Internet-Protector.jpg
294409475_9wbdG-L - Copy.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 9.34.41 AM.png
image-134.jpg
image.jpg
image-965.jpg
image-485.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 841 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 17.
#401 9 years ago

OK. Maybe it's time to start a new SKIT-B thread? "Help re-theme Predator. Post your ideas here."

#402 9 years ago

Transfer ur money from preditors to what ever game two was designed to be. That's a option

#403 9 years ago

This is pretty much the stupidest thread on all of pinside and that is saying a lot.

I can hardly believe how much completely made up crap is in here!
For all those that are feeding and saying these false statements, what are you going to do when the game is delivered?

#404 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This is pretty much the stupidest thread on all of pinside and that is saying a lot.
For all those that are feeding and saying these false statements, what are you going to do when the game is delivered?

I would think they are happy for the company and buyers

#405 9 years ago

They will dance a happy dance!! And pinside will get some nice donations : )

#406 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Transfer ur money from preditors to what ever game two was designed to be. That's a option

Do you really want to buy a pseudo-mythbusters pinball machine? I can't stand those guys or the show and they recently fired everyone I ever did like on the show.

#407 9 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

I think Kaneda should have a glass of chocalate milk and hang out with his ninja turtles bed sheets...

Look, Kaneda is a (EDIT was lunatic, he pm'd me, I've downgraded to "an unusual case" ).

#408 9 years ago

KEVIN!
homealone.jpghomealone.jpg

#409 9 years ago

This is the first time I've found myself agreeing with Kaneda. When others mentioned stockholm syndrome they hit the nail on the head. If you look at these things with impartiality, reality IS obvious. How many will be happy to trade in their semi-transparent space killer for a couple of middle-aged sexually-ambiguous establishment nerds?

#410 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

This is the first time I've found myself agreeing with Kaneda. When others mentioned stockholm syndrome they hit the nail on the head. If you look at these things with impartiality, reality IS obvious. How many will be happy to trade in their semi-transparent space killer for a couple of middle-aged sexually-ambiguous establishment nerds?

If you were in this project from the beginning, and knew Kevin and company, you wouldn't feel this way. I will continue to give the benefit of doubt to him until I decide not to.

#411 9 years ago

The fact that Kevin isn't talking right now may actually be a good sign as that could mean that they are working though licensing kinks if there are any. As a TBL buyer I would be very uneasy if I were to go to the DP web site and see all references to TBL removed.

Quoted from thedefog:

KEVIN!

homealone.jpg 122 KB

#412 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You still in on the bet?

#413 9 years ago

If I were Kevin I'd post photos of playfields and ramps and be done with it.

#414 9 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

You still in on the bet?

If all 3 people agree to the terms I laid out.

#415 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

If you were in this project from the beginning, and knew Kevin and company, you wouldn't feel this way. I will continue to give the benefit of doubt to him until I decide not to.

Hence the use of "impartial". I don't know these guys and have absolutely no knowledge of their character or financial position I can only judge situations by the evidence before me.

The skit-b team might be the greatest guys in the world, but that doesn't mean they can't screw up with other people's money. It happens all the time. Has any of them ever successfully carried out a large project on their own? It's just like J-Pop's deal where a certain set of skills is insufficient to carry a project out in totality. It's not like these guys intend to screw up. How many times have we heard "was harder than they thought" WRT new pinball manufacturing? Of course it's harder than you think. That's why you need a team with varying skill sets to see a large project through.

Some people thrive under the diverse pressures of managing and completing a project.. others, not so much. Do you think it's easy for someone to say, "Yes I have your money, but things aren't going well and I'm going to have to change the deal I originally made with you. BTW, I don't have your money to give back so you are stuck with whatever we come up with."

It takes a long time to admit this is the case and a longer time to figure out how you are going to sell the change. You can only buy time so long and when it catches up with you, you don't get the luxury of trust as you sit there on your thumb.

Didn't anyone at expo ask about production and delivery timelines? Or like with J-pop are you all afraid of the guys who hold your money?

#416 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Didn't anyone at expo ask about production and delivery timelines?

Yes and games are being built.

#417 9 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

If this table has been issued a C&D order then I highly doubt we will see a cent of our money back, as such what Skit B need to do is the following;
Put the machine out with no art (plain playfield, translite & cabinet), no speech or music, so its not Predator.
Then 'someone' to step in and create a playfield protector with the art on it, decals, translite.
Finally as the machine is PROC details on PC spec, with bittorrent of samples and dmd assets.
pred #140

Well then if this is true, this will end the STUPID pay before you see, pay before we build business model.

#418 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

How's Alien going Rob?

I *hope* it's going great!

Not in on that preorder. Wanted to. Just can't do it.

Quoted from Whysnow:

That's pretty much one of the biggest "dodges" I've ever seen on Pinside, and that's saying a lot!

Please do not simply dismiss the facts that have been discussed in this thread. You don't mention *any* of these facts in your post. Instead you choose to stick your head in the sand and call the entire thread "pretty much the stupidest thread on all of pinside".

You are proof positive that The Stockholm Syndrome is alive and well.

Here are the facts that you have not mentioned or addressed:

1. Any mention of "Predator" the pinball machine, movie, or it's status have been completely removed from the Skit-B website, although it used to be there.

2. The word "Predator" does not appear anywhere on Skit-B's Facebook page. Zero discussion regarding the progress etc.

3. No mention of "Predator" on their Twitter account.

4. ALL of their YouTube videos of Predator have been completely removed from their YouTube account.

5. The owner of Skit-B has gone silent on the above issues (and has not posted on Pinside for more than 3 months)

6. There is no proof that Skit-B currently has the license for Predator.

7. The OP has tried to contact Skit-B and has asked for a refund of his money. He has received no response.

And you come in and say that despite the above facts, that this is "pretty much the stupidest thread on all of pinside".

Ignoring the facts instead of addressing them like you are isn't doing anyone any favors Hilton.

head-in-sand.jpghead-in-sand.jpg

#419 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wrong answer. A timeline is different than a statement of status. There must be a problem if a timeline cannot be provided. The question is how large of problem.

#420 9 years ago

Maybe somebody should contact 20th Century Fox about this license issue. I am sure they would want to know if people are buying something related to their intellectual property and are concerened with its legitimacy.

http://imglicensing.com/contact-us/

http://imglicensing.com/brands-and-clients/twentieth-century-fox/

#421 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If all 3 people agree to the terms I laid out.

I can get a pin on your wishlist if you still wanted to bet pins.

#422 9 years ago

I would like to say that my dealings with Kevin in person have been good. He seems to be sincere, kind and passionate about pinball. I would not doubt that he truly loves this hobby and what he does.

Reading through this thread though, here is something no-one has ever brought up.

When Farsight was wanting to make T2 for Pinball Arcade, they had to do a kickstarter to acquire enough money to purchase the licensing rights. This was reported at the time to be almost entirely because of the inclusion of Arnold Schwarzenegger. They raised over $60,000

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1067367405/pinball-arcade-terminator-2-judgment-day

The logic here seems to point that if Arnold and his likeness cost a company like Farsight $60,000 just to use in a DIGITAL FORM for a game they are charging $5 for, that a similar license for Skit-B for 250 games valued at thousands of dollars each would be.... much more. Far more.

Of course, this is just me thinking out loud here and perhaps should be taken with a grain of salt. If it cost farsight $60k, why would it not cost Skit-B $120k... or more?

Who knows.

I find it immensely odd that there is no mention of the game on any of their official online sources and that videos have been taken off of youtube. The fact that deliberately made videos have been removed is concerning to say the least.

I truly hope for the best in this situation and that those who paid for the game get it as expected and those who requested refunds receive them as promised.

#423 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

1. Any mention of "Predator" the pinball machine, movie, or it's status have been completely removed from the Skit-B website, although it used to be there.
2. The word "Predator" does not appear anywhere on Skit-B's Facebook page. Zero discussion regarding the progress etc.
4. ALL of their YouTube videos of Predator have been completely removed from their YouTube account.
5. The owner of Skit-B has gone silent on the above issues (and has not posted on Pinside for more than 3 months)
6. There is no proof that Skit-B currently has the license for Predator.
7. The OP has tried to contact Skit-B and has asked for a refund of his money. He has received no response.

1. - 5. Only need 1 answer. There is no obligation for SkitB to have anything posted in any public space. Kevin and team were at Expo last week and were anything but silent. I am in the first games being built, saw evidence of it, and he answered every question I have. Yes, they fail at online communication. However, I had all questions answered in person 1 week ago and was given all the proof I need. I have no desire to share any of this publically as it was a private conversation between me (an owner in the first batch) and Kevin. Suffice to say, games are actively being built and I see no need for any publicly shared information about this other than to dispell a bunch of shit talkers that are wasting more time attempting to distract from the things that are actually worthwhile that they are doing.

6. Do they owe you any proof of this? A game being at the biggest pinball show in the planet last week seems like plenty of evidence. Are you expecting them to share and disclose their contract? I could say the same thing for EVERY other manufacturer. "There is no proof that JJP currently has the liscence for Hobbit, or DP has it for TBL, or Stern has TWD" Just because I say this I do not ecpect them to provide me proof of it...

7. This I have no answer for other than it seems everyone else has had little issue with doing so. I can only assume that he is sending to the wrong email or possible started all this because he wanted some drama. Based on the fact that all except 2 people that are owned the initial $250 have had no issue, I can only deduce that the issue is that they are not getting through or things are being filtered via spam?

#424 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

1. - 5. Only need 1 answer. There is no obligation for SkitB to have anything posted in any public space. Kevin and team were at Expo last week and were anything but silent. I am in the first games being built, saw evidence of it, and he answered every question I have. Yes, they fail at online communication. However, I had all questions answered in person 1 week ago and was given all the proof I need. I have no desire to share any of this publically as it was a private conversation between me (an owner in the first batch) and Kevin. Suffice to say, games are actively being built and I see no need for any publicly shared information about this other than to dispell a bunch of shit talkers that are wasting more time attempting to distract from the things that are actually worthwhile that they are doing.

Wow.

Just....wow.

In all seriousness, I just don't even know where to start with a response like this. It's actually hard to believe what I'm reading.

#425 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Not an attack on you, friend. But PICTURES or it didn't happen.

#426 9 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

Not an attack on you, friend. But PICTURES or it didn't happen.

If I can, I will. Untill then, I will respect private communication I have had.

#427 9 years ago
Quoted from Kevgascan:

I can get a pin on your wishlist if you still wanted to bet pins.

what are you thinking?

feel free to PM me and we can work out details

#428 9 years ago

Im in on predator and I think these are very valid questions and Id hope Kevin didn't unintentionally steal from the hobby he claims to love. I sent an email and if he can't answer it then he's doing more harm to his company and leaving a paid in full customer to make his own assumptions. The assumption ive come up with is Kevin doesnt have the full rights to Predator and he found this out when it was too late and has no extra money to acquire the rest of the license. If there is any truth to this I want a refund or ill have to take some sort of legal action. This could have been settled with communication.

#429 9 years ago

pinmob.pngpinmob.png

#430 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

While I believe 100% that Predator is fine and will be built and shipped in 2015, I completely disagree with your position.

YOU only need 1 answer. As a SkitB customer, I require significantly more.

SkitB absolutely has an obligation to post in a public place when he fails to post privately to his customers. While you may have had questions answered in person, there are hundreds of us who have not heard a single thing from Kevin in a long, long time. While you feel comfortable, there are hundreds of us who need to hear something to help ease the growing dread that we are being scammed.

And before you ask, emails have been sent with ZERO response.

And while you may not see the need for publicly shared information, as a Skit B Predator customer, I do. Radio silence with your customer base is disheartening for that base. Especially after taking at least $3,000 from 100% of your customer base.

And if this radio silence continues, then I truly believe that SkitB will alienate their customer base to such a degree that future titles will be dead in the water before they even get announced.

Marcus
Predator Buyer

#431 9 years ago

I agree that they need to communicate but see no need for them to do it publically.

A simple email in private to the 250 buyers with a photo or 2 and a simple update of status would be enough.

#432 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I agree that they need to communicate but see no need for them to do it publically.

It'll be really rich if they turn their back on Pinside, but then reappear when its time to look for money for game 2.

#433 9 years ago

Haven't read 50% of the posts in this thread, only skimmed it to see if the OP got a response or if Kevin replied. Skit-b has no obligation to reply to an online forum, true. However when the majority of your customers belong to online forums and raise questions about the production and existence of the game, I think you would take 5 mins and provide some info.

They have a company website and to my understanding have little to no info about the biggest project they have. That's an impressive marketing strategy.

I guess if you can't address or don't want to address your customers on a forum that is understandable. To couple that with no website updates or mention of the title and to ignore customer emails, well I just don't undetstand that. People that have given you money deserve a few minutes of your time to respond to questions they may have. Not everyone can make it to expo, so that as a communication avenue is not an acceptable means of communication if it is the only one.

If skit wants to conduct themselves they way they have, then there is one simple way to do so and not catch any crap from customers. Do not take their money, build it on your dime, your time.

#434 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

A simple email in private to the 250 buyers with a photo or 2 and a simple update of status would be enough.

so why are they incapable of doing this?^^^

#435 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes, that's a great way to do business!

Take down any and all references to the only pinball machine that you have built so nobody can see it. Don't answer any questions publicly about it's current status. Don't even attempt to alleviate current concerns publically. This will really get people excited and wanting to buy their next pin!

#436 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Take down any and all references to the only pinball machine that you have built so nobody can see it. Don't answer any questions publicly about it's current status. Don't even attempt to alleviate current concerns publically. This will really get people excited and wanting to buy their next pin!

Eh, was anyone really interested in the next pin?

#437 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Why not? They raised all the $$$ on here "publicly". Answered every question initially "online".

Where is the "simple email"? Wtf, many of the "250 buyers" have questions, glad you are part of the secret NDA club with Kevin.

What a bunch of BS.

#438 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It'll be really rich if they turn their back on Pinside, but then reappear when its time to look for money for game 2.

Uhhhh, that ain't happenin, not a F ing chance in hell with me now. That's why I along with many others are interested in what all these guys are doing and HOW they are doing it. That is why we read these forums and have an opinion. That is also gonna dictate how many of us spend our future $$$.

#439 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

So games are being produced.....that's great. Obviously then illlegally as it seems evident there is no license.

With all the crap that Stern has to omit and cater to the license holders over everyone of their titles it Simply amazes me that SkitB has free reign to do whatever theyve wanted to do with Predator...or at least until now.

I think the reality is the project has hit a major road block. Either come up with some crazy amount of money to which they don't have to continue the project as planned....or its about to get a lot watered down on what is potentially licensed on it.

#440 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This alone is a major kaboom! I was not aware of all of this. This CLEARLY screams licensing issue, there is no rational argument against that. That's a lot of work to remove, and why else would it be done? None.

Don't take this as a shot at anyone pre-ordered, as I hope you all get your machine or money back if there is an issue, but man, only ANOTHER reason in the long list to never pre-order anything anymore.

There is a shit load of pinball money tied up in many suspect projects now.

#441 9 years ago

Their legal person is on FB. Maybe someone with a preorder should hit her up.
https://www.facebook.com/kathy.kulek?fref=browse_search

#442 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

People who have layed down nearly a million dollars on faith to give this company a chance they would never have otherwise aren't shit talkers. They deserve respect and communication.

Quoted from Whysnow:

6. Do they owe you any proof of this? A game being at the biggest pinball show in the planet last week seems like plenty of evidence. Are you expecting them to share and disclose their contract? I could say the same thing for EVERY other manufacturer. "There is no proof that JJP currently has the liscence for Hobbit, or DP has it for TBL, or Stern has TWD" Just because I say this I do not ecpect them to provide me proof of it...

I hate to break it to you, but having a machine that was already there in years past isn't proof of anything. If JJP removed EVERYTHING online related to The Hobbit that they ever posted, everybody would be asking why it is all gone. That is all that is happening here.

It all boils down to this: You can't use this forum to generate over a million dollars in revenue for yourself and then ignore it without consequences. We are all aware that they can do what they want. I think that people just expected more, and are beginning to demand it. For 3 grand, I certainly think I would be owed an answer to a simple question.

#443 9 years ago

If u don't talk about fight club then there is no fight club

Don't pay royalties on something you don't publicly sell. Word of mouth and cash sales who's to know but them and us lol

All hypythical of course. I have nothing to do with this

#444 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Their legal person is on FB. Maybe someone with a preorder should hit her up.
https://www.facebook.com/kathy.kulek?fref=browse_search

Well, there's some Predator pics on FB after all!

#445 9 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Well, there's some Predator pics on FB after all!

Did you notice there, that it was october 8th that the SKIT B thing showed up, and I guess her daughter said "Knock em dead mom, and be safe and have FUN!!" ... i.e., like there was an upcoming meeting that she was preparing for.. this month..

#446 9 years ago

I sent another email to Kevin. I should have pulled my preorder from Predator back when I had concerns. This is very disheartening and all I can think of is the amount of hours I have to put in at my shitty job to recoup the money I put in on predator not to mention the money spent on the back alley topper that is absolutely worthless without a predator pinball machine. What a waste of time and money, I should have known better.

#447 9 years ago

I really hope this is all bullshit, no mention of The Predator on their site but nothing on their 2nd title either. I said in a previous post that none of these pinball companies Stern included are very savvy with marketing and sales, believe me I can't understand it either, no picture or video what the hell. But now especially because of this thread I'm getting nervous, I'll tell you this much, no one is going to take $3000 from me and I receive nothing in return. I willing to bet most of us who have pre-ordered feel the same way and Kevin has to know this. Please respond Kevin and put this thread to sleep. Thanks

#448 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I never claimed it was a great way to do business.

#449 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Of course, this is just me thinking out loud here and perhaps should be taken with a grain of salt. If it cost farsight $60k, why would it not cost Skit-B $120k... or more?

The crazy thing is, whatever amount of money Fox needs for this license is well worth it. No other boutique has sales anywhere close to 250. The license is what carried this game.

#450 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I never claimed it was a great way to do business.

Then you are just making excuses.

How about some actual answers instead?

Does Skit-B currently have the full license to Predator and to use Arnold's likeness on the pin or not?

There are 841 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 17.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-a-scam/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.