(Topic ID: 107295)

Predator seemed like a scam --- but eventually happily resolved!

By JimWilks

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 841 posts
  • 196 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 57 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

abandon-thread.gif
chair-1.jpg
InStyle-Outtakes-Wallpaper-olivia-wilde-3805786-1280-800.jpg
olivia-wilde-2 thumbs up.gif
pinside-posting-madness-1.png
image.jpg
pinside.JPG
image-55.jpg
factass.jpg
Internet-Protector.jpg
294409475_9wbdG-L - Copy.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 9.34.41 AM.png
image-134.jpg
image.jpg
image-965.jpg
image-485.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimwilks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 5 years ago

I signed onto the predator preorder list some years back.

The ongoing updates looked good and then they asked for a deposit of $250. Skit-B assured buyers that there was no risk and that we could cancel at any time. So I made the initial deposit of $250 by PayPal about 2 years ago.

The updates kept coming, but were more infrequent. Then, last February, I received an email saying that "Mission Complete" had been achieved and that I would soon be asked to complete payment in order to ensure delivery as the games would be produced starting in April at 40 games per month. All again seemed good.

Then, communications from Skit-B completely stopped. I happened to speak to someone I knew who had also signed up for Predator and he said that he had been receiving updates and had just paid his game in full.

I emailed Kevin at SKit-B and he immediately responded. He was all apologies and said that he would ensure that I got back in the loop for communications.

A month went by and nothing more. At this point, I had had enough. I emailed Kevin and said I'd like to withdraw from this project and would like my deposit back, as had been promised all along. No reply. I again emailed Kevin, the support email and event tried filling in the contact page. Again, no reply.

At his point I'm wondering if my money is long gone.

Jim

Post edited by JimWilks: Problems resolved

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

I tried not to make it a public thing, but I think I'll chime in here. I still have not gotten my deposit back. When it came time to put up or show up, I decided the game wasn't for me in the end. But after a couple emails I still haven't received my money or even a reply from Skit-B. Im being patient because feel like Im a nice guy and I get the pressure these guys are on, but if machines ship before I get my deposit back? I wont be happy.

Seems like I'm not alone in being stiffed for a refund.

#582 5 years ago
Quoted from AloneMordakai:

Thread title seems like a valid question to me, since OP said he's tried 4 times to contact Kevin, using several different methods, and has not been refunded his money, as was promised.

My first email requesting a refund was sent on October 1. Since then, I've sent more emails to various SkitB email addresses, but all have been completely ignored. Here we stand almost 4 weeks later with no progress at all. To me, this seems like it could be a scam. Hence the thread title.

#601 5 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Send an email with your name, game number and production number to Kevin@SkitBPinball.com. I don't remember if there was some stipulation that if you didn't respond by the time the $3000 deposit was due you would lose the initial deposit. I'll have to go back and look at all the emails Skit-B sent me.

Done that several times already, except I have no game number or production number. No response to any of those over the last 27 days.

#604 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

send me your info and who you emailed to and I will try to forward it on from my email account.

PM sent.

#640 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pretty sure his email was also filtered since it is a screwy one that is prone to spam filtering.

Yea, my email is hosted through a bit of a screwy upstart company that you probably have never heard of. It's that Google outfit. What do they know about email?

#737 5 years ago

I received an email from Kevin at SkitB last night wondering if I had some problem. This clearly was in response to a pinsider contacting him.

I explained the situation and he then PayPal'd me my refund. Clearly, this would not have happened without Pinside members assistance. No explanation for all my previously ignored emails.

Thanks to Kevin of SkitB for finally coming through.

Thanks to Pinside for your assistance.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7.00
Electronics
APB Enterprises
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.99
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimwilks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside