(Topic ID: 107295)

Predator seemed like a scam --- but eventually happily resolved!

By JimWilks

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 841 posts
  • 196 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 57 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

abandon-thread.gif
chair-1.jpg
InStyle-Outtakes-Wallpaper-olivia-wilde-3805786-1280-800.jpg
olivia-wilde-2 thumbs up.gif
pinside-posting-madness-1.png
image.jpg
pinside.JPG
image-55.jpg
factass.jpg
Internet-Protector.jpg
294409475_9wbdG-L - Copy.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 9.34.41 AM.png
image-134.jpg
image.jpg
image-965.jpg
image-485.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from MMuller:

Calling Whysnow please chime in.

I have a date to pick up my game and am in the first batch of 10 being built.

I spoke with Kevin/ team and played the most up to date prototype at expo 1 week ago. It all seems very real to me. I am pumped to get my game.

Sorry to the OP if you did not get your deposit back. It has always taken a little while but so long as I actually email to the correct address I always get back communication from Kevin. Maybe check your spam filters?

#20 5 years ago

hassellcastle> care to put any money where you slander?

I will make you a bet that Predator is real and I will be playing my game this year.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

I may want in on this bet ..

I could use a JM or Dr. Who...
What do you like in my collection that matches up?

Loser pays shipping costs also...

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from BlackRabbit:

Where is the slander? Viewpoint/opinion yes. Slander? Hmmm, why say that?

here he is trying to say they are taking the cash and have run away, not even making a product. That sounds like intent to damage a reputation to me???

Quoted from hassellcastle:

Even if they are making it.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I suggest very clearly defining what playable means....

Me, playing MY game. What the hell more do you need to define?

You want in on the action to McLuvin?

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

What is the date?

this year.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Balsy yes...but no one really wins in that bet if you know what i mean. We all want to see the game made and distributed.

What are you talking about?

there will be multiple winners!

I believe it will be me, when I am playing my new Predator and have one of these big talkers games sitting next to it. It will also be all the others that are looking forward to their Pred in the near future!

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Really?
I'm not trying to troll, I don't dislike u so please don't take this as me im trying to insult you.
After seeing what jack had to go through up close and hoops to jump through. With preditor not showing cabinets built, play fields stacked, wire harnesses waiting for install, mechs stacked in boxes, ect
No way in hell do u see that game by December unless they give you the one that's done already. I just don't see it man. If they had all that stuff stacked ready to put together they would be flashing pictures of stuff to buyers to keep them in the loop and happy not trying to bail. They also would have collected most of ur money not some guys $250 only

a few things...

1. Sounds like the OP is out of the communication loop completely. I am not sure where the signals were crossed but at least 250 people were all able to get the email and send the minimum required 3k in by now. The title is sold out and there is still a substantial waiting list. It seems to me the OP supposedly missed the June 28th deadline for payment of 3k to hold his spot and needs to get his $250 back??? No idea how that happened but seems to be a communication issue.

2. This is a sold out boutique game. I would like more communication but I can completely understand why they are not publicly sharing photos of parts stacked in a room. There is no real benefit to doing so. Those that are still in have faith in the project and soon enough I believe you will have pictures and reports from the first batch actually being played in homes (offer still stands that other local predator owners are welcome to come play mine when it arrives). Maybe I am too optimitic, but at least I am willing to put my money behind that optimism.

#55 5 years ago

any of you tough talkers want to put up?

or are you just a bunch of B S Ds?

#72 5 years ago

Whysnow. You are the biggest fan boy for this game & to be honest with you. I truly hope you and everyone else that has put money in on this game gets their game.
I'm just stating the facts as I see them. Same machine dragged show after show (with updates done to this one protype pin between shows), no images of multiple parts built ready for assembly, very poor or lack of communication, rumors of no license, no mention of any sort of this game on their site, delay after delay. Just sayin....looks like a lot of red flags to me.
I'm just stating its a cause for concern if I was in the game on one. It would be interesting to hear Skit Bs take on this as to clarify what the status is with license and lack of information on the site as it does seem odd.
Best of luck to you getting your game in 2014. What's your scheduled ship date so I can save this thread in my favorites for future reference?

so it sounds like you are not willing to put a game on the line???

I am betting that I will have my game and be physically playing it by this year, 2014.

Ballsy? Optimistic? Fan boy? Stupid? Call it as you see it but I say put up or shut up.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They've announced their 2nd game. The benefit of being transparent & showing progress is to look good to future customers.

As a current customer of a limited game I would prefer any communication from SkitB only be with the actual people that have paid money to back.

Game #2 is going to have to stand on its own and I have to think that after the lashing they got about art with very little constructive feedback they don't have much desire or incentive to share anything until it is in the form they want.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

I'm still wanting to know the stakes? Whysnow??

Stakes are clear

I am betting I will be playing my physical game in this calendar year.

pink slips for a current title and loser pays shipping. You are not publicly sharing your collection so hard to make a bet with you as I don't even know what you have or are willing to put on the line.

#84 5 years ago

Big Swinging D!ck.

i.e. ballers that like to talk big. They walk into the room and knock a bunch of shit about but end up not doing anything worthwhile.

#90 5 years ago

games are more fun.

Then I will get the joy of playing someone's old game for years to come

#103 5 years ago

Looks like we are 3 for 3 on B S D s...

Lots of trash talk against predator, some of it slanderous, but nobody is willing to put up a pin to back it up.

oh pinside.

#108 5 years ago

Kevin>

Yes, I would bet these guys that are slinging shit that I will be playing MY predator in this calendar year. (For clarity, "finished" is whatever product they provide at pickup/delivery; I don't want some technicality BS where someone claims it is not finished because there is a code update later).

That said, you don't have a single game in your pinside collection that I am interested in. Anything not in your current collection?

#109 5 years ago

I'm not putting a pinball up on a trade, Don't be a douche.

Pretty sure you are the only one being a douche bag here. You come in with all sorts of BS and nothing to back it up. Then you get called to the carpet and back down.

this would be a bet and not a "trade"... WTH?

typical

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

What say you whysnow?

Betting cash is lame and not much fun.
How about this?

If my Predator is not in my hands by Dec 31st 2014 (I will provide a picture for proof) then I will donate an additional $100 to Pinside over my normal donations.

When Predator is in my hands by Dec 31st 2014 (I will provide a picture for proof) then all 3 of you donate an additional $100 to Pinside over your normal donations. All 3 (misfitdart, herbert and you) of you need to agreed to this since you are the ones wanting to just do a lame cash bet.

#403 5 years ago

This is pretty much the stupidest thread on all of pinside and that is saying a lot.

I can hardly believe how much completely made up crap is in here!
For all those that are feeding and saying these false statements, what are you going to do when the game is delivered?

#414 5 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

You still in on the bet?

If all 3 people agree to the terms I laid out.

#416 5 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Didn't anyone at expo ask about production and delivery timelines?

Yes and games are being built.

#423 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Here are the facts that you have not mentioned or addressed:
1. Any mention of "Predator" the pinball machine, movie, or it's status have been completely removed from the Skit-B website, although it used to be there.
2. The word "Predator" does not appear anywhere on Skit-B's Facebook page. Zero discussion regarding the progress etc.
3. No mention of "Predator" on their Twitter account.
4. ALL of their YouTube videos of Predator have been completely removed from their YouTube account.
5. The owner of Skit-B has gone silent on the above issues (and has not posted on Pinside for more than 3 months)
6. There is no proof that Skit-B currently has the license for Predator.
7. The OP has tried to contact Skit-B and has asked for a refund of his money. He has received no response.

1. - 5. Only need 1 answer. There is no obligation for SkitB to have anything posted in any public space. Kevin and team were at Expo last week and were anything but silent. I am in the first games being built, saw evidence of it, and he answered every question I have. Yes, they fail at online communication. However, I had all questions answered in person 1 week ago and was given all the proof I need. I have no desire to share any of this publically as it was a private conversation between me (an owner in the first batch) and Kevin. Suffice to say, games are actively being built and I see no need for any publicly shared information about this other than to dispell a bunch of shit talkers that are wasting more time attempting to distract from the things that are actually worthwhile that they are doing.

6. Do they owe you any proof of this? A game being at the biggest pinball show in the planet last week seems like plenty of evidence. Are you expecting them to share and disclose their contract? I could say the same thing for EVERY other manufacturer. "There is no proof that JJP currently has the liscence for Hobbit, or DP has it for TBL, or Stern has TWD" Just because I say this I do not ecpect them to provide me proof of it...

7. This I have no answer for other than it seems everyone else has had little issue with doing so. I can only assume that he is sending to the wrong email or possible started all this because he wanted some drama. Based on the fact that all except 2 people that are owned the initial $250 have had no issue, I can only deduce that the issue is that they are not getting through or things are being filtered via spam?

#426 5 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

Not an attack on you, friend. But PICTURES or it didn't happen.

If I can, I will. Untill then, I will respect private communication I have had.

#427 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevgascan:

I can get a pin on your wishlist if you still wanted to bet pins.

what are you thinking?

feel free to PM me and we can work out details

#431 5 years ago

I agree that they need to communicate but see no need for them to do it publically.

A simple email in private to the 250 buyers with a photo or 2 and a simple update of status would be enough.

#448 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yes, that's a great way to do business!

I never claimed it was a great way to do business.

#460 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Does Skit-B currently have the full license to Predator and to use Arnold's likeness on the pin or not?

I have NO reason to assume otherwise!

I have NEVER seen any sort of legal documentation for ANY pin from any manufacturer. Why would I expect to see some sort of evidence of this liscense agreeement now? It seems really odd to me that this question has even come up when the avg cost for a liscense has been quoted to be around 50 at low end to 200 at high end.

To me, the fact that the game is being built and was just at Expo last week points to the liscence thing being a non-issue and all made up?

I am sure someone is smart enough to go hack into the liscense holders info and find out for sure.

#488 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Guy started this thread cause he wants a refund. So it's not sold out.

Game is 100% sold out. The guy that started this thread was never in since he paid nothing over the intiail $250. After June 28th? anyone not paying in up to 3k was out and their spot went to the next in line. When I spoke with Kevin at Expo he confirmed that the game was sold out.

#490 5 years ago

To my knowledge there are NO liscensing issues and it is and always has been a green light.

I really have no idea where people have come up with any of this rather than wild jump to conclusions since no current info in public space... Seems pinside always has a few people that imagine the worst case scenario rather than the most logical one.

#495 5 years ago

in case you are wondering... most logical scenario>>>

Kevin got sick of all the BS (like this thread) and the wild assumptions/ jumping to conclusions when he is trying to focus his energy on getting parts in and building the first 10 games plus making new plastics and working with Hemi to make lighting kit for better effects and improving the blacklighting (ALL after the game was already sold out BTW).

He saw how pinside has become very negative with very little positive or constructive critisism when he showed the initial game #2 art.

He is a guy that likes to deliver and prefers to just take everything underground until he can show something of true value (i.e. first 10 games all built and going to owners) rather than bits and pieces of parts. Can you really blame him on a personal level.

That said, the lack of good business communication has become unsettling to some and has allowed this to lead to this fire which has been largely stoked on by naysayers that are not even in on the game and as far as I am concerned have zero reason to be entitled to ANY information.

I personally hope Kevin sends out an email to all owners in the near future and asks then to keep it private and not repost on the internet. I see no reason for any info to be provided to anyone that is not paid in for 3k+ at this point.

#500 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Yeah.... your theory is DEFINITELY the most "logical".... lol....

this comes to you by lowepg >> a guy that hides behind a screen name, and does not even share his collection on the internet yet questions why someone else may opt to remove all PROTOTYPE documentation of the product in order to remove any confusion of what the final product actually looks like...

seems pretty logcial to me. Remove all the old crap since much of it has changed and been improved.

Release new videos and pictures when you build the first production games.

#502 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Wow, so they kept his $250 for five months and didn't tell him. I know its short money but I guess if he didn't follow the payment rules they don't have to feel bad about letting him chase them.

I am guessing there are paths crossed or possible that the OP has not even reached out to the correct email for SkitB?

Kevin is not good with the online communications and seems to spike the ball every few months with catching up on emails (not saying that is good practice with a business but seems to be his style) so my guess is that the email was either filtered, sent to the wrong address, a reply was filtered, or Kevin has simply not looked at the email since it was sent. He has not appeared online for a few months and my best guess is he is VERY busy with trying to get games built and out the door?

#503 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That said, despite what I see as a total lack of respect for the other 245 owners that know nothing, I hope it works out for you guys on Predator.

Of all the predator owners I spoke to at Expo, anyone that has emailed him and is an owner gets a reply in a short amount of time...

#508 5 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Like others have pointed out, then don't use the same website to generate the lions share of his sales. It was all rainbows and unicorns when he was selling the game and collecting money. He was on here frequently. You don't get to go MIA when the questions get tough. That's when a real business man shines. Like the played out saying goes, "adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it."
I'm glad you fully support them but your zeal for Predator doesn't carry any more weight than another persons angst of how the last month or so has played out.
Lots of eyes are watching. If skitb wants to maintain potential future clients, I suggest he man up, face his buying public and present the issues and any course of action if needed.

agreed.

Please don't misconstrue my zeal for the game with a love of the business communication or lack of.

#511 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Dont worry... I didn't misconstrued your "zeal" with anything business related...I construed it with having eaten too many paint chips as a kid

they just taste go good.

Nice to see you opted to hide a little less by sharing your location and collection

#512 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

I nominate WHYSNOW to be SKIT-B's official Pinside liason since he seems to be the only person trying to defend them so why's not enlist his services.

I have NOTHING to do with SkitB. Merely a fan of the game and have one on order plus I get sick of jackasses with an agenda making shit up on pissside

#514 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Keep it respectful gang.

a little late for that... opening post/title went off the end at the start...

#517 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Keeping it respectful does not mean: don't ask about why someone did not get their deposit back; don't ask about why someone is not getting communication; don't ask about why SB removed the Predator stuff from the internet . . . these are all reasonable questions.
Keeping it respectful means everyone should tone down the personal rhetoric.

thread title inferring Predator is in fact a scam seems pretty personal?

Could have easily titled it something about "Trouble contacting SkitB" but then he would not have gotten the reaction he was hoping for...

#569 5 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Prove that it's not.
FACT: Requests for refund have gone unanswered.

FACT: The same prototype game has gone to events for years now.

FACT: When a company issues a C&D letter they ask that all logos, photos and video of their property be removed the web.

I only need to address these 3 "facts"

Fact: Requests for a $250 initial deposit to be refunded were addressed in the original terms. You have ZERO idea of what is going on with the 2 people that claim to have never gotten their 250 refund but either way based on the terms they may not be entitled to it (I think more likely they have not sent communication properly or wires were crossed). This is a non-issue since FAR more people which have requested even larger refunds have gotten them

Fact: You have ZERO powers of observation and your claim that this is the same prototype from the past few years are both completely false and show your complete ignorance on the issue. This further demonstrates your intent is to defame and slander the SkitB company. Without question the game at MPE 2 years ago was different from the game at MGC last year which was different from the game at expo this year. You either did not even look at these games or are just that dense. I mean seriously... the Fucking playfields were completely different. Did you even look at the games during this timeframe? I can probably point out 3 things that even a complete moron would notice if he looked that any of the last 3 prototypes (pretty sure there have been at least 4 prototypes now?; but most noticeable have been changed light and black lights, all changed plastics, tweaked ramps, modified/fine touches on pf art, and for obvious proof of whole new pfs in the past 3 iterations... the holes sizes for the standups right in the middle of the pf have changed.)

Fact: You had better watch what you say when you make false claims that are intended to damage the reputation of a business. You can not say these "facts" without evidence to back them up. You have ZERO proof of SkitB getting a C&D letter and stating such as fact leaves no legal grey area for you to operate. You are very clearly stating a fact that you have no proof of. You have no proof of them not issuing refunds AND you have no proof of them not making multiple prototypes over the past few years.

they own YOU nothing! Read it again, they own you nothing!

Fact: You are out of your element Donny.

Keep it up and I can promise you that you will not like the outcome (i.e. possibly being sued for slander).

#577 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You clearly lack reading comprehension skills.
He NEVER said that SkitB received a C&D letter. Ever.

GTFO with this crap.

Come on Rob... Pretty obvious exactly what he is saying and it is slanderous without a doubt.

Also, if he keeps it up I would not be surprised if his loud mouth writes a few checks his ass can't cash. I don't think that SkitB is the type but with the outright lies and Jared's attempt to do harm with false accusations it would be a pretty easy case.

#585 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Please Hilton, can you just get us some real facts, there is no NDA. I'd defend Jared for free and counter sue for filing a frivolous lawsuit but its such a joke that I'm rotflmao

Real facts : I am sure SkitB will discuss with their customers when they decide to.

If you are a customer and need info then seems like it is pretty easy to email them and get a response.... At least 2 people have said they are in contact with them today.

#588 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

LOL
You have 3 attorneys posting in this thread. I don't think any of us think Jared has anything to worry about.
Thanks for the free legal advice though. It's worth the price paid.

Yeah, everyone is an attorney on the internet Rob

#589 5 years ago
Quoted from JimWilks:

My first email requesting a refund was sent on October 1. Since then, I've sent more emails to various SkitB email addresses, but all have been completely ignored. Here we stand almost 4 weeks later with no progress at all. To me, this seems like it could be a scam. Hence the thread title.

send me your info and who you emailed to and I will try to forward it on from my email account.

#610 5 years ago

gonna need more information than just a name.

Send me your name, original game number, when you paid the $250 via paypal originally, email address you paid from, daet you requested refund, etc...

Basically things that would help a potentially disorganized guy figure out whom you are, ensure he did not previously return the deposit, and then return the deposit (as applicable).

#619 5 years ago

Fact

Pred Plastics.jpg

#626 5 years ago

Never seen TWD so sorry I don't get the reference.

#635 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I have been in this kitchen long enough to watch the same kettle call all the other pots black.....

yup and then the usual suspects come out with popcorn and hollier-than-you comments to feel good about it all

same story different year.

#637 5 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

You have only been waiting 4 weeks?? I thought you were talking about 4 months here. Have a little patience dude. Everyone else got their refund. Unless you did something untoward, like post that Skit B was a scam on a public forum, you should be fine.

technically it was closer to 3 weeks when he started this thread.

Pretty sure his email was also filtered since it is a screwy one that is prone to spam filtering.
Either way, I have now forwarded on his info to Kevin whom is in touch with Jim to rectify whatever the issue was/wasn't.

#645 5 years ago
Quoted from JimWilks:

Yea, my email is hosted through a bit of a screwy upstart company that you probably have never heard of. It's that Google outfit. What do they know about email?

outside of US email and often heavy spam filter with .ca addresses IME.

Either way, 3 weeks is a pretty short time to go into freak out mode.

Glad I could get your info to the people that need it. Please post back when you get your refund.

Post edited by Whysnow: edit to remove picture

#647 5 years ago

now that all the WOZle are delivered lowepg must not have much going on...

#728 5 years ago

Pred Plastics.jpg

#731 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

whysnow, if your so confident the games getting done on time and ur going to make all this money in December when the game ships to u. Why don't u mail the guy who started this thread his $250... When skit b sends him a check he' ll forward it to u.

What money am I making?????

I already helped the guy out whom started this thread and he is now finally in touch with Kevin. I am hoping he will update after he gets his refund.

Aside from that, there is no way I would trust the OP to mail me a check. Based on his actions here, I would not want to deal with him in any way.

#734 5 years ago

I was just told that hasselcastle is actually on the waitlist...

That explains alot.

#739 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I can only imagine what you'd be doing and saying if you were in the op's shoes.

Well, to start with I would have reached out to others in the community via PM if my email from 3 weeks ago had gone unanswered (I would not have waited 3 weeks if it was a priority). Then I apparently would have never been in his situation.

I offered to forward on his info to Kevin via the email I had gotten correspondence through and BAM, problem resolved in a few hours.

Pretty sad that the OP had a little freak out and started a thread insinuating a pinball company is a scam after really doing nothing besides supposedly sending an email 3 weeks ago.

Even sadder that he is unable to realize that something which was likely his inability to properly communicate caused this whole ordeal and yet he edits the thread title to still include "scam" when he could edit to state his "fact" of skitB contacted via correct email and refund issued immediately.

#742 5 years ago
Quoted from JimWilks:

No explanation for all my previously ignored emails.
Thanks to Kevin of SkitB for finally coming through.
Thanks to Pinside for your assistance.

Glad you got your refund. Seems to me like emails were not ignored but rather did not go through or were sent to the wrong address (similar to how you apparently never got the email for payment beyond the intitial $250).

#757 5 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

So am I correct to assume I can still get in on Predator now.

You can contact Kevin to get on the waitlist. Unlikely many dropped after seeing and playing the NEW prototype at expo with completely new playfield, redesigned UV lighting, completely new plastics, and new add-on lighting from Hemi.

The game was the best it has ever been and once the pro ramps are on this game is going to be a well oiled machine.

I suggest if you have any interest that you contact Kevin. There are a few naysayers in this thread on the waitlist but I have not heard of any of them getting in even though I am guessing that was part of their motive in this thread.

#760 5 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

so I continue to wish them the best.

Is that why last year you opted to go into the expo hall and try to rig up and record some stealth video footage to show the UV did not work like you thought it would?

I was still amazed how nice Kevin was to you at TPF to grant you an interview after you pulled that crap just a few months previous. You are such a big self promoter that you often overlook the bigger picture. If you think you are going to continue to promote this new "Jared" persona then you should probably stick with the real facts instead of continuing to make stuff up to create a story for you to "report"

#768 5 years ago

so yesterday it was this

Quoted from Jared:

FACT: The same prototype game has gone to events for years now.

and today the story shifts to this

Quoted from Jared:

but the truth was that this playfield (which is now several versions ago) was not the final product.

the UV effect has now been substantially improved. The version they had at EXPO14 was something to the tune of twice as good as last year.

so all along you had an agenda and were trying to sensationalize to make a story so you could be the center of it all... You knew all along that they were on the 3rd or 4th prototype but choose to lie about it yesterday?

#775 5 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

Nice try. I went thru the same thing with my MMR. At first the promise of maybe a refund followed by two ignored emails. After going grass routes I finally received a response to an email AFTER an additional email was sent. The OP and I both wanted nothing more than a refund after taking a chance on a start up. Neither the OP or I should have had to post our issues on pinside but we saw no other option. I think it's great that your are standing by Predator; it is admirable. I chose not to stand by MMR just as the OP chose NOT to stand by Predator. The only issues here is your reluctance to let this go AND the reluctance of these start ups to issue refunds.

Difference in this example is that it apears the OP was having email issues with the manufacturer from the start? Until yesterday it did not appear he had actually been able to contact Kevin (which in itself is an issue with only having email as a way to contact people and makes me liek the idea of a private blog or whatever Jpop has done to keep owners informed)

#776 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's pretty weak sauce right there Hilton.
Pathetic, really.

Jared is lying as usual.

I sent him a rather short PM asking why he did not address the other inaccuracies in his big FACT post. For example why he lied about the number of prototypes there have been over the past 2 years when he knew truthfully it was 3 or more and not 1 like he claimed to be fact.

#788 5 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

what is a factass?

a donkey that thinks stating "Fact" makes what he says true.

#798 5 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

My definition of prototype includes full cabinet. Everyone knows that has been paying attention that there have been several iterations of the playfield.
So, Are you saying that there are 3-4 full working prototypes?
I am pretty sure that the updated playfields were just plugged in to the same cabinet. Hence ONE prototype with different playfields.
While it is semantics, it still remains that there may only be ONE prototype with full cabinet, head etc.

In that case, at least 2 cabs were used at different times.

IMHO, any time you completely redesign a playfield including art changes, post movements, hole placement changes and sizing adjustments and the populate that new playfield with new parts plus new lighting, you have built another prototype that flips completely different than the previous one with new geometry and physics.

There have been 3 or 4 completely different iterations of the game in the past few years and atleast 2 totally differnet cabinets. Pretty sure there are atleast 3 completely wired playfields that could be easily dropped into cabinets if you wanted them all side by side but sure seems silly to have 4 cabinets to hold the old prototype pfs.

#833 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So...before we start proclaiming this thread finished lets not forget the purple elephant in the corner of the room which is the Arnold situation. Should we start a new thread and lock this one specifically on that point?
This was a miserable thread . . . but would starting a new one be helpful or just re-stir the issues and arguments fresh?

Better yet would be if a moderator did not fan the flames on what appears to be a completely unsubstantiated claim based on wild speculation because people don't see an online presence on SkitB website.

Why is it OK to make up completely preposterous claims but if you then phrase them as questions (regarless of the implications and intent by some to hurt a start up pinball company) it is all OK and even Pinside moderators are jumping in?

I would have no problem if you said the purple elephant is a lack of communication from SkitB online or via email, but when you are attempting to bait a response by continuing to spread factless rumors then that is the definition of trolling.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 14.95
Various Novelties
Allteksystems
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 99.00
$ 75.00
$ 49.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 115.00
Cabinet Parts
Merf's Pins
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside