factass.jpg
Internet-Protector.jpg
294409475_9wbdG-L - Copy.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 9.34.41 AM.png
image-134.jpg
image.jpg
image-965.jpg
image-485.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#3 9 years ago

If it's a scam it's a pretty sneaky one, since I played the game at Expo last weekend.

I think the reality is no one realizes how complicated making a pinball machine is, and they went in feeling overly optimistic and got in a bit over their heads. It is weird how the communication used to be so good and now it sucks ass though. I've followed the project from the start, and over time Kevin became more and more absent, and now I can't remember the last time he even posted anything here.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Hmm, not sneaky. You've played the same Predator protype game theyve been taking to shows now for a few years now. I think honestly this is all they have.

The playfield and cabinet might be the same, but the Expo one had the updated plastics and things fixed over last year's version.

Quoted from hassellcastle:

To further concern anyone about this project I've heard through the grapevine they do not have the license to Predator or the license to use the likeness of Arny. Don't believe? Take notice there is no references what so ever to Predator on the Skit B website.

I've heard that too, and I think it all comes from one source, and he has a reason to troll them. So I'm taking it with a grain of salt. The website doesn't mean shit, it's on display at giant public shows, that's got a lot more visibility that some dinky company's website.

#364 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If anything, both examples are going to give more people serious pause before laying down cash on pre-orders from unproven companies.

Tell you what, I have a ton of faith in Dutch Pinball. Hope I never have to eat those words! But they're doing everything right so far compared to everyone else.

It's weird, I heard the "SkitB doesn't have the license" rumor at least a year ago if not more. You'd think by now if that was the case that something would have come to light. Forget their website, these shows are highly public venues. Hell I got my Helen translite on the local news in Texas.

#366 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Like I said in my post above, some companies have less risk than others. I think DP risk is similar to that of JJP with WOZ. I.e, not super risky.

If I'm waiting for my TBL in 3 years I'm going to cry.

#382 9 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

DP definitely seems ahead of the curve with TBL, but they have also proven quite capable of missing target dates and huge lapses in communication with the BoP 2.0 project. "Everything" may be too strong of a word

Yeah, it sucks that they couldn't ship BOP 2.0 or really talk about it. There was a good reason for that, and so it's not a strike in my book.

You'll just have to decide if my judgement means anything or not for yourself on that though.

Here's my personal guess on Predator: I don't think it's a scam. That's not even worth talking about. Maybe things aren't going smoothly, but the project is real.

I'm thinking there are legal things going on. It won't be the first pinball project here that had to suddenly go radio silent over legal stuff. Sometimes it sucks but you just have to not say anything for a bit.

I'm hoping it's that, and things are just moving along quietly right now.

#545 9 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Without reading too much into what little was said, it might go back to the idea of what the studio will or will not allow be shown.

Well and frankly with the stupid state of DMCA takedowns they could have a totally legit license and still have a different internet compliance department issue a takedown to YouTube.

#570 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Keep it up and I can promise you that you will not like the outcome.

Really?

#719 9 years ago

I'm just saying, but some companies solve this problem in an easy fashion, and then there's no speculation and drama. Kevin could solve all this in a similar fashion. Maybe he can't, I dunno.

I'm not in on the game, so I won't make a big deal out of it, but maybe in the future for these smaller shops we might want to look for more of this:

DP-UPL-Press-Release.pdfDP-UPL-Press-Release.pdf

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-a-scam?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.