if you make a hard shot you get a call out like "nice shot" or something similar from predator movie. If you make the skill shot an follow with a right loop you get a combo shot.

That's just one simple idea I came up with does anyone like that or have a better one?

Phil

#809 11 years ago

How bout a tiny update? Whadda say Team Kevin!

#810 11 years ago

Teeny Tiny?

predator_animated_avatar_picture_14428.gifpredator_animated_avatar_picture_14428.gif

#811 11 years ago

I have a few questions

What does hand painted art mean? Does that mean each playfield is painted by hand? What is the main benefit of hand painted art?

With its p-roc system, will people be able to create custom rules and share them with others?

Will there be any way to save a game in progress say after ball 1 you save where you are and can restart at that point much like you can save during a video game.

Any updates?

#812 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What does hand painted art mean? Does that mean each playfield is painted by hand? What is the main benefit of hand painted art?

I am sure the art would still be screen printed onto each playfield, but it will be from a hand-drawn source image instead of a Photoshopped collage of stills from the movie.

#813 11 years ago

Just a bump to see if Skit-B might give us a little progress update?

#814 11 years ago

I guess Kevin has gone into Predator stealth mode.

Or to take another movie theme, 'gone off the reservation', like Colonel Kurtz (from 'Apocalypse Now').

#815 11 years ago

!

pred_light.gifpred_light.gif

#816 11 years ago

I'd like to see some updates as much as the next, but I'm in no hurry. I'm at the end of the line to get one made anyways. I'd rather wait and see a BIG update with toys/playfield art etc.

#817 11 years ago

I'd rather wait and see a BIG update with toys/playfield art etc.

Yea me too. I guess it's just hard for an afflicted pinhead to wait for their medicine. Cool avatar by the way.

PRED.jpgPRED.jpg

#818 11 years ago

Thanks Dude!

Watched all the videos again today. So pumped about Hunter Mode. Videos also mentioned secondary flipper buttons. Noob here, but have other pins implemented them?

Also 30 sec auto fire that coincides with the movie clip... Just sweeeet!

#819 11 years ago

I'm gagging for an update but on the other hand, I don't want to distract them from their work.

#820 11 years ago
Quoted from BigPhil:

I'm gagging for an update but on the other hand, I don't want to distract them from their work.

Same here.........I need my fix!!!!! But not really since I am assuming they are super busy on the game. It was just really fun in March and April with all the conversations going on.

#821 11 years ago

I am on the List but Kevin has not got back to me on what number is mine as of yet. Been about a month. Figure they are busy working on the machine so I am not going to bother them. Just waiting to find out what number is mine then wait a year for UV goodness.

#822 11 years ago

It really has gone very, very quiet......

#823 11 years ago

Shhhhhhhh!

th_alien_0011.gifth_alien_0011.gif

#824 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It really has gone very, very quiet......

Yeah i must admit I'm kinda worried I'm sure they are just busy but I know they where ridiculously busy before but Kevin was dropping by here and there, unless they are finishing it up and waiting for a big finished reveal, hopefully it is just that and we are all in for a nice surprise/reveal soon.

#825 11 years ago

Don't get me wrong, I have been an advocate of giving them time to get it right since the beginning. I am expecting some big reveal out of the blue with playfield art, toys etc. Still, going this long with not even a peep I would feel better with some affirmation or even a 'thumbs up' and a wink from SkitB.

Brian

#826 11 years ago

Nothing.jpgNothing.jpg

...#50

#827 11 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah i must admit I'm kinda worried I'm sure they are just busy but I know they where ridiculously busy before but Kevin was dropping by here and there, unless they are finishing it up and waiting for a big finished reveal, hopefully it is just that and we are all in for a nice surprise/reveal soon.

I feel the same way. Is there anybody out there? Kevin or Aaron, how is it going? Are we enjoying life?

I think you guys spoiled us in the past and now w just don't know what to do at this point.

How is James doing on the artwork?

Chris #4

#828 11 years ago

Kevin and Aaron are working and building I believe. I am sure all is well. I am looking forward to this more than any other pin coming out, and even though I love the X-MEN, I ordered Predator! Why? Because I met and spent time with Kevin and Aaron once, and I believe in them and they made me believe! No matter how distant they are or how long it takes, I will wait patiently and be excited for the result. Period.

#829 11 years ago

Every time I see this thread at the top of the forum, I think it's an update. ...and now I just did it to someone else!

#830 11 years ago

Yeah, it's very much a tease o_O

#831 11 years ago

...and again!

animated_predator.gifanimated_predator.gif

#832 11 years ago

Predator.gifPredator.gif

#833 11 years ago

Lol, yeah they should have Chris Hansen do some voice over work for the game

#834 11 years ago

Think I'll just go visit them to see if everything is ok. What you all think?

#835 11 years ago

What are you still doing here??

flash9.gifflash9.gif

#836 11 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Think I'll just go visit them to see if everything is ok. What you all think?

Take some pictures and or video! ! !

Oh and old as hell, but for those that haven't seen it. Joker over acts but overall good short film:

#837 11 years ago

Every time I see this thread at the top of the forum, I think it's an update. ...and now I just did it to someone else!

Me too! )(*$)(&#$(&*(#^$_(^QW*(&$(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#838 11 years ago

That is it.....I quit lol......

GravitaR, where is the update!!!

#840 11 years ago

I'll see them a week from Monday if all goes well. Will post what they let me then or the day after.

I'm kinda curious to see what's been going on as well.

#841 11 years ago

This has gone too quiet...

#842 11 years ago

Why does everyone panic if there's no update? Do you see daily updates from Stern or JJP here? Feel lucky that they talked with us and got some feedback and leave them poor guys alone

#843 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Why does everyone panic if there's no update? Do you see daily updates from Stern or JJP here? Feel lucky that they talked with us and got some feedback and leave them poor guys alone

I got to agree with you there markmon. A lot of excitement about the project is all. I don't mind them focusing on the game because they have a lot on their plate that is for sure. There are a bunch of us rooting for Skit-B to make Predator an epic pin.

#844 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I don't think anyone is in a panic. It is just a change of communication mood took place. We went from a very active thread with almost daily updates to basically a vacuum with nothing being discussed/announced about the pin. It's kinda like if your neighbor waves to you every day from his/her porch for like 6 months and then all of s sudden stops doing it. You kinda wonder, "What is up"?

#845 11 years ago

yea, just a post by Kevin to say "we are still here.." would be nice.

#846 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

yea, just a post by Kevin to say "we are still here.." would be nice.

Yea, this is my point. We should not expect a post from Kevin to say "we are still here". Of course they are still here. And we should be thankful that they posted anything at all and move on. They do not owe us their time to come here and make sure we all know they are still here. Instead, everyone should assume they are still here unless you hear differently. If I were them, I would be offended that people here felt that they needed to check in weekly in order to think they are not vanished. When there is something to report I'm sure they'll communicate it to us and probably in a new thread. Until then...

#847 11 years ago

Not sure I agree.

They came here and got a ton of pre-orders and communicated readily.

All it takes is a 2 minute posting to say 'busy, going well' or whatever. If there had been no communication here, then would not expect any but there was.

#848 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The fact that they where all over the message board for a while and the fact that they have completely dissappeard is strange.

Stern or JJP never where never as active as these guys where so I think its a different situation.

#849 11 years ago

It's a little bizarre that it goes from non-stop posting to nothing...the last post was three weeks ago showing a Duck Hunt mock up...

Maybe they are waiting for a big reveal soon

#850 11 years ago

The way they communicated was something different and very welcoming. It just seems strange that all of a sudden it's stopped. That's all I meant by my post.

There are 1,525 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 31.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-pinball-at-michigan-pinball-expo/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.