(Topic ID: 107295)

Predator seemed like a scam --- but eventually happily resolved!

By JimWilks

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 841 posts
  • 196 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 57 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

abandon-thread.gif
chair-1.jpg
InStyle-Outtakes-Wallpaper-olivia-wilde-3805786-1280-800.jpg
olivia-wilde-2 thumbs up.gif
pinside-posting-madness-1.png
image.jpg
pinside.JPG
image-55.jpg
factass.jpg
Internet-Protector.jpg
294409475_9wbdG-L - Copy.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 9.34.41 AM.png
image-134.jpg
image.jpg
image-965.jpg
image-485.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homebrew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#70 5 years ago

In the last day I sent an email to Skit-B telling them to hurry up and start production, after all I am 66 and do not know how long I might live.

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

The best internet scam that I ever heard of was a normal guy who had been selling on eBay for years; btw this story dates back maybe 10 years. A guy with a large amount of positive feedback sold a bunch of collectables all valued in the $5000-15000 range. He listed in his auction that he was going to be out of the country for a bit and that everything would be sent out when he got back. The items were staggered to end over a 10-20 day period. About the time that the first buyer was getting anxious that they hadn't received their item was the same time that the final buyer was sending their cashiers check out. If memory serves me correctly the final take was over $1,000,000. It was pretty smooth. I don't know that he was patient enough to plan this and therefore take the time to build feedback and reputation or if he just suddenly decided to steal then disappear. If it was patience it wasn't the first buyer that got burned but rather someone down the line. My point is I seriousiy doubt that the Predator pin is a scam; perhaps they just bit off a lot and are realizing the complexity of mass producing something from scratch. With that being said I should take whysnow up on his offer; my reservation is placing a bet with a person that I have never met. If I lose my pin goes out the next day. If I win I have to rely on a person that I have never met to be honorable; only a fool would make that bet because the loser would be under no obligation to uphold their end. "Yes your honor! I made a bet with an out of state guy who I have never met and now he's not keeping his end! Will you force him to send me the pinball?" When I was 18 my mother's boyfriend's father bet me that I couldbt row across the lake and back before dark. I did it and then the dirt bag backed out. Yes it was nice knowing that everytime he saw me he knew I thought he was trash; it was better than having the hundred dollars. Here? Risking a pin? That juice isn't worth the squeeze. I will put $100 up that you don't have your purchased Predator by 12/31/2014.

Paragraphs dude, and spelling.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 190.00
Tools
PinDoc Restorations
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 15.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 229.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
€ 6.50
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 275.00
$ 218.00
$ 21.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 69.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homebrew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside