factass.jpg
Internet-Protector.jpg
294409475_9wbdG-L - Copy.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 9.34.41 AM.png
image-134.jpg
image.jpg
image-965.jpg
image-485.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lllvjr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#31 9 years ago

Look don't get me wrong, I would hope they make the game. Forget finding time or guys to build them. Who's handling when the games get sent out having issues? Lloyd? I mean who's there parts department, who's spending time on the phones and covering the cost of warranty work. The company as a whole is troubling to put together.

#42 9 years ago

Really?
I'm not trying to troll, I don't dislike u so please don't take this as me im trying to insult you.
After seeing what jack had to go through up close and hoops to jump through. With preditor not showing cabinets built, play fields stacked, wire harnesses waiting for install, mechs stacked in boxes, ect

No way in hell do u see that game by December unless they give you the one that's done already. I just don't see it man. If they had all that stuff stacked ready to put together they would be flashing pictures of stuff to buyers to keep them in the loop and happy not trying to bail. They also would have collected most of ur money not some guys $250 only

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Really?
I'm not trying to troll, I don't dislike u so please don't take this as me im trying to insult you.
After seeing what jack had to go through up close and hoops to jump through. With preditor not showing cabinets built, play fields stacked, wire harnesses waiting for install, mechs stacked in boxes, ect
No way in hell do u see that game by December unless they give you the one that's done already. I just don't see it man. If they had all that stuff stacked ready to put together they would be flashing pictures of stuff to buyers to keep them in the loop and happy not trying to bail. They also would have collected most of ur money not some guys $250 only

I hope I'm wrong

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Everyone on the buyer's list has at least $3K down at this point.

How does this guy only have $250 down then?

#48 9 years ago

Ill step back, I'm not trying to be a dink. I just haven't seen u guys post pictures of anything stacked in boxes other then Matt who made a ton bone parts early

#51 9 years ago

I also think this title should be changed predator isn't a scam. They have made a game, they have invested time and money. I think the title of this thread needs adjustment

#53 9 years ago

They must be skipping UL testing that can take one, two, or three months in itself. Plus that ties up the only game they made, they would need a second one for testing

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

a few things...
1. Sounds like the OP is out of the communication loop completely. I am not sure where the signals were crossed but at least 250 people were all able to get the email and send the minimum required 3k in by now. The title is sold out and there is still a substantial waiting list. It seems to me the OP supposedly missed the June 28th deadline for payment of 3k to hold his spot and needs to get his $250 back??? No idea how that happened but seems to be a communication issue.
2. This is a sold out boutique game. I would like more communication but I can completely understand why they are not publicly sharing photos of parts stacked in a room. There is no real benefit to doing so. Those that are still in have faith in the project and soon enough I believe you will have pictures and reports from the first batch actually being played in homes (offer still stands that other local Predator owners are welcome to come play mine when it arrives). Maybe I am too optimitic, but at least I am willing to put my money behind that optimism.

Crazy, can't understand why they wouldn't promote their work. They are not jpop hiding new patents and secrets. I hope u get it by December.

#60 9 years ago

Original poster should edit title.

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Stakes are clear
I am betting I will be playing my physical game in this calendar year.
pink slips for a current title and loser pays shipping. You are not publicly sharing your collection so hard to make a bet with you as I don't even know what you have or are willing to put on the line.

Ballzy... Guess they decided to skip the UL testing.

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It just seems strange that pinside was used heavily for 2 way communication and now crickets.
I mean, how difficult to switch on pc and type a post??

What's a pc? I haven't used a pc since they invented the iphone

#170 9 years ago

Did the group really wait three years to check if skit b had the preditor license? Or need to have it?

#171 9 years ago

Pinside police must have been snoozing

#200 9 years ago

most likely guess would be recently they had a license issue and are working it out....i dont think its a scam...these guys go to shows not one a bunch..there all over the place..there not skipping town. lets just hear from the horses mouth if theres a license issue or not...theres no scam they intended to build games...intended anyway...maybe just hitting a wall to sort through

#201 9 years ago

they were at expo...with the game...don't laugh to hard..i pointed out that there was a fly under the glass in the play field of sonic the hedge hog pin....it was flying around trying to get out lol..they just had put the game on the legs,we were both laughing when he saw it. hes like ya agh that game was in my garage...he opened the glass and let it free haha

#297 9 years ago

Someone call Kevin who's got his cell number

#314 9 years ago
Quoted from jammer74:

What build or production # are you?

What's yours?

What's your ss number do u have a green card? What's your mailing address? Do u pay your taxes?

Seriously lol

#362 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I do not believe there is a scam at all, Kevin or Jpop just find that making a pinball machine is more difficult than they thought, especially for Kevin who did not have 33 years in the industry like John.

We were all lucky jack got to the finish line with a real company.

#393 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

According to Kevin the licensing is fine.
Why would kaneda say those terrible things when he so clearly has no clue? I would love to know what motivates people to say those terrible lies. I suspect drunken arrogant posting, but the arrogance and "holier than thou" and the "I am better than Pinside, I am Kaneda" really shines through in this thread.

Speculation is the mother of all evils. Only way to combat it is the ruler him self to come state the facts.

#402 9 years ago

Transfer ur money from preditors to what ever game two was designed to be. That's a option

#404 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This is pretty much the stupidest thread on all of pinside and that is saying a lot.
I can hardly believe how much completely made up crap is in here!
For all those that are feeding and saying these false statements, what are you going to do when the game is delivered?

I would think they are happy for the company and buyers

#443 9 years ago

If u don't talk about fight club then there is no fight club

Don't pay royalties on something you don't publicly sell. Word of mouth and cash sales who's to know but them and us lol

All hypythical of course. I have nothing to do with this

#484 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

According to Kevin the license is fine.
I received an email from Skit-B fairly recently, last few weeks or so.
Why would anyone promote a sold out product? It is sold out. Promotion needs are over.
Post edited by rommy: paragraph

Guy started this thread cause he wants a refund. So it's not sold out.

#491 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Game is 100% sold out. The guy that started this thread was never in since he paid nothing over the intiail $250. After June 28th? anyone not paying in up to 3k was out and their spot went to the next in line. When I spoke with Kevin at Expo he confirmed that the game was sold out.

Wow, so they kept his $250 for five months and didn't tell him. I know its short money but I guess if he didn't follow the payment rules they don't have to feel bad about letting him chase them.

#492 9 years ago

Glad it's moving forward for u, I'm sure u will enjoy the game and people's money when u publish pictures of the unboxing before december

#496 9 years ago
Quoted from JimWilks:

I signed onto the Predator preorder list some years back.
The ongoing updates looked good and then they asked for a deposit of $250. Skit-B assured buyers that there was no risk and that we could cancel at any time. So I made the initial deposit of $250 by PayPal about 2 years ago.
The updates kept coming, but were more infrequent. Then, last February, I received an email saying that "Mission Complete" had been achieved and that I would soon be asked to complete payment in order to ensure delivery as the games would be produced starting in April at 40 games per month. All again seemed good.
Then, communications from Skit-B completely stopped. I happened to speak to someone I knew who had also signed up for Predator and he said that he had been receiving updates and had just paid his game in full.
I emailed Kevin at SKit-B and he immediately responded. He was all apologies and said that he would ensure that I got back in the loop for communications.
A month went by and nothing more. At this point, I had had enough. I emailed Kevin and said I'd like to withdraw from this project and would like my deposit back, as had been promised all along. No reply. I again emailed Kevin, the support email and event tried filling in the contact page. Again, no reply.
At his point I'm wondering if my money is long gone.
Jim

U were kicked out when u didn't send more money at the time of request... Hope u have a receipt of payment! Enjoy

#507 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am guessing there are paths crossed or possible that the OP has not even reached out to the correct email for SkitB?
Kevin is not good with the online communications and seems to spike the ball every few months with catching up on emails (not saying that is good practice with a business but seems to be his style) so my guess is that the email was either filtered, sent to the wrong address, a reply was filtered, or Kevin has simply not looked at the email since it was sent. He has not appeared online for a few months and my best guess is he is VERY busy with trying to get games built and out the door?

Ya I know, it makes sense that it gets lost in the shuffle. Hopefully all this posting just like the jpop thread gets these company's to realize they need to be more attentive to their customers. If that means hiring more help so be it. U can't expect to cover every facet of a pinball company/boutique on your own with no issues

#726 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm just saying, but some companies solve this problem in an easy fashion, and then there's no speculation and drama. Kevin could solve all this in a similar fashion. Maybe he can't, I dunno.
I'm not in on the game, so I won't make a big deal out of it, but maybe in the future for these smaller shops we might want to look for more of this:

DP-UPL-Press-Release.pdf 28 KB

That's cool to see

#729 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pred Plastics.jpg 126 KB

whysnow, if your so confident the games getting done on time and ur going to make all this money in December when the game ships to u. Why don't u mail the guy who started this thread his $250... When skit b sends him a check he' ll forward it to u.

#741 9 years ago

Well op problem solved. Lock the thread... Next thread will have to be started for something else

#744 9 years ago

image-965.jpgimage-965.jpgimage-485.jpgimage-485.jpg

#777 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

The OP had a freakout?

Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 9.34.4... 27 KB

Hey I made the list awesome !

I need to step up my game, I'm way behind

#786 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

what is a factass?

I got this one

image-55.jpgimage-55.jpg

#793 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

my bad. thought that was an original term. google is my friend.

Stepping up my game, helping a fellow pinsider out!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lllvjr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-a-scam?tu=lllvjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.