Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Rarehero
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Anyone talk to Kevin this weekend on PRED builds?

#2 5 years ago

Anyone talk to Kevin to get info??

Inquiring minds want to know.

#3 5 years ago

So I'm to assume Kevin made his debut of game #2 and ran out of the expo right after?

Damn.

#4 5 years ago

This is the danger announcing titles so far in advance while the previous one is still in the oven. Everyone wants to talk about whats coming next, when there's a game that still hasn't even been released yet. The Stern model makes more sense every day.

#5 5 years ago

Kevin was out on a flight that same night. Had a family event back home on Sunday.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#6 5 years ago

ok.... but the Predator silence is deafening. 2+ weeks since "lock in" payments were made. $750,000+ is in his hands right now and he can't even send a current build que list with approximate shipping dates?

This is JJP all over again.

#7 5 years ago

Kevin was at CAX for about 3 hours after the seminar, he didn't just leave. He unfortunately had something to do back home on Sunday and couldn't stay longer.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This is the danger announcing titles so far in advance while the previous one is still in the oven. Everyone wants to talk about whats coming next, when there's a game that still hasn't even been released yet. The Stern model makes more sense every day.

The Stern Model does make sense.. but what is the difference between Stern and the rest.. Stern is an long based pinball manufacturer they have money in the bank to build games.. the others dont at start.. JJP could not exist if they didnt do the upfront money thing.. same for Skit-B

i hope the best for Skit-B i am good friends with his Wife Amanda. they are good people. and yes to announce the second game when they didnt even shipped out their first is what the call.. suspicious. but hey who am i to judge on this. like i said before i wish Skit-B the best.. i wouldnt do this if i were them

#9 5 years ago

I think a lot of people are missing the fact that during the build phase of a pinball machine, your artists and programmers are sittin idle. A smart business person will get projects running concurrently to take full advantage of the down cycles of those in different roles.

A small amount of Kevin's time is required to get his team of artists rolling on their next project and when it is time for programming and building, Predator will be on its way out the door.

This way of doing things exists in almost every industry, not just pinball. It is also what all pinball companies do. The difference is just when they choose to share what it is they are working on. "Experts of Dangerous" at CAX because it was the ideal window to do so to coordinate involvement with Jamie and have much of his team all in the same place at the same time.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#10 5 years ago

Very well put Aaron. It was nice seeing you at CAX. I am sure we will catch you at Expo.

#11 5 years ago

Great to see you too Chris! Yes. Expo will be off the hook!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I think a lot of people are missing the fact that during the build phase of a pinball machine, your artists and programmers are sittin idle. A smart business person will get projects running concurrently to take full advantage of the down cycles of those in different roles.
A small amount of Kevin's time is required to get his team of artists rolling on their next project and when it is time for programming and building, Predator will be on its way out the door.
This way of doing things exists in almost every industry, not just pinball. It is also what all pinball companies do. The difference is just when they choose to share what it is they are working on. "Experts of Dangerous" at CAX because it was the ideal window to do so to coordinate involvement with Jamie and have much of his team all in the same place at the same time.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Oh, I agree that future project announcements tend to stir up debate and excitement. But it's the idle news on current builds that make the imagination wander.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Oh, I agree that future project announcements tend to stir up debate and excitement. But it's the idle news on current builds that make the imagination wander.

That is totally understandable. If I recall correctly, there was a Predator update at the beginning of the notes I saw. The bummer was the speaker before ran 30+ minutes past when Kevin was supposed to START. Jamie was on a tight schedule and Jack was standing by for the call. With the focus on on Experts of Dangerous, the current projects updates were likely sped through to try and get to the guests as quickly as possible.

Plus, a talk makes even the most seasoned speakers a little nervous. I am sure Kevin will provide a progress report in due time.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#14 5 years ago

Thanks Aaron. Succinctly put.

#15 5 years ago

Words words words....so are Predators gonna get built or what? By whom and when? Seems like a simple enough question.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Words words words....so are Predators gonna get built or what? By whom and when? Seems like a simple enough question.

Thanks for taking up the build issue Rare, maybe Jpop is doing it?

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Thanks for taking up the build issue Rare, maybe Jpop is doing it?

Yikes, then that would be 250 more games that would never get built...

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yikes, then that would be 250 more games that would never get built...

Well, what do you think? If Skit B can then can Jpop? Or are you saying that Predator will never get built too?

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, what do you think? If Skit B can then can Jpop? Or are you saying that Predator will never get built too?

If Jpop was building Predator, it would never get built. Where's Magic Girl?

Anyway - simple question...who's building Predator & when? Would it not be a 2 second answer? Spooky shows pictures of their crew building games. Is Predator being built by Kevin & friends in a garage or warehouse? Now that they're planning game #2, is there a factory or something? Just curious.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 88.00
$ 45.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 218.00
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 180.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside