factass.jpg
Internet-Protector.jpg
294409475_9wbdG-L - Copy.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 9.34.41 AM.png
image-134.jpg
image.jpg
image-965.jpg
image-485.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jared.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#422 9 years ago

I would like to say that my dealings with Kevin in person have been good. He seems to be sincere, kind and passionate about pinball. I would not doubt that he truly loves this hobby and what he does.

Reading through this thread though, here is something no-one has ever brought up.

When Farsight was wanting to make T2 for Pinball Arcade, they had to do a kickstarter to acquire enough money to purchase the licensing rights. This was reported at the time to be almost entirely because of the inclusion of Arnold Schwarzenegger. They raised over $60,000

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1067367405/pinball-arcade-terminator-2-judgment-day

The logic here seems to point that if Arnold and his likeness cost a company like Farsight $60,000 just to use in a DIGITAL FORM for a game they are charging $5 for, that a similar license for Skit-B for 250 games valued at thousands of dollars each would be.... much more. Far more.

Of course, this is just me thinking out loud here and perhaps should be taken with a grain of salt. If it cost farsight $60k, why would it not cost Skit-B $120k... or more?

Who knows.

I find it immensely odd that there is no mention of the game on any of their official online sources and that videos have been taken off of youtube. The fact that deliberately made videos have been removed is concerning to say the least.

I truly hope for the best in this situation and that those who paid for the game get it as expected and those who requested refunds receive them as promised.

#485 9 years ago

LOL. Why wouldn't they promote predator? I suppose on STERNS website they should just put little graphic that says "just trust us" when you hit past games.

http://sternpinball.com/games/archive

Showing a long history of games establishes credibility, professionalism and prestige. I may not be able to buy Skit-B's first game, but you will be damn sure that I assess their first game before deciding to order their second!

When you are a brand new company and you are trying to establish credibility with potential customers, you need photos of your work and proof of your accomplishments to cement your status as a serious builder. Truly, why would anyone put in a pre-order on MOD when they cannot even find pics of Predator on their website?

At $3000 X 250 = $750,000 this is literally "the game that built Skit-b" and their website needs to reflect that.

#525 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thread title inferring Predator is in fact a scam seems pretty personal

Prove that it's not.

FACT: Requests for refund have gone unanswered.
FACT: No-one has received their game.
FACT: There are no published photos of games being made in bulk.
FACT: The same prototype game has gone to events for years now.
FACT: All mentions, photos and information about the game has been removed from their site.
FACT: Videos that were uploaded by skit-b to youtube were later removed for unknown reasons.
FACT: Farsight paid $60,000+ for license fees related to using the likeness of Arnold in a pinball.
FACT: Licenses expire after a certain amount of time.
FACT: Communication from Skit-B on pinside, despite getting $750,000 from pinside members, is non existent.
FACT: In the past lack of predator info on website was blamed on lack of time for such updates.
FACT: When a company issues a C&D letter they ask that all logos, photos and video of their property be removed the web.
FACT: You cannot mass produce a Predator Pinball with Arnold Schwarzenegger on the playfield and DMD without a license agreement from 20th Century Fox.

Now...

I am not saying Skit-B and Predator are a scam.

I am saying the facts don't look good when you look at them.

Here's to hoping this ends well for all parties.

#706 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I only need to address these 3 "facts"
Fact: Requests for a $250 initial deposit to be refunded were addressed in the original terms. You have ZERO idea of what is going on with the 2 people that claim to have never gotten their 250 refund but either way based on the terms they may not be entitled to it (I think more likely they have not sent communication properly or wires were crossed). This is a non-issue since FAR more people which have requested even larger refunds have gotten them
Fact: You have ZERO powers of observation and your claim that this is the same prototype from the past few years are both completely false and show your complete ignorance on the issue. This further demonstrates your intent is to defame and slander the SkitB company. Without question the game at MPE 2 years ago was different from the game at MGC last year which was different from the game at expo this year. You either did not even look at these games or are just that dense. I mean seriously... the Fucking playfields were completely different. Did you even look at the games during this timeframe? I can probably point out 3 things that even a complete moron would notice if he looked that any of the last 3 prototypes (pretty sure there have been at least 4 prototypes now?; but most noticeable have been changed light and black lights, all changed plastics, tweaked ramps, modified/fine touches on pf art, and for obvious proof of whole new pfs in the past 3 iterations... the holes sizes for the standups right in the middle of the pf have changed.)
Fact: You had better watch what you say when you make false claims that are intended to damage the reputation of a business. You can not say these "facts" without evidence to back them up. You have ZERO proof of SkitB getting a C&D letter and stating such as fact leaves no legal grey area for you to operate. You are very clearly stating a fact that you have no proof of. You have no proof of them not issuing refunds AND you have no proof of them not making multiple prototypes over the past few years.
they own YOU nothing! Read it again, they own you nothing!
Fact: You are out of your element Donny.
Keep it up and I can promise you that you will not like the outcome (i.e. possibly being sued for slander).

Wow. Which Pinside attorney wants to handle my case? lol

I never claimed that Skit-B got a C&D. I have no knowledge of such things and would never say they did. I simply laid out that when (any) company sends (anyone) a C&D letter it would typically include provisions like removing images, logos, information and media related to the property. That's all.

Coincidentally, all images, information and videos having to do with predator pinball have been removed from the skit-b website for no publicly known reason.

Just a coincidence.

I genuinely hope that this is all resolved, the games are great and get shipped soon and skit-b has a long and successful history with this hobby. I truly do. Predator working out for everyone is good for pinball, and that's a FACT.

#756 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pretty sad that the OP had a little freak out...

The only person here truly having a freak out is you dude. Sending me a PM calling me a "Factass" and writing a small novel going off on me... you are mental. Seriously. Mental. This whole thread is crawling with proof.

Quoted from Whysnow:

refund issued immediately.

Immediately after several days and 15 pages and 750 posts and the most visible thread on the most visible pinball forum in the world. Sounds pretty immediate.

Oh, I am sure you will have some long winded f-bomb infused excuse for that too.

There have been many allegations and questions brought up in this thread that are exponentially more important than a $250 refund. I am very happy that the OP finally got the refund he was deserved, but that is only the first issue in a long list of concerns that both buyers of the game and potential skit-b customers in the future have. Those concerns should be addressed as well.

Here's to hoping this dramatic period is put to pasture and the games are all made and shipped as intended, with Skit-B earning praise in the process and becoming a larger and more well known manufacturer. The guys have been nothing less than awesome to me in person and I know they have a passion for what they do, so I continue to wish them the best.

#764 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Is that why last year you opted to go into the expo hall and try to rig up and record some stealth video footage to show the UV did not work like you thought it would?

Did not work like I thought it would? It did not work at all. Not in the dark, not with a giant Florescent Tube... it didn't work. At the time the lack of UV effect was blamed on "the glass absorbing the ultraviolet rays" lol... but the truth was that this playfield (which is now several versions ago) was not the final product.

This would not have been an issue had Kevin not told Marc Oradat (Elevation Games) ((who was in on the game and paid at the time)) that the playfield at Expo 13 was "UV ready". He wanted to see the truth. He wanted to know.

Where did I get a giant UV light 900 miles from my house? Another well known boutique manufacture who was just as curious as we all were. He provided it. He wanted to know as well. We all did.

Perhaps as a result of that... several iterations and more than a year later... the UV effect has now been substantially improved. The version they had at EXPO14 was something to the tune of twice as good as last year. Good for them.

#783 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Jared is lying as usual.

Seriously? As usual?

factass.jpgfactass.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jared.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-a-scam?tu=jared and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.