(Topic ID: 107295)

Predator seemed like a scam --- but eventually happily resolved!

By JimWilks

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 841 posts
  • 196 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 57 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

abandon-thread.gif
chair-1.jpg
InStyle-Outtakes-Wallpaper-olivia-wilde-3805786-1280-800.jpg
olivia-wilde-2 thumbs up.gif
pinside-posting-madness-1.png
image.jpg
pinside.JPG
image-55.jpg
factass.jpg
Internet-Protector.jpg
294409475_9wbdG-L - Copy.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 9.34.41 AM.png
image-134.jpg
image.jpg
image-965.jpg
image-485.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#125 5 years ago

I believe Skit-b to be completely sincere in their quest to produce Predator but understaffed, likely underfunded (under charging), lacking critical expertise in key areas and never changed how they do business from their earliest beginnings to now being a million dollar biz (250 x $5000).

Till everyone gets their games this is going to be a bumpy ride.

#187 5 years ago

I hope this rumor can be put to rest real quick. If there is something up, this has been going on for a long time, that website without Predator has been that way a while.

It never made sense to me that even with the game "sold out" you don't say shit about it on your own site?

#198 5 years ago

No one has stated anything unequivocally, just asking questions and pointing to suspicious things.

#325 5 years ago

This is ridiculous that this thread has gone on as long as it has. There are real people that have spoken up waiting for refunds and like it or not this game was possible Because of the support of Pinside. So to go silent now is beyond bad business.

#390 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's weird, I heard the "SkitB doesn't have the license" rumor at least a year ago if not more.

I remember hearing that a long time ago as well. As time went on and the game progressed, those rumors seemed ridiculous. Now, I don't know.

Because there was some intent shown by removing the game from the website, facebook, twitter and youtube, there is definitely far more going on than we know of and its been going on for a while.

#432 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I agree that they need to communicate but see no need for them to do it publically.

It'll be really rich if they turn their back on Pinside, but then reappear when its time to look for money for game 2.

#449 5 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Of course, this is just me thinking out loud here and perhaps should be taken with a grain of salt. If it cost farsight $60k, why would it not cost Skit-B $120k... or more?

The crazy thing is, whatever amount of money Fox needs for this license is well worth it. No other boutique has sales anywhere close to 250. The license is what carried this game.

#471 5 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

I've been following the project since it appeared at MPE years ago, and I could be wrong, but I don't remember a similar back-and-forth process with the studio concerning Predator art.

The only back and forth was with us.

#477 5 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I received an email from Kevin and for the record he has always responded pretty quickly to me.

Maybe you can ask him to respond to the OP?

#548 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

My opinion is "scam" is the wrong word.

Depending on how this goes and how close some of the things said in this thread are.... Clusterf__k might be a better word.

#670 5 years ago

Can the oP at least get his refund?

#752 5 years ago

OP got his refund, but the whole can of worms that followed was never addressed. I guess time will tell. Good luck to everyone else with money in on this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 129.00
Displays
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 109.99
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 89.99
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 79.00
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 50.00
$ 26.95
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball USA
$ 19.99
Playfield - Plastics
Docquest Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside