th_avatar109503_22.gif
baf9_inevitable_betrayal.jpg
th_alien_0011.gif
dancing_fruit.gif
3_predator_rage.gif
hulksmile.gif
Demon_2.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 1,525 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 31.
#751 11 years ago

glad to hear there are still some to go around.

This will be the 4th pin for Arnold? (did I miss any)?

T2
T3
LAH
Pred

is there anyone with more pinballs themed for one actor?

I saw an old story said that Arnold had some pins in his home, not sure if this is true anymore this was 10 years old story.

#752 11 years ago

Hah! Sorry about the Duck Hunt Gif!

Pred_Jung_02.gifPred_Jung_02.gif

#753 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

glad to hear there are still some to go around.
This will be the 4th pin for Arnold? (did I miss any)?
T2T3LAHPred
is there anyone with more pinballs themed for one actor?
I saw an old story said that Arnold had some pins in his home, not sure if this is true anymore this was 10 years old story.

Total Recall, however this never made it past a prototype stage, to bad as it looked like a cool idea & alot of fun.

#754 11 years ago

I agree with everyone telling these guys to take their time and get it right. There is a lot of work that goes into these machines, look at jjp and he is at least getting deposit money to help fund the development. My biggest request is to make sure the game has an awesome soundtrack. Music in pins is huge to many. I'm pumped to be on the list for this one!

#755 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I agree with everyone telling these guys to take their time and get it right. There is a lot of work that goes into these machines, look at jjp and he is at least getting deposit money to help fund the development. My biggest request is to make sure the game has an awesome soundtrack. Music in pins is huge to many. I'm pumped to be on the list for this one!

Well if you like the music in the movie you will like the pin music I think! That's what they are using.

#756 11 years ago

I was trying not to say anything until I make it to the pre-order list. But agree that I'd rather this take it's time and get it running great even if it means a delay.

I was thinking, if it would be possible for a powerball mode, like TZ, those have to be part of a mode, as in they are released at a certain time and captured put away, it wouldn't do for it to be out in the mix all the time.

I was just thinking how cool it would look if the powerball was glowing in the dark, like tracer bullets. Would look very cool, but may be difficult to work it into the game, It would be OK when the powerball is released to start a 'tracer mode' but the PB would have to be put out of the way and released so it was not just part of the rotation.

I would buy you guys a powerball if you wanted (if I get on the list) but I don't know how it would be implemented other than to say it would look cool as Sh!t.

#757 11 years ago

Ladies and gentlemen, PREDATOR is now in the Pinside database! Thank you, Robin!

#758 11 years ago

Time to add it to my wish list

#759 11 years ago

Woo Hoo, added to my collection

#760 11 years ago

I have to add too!! Thanks Robin!

#761 11 years ago

Thanks for putting it in the database for us Robin. I hope the art on this pin turns out to be wicked!!

Pred.jpgPred.jpg

#762 11 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Time to add it to my wish list

Cheers

#763 11 years ago

Dude! That's the kind of artwork we need!

alien_predator016.gifalien_predator016.gif

#764 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Dude! That's the kind of artwork we need!

That was awesome! I agree!

#765 11 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

Woo Hoo, added to my collection

How does that work?
I saw a few guys with XM already in their collections too.
It hasn't even been built yet, much less paid for?
Just sayin'

#766 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Thanks for putting it in the database for us Robin. I hope the art on this pin turns out to be wicked!!

If there is hand drawn art that looks like that . . . wow . . . talk about epic artwork!

#767 11 years ago

I am with you Drano...
I wanted to add it to my list but just couldn't since I don't have it at this point.

#768 11 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

I am with you Drano...
I wanted to add it to my list but just couldn't since I don't have it at this point.

Add to wishlist, then once you get the game move it to your collection. I thought that was how it was supposed to work, wishlist prior to getting game then once you "have" the game move it to your collection? There's already half a dozen people with Predator in their collections and even more with Xmen.

