• 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th.jpeg
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

Paypal cannot legally keep all the money within that account either that would stealing to, if they want to be in a lawsuit I guess they could try. If they wanted to pull their fees off thats one thing and something I agreed to pay when I signed up for predator.

#52 9 years ago

Paypal has long been identified as not playing fair. Just search google. Don't trust them at all.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

For the love of gawd people... do this... but MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DRAINED YOUR FUNDS FROM any personal PAYPAL accounts and DE-LINKed your bank account from paypal.
Don't think for a moment that paypal will take these dollars lightly - they will use ANY inmoral path(s) available to screw you the consumer. There are many a story were paypal took $$$ from personal accounts of the creditcard owner after a charge back. IE they got a chargeback from credit card co A... and trace it down to paypal account b... and took money from that account and/or linked bank account. YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS with paypal... they use any and all means to collect any money they loose. It's not a FDIC insured bank... infact not a bank at all. I don't even think they are listed as a financial institution.
At best expect your Personal Paypal account to be frozen (even if you didn't use it for the Predator order)... any funds you'll probably never get back.

And this is why I will never use pay pal.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

My off pinside friends have also done this as well. I have also encouraged them to file with ic3.gov. Even if the money is returned a crime has still taken place. If someone robs the bank and returns the money the bank was still robbed. Please make it known that the pinball community will never stand for such a thing ever again and it will be met with HARSH prosecution to the fullest extent of our federal law.
If and when he is indicted the money will be seized and re distributed in the order it was received and any and all outstanding amounts left owed will be apart of his restitution for sentencing.
I dont ever want to see this happen to pinball brothers and sisters again. I have nothing to gain only passing on my info and experience with ic3.gov and the white collar division of the fbi and how it works.
Chin up and remember its just about doing the right thing at this point and not who exposed who or anything of that nature. Anyone that needs help with ic3.gov please dont hesitate to contact me and I can help walk you through the process from filing to indictment.
Truly sorry this has happened to all of you some I know and some I dont. The only fingers at this point that need to be pointed are at the culprit.

On the related subject of fraud, has the ic3.gov site even helped one person defrauded by MAD Amusements? If not, what good will they be against SkitB?

#55 9 years ago

I am not getting my CC company involved yet. I have escalated a claim with Paypal and I'll see what happens there. Kevin has also sent emails, to me included, that he will be refunding our money. Now, I would assume that Paypal is going to have something to say about all of those refunds, but that's his problem. After I see what I get there, then I'll file with my CCC if needed. I don't want them investigating, and possibly paying me for Kevin, if Kevin actually makes good and refunds us. I'm not going nuclear on this right now. We've waited this long and I see no reason to freak out now...a few more days to see how the dust settles and how Kevin responds won't make that much of a difference. If there's a slight chance we get our money back the easy way, via refunds, I'm all for that.

#56 9 years ago

I just went into Paypal and escalated a claim with them. Like others we will see what happens within 30 days.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I have been on the phone with my bank and paypal all day. I hope everyone else can get a charge back I'm afraid I'm pretty much f@#ked.

I feel for you as I've followed your posts through this, why, cause I'm in the same boat as you.
Just as I've felt with some other members posts, it's emotional to say the least.
Even now where in the same boat.
I've been fully paid for 15 months.
PayPal can't help me and the cc company my paypal is linked to say they can't help me either so in your words I'm pretty much f@#ked too.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

I feel for you as I've followed your posts through this, why, cause I'm in the same boat as you.
Just as I've felt with some other members posts, it's emotional to say the least.
Even now where in the same boat.
I've been fully paid for 15 months.
PayPal can't help me and the cc company my paypal is linked to say they can't help me either so in your words I'm pretty much f@#ked too.

That sucks, I'm sorry to hear that man. I'm more pissed about all you good people that have been ripped off than myself. Hopefully the one thing Kevin doesn't lie about is making good on the refunds. Good Luck man.

#59 9 years ago

Actually got my CC Company into this today. They said they will tackle it for me also.

#60 9 years ago

Question for those that have discussed dates with the credit card company. I have an e-mail from Kevin stating that I'm in the middle of the run and he's projecting to send the game in January. Wouldn't it be best to give them this date versus the 12/31/14 that has been stated earlier?

#61 9 years ago

Yes, if you have something in writing with a date or date estimate, go with that for sure. I was using the 12/31/14 because we had told them quarter 4 per our calculations, and they demanded an exact date. Therefore I picked the last date possible that also put me within 90 days in case that was their policy.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Unless things have changed, going around Paypal to your credit card company is a violation of their terms of service. So, you will probably lose your Paypal account. If you don't care, then fine. Just a piece of information...
Jaz

When I contacted PP March 1st they said I HAD to go through my CC company (AMEX) and that they/PP couldn't (more like wouldn't IMO) do a charge-back/refund as I paid as a PP visitor & did NOT use/link to my PP account (luckily 8-}).

I have had multiple PP transactions since this started without any problems/debits/account freezes (so far).

Just got an email today from AMEX and my $4500 has been received (taken?) from PP and my $4500 will be mailed out to me via check (I requested this, otherwise it would have sat in our AMEX account & gone towards future AMEX billings).

Hopefully I'll get my initial $250 deposit back as well but I'm not holding my breath.

If Kevin is the stand-up-guy he has asserted he is I'll get my remaining $250 back - if not we'll know the larger truth.

Kim

#63 9 years ago

*note to self - get and use an AMEX card for every purchase*

Really sucks that paypal wont' release the funds in the account to people requesting it.
They froze the account shortly after I deposited my funds. If it's frozen, THEY are holding my money - not Kevin.

#64 9 years ago

sounds...chilly

th.jpegth.jpeg

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

*note to self - get and use an AMEX card for every purchase*
Really sucks that paypal wont' release the funds in the account to people requesting it.
They froze the account shortly after I deposited my funds. If it's frozen, THEY are holding my money - not Kevin.

Amex is pretty rad...
I wouldn't use a credit card period if it wasn't for their extra benefits

#66 9 years ago

Get an Amex SPG card......I earn enough to cover free hotels for shows and trips.
$3000 charged is $30-$45 from most cards, and that translates to a $125-$200 free hotel night
on this card. They also give you 25,000 points to start...that can be 7 free nights near Disney, Texas show....

End Blatant advertisement, but really its a great deal and the protection is amazing!

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-paypal-how-to-start-the-refund-process/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.