th_avatar109503_22.gif
baf9_inevitable_betrayal.jpg
th_alien_0011.gif
dancing_fruit.gif
3_predator_rage.gif
hulksmile.gif
Demon_2.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 1,525 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 31.
#651 11 years ago

Deadset I would buy this game just for the service of getting back to people on this forum directly with updates etc. Top work

#652 11 years ago

The world will wait, Kevin.
Rest and recover.
I'm taking a painkiller in your honor!

Art

#653 11 years ago

Get better soon

Great to hear of some 'extra modes'

Here is link to long tall sally.........sounds like a frantic multiball??

#654 11 years ago

Why dont you strap this on your sore arse Blaine... (hope thats the right spelling)...

#655 11 years ago

Excellent news regarding the music. It just wouldnt be Predator without Alan silvestri's masterpiece.

Hate getting teeth pulled, but am quite fond of what the nice dentist gives me in return. Hope you get well soon Kevin.

#656 11 years ago

So hoping someone in AU buys this, would love to give it a shot. Skit once this gets released will it be likely that PAPA have one on location???

#657 11 years ago

When you get better, let me know what you think of my earlier post for the side art. Predator...helmet off, mouth open, arms outstretched, chest up.

#658 11 years ago

I hope they stick with the side art they have now, just remove all the Skit B's except for the coin door.

#659 11 years ago

It's not so much the SkitBs as it is the word PREDATOR appearing like 6 times

#660 11 years ago

Skit B I sent you a PM when you get a chance

#661 11 years ago

any chance the SKITb team might be making it out to CAX this year in santa clara, ca??

here's hoping the answer is YES

#662 11 years ago

Sounded to me like they were done with shows for a while and getting back to producing the game.

#663 11 years ago

Got through all my emails again this morning. Again, if you sent me a message and haven't gotten a response, please email me again, as the message was likely lost. Thanks!

#664 11 years ago

One question that is important for me is concerning decals.

I am guessing it will not be feasible to screen print onto cabinet?

Stern have just started adding something to the legs to stop bubbling of decals around legs and wondering if you have any thoughts re application of the decals??

#665 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I am guessing it will not be feasible to screen print onto cabinet?

Not really, no. Screen printing onto the cabinet would be terribly expensive and would push production time through the roof for us. Part of the big bag of goodies will be a standard black set of leg protectors though.

#666 11 years ago

I like big bags of goodies!

#667 11 years ago

Awesome, can't wait to see the final setup!

#668 11 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

simonakapw said:I am guessing it will not be feasible to screen print onto cabinet?
Not really, no. Screen printing onto the cabinet would be terribly expensive and would push production time through the roof for us. Part of the big bag of goodies will be a standard black set of leg protectors though.

Might be quite good if the decals were trimmed away at the corners so that the legs don't ever touch the decal at all. Still include the leg protectors, but seen so many decal horror stories now.

#669 11 years ago

#46 here! I think this game is going to be amazing. My friends and I still quote the movie regularly... handshakes accompanied by "you son of a bxtch!" and when people start declining additional beers at the end of the night "...bunch of slack jawed fxg&$ts around here!" How on earth are they not sold out already?

#670 11 years ago

Congrats on getting on the list Betelguese I bet you friends are pretty stoked your getting a Predator. Can't wait to see what they come up with for the playfield art! I have a feeling it's going to look pretty bad ass.

Quoted from system11:

Might be quite good if the decals were trimmed away at the corners so that the legs don't ever touch the decal at all. Still include the leg protectors, but seen so many decal horror stories now.

I have heard that soft padded material or felt pads (possibly in conjunction with pincab protectors) offer the best protection for cabs that have decals. I have no idea if this improves durability but here is a photo regarding what system11 is talking about:
Decal_Cut_out_for_leg_area.jpgDecal_Cut_out_for_leg_area.jpg

#671 11 years ago

Can't wait to play Predator at Betelgeuse's! I wonder which will get more plays, Predator or Ghostbusters...

#672 11 years ago

I am in just waiting on my number to be assigned.

So excited to see this unfold and for the price I have no idea how they are not sold out already either.

Robin can we get a sticky on this thread?

Thank you

#673 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Congrats on getting on the list Betelguese I bet you friends are pretty stocked your getting a Predator. Can't wait to see what they come up with for the playfield art! I have a feeling it's going to look pretty bad ass.

Thanks! They had better be stoked. Most of them didn't even know about it before I told them. I'm looking forward to seeing some hand drawn artwork on a playfield for the first time in forever! The UV touches will set this game apart, visually.

Quoted from Teen_Wolf:

I wonder which will get more plays, Predator or Ghostbusters...

I am thinking Ghostbusters will seem like old hat by the time Predator comes out, but fortunately there's something fresh to hold everyone over in the meantime.

#674 11 years ago
Quoted from system11:

seen so many decal horror stories now.

I've personally seen some decal 'nastiness' with a Transformers LE around the legs on the front of the cabinet. I personally think that having the graphics go all the way to the edge and using leg protectors will be less of a risk, honestly.

#675 11 years ago

Didn't they address the decal leg wrinkle issue with AC/DC?

#676 11 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

Didn't they address the decal leg wrinkle issue with AC/DC?

Hopefully. Time will tell, I suppose.

Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Robin can we get a sticky on this thread?

I say we shouldn't sticky this thread, in particular. I'm going to make a new thread with all the relevant info right in the first post so people don't have to dig through this monstrous thread to find information. That being said, what information do you guys think is relevant enough to be included in the post?

#677 11 years ago

Information needed to sign up for pin.
Hunt Mode video.
Payment options.
Playfield artwork to interact with UV light.
Player controlled diverter.
The fact that this pin is going to be under 5000 dollars.
The fact that you can stack multiballs.
The fact that you have the license.
The fact that there is a Wizard Mode.
The fact that Marco is gonna be the supplier of parts.
The fact that the playfield artwork will be hand drawn.
The fact that cabinet art is gonna be decals.
The fact that skit-b is listening to pinside and providing answers to our questions.
Who's making the toys?
Who's doing the sound?
A photo of the cabinet and backbox.
A sample of the artwork.
Order the predators are being made and shipped.
The fact that this is going to be one of the coolest pinballs.

#678 11 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

I say we shouldn't sticky this thread, in particular. I'm going to make a new thread with all the relevant info right in the first post so people don't have to dig through this monstrous thread to find information. That being said, what information do you guys think is relevant enough to be included in the post?

I second this. Let's start over fresh with a clean thread.

#679 11 years ago

Hmmm I like that this is such a huge thread. Shows the amount of interest in this game

#680 11 years ago

Vester has a good list some other ideas are what type of boards your using, that parts will be readily available if needed, and a picture of the artwork

#681 11 years ago

Art, art, art. Man, I want to see some art already!!

#682 11 years ago

I'm curious about being able to add a shaker motor still, I thought I remember reading that it would be coded into the pin but not physically installed.

#684 11 years ago

Compatible with Stern's shaker...or something they will have made just for Skit-B?

#685 11 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

I'm curious about being able to add a shaker motor still, I thought I remember reading that it would be coded into the pin but not physically installed.

Kevin said a while back they would code for shaker (Shaker used on Sterns) and run wiring to front. I think it is a great idea for this theme. Shaker will not be installed or included. Probably be a good idea to add that info to new post as well. Not sure if this has changed but I hope not.

#686 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Nibbles said:I'm curious about being able to add a shaker motor still, I thought I remember reading that it would be coded into the pin but not physically installed.

Kevin said a while back they would code for shaker (Shaker used on Sterns) and run wiring to front if we wanted that. I think it is a great idea for this theme. Shaker will not be installed or included. Probably be a good idea to add that info to new post as well. Not sure if this has changed but I hope not.

Yes indeed, I remember asking them about the shaker and he said it will not come with one but he didn't see any issues with adding the code for it.

Chris

#687 11 years ago

Hey skit-b any new updates to report? Hope you are back to full health!

#688 11 years ago

I don't know about anyone else but I can't wait to see the artwork and UV effects. Hope all is well at skit-b and Kevin you are back to full health.

#689 11 years ago

Thanks for all the well-wishes, guys. I'm back to normal now, for the most part, and have been working on quite a few things with the game's software. I'll do a video update pretty soon showing everything when it's up and working right (well, at least right enough to show properly), but I'll share a bit here real quick.

Login system is being revamped quite a bit. We had mentioned the idea to a couple guys in Allentown, but now the updated stats viewer is becoming a reality. When you check your personal user stats, you can now check TWO users side-by-side for direct comparison / bragging rights. This will likely cause fights, but it's pretty cool to be able to do

Tracking mode now stays in UV for the duration of the mode, and there has been some serious sound / music manipulation to add to the ambiance of the mode.

Reveal mode has been completely changed. Originally, it chose a set series of shots you had to make in order to complete it, but it just felt too much like the Tracking mode. Not to mention once you knew the pattern, it got a little boring. The 'theme' of the mode remains the same, but the mode has now become an Add-A-Ball. When the mode is started, another ball is thrown into play immediately, and every time you hit the two lock targets in the middle, another ball is added. After 15 seconds, balls are no longer able to be added. While the mode is active, ramp shots are worth a set score plus a value multiplied by how many balls are in play. Mode is over when you're back to one ball in play.

Triggering Hunt mode now stops all other music and sounds from playing while you try to take your shot. Helps to focus a lot better, and gives the mode more of the feeling we were shooting for when we thought it up.

A few of the Wizard Points achievements have been rearranged, and a few of them have been omitted or replaced.

New easter eggs have been added!

The biggest update comes in the form of a new mini-wizard mode that I had hinted towards in another thread, and those of you who talked to us at Allentown may remember me saying that we had just thought up a big addition to the game on the drive there, and this is it. This is a huge addition to the overall game, both physically and on the software end. We're still working on the finer details of how this works, but there are going to have to be at least six new lamps placed on the playfield, and maybe even one more at every major shot, as well. I'm not going to say too much here yet, as we're still working on it, mentally, to make it all come together, but I'll give you the really important notes that you're probably wondering.
-This is another 'passive' mode, so you can access it and / or work towards it at any time.
-Yes, that means it's another stackable multiball, also.
-The mode is activated by making general shots on the playfield a set number of times.
-Playing the mode requires more thought than raw skill.
-That's all for now

#690 11 years ago

Skit what are the chances that this game will be available to play in Seattle or PHOF in June??? Thanks for the update btw... Love your work!

#691 11 years ago

Hi guys! Are you still thinking of removing / changing (to you know what!) the 2 targets directly in front of the flippers?

#692 11 years ago

Very cool! Love the side by side user comparison and the add a ball in reveal mode. Mini Wizard mode being passive sounds like a great idea so glad to hear its officially gonna have one. Many more lamps on the playfield is music to my ears nothing better than a well lit playfield with hand drawn art. Thanks for the update been chomping at the bit for more info.

I'm also wondering if you repositioned or separated the two lock targets that were in the center. Also how hard is it to make the right loop never saw it made on the videos so far?...Guess well just have to wait till you get some things ironed out. Hope all goes well for you and the team.

#693 11 years ago

Kevin, Great update. We are all still listening, waiting and watching North of the border. All the progress sounds great. We will continue to observe restlessly.

Let us know if there is a new thread in the works. All suggestions sound good so far. Lots of copies of Predator coming up here, and still counting north of the 49th parallel.

Looking forward to it with all the same enthusiasm as Allentown.

#694 11 years ago

I kinda don't want to know any more.....but I do. If you know what I mean

I want surprises!

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#696 11 years ago

I can't wait to see the end result of a game made BY PLAYERS for players, using input from the community. I don't think this has ever been done before. As anxious as I am to see this game ship, I hope you guys take your time with this project and make it into something really special.

#697 11 years ago

Thanks for the update skit-b! It's coming alone nicely!

#698 11 years ago

Hi Kevin,

very good to hear tht you are feeling better again and regarding your updates.
Looking forward to see new video or pics if time is there

Pat #22 / #244

#699 11 years ago

Pat...did you order two Predator machines? (ref the #22 & 244)

PBD # 90

#700 11 years ago

Greedy Bastid!

There are 1,525 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 31.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-pinball-at-michigan-pinball-expo/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.