factass.jpg
Internet-Protector.jpg
294409475_9wbdG-L - Copy.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 9.34.41 AM.png
image-134.jpg
image.jpg
image-965.jpg
image-485.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#389 9 years ago

I'm on board with the licensing issue being the main hold up. I'm not 100% sure about that of course, but it feels like the right problem given everything.

I was always very surprised they walked up and secured the *full* rights and use of this major movie with major actors. I wonder (no idea if true and maybe a long shot) if they thought by securing (if they did) the movie rights that allowed them to use all the actors and voices, and later down the road were advised they could not use the likenesses and other aspects without each actors license. Maybe it's a matter or only new audio and art, maybe more.

Either way, I'm not surprised by this, and mentioned this many times, and that is nothing against skit-B. For anyone to make a pinball machine, you are inevitably going to be faced with overwhelming obstacles near the end. I hope they can pull it off somehow, as they did this out of passion.

The limited number as well has always baffled me, as you would think the 250 would just start to pay for the production of the machine, and the higher numbers is where you would see the profit, if any.

#407 9 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

I think Kaneda should have a glass of chocalate milk and hang out with his ninja turtles bed sheets...

Look, Kaneda is a (EDIT was lunatic, he pm'd me, I've downgraded to "an unusual case" ).

#440 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Here are the facts that you have not mentioned or addressed:

1. Any mention of "Predator" the pinball machine, movie, or it's status have been completely removed from the Skit-B website, although it used to be there.

2. The word "Predator" does not appear anywhere on Skit-B's Facebook page. Zero discussion regarding the progress etc.

3. No mention of "Predator" on their Twitter account.

4. ALL of their YouTube videos of Predator have been completely removed from their YouTube account.

This alone is a major kaboom! I was not aware of all of this. This CLEARLY screams licensing issue, there is no rational argument against that. That's a lot of work to remove, and why else would it be done? None.

Don't take this as a shot at anyone pre-ordered, as I hope you all get your machine or money back if there is an issue, but man, only ANOTHER reason in the long list to never pre-order anything anymore.

There is a shit load of pinball money tied up in many suspect projects now.

#455 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I sent another email to Kevin. I should have pulled my preorder from Predator back when I had concerns. This is very disheartening and all I can think of is the amount of hours I have to put in at my shitty job to recoup the money I put in on Predator not to mention the money spent on the back alley topper that is absolutely worthless without a Predator pinball machine. What a waste of time and money, I should have known better.

Look everyone, despite what it looks like, which I think appears to be the case, pulling now won't solve a lot. If you get your money back, well, you likely could do the same once the dusts settles, and there is a decision to make on another theme, issue, whatever (all guesses). If you can’t now, well, you likely can’t in a bit if things are really bad.

It could very well be the issue is a minor one / one within their means to rectify, and it's just the hoops getting there, but in the meantime they received a C&D and had to act because of it.

Either way, if he does respond and you *can* get your money back now, why not at least wait it out to see what will come out of this. You wouldn't want to exit only to find out the licensing issue was only a hiccup and everything is back as planned.

Skit-B does need to make an appearance though. If there is an issue you're working through, just say it, if there is a major issue, just come out and let everyone know their money is safe (if the case) but there has to be a change, bring that out now.

Otherwise, the shit IS hitting the fan, and you are going to have a rush of people asking for money back now, and no matter what the outcome, that would be worse.

#600 9 years ago

haha #1 post in this thread!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-a-scam?tu=atomicboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.