#769 11 years ago

Well I guess it matters how you look at it. I am in on the preorder so I figured I am not really wishing to have one. I haven't paid any money cause they haven't asked for any money. But I understand that you should have the pin before you put it in your collection argument too. If thats how its supposed to work then I will change it.

#770 11 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

Well I guess it matters how you look at it. I am in on the preorder so I figured I am not really wishing to have one. I haven't paid any money cause they haven't asked for any money. But I understand that you should have the pin before you put it in your collection argument too. If thats how its supposed to work then I will change it.

No biggie, but you don't want any bad mojo. Personally, I wouldn't want to jinx anything.

The last time I put a game in my collection before I had possesion of it... well, lets just say it never made it

#771 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

The last time I put a game in my collection before I had possesion of it... well, lets just say it never made it []

Yikes, well then just out of superstition I am moving it to the wishlist.

Although I have total confindence in Team Kevin!

#772 11 years ago

slightly off topic but I stumbled across this today.

The last 20 years has been more kind to some of the actors than others....

http://www.virginmedia.com/movies/features/where-are-they-now-predator.php

#773 11 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

The last 20 years has been more kind to some of the actors than others....

Actually, seems like most of them have done pretty well, with the exception of the guy who passed away and the one with the stalker.

#774 11 years ago

Man, Bill Duke looks EXACTLY the same!
I need to find out what that guy's eating???

#775 11 years ago

I realize it's all a matter of personal taste when it comes to graphic design, but I much prefer the helmeted Predator over the fanged lady parts looking face. I'm Hoping they stick to the helmeted look.

#776 11 years ago

Maybe i'm the only one but where is Kevin and how is this going to get done for the amount we are talking about........I realize this is "non-profit" but really?

#777 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe i'm the only one but where is Kevin and how is this going to get done for the amount we are talking about........I realize this is "non-profit" but really?

I have some concerns about the price point as well, hoping it doesn't mean a sparse playfield (aka Stern Pro like).

#778 11 years ago

Hey! My concern is different (not that it is better or worse than you guys). I care more about the production count. I mean yes I care about the end game result and don't get me wrong. I want a great game as much as anyone. What I mean is I think it can be a great game with 2 flippers instead of 3 or 4. Can be a great game with smaller or less artwork and/or toys. Can be a great game with a small dmd...with no magnet gimmicks...yada, yada. The game needs to flow no matter what and be fun...this can be accomplished with less "Stuff" in order to stay under that magical $5k threshold. Back to my concern. I really want my first NIB to be "Wanted" by others after I obtain it. A 250 production run and make no more would be ideal to me. Then if the game is good I (we) have something others respect us for having and will visit us more often to play it\ Oh...by the way, I do not mean that to sound like I am a pin flipper and want a low production number in order to offer me an opportunity to score some coins by selling later. Nope. If you knew me and seen my packrat lifestyle you would know I do not let go of things I obtain. Even though I admit I may not have much in life at 50 years old, what I have is mine and I tend to keep it That is me

#779 11 years ago

I've not heard back from Kevin, after PM and Email to get on the wait list. hope everythings OK.

#780 11 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

I have some concerns about the price point as well, hoping it doesn't mean a sparse playfield (aka Stern Pro like).

I'm just saying if Jpop can't do it on a small run without charging what he does how is Kevin gonna do it....I hope he can but I don't know how the numbers add up....

No deposit, nothing....what do you expect, I don't know...

#781 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm just saying if Jpop can't do it on a small run without charging what he does how is Kevin gonna do it....I hope he can but I don't know how the numbers add up....
No deposit, nothing....what do you expect, I don't know...

Seems they've put a lot of effort into it and are motivated to see it through, but with any small venture it doesn't take much to de-rail going in assumptions. For the price point I wasn't expecting a BHZA or WOZ featured pin...maybe I'm wrong on that.

#782 11 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

Seems they've put a lot of effort into it and are motivated to see it through, but with any small venture it doesn't take much to de-rail going in assumptions. For the price point I wasn't expecting a BHZA or WOZ featured pin...maybe I'm wrong on that.

But think about how hard this is for anyone with experience like Jpop and someone like JJP who is willing to take a loss to get things going....

And then there is "non-profit"...really?

#783 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

But think about how hard this is for anyone with experience like Jpop and someone like JJP who is willing to take a loss to get things going....
And then there is "non-profit"...really?

JJP has a significant amount of overhead due to mass producing several hundred units that skit b won't have. JPop also has a new facility because he envisions having a school/studio as well...more overhead. I also expect BHZA's BOM to be on the very high end $$$ wise. Also, factor out the "profit" margin. Having said that, under $5k seems pretty aggressive.

#784 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I've not heard back from Kevin, after PM and Email to get on the wait list. hope everythings OK.

Took two emails to Kevin to get a response. I was told there were a few spots left on the list and that he needed more info from me besides my e-mail(which he obv has at this point) to jump on the list. I provided that info and have not heard back since. I was told since I would be later on the list, no to expect a pin until next spring, which is fine by me.

Once I have my #, I will fell a lot better about all of it. I emailed a few more times to "check in" since then, but don't want to be too in their face about it... I know they are busy and have other responsibilities outside of Predator.

I haven't heard from him since 6/3. So don't worry if it's been a few days.

#785 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't see why you are concerned about it no risk on your part. I would rather they spend time getting it done rather than run every step by us.

Lets be happy with the price point given by Skit-B and hope they stick to it. There is no need to try to encourage manufacturers to raise their prices. Stern & JJP may just kill this momentum pinball has right now by cranking up prices on new pins making them unavailable to the vast majority of the population. I hope groups like Skit-B can find ways to bring us great pins at a great value now and in the future.

#786 11 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

JJP has a significant amount of overhead due to mass producing several hundred units that skit b won't have.

So where is the buy in or skin in the game with Predator?.....I love the theme, hope it works, but I wonder if he can take it to the finish line....but if no one has a dime on the line I guess it doesn't matter....right?

#787 11 years ago

I would rather they spend time getting it done rather than run every step by us.

TDA....what is the plan?.........its not risk on my part or anybody else......and I hope they get it done...but I'm highly skeptical...

#788 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

TDA....what is the plan?.........its not risk on my part or anybody else......and I hope they get it done...but I'm highly skeptical...

I'm skeptical about a WOZ theme but many are already on the hook for one. It's 7K for the base model and for what LCD clips of the recent crappy remake of a classic movie and LEDs? I am not so sure how 'groundbreaking' this pin really will be and IMO the art on it is off putting.

I would be also be more skeptical about a project 2 years out (BHZA) taking large deposits on 2 different projects from a team that has never built a pin together. Just sayin...

Quoted from kmoore88:

I'm Hoping they stick to the helmeted look.

You get that with the back box side art. If your doing a Predator your gonna probably have to have at least one shot of the Predator without the helmet IMO.

#789 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

....but if no one has a dime on the line I guess it doesn't matter....right?

And that's why I'm not worried about it or expect anything from them. Any time they post an update on Pinside is a nice to have.

#790 11 years ago

I'm skeptical about a WOZ theme but many are already on the hook for one. I would be more skeptical about a project 2 years out taking large deposits on 2 different projects from a team that has never built a pin together. Just sayin...

But.......delivery is upon us and they are accountable with deposits, etc....and not "2 years out"...

Let's see how WOZ, BHZA and Predator work out in the end...

#791 11 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

I'm not worried about it or expect anything from them.

If they deliver that's great....if not, no harm no foul......what is the business plan?

#792 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

....but if no one has a dime on the line I guess it doesn't matter....right?

True statement. But....but....realize that, while the customer business model is new and bold, should it work....YOWSA OMG! Princeton, Yale, Harvard, etc Business Professors will be discussing/teaching it! Mark my word! Now having said that. I also need to state that of course it is scaled down (enterprise size/risk/magnitude). Still, should it work it brings a whole new dynamic to not just pin sales, it brings a new dynamic to consumer spending period! Serious. Go buy $5k worth of living room furniture...$5k worth of home landscaping....$5k travel vacation cruise. Go try and do it with the business arrangement that you are "Locked In". Reserved! Do this...without risking up front capital...go try...uh huh...Skit B and company can really grab some headlines here if they pull this off and nobody gets hurt!

Jeeshhhh it is exciting...the model they are proceeding on. It almost feels like they are my next door neighbor and no worries. Yowsa...last Superbowl I paid $10 for a square and the girl, at the time, said I would get a printout sheet of the numbers the next day. She took off the next day...and the next one after that...lol...I was mildly freaking out that I likely lost $10 for good. 2 days before the Superbowl I finally received my sheet lol and I didn't win. My point is this business arrangement for almost $5k has NO STRESS! Why? Because Skit-B is doing something unheard of....

Harvard will be discussing this lol if it goes to the end as planned

#793 11 years ago

When is this going to be available to actually order? I think 200 units are going to go fast.

#794 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

Jeeshhhh it is exciting...the model they are proceeding on. It almost feels like they are my next door neighbor and no worries. Yowsa.

I agree....free and non-profit is good when you are the beneficiary....I would gladly pay up front to support this effort and theme....

#795 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

its not risk on my part or anybody else

Sorry I could of been less combative there ice. Your words here is the main reason why there is little to worry or complain about IMO. Nothing up front and if not one pin is delivered all that happens is we have some broken hearted pinheads with absolutely no financial loss. The very fact that nothing was asked for up front leads me to beleive that the are not trying to rip anyone off and that they want to do things how they think is right and fair. I could care less about there business plan since all that will come of it if not delivered is cash saved by me to spend on machine of my choice.

I think in the end you may really kick yourself for missing out on this project. Maybe that is why you have shown so much interest in Predator to this point? That said, I hope you absolutely love the pins that come from the projects you are in on. Oh, and I thought we established that the BHZA will be a two year wait from initial deposit to delivery based on info JPop himself made available on update.

Quoted from iceman44:

delivery is upon us

Regarding WOZ no it's not until the first ones get shipped.

#796 11 years ago

They aren't collecting anything until your game is started. Half then, then the balance when your game is completed. Zero risk until your own game is on the line. Compare that to Jack holding on to 100% of your money for WOZ for how long now? With no clue as to when your game will go into production? What am I missing here?

#797 11 years ago

!

jacksonoz.gifjacksonoz.gif

#798 11 years ago

That looks like an awesome theme Samuel L. Jackson Vs. The Wizard of Oz, or maybe Samuel L. Jackson as Oz.

#799 11 years ago

So, it looks like I made the list. So excited to see this game develop before our eyes. Not saying major companys are wrong, but I like this idea of having some personal imput or feedback with the creative team. Also like the little guy, garage project, yet could be a great home brew.

I may have missed it, has anyone here played the Predator demo? What do you think? How does it flow? Is it fast? How is the sound effects?

If you had to compare it to a major title, what would it remind you of? For example people say XMen would be a mash up of Tron + IM (just from the looks and maybe the shots or the magent locations).

#800 11 years ago

I think in the end you may really kick yourself for missing out on this project. Maybe that is why you have shown so much interest in Predator to this point?

I really love the Predator theme! Its one of my favorite movie runs of all time and the pin could and should be awesome...I just can't get every pin that comes out, I just don't know how they can do it this cheap but I hope its great......

Quoted from gambit3113:

They aren't collecting anything until your game is started.

Great for the buyers, no doubt....and yes its much better for the buyer than JJP, but there is a reason people have ponied up all that dough......

And I believe I pointed out how ridiculous I thought it was for JJ to go to E3 with a half a** effort and having to show the video on the iPad.....that's terrible, and totally disorganized at the NW show...but who knows what's going on behind the scenes...that said, I still believe it will be an epic pin....

There are 1,525 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 31.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-pinball-at-michigan-pinball-expo/page/16?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.