factass.jpg
Internet-Protector.jpg
294409475_9wbdG-L - Copy.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 9.34.41 AM.png
image-134.jpg
image.jpg
image-965.jpg
image-485.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#265 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

So what did we learn? Communication could eliminate much of the natives carrying pitchforks jumping from MMr, Hobbit, JPOP and now Predator boards. You pinball makers want to embrace the community and leverage online to position yourselves as different than Stern and sell boutique pins - then act that way after you get our money not just before. You are one of us when you go back to acting like one of us - communicating honestly whether we like the message or not.
Marketing 101 - big or small you can't escape the basics once you have our deposit

Whysnow, I had a fun bet re Jpop and delivery this year. I'm already waving the white flag and sending RD his case of beer. I would caution you with going overboard here!

COMMUNICATION!

What irks me the most about these guys, any of them, all of them, is the attitude they take once money changes hands. Jpop had a very detailed and organized time line with features detailed etc., all necessary to get our $$$ up front. At least he has a "courtesy blog" despite a lack of a timeline and answers to simple questions until recently.

With Kevin and Skitb, everybody remembers how impressed we ALL were, what seems like yesterday but was years ago when Kevin was the new guy on the block and was answering detailed questions non stop, on these Pinside threads.

It made people optimistic that finally we had someone who would listen to the consumer, a "hobbyist" building a pin.

What's happened since, the only blackout UV mode with Predator is Kevin's silence. It's why I backed out. Congrats though to the other 250 and I hope it all ends well and you have a great pin!

To let people come on here and speculate, fill in the gaps, just like with Jpop, is STUPID!

Whether it's JJP with Smaug and past misrepresentations, Jpop with secrecy, Skitb with all of this BS, Stern with code and the collective pathetic nature of all of their presentations, DP excluded, it just blows me away that someone can't/won't take the lead here on marketing and selling a pinball machine the right way, from F ing start to finish!

Are you next DP? Let's hope not.

The lack of info and communication, the fact that Predator has been removed from the website, twitter, etc. I'm going to CONCLUDE that they don't have the license, prove everybody wrong, communicate. Seriously, wtf

Good luck everybody, as a guy that suffered through Woz and now with Jpop, I hope it all ends well!

#310 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Are you saying you can't have an opinion or can't post in this thread unless you have pre paid??

Oh yeah! I've listened to a lot of "opinions" over the last several years with Woz and Jpop to a lesser degree, non pre order people, but the funny thing about Expo, it has seemed to bring the pinball community together a bit more, at least here on pinside.

Have an opinion, hell yeah, it helps everybody, and at the end of the day, maybe all of these guys will be a little more "accountable" and "truthful". After all, they are taking our $$$.

Stern is the only one that says here it is, buy it or don't. And yet if they keep up their coding BS and overpricing their LE's by comparison, it will be more of the "don't".

Thanks to DP and Heighway! Now everybody else, step up!

#331 9 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

am in... and I talked with Kevin at expo. I am still in - however it is pretty hard to debate the fact that zero communication is a poor business practice. For the record, I do not think that pinside needs to be that platform for Skit-B communication. A web site would be nice, but at a minimum there should be a monthly email sent out to the 250 individuals that believe in Skit-B and their product.

Sooner or later, even the strong that believe will grow wary when they hear nothing but silence.

Hang in there Kevin. I just don't understand though "WHY" he wouldn't communicate on Pinside. He generated all of his orders on Pinside. He started out answering all of everybody's questions on Pinside. Why quit after taking all the deposits?

It's THE FORUM for pinball and the best place for a boutique guy to shine! I don't get it, maybe he doesn't ever want to make another pin. If that's the case then at least communicate with the 250 owners.

#437 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I agree that they need to communicate but see no need for them to do it publically.
A simple email in private to the 250 buyers with a photo or 2 and a simple update of status would be enough.

Why not? They raised all the $$$ on here "publicly". Answered every question initially "online".

Where is the "simple email"? Wtf, many of the "250 buyers" have questions, glad you are part of the secret NDA club with Kevin.

What a bunch of BS.

#438 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It'll be really rich if they turn their back on Pinside, but then reappear when its time to look for money for game 2.

Uhhhh, that ain't happenin, not a F ing chance in hell with me now. That's why I along with many others are interested in what all these guys are doing and HOW they are doing it. That is why we read these forums and have an opinion. That is also gonna dictate how many of us spend our future $$$.

#489 9 years ago

The lack of the simple and basic task of bookkeeping, if that is an issue, is not good, ie Jpop.

Answer this one Hilton, if you know for a fact that they are currently building Predators right now then how can there be any licensing issues unless they like throwing away expensive play fields? So I guess licensing is a green light

How many cabs have been printed for "production"

#497 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

The trouble is that using logic infers the exact opposite!

I was gonna say the same thing. Nothing is logical about any of this. But hey, maybe that is just par for the pinball course. I don't understand 80% of the shit any of them do

#501 9 years ago

"become unsettling to some and has allowed this to lead to this fire which has been largely stoked on by naysayers that are not even in on the game and as far as I am concerned have zero reason to be entitled to ANY information.
I personally hope Kevin sends out an email to all owners in the near future and asks then to keep it private and not repost on the internet. I see no reason for any info to be provided to anyone that is not paid in for 3k+ at this point."

Wow. I'm gonna take my toys and go home. That's a pathetic attitude imo. If he really takes everything that personally, he won't last long

Let's hope his attitude isn't on the same lines of yours.

That said, despite what I see as a total lack of respect for the other 245 owners that know nothing, I hope it works out for you guys on Predator.

#530 9 years ago

Last time I checked we consumers/pinsiders are all in the SAME boat!

We all deserve honesty and accountability from anybody that takes our $$$.

Expo changed things for the better and I hope we start working together instead of against each other.

#547 9 years ago

Does Kevin have another job? How does he support himself over these last several years? Does he devote all of his working time and effort to building pinball machines? SkitB his sole source of income? What happened to his partner?

Could it also be that there is no way a boutique guy can build a pinball machine in a quantity of 250 for $4750 per pin? Is that too good to be true?

I agree with Lowepg, "scam" is not the right word, trying to drink from a firehose, more like it.....he does seem like a good guy with great intentions originally. I'm gonna say over and over, honesty and communication!

#561 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Did he address the IP issue being speculated on here?

IP must be a non issue if he's building them right? Printed cabs and play fields aren't cheap.

I guess it will remain a mystery for now!

#572 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

(Small) business owners don't just "unplug" and go on vacation and just tune out client communications for days/weeks.

Usually quite the opposite, they are more likely busting their asses working 12, 14, 16 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Not sure what other guys have to do but I'm literally on call 24/7 no matter where I'm at. It's just part of what I do for my clients and thankfully I have help. I've learned to live with never "unplugging". There is always an email or phone call to return. If I stop and ignore it or had nobody else to deal with issues or questions then I'd be done pretty fast.

Pinball and Pinside give me some escape from the non stop!

#578 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Whysnow- Are you indicating that they have the time to file suit (he won't like the outcome) and not time to respond to customers?

If he was peeved about everybody taking a dump on the #2 announcement (hmmm #2) maybe he should have picked a better theme. To not communicate for months is acting like a petulant child and you are feeding right into it.

Maybe he is just giving the middle finger to Pinside?

#581 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Also, if he keeps it up I would not be surprised if his loud mouth writes a few checks his ass can't cash. I don't think that SkitB is the type but with the outright lies and Jared's attempt to do harm with false accusations it would be a pretty easy case.

Please Hilton, can you just get us some real facts, there is no NDA. I'd defend Jared for free and counter sue for filing a frivolous lawsuit but its such a joke that I'm rotflmao

#594 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Real facts : I am sure SkitB will discuss with their customers when they decide to.
If you are a customer and need info then seems like it is pretty easy to email them and get a response.... At least 2 people have said they are in contact with them today.

Trying not to beat a dead horse here but their "customers" are/is Pinside, people that were in, are in, and may be "in" in the future, to ignore that fact doesn't make it right.

I'm representing the interests of all of us downtrodden, abused and unloved Pinsiders that have been trampled upon repeatedly over and over again! Which includes the owners that don't want to speak up.

I got my $250 refund finally in August, no big deal, never sweated it. He did a few weeks after the "hard deadline" in June send an email asking if I was sure I wanted out. Huh?

#599 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I don't remember if there was some stipulation that if you didn't respond by the time the $3000 deposit was due you would lose the initial deposit. I'll have to go back and look at all the emails Skit-B sent me.

Not at all, if you didn't respond you supposedly were out at the deadline, although not really. But then the $250 would be refunded. I think they are still spinning from trying to figure out who's in, who's out, who's paid and who still is owed $250, much less trying to build a pinball machine.

#625 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Fact

Pred Plastics.jpg 126 KB

Any pictures of play field racks (or titty racks), cabs or pins in production? Jk (not really) NDA

Did you watch TWD last night Hilton, we are going to eat your leg next!

#632 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

However, please be civil. I dont want to close the thread... I want answers just like the rest of you.

You mean we can't eat Hilton's leg?

<edit> No walking dead fans here? Wtf

#650 9 years ago

Since we are in a "Predator" thread, maybe it would be appropriate to post vaginas?

See if we can match the Predator face with the vagina, closest one wins a new pin?

#660 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

He sent me an email stating everything is going as planned, he doesnt owe an explanation to pinside on why he pulled the videos.

That's an interesting attitude to have. Considering he generated nearly 100% of sales on here. I wonder how Robin feels about that in light of the Pinside presentation at Expo.

I wonder how pre order campaigns like this will go in the future here on Pinside. I don't blame Robin for monetizing some of Pinside and benefits it bring to others, especially those selling to Pinsiders. Maybe that's not what he was talking about.

Well it doesn't really matter, I hope all you guys get your pins and are happy with them, one of the coolest themes ever. For me, however, this is one less vendor I have to worry about in the future.

#755 9 years ago

It's funny, some of you same guys were doing the exact same thing with Woz for years and now it's TH. Pot meet kettle.

I defended and drank so much Woz kool aid my lips are permanently purple! I was wrong then with JJP and more recently with Jpop. Anybody asking for honesty and communication affects everybody here, like it or not.

The idea that if you are one of the "owners" and it's F everybody else and what they think is ridiculous. This attitude just perpetuates the BS that these guys get away with after they have our $$$.

When I was an owner, questions never got answered then like UL testing.

Keep burying your heads in the sand. We are on the same side as consumers. One day some of you might realize that.

It was sold on Pinside, it's talked about on Pinside, and you are going to get all sides. Get over it

#759 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

this is a joke, right?

I don't see it as a joke? Why? 100% of people fully paid up? Anybody that wants one will be able to get one. Ever see a FS thread asking somebody to "take over my spot". You want one, you'll be able to get one when and if they make it

#769 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You can contact Kevin to get on the waitlist. Unlikely many dropped after seeing and playing the NEW prototype at expo with completely new playfield, redesigned UV lighting, completely new plastics, and new add-on lighting from Hemi.

The game was the best it has ever been and once the pro ramps are on this game is going to be a well oiled machine.

I suggest if you have any interest that you contact Kevin. There are a few naysayers in this thread on the waitlist but I have not heard of any of them getting in even though I am guessing that was part of their motive in this thread.

You are cracking me up Hilton! You def are one of the best pumpers on Pinside, no doubt. The Wooly guy should give you a commission.

I like your passion though.....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-a-scam?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.