Forum Topic

Predator Pinball at Michigan Pinball Expo

13
Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders. Click the star to add it to your favorites.

By SkitBPinball

3 years ago


Stats

  • Started 3 years ago
  • 1525 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Jetzxi

Find posts in this topic

Show only posts in this topic that match certain words or are written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!


Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.


This topic is closed.

There are 1525 posts in topic. You are on page 11 of 31.
#501 3 years ago

500!
I don't see this thread slowing down much right into production. Might break a record

I finally picked up the movie and watched it again last night after not seeing it for probably 10 years! Couldn't stop thinking about this game through the whole film.


#502 3 years ago

Hey Kevin! Please tell me that one of the callouts will be, "I ain't got time to bleed."

Dan #42


#503 3 years ago
MrWizzo said:

Hey Kevin! Please tell me that one of the callouts will be, "I ain't got time to bleed."
Dan #42

SkitBPinball said:

I ain't got time to bleed - check!


#504 3 years ago
The_Dude_Abides said:

MrWizzo said:Hey Kevin! Please tell me that one of the callouts will be, "I ain't got time to bleed."
Dan #42
SkitBPinball said:I ain't got time to bleed - check!

Missed that. Thanks, Dude. I feel better now.

Dan


#505 3 years ago

Will there be a Get to the Choppa!!!! Wizard Mode? Would be cool.


#506 3 years ago

I don't think any wizard mode has been discussed yet?
I guess they have to keep a few things up their sleeves or we might all lose interest


#507 3 years ago

Lol how about put some cables on the PF and catch the ball throwing it in the air in a net


#508 3 years ago

Any thought of having wireform habitrails (any color) back to the inlanes instead of the plastic forms?
My reason is the plastic will probably break/scratch over time.


#509 3 years ago

pm sent skitb


#510 3 years ago
Drano said:

I don't think any wizard mode has been discussed yet?
I guess they have to keep a few things up their sleeves or we might all lose interest

SkitBPinball said:

I've spoken with Michael Pupo of Flipper Fidelity and he will be coming up with the sound system for Predator. An audio solution of this caliber is sure to get the neighbors' attention when you start the Showdown wizard mode.

I've heard the wizard mode is pretty intense.


#511 3 years ago

The original inovations look great and should add to gameplay.
Where are the targets though.
I am on the fence but like alot of what I see.
The lack of targets to me will hurt the stayability factor that they are wanting. (I see the 2)


#512 3 years ago
Shoot_Again said:

The lack of targets to me will hurt the stayability factor that they are wanting. (I see the 2)

I can understand why you would bring this up. It may be nice to have some targets on the left side of the playfield which would add to the shots available to the right flipper. That said, LOTR does not have many targets at all and it has great lastability so for me it's not a make or break it type of thing. Would be nice to have something additional to shoot for on that left side of the playfield though.


#513 3 years ago
MrWizzo said:

Please tell me that one of the callouts will be, "I ain't got time to bleed."

I'm looking for a place to add in the follow up "you got time to duck?" at the moment

kwiKimart said:

Will there be a Get to the Choppa!!!! Wizard Mode? Would be cool.

The Wizard mode is based on the final showdown between Dutch and the Predator (hence the name Showdown, which I'm not sure has been mentioned here or not).

Drano said:

I don't think any wizard mode has been discussed yet?
I guess they have to keep a few things up their sleeves or we might all lose interest

This is on the community, at this point. I promised myself I wouldn't show off any WizMode footage until I've seen someone outside of the shop make it there first. Maybe we'll see at Allentown

loren3233 said:

Any thought of having wireform habitrails (any color) back to the inlanes instead of the plastic forms?

I doubt it, at this point. Wireforms are extremely expensive to have fabricated, and we don't want to use an existing ramp from another game just to get stuff cheaper or something. The material we will be using on the final ramps will be MUCH sturdier and more robust than the ones you've seen on the whitewood so far, so that should help a bit.

Shoot_Again said:

pm sent skitb

Got it

The_Dude_Abides said:

I've heard the wizard mode is pretty intense.

Lots of talk about Wizard Mode, all of a sudden... I'll explain a bit of it, but I'm gonna keep the visuals under wraps for a bit longer, sorry 4-ball multiball with 30 seconds of ballsave timer, then the mode ends when all but one ball ends up in the trough. All shots (ramps, loops, ejects, etc) are worth a decent value, and add 5M to the Showdown Jackpot which is collected at the Jungle hole. When collected, the jackpot resets back down to it's starting value. Lots of visual and audio going on as well, of course. I think it makes for a very familiar-yet-fresh wizmode: Total chaos that only the most skilled of players will be able to truly control. As far as when you'll see it, you guys gotta earn it! Would you really want to see the wizard mode on the internet, as opposed to in your gameroom??

The_Dude_Abides said:

It may be nice to have some targets on the left side of the playfield which would add to the shots available to the right flipper.

This kind of falls under the same category as the spinner discussion earlier in the thread. Targets are cool, but for the software and ruleset, they just weren't necessary. The targets in the center are obviously important as they are used to light locks, but other than that, there really isn't much reason to add any more. In nearly all of the rubbered-off areas are switches to add nominal point values and sound / lighting effects, so it's not like it's just dead bounces there, as well.


#514 3 years ago

Just knowing a good wizard mode exists is enough. I wouldnt want any spoilers


#515 3 years ago

this is awesome


#516 3 years ago
SkitBPinball said:

Lots of talk about Wizard Mode, all of a sudden.

Just a couple of notes here on Wizard-stuff.

Be careful making it too incredibly hard. I've seen Kevin play before...he's a lot better than most of us, and I don't want to see the wizard mode become largely unattainable.

I'm a big fan of "tiered" Wizard-ish modes. Like, have something big and rewarding that a reasonably skilled player can get to in order to feel a sense of accomplishment...and have something above that for the wizards to shoot for.

For example: On TRON LE...I can get to Sea of Simulation every once in a while. I feel a sense of accomplishment when I get that far. I've NEVER made it to Portal (dang close, but just couldn't seal the deal). So...I've got an intermediate goal (SoS), and a larger wizard goal to shoot for (Portal).

Same with Monster Bash. I can get to Monster Bash (light all monsters) and feel like I've done something cool. Once in a blue moon, I may get to Monsters of Rock (all instruments)...and feel like I'm champ of the world.

Ditto for LoTR. I can get to Destroy the Ring and feel like I've accomplished a "wizard-ish" mode, but haven't seen Valinor. I can still play the game and leave it feeling like I've done something cool.

Here's the bad example: Avatar. There was no "mid-range" Wizard thing to shoot for. You have to complete everything, and you have to do it all in a single ball. For the most part, that was largely unattainable for any regular player. Heck, my wife was able to get to Monster Bash, Destroy the Ring and Sea of Simulation....and it was the greatest thing in the world for her. She has that chance...and it may only happen 1 out of 100 games for her. Something like Avatar's final challenge wouldn't happen for her if she played it 1000 time.

Sorry this is getting long. What I'm trying to say is that I hope there is a "mid-range" goal to shoot for in Predator. Something that I have a chance to do in 5 to 10 games...and I can walk away feeling good about myself. Keep the wizard mode hard enough that I might see it at SOME point (1 out of 100 games)...but not so ridiculous that I'll never, ever see it (ie: Valinor).

Pete
#14


#517 3 years ago
SkitBPinball said:

Would you really want to see the wizard mode on the internet, as opposed to in your gameroom?? [:-P]

Glad you are keeping this underwraps, I want some suprises and unknowns when I play it:)

#34


#518 3 years ago

I just realised that if we are to play as the Predator, then the showdown will inevitably lead to our death. Of course, dying whilst setting off a decent sized nuke and laughing maniacally suits me just fine....haha.

#99


#519 3 years ago
SkitBPinball said:

Would you really want to see the wizard mode on the internet, as opposed to in your gameroom??

No way. It's just exciting talking/speculating about it no need to give us anymore info on it. I agree if you want to see/play it then earn it!

SkitBPinball said:

mode ends when all but one ball ends up in the trough

I like how in SM you can continue shooting in the wizard mode even with one ball left. Having to keep at least two in play while trying to complete wizard mode will definitely add to the challenge.

#23


#520 3 years ago
markmon said:

Just knowing a good wizard mode exists is enough. I wouldnt want any spoilers

Perfect.

pmWolf said:

Be careful making it too incredibly hard. I've seen Kevin play before...he's a lot better than most of us, and I don't want to see the wizard mode become largely unattainable.

Thanks, Pete In all seriousness, though, the wizard mode isn't terribly hard to get ahold of. It's true that I am a competitive player, but it's not like I can just dial-in the wizard mode on this game like a Demolition Man or Addams Family. On Shadow, which I've had in my house for a little over a year now, I can reach the final battle about half the times I play, if I'm really shooting for it. With Predator, it's about the same, so far. If I want to simply run the modes out by cradling through the mode timers and being "cheesy" about it just to get to wizard mode, it may be something like 60% of the time, or so. If you were trying to do everything on the machine in one game, though, you would have to be a much better player than I am. Maybe on my best day I could come fairly close, but seriously, good luck...

Russo121 said:

I just realised that if we are to play as the Predator, then the showdown will inevitably lead to our death. Of course, dying whilst setting off a decent sized nuke and laughing maniacally suits me just fine....haha.

This guy gets it


#521 3 years ago
SkitBPinball said:

pmWolf said:
Be careful making it too incredibly hard. I've seen Kevin play before...he's a lot better than most of us, and I don't want to see the wizard mode become largely unattainable.

Thanks, Pete In all seriousness, though, the wizard mode isn't terribly hard to get ahold of. It's true that I am a competitive player, but it's not like I can just dial-in the wizard mode on this game like a Demolition Man or Addams Family. On Shadow, which I've had in my house for a little over a year now, I can reach the final battle about half the times I play, if I'm really shooting for it. With Predator, it's about the same, so far.

That's good to hear. I think Shadow is a good level of challenge. I was concerned that Predator might end up being a chore to play like LOTR and TSPP can be. I own both games and this is true for me, please no one get your panties in a bunch over that statement.

Dan


#522 3 years ago


#523 3 years ago

I am sure you have some cool easter egg ideas...... correct?


#524 3 years ago
Jetzxi said:

I am sure you have some cool easter egg ideas...... correct?

There are 2 coded in there right now, and many more going in. Likely not accessible by button codes, though; they will be in other spots within the game.


#525 3 years ago

Quick note: We're going to be on the Spooky Pinball Podcast on the first!


#526 3 years ago

Skit bud. Did you get my PM reply to your last PM with all my personal information? I did not hear back yet and just want to make sure I am on the list with a #! I have wife approval so I do not want anything to go wrong at this point. I am so looking forward to this game! Please let me know man!

Tx and peace!


#527 3 years ago
pmWolf said:

Here's the bad example: Avatar. There was no "mid-range" Wizard thing to shoot for. You have to complete everything, and you have to do it all in a single ball. For the most part, that was largely unattainable for any regular player.

That's not true. If you complete a mode in Avatar - the insert flashes and stays lit for the rest of the game. So, if you complete modes, you can still get to the Final Battle on another ball. If you just play the modes but don't complete them, then yes - you'd need to get them all lit on one ball for Final Battle.

#42


#528 3 years ago

I may have missed seeing this, but how is game code expected to be updated post release?


#529 3 years ago
kmoore88 said:

I may have missed seeing this, but how is game code expected to be updated post release?

Here is what Skit-B has said regarding this:

SkitBPinball said:

herbertbsharp said:@ Do you plan to release 'power pack' or code updates after shipment to resolve any issues and or enhance gameplay?
I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned before. In production units, the game settings, high scores, user files, and even game code are going to be stored on a small flash memory device (most likely a microSD card or the like). If anything major comes up as far as bugs or software hiccups, or even certain updates to rules / scoring, code will be patched and we will just send out a new memory stick with the new software on it. When you get the chip in the mail, it's as easy as taking the old one out and swapping it with the new one and turning the game back on. If you don't want to wait and have a bit of tech skills, the option to update the card manually will most likely be offered, as well.


#530 3 years ago
Rarehero said:

That's not true. If you complete a mode in Avatar - the insert flashes and stays lit for the rest of the game. So, if you complete modes, you can still get to the Final Battle on another ball. If you just play the modes but don't complete them, then yes - you'd need to get them all lit on one ball for Final Battle.

True, but I'm going to stick to my original statement of: "For the most part, that was largely unattainable for any regular player."

I think I was only able to get the insert to flash for the Amp Suit and Link multi-balls, and never completed the other modes. Losing your progress for non-completion seemed needlessly difficult for that game....

Pete


#531 3 years ago
kmoore88 said:

I may have missed seeing this, but how is game code expected to be updated post release?

I think that's actually I'm this thread. Something about mem card being mailed to users and *perhaps* allowing downloads for users that are more advanced.


#532 3 years ago

Thanks.


#533 3 years ago

I had a few friends over at the weekend playing my pins. One of them said "It would be amazing if there was a Predator pinball machine"

I filled him in, giving him all the details. Only 250 being made, etc.....didn't tell him I'm on the list for one. None of them know. It'll be a total surprise!


#534 3 years ago
Pinballdad said:

Did you get my PM reply to your last PM with all my personal information? I have wife approval so I do not want anything to go wrong at this point

PM sent. Emails have been coming in from all over the world by the bucket load, but I'm slowly getting to all of them. Wife approval is not something that should ever be taken lightly

BigPhil said:

didn't tell him I'm on the list for one. None of them know. It'll be a total surprise!

You were the first kid in the neighborhood with a Nintendo, weren't you?


#535 3 years ago
SkitBPinball said:

BigPhil said:didn't tell him I'm on the list for one. None of them know. It'll be a total surprise!
You were the first kid in the neighborhood with a Nintendo, weren't you?

We're in different leagues here. I'll be the only guy with a Predator Pinball within 100 miles!


#536 3 years ago

Get to da choppa


#537 3 years ago
BigPhil said:

SkitBPinball said:BigPhil said:didn't tell him I'm on the list for one. None of them know. It'll be a total surprise!
You were the first kid in the neighborhood with a Nintendo, weren't you?
We're in different leagues here. I'll be the only guy with a Predator Pinball within 100 miles!

I live less than 30 miles from you Phil....lol.


#538 3 years ago

I saw that Charlie mentioned you would be on the podcast tomorrow.


#539 3 years ago

OK, I'm just a little confused, is 'Long Tall Sally' in the game or were you playing it in the background during the videos?


#540 3 years ago

SkitB,

Are you allowed to mention if "all 200-250" Predator orders are filled with potential buyers and you are now sold out?


#541 3 years ago

My friend got one a few hours ago...He said they were close


#542 3 years ago
Russo121 said:

I live less than 30 miles from you Phil....lol.

Foiled, again...

Jetzxi said:

I saw that Charlie mentioned you would be on the podcast tomorrow.

Yeah. It was really fun, I can't wait to hear how it turned out!

herbertbsharp said:

OK, I'm just a little confused, is 'Long Tall Sally' in the game or were you playing it in the background during the videos?

That's definitely the game you're hearing. We know better than to tease people with Little Richard...

loren3233 said:

SkitB,
Are you allowed to mention if "all 200-250" Predator orders are filled with potential buyers and you are now sold out?

We will certainly let everybody know when the pre-orders are all taken. So yeah, not yet


#543 3 years ago
pmWolf said:

Rarehero said:That's not true. If you complete a mode in Avatar - the insert flashes and stays lit for the rest of the game. So, if you complete modes, you can still get to the Final Battle on another ball. If you just play the modes but don't complete them, then yes - you'd need to get them all lit on one ball for Final Battle.
True, but I'm going to stick to my original statement of: "For the most part, that was largely unattainable for any regular player."
I think I was only able to get the insert to flash for the Amp Suit and Link multi-balls, and never completed the other modes. Losing your progress for non-completion seemed needlessly difficult for that game....
Pete

Well here's something else to consider - Avatar DOES save your mode progress...so - if you don't complete a mode to get it flashing, when you play it again - you start where you left off. Also - Hitting a lit Eywa captive ball always gives you more time. Make sure you hit Eywa while in a mode and you're more likely to finish it on the first go.

It's not as horrifically difficult as you think. Much more "friendly" than Iron Man, which has a similar wizard concept....but Iron Man and Drones are nearly impossible to get flashing.


#544 3 years ago
SkitBPinball said:

Russo121 said:I live less than 30 miles from you Phil....lol.

Foiled, again...

Just cancel his order to make my statement true please


#545 3 years ago
BigPhil said:

Just cancel his order to make my statement true please

I think I'll send a machine to your neighbor's house, instead. The name plate will say "Not Phil's, but real close!" What do you think?


#546 3 years ago

LOL

I think it to be classic =-)


#547 3 years ago
SkitBPinball said:

BigPhil said:Just cancel his order to make my statement true please
I think I'll send a machine to your neighbor's house, instead. The name plate will say "Not Phil's, but real close!" What do you think?

Hehe, or maybe i could take delivery of both, play one to death and do my world famous 'stripper grind' on the other.


#548 3 years ago
Russo121 said:

SkitBPinball said:BigPhil said:Just cancel his order to make my statement true please
I think I'll send a machine to your neighbor's house, instead. The name plate will say "Not Phil's, but real close!" What do you think?
Hehe, or maybe i could take delivery of both, play one to death and do my world famous 'stripper grind' on the other.

While your grinding and dancing Russo, how many potential UK buyers are there. I think I know of at least 4 including you, Phil and myself. I think we could all do with talking about a group shipment save ourselves some ££££ on shipping and import fees and the dreaded VAT, VAT alone makes me shudder more than you grinding in a bright green mankini


#549 3 years ago

VAT won't be any different for the container as it's rated on the total price.

The shipping cost though should be a lot less

#21 (and probably just about 100 miles from you!)


#550 3 years ago

So.....UK pre orders so far...

BigPhil
Russo121
JonM
johngravenews

And another two from pinball info. PW & Si.

So that's six that I know of. Skit would give us the exact number though

Although, they're being manufactured the way they were pre-ordered, not lowest number to highest. I ordered early on but I don't mind holding out till all the UK pins are manfactured together. Anything to save a few quid



There are 1525 posts in topic. You are on page 11 of 31.

This topic is closed.