(Topic ID: 107295)

Predator seemed like a scam --- but eventually happily resolved!

By JimWilks

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 841 posts
  • 196 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 57 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

abandon-thread.gif
chair-1.jpg
InStyle-Outtakes-Wallpaper-olivia-wilde-3805786-1280-800.jpg
olivia-wilde-2 thumbs up.gif
pinside-posting-madness-1.png
image.jpg
pinside.JPG
image-55.jpg
factass.jpg
Internet-Protector.jpg
294409475_9wbdG-L - Copy.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 9.34.41 AM.png
image-134.jpg
image.jpg
image-965.jpg
image-485.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craz4pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#191 5 years ago

Okay, I can understand you guys being impatient and even having a few concerns. But Kevin is a standup guy with a real passion for pinball. You don't build multiple custom games and do what he has done simply for the sake of taking people's money and skipping town. He has a beautiful family and from Facebook alone I can tell you they are very busy. Has he run into licensing issues? Possibly. Has he run into supplier issues? Quite likely. But I think it's silly to even remotely suggest this is a "scam". Thats terrible. Im sure he is feeling significant pressure and just trying to get his arms wrapped around all the challenges in front of him before he communicates something more. Remain calm!

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from Hudson:

For someone to supposedly producing 250 "Predator" pinball machines and not having a single mention of it anywhere on their web site(s) IS cause for concern. Even more so is that it was listed and then obviously pulled. My suspicions is that the license was not obtained and at this point if it is produced, they are trying to not draw attention to it for obvious legal reasons.
I could be wrong, but that would be my gut instinct.
Its either that or they have failed marketing 101.

Yes, you can absolutely be wrong to suggest they never had the license and are considering producing it illegally. Some might even call that slander and libelous. Considering Kevin has been an incredibly well respected and active pinhead in all things pinball related for MANY years, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Kevin needs to post here soon. Natives are restless and with a vacuum of latest info folks fill the gaps in with other stuff. Then that stuff becomes fact whether it's real or not.

He certainly does not have the army of foot soldiers to patrol Pinside nonstop like JJP does. Although Im sure he is working hard, it is not spent sitting on Pinside constantly. Keep trying to email him.

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

He said they were suspicions and gut feelings not facts, so it is not slander/libel.
Also, you do just as much in the WOZ threads.

Lol .. yes, ive stated strong opinions for sure but Ive never accused them of a scam or something illegal. Im just saying, before this mob lights any more torches they should take a deep breath. Was Kevin not at Expo to talk to?

#335 5 years ago

I wonder who will eat the cost of all those skull toppers that have already been made too, hmmm.

You do raise some interesting points Kaneda. Now I'm more curious how many parts they have already ordered and now cant return if this does turn out to be true. Ugh.

What if the plan now is to simply re-theme this game as the Masters of Disaster (or whatever its called). Once they're done with the re-theme they can announce what happened and they'll hope many people keep their money in on the new theme and then offer refunds to those who want out?

It would at least make sense for why they have been working on what we thought was #2 before even shipping a single Predator.

#344 5 years ago

I edited my post above with a new theory. What if they are now just re-theming Predator as the Masters of Disaster? Maybe when its complete they then announce what happened and they're hoping at least some people will roll over their deposits on Predator?

Its just a theory obviously but if they had started ordering parts for the game and they were refused the license (or free rein with it) what could they do? They wouldnt have the money to give everyone a refund. It would certainly explain why they're working on what we thought was #2 before shipping even 1 Predator. And it would be better then the alternative ... going bankrupt and giving nobody a refund.

#377 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

We were all lucky jack got to the finish line with a real company.

I think the "finish line" is when your business finally reaches profitability. Considering Jack has many customers out there with money down but no game to show for it, he is still running the marathon (and I think it is too early in the race to tell if he'll make it.)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 400.00
Boards
Great American Pinball
$ 14.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 79.00
$ 109.99
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 139.00
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 5,899.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 30.00
Pinball Machine
Habos Arcade
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craz4pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside