(Topic ID: 107295)

Predator seemed like a scam --- but eventually happily resolved!

By JimWilks

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 841 posts
  • 196 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 57 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

abandon-thread.gif
chair-1.jpg
InStyle-Outtakes-Wallpaper-olivia-wilde-3805786-1280-800.jpg
olivia-wilde-2 thumbs up.gif
pinside-posting-madness-1.png
image.jpg
pinside.JPG
image-55.jpg
factass.jpg
Internet-Protector.jpg
294409475_9wbdG-L - Copy.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 9.34.41 AM.png
image-134.jpg
image.jpg
image-965.jpg
image-485.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#30 5 years ago

Hey gang, I've been paid in full since 2013. Over a year now. I'm not concerned, as of yet.

Kevin needs to respond to emails a lot better.

Updates on progress need to be better addressed, even if they are random.

Pin looks kick ass, and if SKITB comes on here with a picture of multiple cabinets, that's fine with me.

If Whysnow wants to post a shipping date, that's great too.

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

I tried not to make it a public thing, but I think I'll chime in here. I still have not gotten my deposit back. When it came time to put up or show up, I decided the game wasn't for me in the end. But after a couple emails I still haven't received my money or even a reply from Skit-B. Im being patient because feel like Im a nice guy and I get the pressure these guys are on, but if machines ship before I get my deposit back? I wont be happy.

So you put $250 in, decided no thank you, requested that $250 back, not even a response. How long has it been Drstarkweather?

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Okay, I can understand you guys being impatient and even having a few concerns. But Kevin is a standup guy with a real passion for pinball. You don't build multiple custom games and do what he has done simply for the sake of taking people's money and skipping town. He has a beautiful family and from Facebook alone I can tell you they are very busy. Has he run into licensing issues? Possibly. Has he run into supplier issues? Quite likely. But I think it's silly to even remotely suggest this is a "scam". Thats terrible. Im sure he is feeling significant pressure and just trying to get his arms wrapped around all the challenges in front of him before he communicates something more. Remain calm!

Kevin needs to post here soon. Natives are restless and with a vacuum of latest info folks fill the gaps in with other stuff. Then that stuff becomes fact whether it's real or not.

#247 5 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

Why no Bush or Obama or Carter or Washington vid??????

Don't drag politics into this thread please. This thread is derailing just fine on its own.

I made some emails. We'll see how things are really progressing. ( in a good way. Not assuming and making theories into facts.).

#253 5 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

You are just plain wrong. WHy would you think anyone sitting on a million dollars of customers' money would have 3 or 4 minutes per month to actually think about and type a short update? You must be crazy.
BTW, I'm thinking the license holdup has something to do with arnie and Jessie "the mind" having an ego battle.

Too many people 'thinking' here, but that's cool. Let's keep this in mind gang: unless you can prove anything, please stop posting your thoughts in such a way as to present them as "I've heard", or "I was told by", or the best, " I have an insider" when you don't.

Other than that, speculation and talking in this thread is actually being quite civil.

#276 5 years ago

Nah. This thread is ok in comparison to RGP threads of yesteryear.

Misinformation has ceased for now, now that we can talk to eachother like 12 year olds.

Pinside is a fun forum. I'm digging it. Although the OP should change thread title to something like 'SkitB lack of communication' or that sort. Scam has all sorts of negative connotations...except VD pinball. That was called out.

#280 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

If its a scam then the CIA needs to hire Kevin fast, showing a second title, coming to the expo's. The names Kulek, Kevin Kulek.

images-626.jpg 5 KB

Hazoff, much like trying to talk to a big boobed girl, I'm trying not to stare at your awesome avatar! Fricken cool bro!!!!

( not in a gay way either. Just a huge fan of Road Warrior)

#281 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Not only does "Predator" not appear anywhere on the SkitB website, Facebook account, or Twitter account, it also looks like they have removed their Predator videos from YouTube.
Here is a post from the Predator update thread posted by moderator TheDudeAbides, which was a copy and paste from a SkitB email, which included a link to a Predator game play video. That video has been removed:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-updates#post-1713809
And here is Skit-B's YouTube channel, which have no videos or references to Predator at all:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-updates#post-1713809
I wish the title of this thread was something like "Does Skit-B Have the Predator License" as I think there would be fewer arguments and people upset because of the word "scam". It may not be a scam, but there is obviously something going on that really needs to be explained.
You don't just remove all referenced to Predator Pinball from your own website, and take down all of your YouTube videos if everything is running according to plan.

I agree with Rob.

#399 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't think so.
If anything, both examples are going to give more people serious pause before laying down cash on pre-orders from unproven companies.

How's Alien going Rob?

#410 5 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

This is the first time I've found myself agreeing with Kaneda. When others mentioned stockholm syndrome they hit the nail on the head. If you look at these things with impartiality, reality IS obvious. How many will be happy to trade in their semi-transparent space killer for a couple of middle-aged sexually-ambiguous establishment nerds?

If you were in this project from the beginning, and knew Kevin and company, you wouldn't feel this way. I will continue to give the benefit of doubt to him until I decide not to.

#494 5 years ago

Aw man Rob. I was sure you pulled the trigger on Alien. I am waiting for artwork reveal then I will decide.

#557 5 years ago

I got a reply too. Today, from Kevin. Preds are being built, but slowly.

#558 5 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Skit-b is brilliant.....just to let everybody know I am also starting a new pinball company called "sendmemoneythenscrewoff" inc. you MUST prepay for the greatest pinball machine ever!!! Send me $250 and I'll put your name on a list. 13 years before you get to see a picture of the most innovative machine since the last one you must pay for purchase in full. Completely refundable if you change your mind. In case you can't contact me for a refund wait a little longer and my representative, whysnow, WILL defend me on allll forums. Act fast before they are sold out!!!

Kaneda? Is that you??

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Singer Pinball Designs
$ 98.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 93.00
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 224.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 30.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside