factass.jpg
Internet-Protector.jpg
294409475_9wbdG-L - Copy.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 9.34.41 AM.png
image-134.jpg
image.jpg
image-965.jpg
image-485.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sadsack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#211 9 years ago

What I have the hardest time understanding is the boutique pre-pay model. Why can't these guys get an escrow account for pre-purchase money and then use that as the bait to get VC? A hard money lender at 15-20% would really light a fire under their asses and get them moving a lot more than $750k in a bank account. It's not unrealistic to expect timelines out of these guys when they're sitting on your money. The only reason for a lack of transparency is because something is fouled up. If they would just be honest and up front about their problems, they could probably find a lot of cheap help to solve them. But I suspect that all this smoke and mirrors BS comes from a lie. Otherwise, there would be no need to hide your problems.

They all should be crowd-sourcing solutions, not cash.

Post edited by SadSack: Because birds aren't necessarily bad.

#250 9 years ago
Quoted from Jokercyclone:

Information kills speculation. As JPOP found out it's easy to sway bad feelings just by being a bit more open. I can understand the slowing down of information a bit as once you can get tired of answering every little nit pick. Even a monthly update will easy customers who have hard earned money on the table though. Arnold is a savvy guy. If he knew about a Predator pin his head would have to be twice the size of the predators as LAH Even though they are both the stars of the movie

You are just plain wrong. WHy would you think anyone sitting on a million dollars of customers' money would have 3 or 4 minutes per month to actually think about and type a short update? You must be crazy.

BTW, I'm thinking the license holdup has something to do with arnie and Jessie "the mind" having an ego battle.

#263 9 years ago
Quoted from lokiean:

..Nothing but speculations. Trolls. Assholes and a few good level headed people.

You forgot aloof sideliners who think they are above everybody else while adding nothing to the conversation.

I see at least one of those.

#333 9 years ago

He's probably on vacation. He probably has no idea this conversation is so damning and he probably couldn't care less after he trotted out the old one-off to shut the whining babies up. I bet he's buying a round of pina coladas out on the baha right now.

I'm just kidding, but not really.

#406 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Transfer ur money from preditors to what ever game two was designed to be. That's a option

Do you really want to buy a pseudo-mythbusters pinball machine? I can't stand those guys or the show and they recently fired everyone I ever did like on the show.

#409 9 years ago

This is the first time I've found myself agreeing with Kaneda. When others mentioned stockholm syndrome they hit the nail on the head. If you look at these things with impartiality, reality IS obvious. How many will be happy to trade in their semi-transparent space killer for a couple of middle-aged sexually-ambiguous establishment nerds?

#415 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

If you were in this project from the beginning, and knew Kevin and company, you wouldn't feel this way. I will continue to give the benefit of doubt to him until I decide not to.

Hence the use of "impartial". I don't know these guys and have absolutely no knowledge of their character or financial position I can only judge situations by the evidence before me.

The skit-b team might be the greatest guys in the world, but that doesn't mean they can't screw up with other people's money. It happens all the time. Has any of them ever successfully carried out a large project on their own? It's just like J-Pop's deal where a certain set of skills is insufficient to carry a project out in totality. It's not like these guys intend to screw up. How many times have we heard "was harder than they thought" WRT new pinball manufacturing? Of course it's harder than you think. That's why you need a team with varying skill sets to see a large project through.

Some people thrive under the diverse pressures of managing and completing a project.. others, not so much. Do you think it's easy for someone to say, "Yes I have your money, but things aren't going well and I'm going to have to change the deal I originally made with you. BTW, I don't have your money to give back so you are stuck with whatever we come up with."

It takes a long time to admit this is the case and a longer time to figure out how you are going to sell the change. You can only buy time so long and when it catches up with you, you don't get the luxury of trust as you sit there on your thumb.

Didn't anyone at expo ask about production and delivery timelines? Or like with J-pop are you all afraid of the guys who hold your money?

#419 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes and games are being built.

Wrong answer. A timeline is different than a statement of status. There must be a problem if a timeline cannot be provided. The question is how large of problem.

#615 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I've read all 13 pages so far and it just makes me sick inside seeing all of you going at each others throats like this. I really feel like we've lost a sense community because of this topic. I wish the mods would have closed it down after about page 4.

I'm very sorry your illusion of a homogeneous group of pinball peaceniks was destroyed by a few simple observations that fly in the face of invested true believers. Maybe the internet just isn't a good thing for you.

#806 9 years ago

So where can I learn more about this machine in case I want to buy one (or maybe even an abandoned spot in line)?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sadsack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-a-scam?tu=sadsack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.