factass.jpg
Internet-Protector.jpg
294409475_9wbdG-L - Copy.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 9.34.41 AM.png
image-134.jpg
image.jpg
image-965.jpg
image-485.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lowepg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#398 9 years ago

"Everything is fine"?

Hmmm. It's amazing the lengths that pinball people will go and the "suspension of reality" they will accept to keep their dreams alive

Something is "not fine."

It's one thing for a company to stop delivering updates. However, its something quite different for them to deliberately sanitize the internet of EVERY single reference to their product! No one does that voluntarily....

Anyone who still believes "everything is fine", please send me a PM. I have a friend in Nigeria who needs your help transferring a LARGE sum of money out of the country.

#462 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

To me, the fact that the game is being built and was just at Expo last week points to the liscence thing being a non-issue and all made up?

Id say the combination of the game ONLY being shown in person and ZERO online "evidence" of its existence (that the license-holder could access) points to the exact opposite.

10x more troubling is them refusing to answer a pre-paid "investor" ....

They dont have an obligation to report to pinside.... but they do have one to the folks that trusted them with their money.

#480 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

Regardless of anything there is no reason he can't send out a simple status update. The president of the United states sends me multiple emails each week.

oh jesus... dont compare Skit-b to the POTUS..... he doesnt deserve THAT kind of disdain

#498 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Seems pinside always has a few people that imagine the worst case scenario rather than the most logical one.

No response to the OP's request for refund
ALL internet sites sanitized of Predator reference...

Tell me again what the "most logical" reason for this is again?

The owner lost his email/Facebook/twitter password or something?
or, wait, what was your other LOGICAL theory?
They sold as many as they want so rather than saying "sold out" (an impressive thing to brag about) they decided to erase any evidence it was ever a product?

Yeah.... your theory is DEFINITELY the most "logical".... lol....

#505 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

this comes to you by lowepg >> a guy that hides behind a screen name, and does not even share his collection on the internet yet questions why someone else may opt to remove all PROTOTYPE documentation of the product in order to remove any confusion of what the final product actually looks like...
seems pretty logcial to me. Remove all the old crap since much of it has changed and been improved.
Release new videos and pictures when you build the first production games.

Hides behind as screen name? huh?
You are aware this is an internet forum right? lol.
And, can I assume by your post that your real name is Whysnow?

but let's get back to your post, because.... its hilarious:
So, NOW, the cover story is he is just doing some "version control" by removing all traces and references to his "product." Dude...er, Mr Whysnow I mean.... you are hilarious!

#510 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

agreed.
Please don't misconstrue my zeal for the game with a love of the business communication or lack of.

Dont worry... I didn't misconstrued your "zeal" with anything business related...I construed it with having eaten too many paint chips as a kid

#534 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

If he has been scamming us and he lied about having the license way back when, then he is an excellent con man and/or I'm a terrible judge of character.

My opinion is "scam" is the wrong word.

It's very possible they started with the best of intentions, build a prototype, then got mired in licensing issues they didn't expect.

In the interim, they had to remove all the offending images....

And, since the truth would like spook people and start a "bank run" they've not been 100% forthcoming with these details...

Thats my GUESS based nearly zero facts

#552 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Maybe he is on vacation. If I was on vacation, that is exactly what I would be doing. Vacationing.

I call bullshit on that.

(Small) business owners don't just "unplug" and go on vacation and just tune out client communications for days/weeks.

Usually quite the opposite, they are more likely busting their asses working 12, 14, 16 hours a day, 7 days a week.

#591 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I only need to address these 3 "facts"

Why do YOU feel the need to address it at all?

Quoted from Whysnow:

Fact: You are out of your element Donny.
Keep it up and I can promise you that you will not like the outcome (i.e. possibly being sued for slander).

lol...

Speaking of getting out of your element.... you may want to hang up your internet lawyer job and stick to your full time gig as Predator Spin Control....

#602 9 years ago
Quoted from JimWilks:

Done that several times already, except I have no game number or production number. No response to any of those over the last 27 days.

Based on that, i think you've shown considerable RESTRAINT. If someone went radio silent with my money for nearly a month I wouldnt be "asking" if its a scam, Id be calling him out as a thief. period.

And, btw, I think the deal with the Australian Rescue WOZ's shows that the squeaky wheel gets the grease around here.... People bitched about that OP getting too negative, but I guaran-damn-tee those machones wouldnt be on the production line today without that public prodding.

Anyways, here's hoping the OP gets his money back.. and everyone else who's probably in line for the same right bout now...

#616 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Basically things that would help a potentially disorganized guy figure out whom you are, ensure he did not previously return the deposit, and then return the deposit (as applicable).

Well that's encouraging.... I can see why youd want to entrust your money for years with such an operation....

So to review, your list of excuses for these guys has gone from:
1. Probably just REALLY busy and cant take a moment to check email and or update the website,
to...

2. Super organized and wanting to make sure OLD data isnt on the website, so all of it is removed so as not to show outdated info/designs/etc, to....

3. So disorganized that he needs a good Samaritan to help him find his ass with both hands because its likely he's misplaced unimportant data like: customer emails, prepayment accounting, etc....

And thats just in the last few hours....

You make "Tanks" defense of JJP look like fair and balanced reporting by comparison.

#620 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pred Plastics.jpg 126 KB

FACT! Spinach!
spinach_bordeaux.jpgspinach_bordeaux.jpg

#630 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Oh good, we've reached the obligatory boob pic portion of the thread.
Mods are watching the thread. Believe me, sine I am paid in full on Predator #207, I am watching. I believe 3 of the mods are Predator buyers.
However, please be civil. I dont want to close the thread... I want answers just like the rest of you.

Sorry... I knew I went too far with the spinach post immediately after I posted it.

I'm sorry...

#643 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

technically it was closer to 3 weeks when he started this thread.

Oh shit, he's only been ignored for 3 weeks.... pffftt.... well, whats the problem then!?!?!

Moderator, close the thread! 3 weeks of email dodging is still within the accepted SLA....

The games long since sold out (according to his PR guy), so presumably the level of emails coming into his suport, sales and personal email is pretty modest right now.

What will it be like when 50 or 100 people turn on brand new machines and have questions/issues?

I'm sure it will be quiet times.....

#648 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

outside of US email and often heavy spam filter with .ca addresses IME.

Good thing a new pinball platform isn't as complicated as figuring out that tricky email thing... oh... wait....

#655 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

he doesnt owe an explanation to pinside on why he pulled the videos. The game is in production and if you don't believe that then you likely won't believe any explanation he would post on pinside.

So, its hugs and kisses on pinside when they want money, but "we dont owe them anything" after they get it?

Cant wait to see the rush of pre-payers for their next title....

Anyways, I cant think of any GOOD reason he was forced to remove all game references.... Here's hoping his forthcoming explanation makes y'all happy.

Good luck!

#745 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I offered to forward on his info to Kevin via the email I had gotten correspondence through and BAM, problem resolved in a few hours..

You certainly had a Strong Hand in this stories happy ending..... Kudos

image.jpgimage.jpg

#758 9 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

So am I correct to assume I can still get in on Predator now.

hmmmm, predator? What's that?

I checked their website and they don't seem to be in the pinball manufacturing business

#761 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pretty sad that the OP had a little freak out

The OP had a freakout?

Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 9.34.41 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-28 at 9.34.41 AM.png

#779 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Jared is lying as usual.
I sent him a rather short PM asking why he did not address the other inaccuracies in his big FACT post. For example why he lied (WAHHHWAHHHHHWAHHHH) about the number of prototypes there have been over the past 2 years when he knew truthfully it was 3 or more and not 1 like he claimed to be fact.

Internet-Protector.jpgInternet-Protector.jpg

#813 9 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

For those keeping track:
THUMBS UP!
Who scored the most thumbs up this past 7 days?
RobT 377
Hwawonyu 251
labnip 249
Aurich 221
Whysnow 200
o-din 184
frolic 180
Rarehero 177
iceman44 173
teekee 164
Whysnow has slipped a little and we have a new leader!

Yes, but you need to qualify for some of those just exactly WHAT their thumb is up....

#823 9 years ago

Epic thread.... and there's a lot of winners here:
1. the OP
2. Whysnots resume for anyfuture "Fearless Boutique Pinball Defender of the Faith" positions that may open up.
3. Smaug
4. MMR coinmech collectors
5. The drunk dude at the Lebowski presentation
5. And Shasta drinkers EVERYWHERE.

#828 9 years ago

Guys.... there's been a lot of emotion here.... and some hurt feelings...... and some strong words thrown around.

It's ok.

Let's just remember there's far more here that binds us together then what separates us.

And we should NEVER forget what's truly important here on pinside:

Somewhere, someplace, there's a kid out there with an awesome autographed DE SW pin and we STILL need to FIND HIM!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lowepg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-a-scam?tu=lowepg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.