(Topic ID: 181602)

Predator, zidware/Jpop games, Big Lebowski - How were you affected?

By Barakawins1

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by badbilly27
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dr.-evil-million-dollar-term-policy-300x241 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2858 (resized).JPG
    download (1) (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-04-07 at 11.37.45 AM (resized).png
    TLA (resized).jpg
    IMG_6491 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BillySastard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Jpop Cliffnotes:
    -Jpop says: I'm going to make 16 games called "Magic Girl", send me $16,000 to secure one! He has no pictures, no concepts, no way to code/animate/manufacture. He makes everyone sign an NDA. While this is expensive per game, there's NO WAY this makes financial sense to produce and manufacture a title. However, because of his B/W games, he has a cult-like status...and cult leaders can trick people into following them.
    -When it's clear he can't afford to make Magic Girl, he announces "I'm going to make Ben Heck's Zombie Adventure Land!" I'm going to make 125 of them for $10,000. Send me money and sign an NDA! He hasn't shown even a flipable whitewood for MG yet. It's clear this is a scheme...he needs money to finish the first game. People ignore that...the cult leader's influence is strong. People send him money for game #2. Eventually the name changes to Retro Atomic Zombie Adventure Land.
    -The pyramid scheme continues...he announces game #3, Alice in Wonderland before he still has shown ANYTHING for the first 2. PEOPLE SEND HIM MONEY!!!! Fool me once, twice...three times....
    -At Chicago Expo 2014, Dutch brings 3 fully playable Lebowski prototypes out of nowhere...and John brings and EMPTY CABINET to show off. This is when the wheels come off and the cult leader loses his grip...people start to come to their sense, demand answers, demand refunds, John hides out in his office/studio that people have been paying for....bullshit bullshit bullshit, lawsuits...and here we are.
    -There's a lawsuit, but somehow he used his culty culty magic on some newbs to start a new business called "American Pinball". He designs a game for them in exchange for their help building Magic Girl. People find out this company is helping him and are livid.
    -AP claims that they've built and are going to ship Magic Girl...but other than that now have nothing to do with John...we'll see...the saga continues.
    Skit-B Cliffnotes:
    -Kevin Kulek wants in on the "indy pin" scene, but instead of charging a ton like John, he says he's going to build 250 Predator pinballs for $4750.
    -He has a playable proto that he brings around to shows, giving people the confidence he can get it done. He claims he got the license from Fox.
    -After a few years, all mentions of Predator vanish from his website. They game keeps getting delayed, Kevin doesn't give anyone real answers. This is where some suspect there's something wrong.
    -Predator hasnt shipped yet, but they announce game #2 at California Extreme: "Experts of Dangerous" with the Myth Busters guys. Game looks like absolute shit and the art is instantly mocked. We don't hear much about this new game after that.
    -Some people do some digging, get in touch with Fox...turns out he NEVER HAD THE LICENSE. The lie is exposed.
    -People ask for refunds, Kevin claims he will....then he doesn't and vanishes.
    -He's currently in a lawsuit where it looks like he's F*CKED.

Great synopsis. Don't forget the cult-like status that Shit-B achieved too. Anyone that didn't have praise for Kevin was berated and called a troll.

#63 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Wasn't that pretty much just Whysnow, though? ...but yeah, there were sycophants that didn't snap out of it until way down the line

There were more, Whysnow was just the loudest. I was in on the original 250 and I liked it when guys started questioning things about Predator and hated when the defenders stepped in to defend Kevin. I got out when they changed the pricing structure. I got my deposit back and bought an IMVE with my Predator money. Best pinball decision I ever made.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BillySastard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-houdini-big-lebowski-how-were-you-affected?tu=BillySastard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.