(Topic ID: 107295)

Predator seemed like a scam --- but eventually happily resolved!

By JimWilks

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 841 posts
  • 196 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 57 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

abandon-thread.gif
chair-1.jpg
InStyle-Outtakes-Wallpaper-olivia-wilde-3805786-1280-800.jpg
olivia-wilde-2 thumbs up.gif
pinside-posting-madness-1.png
image.jpg
pinside.JPG
image-55.jpg
factass.jpg
Internet-Protector.jpg
294409475_9wbdG-L - Copy.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 9.34.41 AM.png
image-134.jpg
image.jpg
image-965.jpg
image-485.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 841 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 17.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

BUT you can't challenge others to put there money (or pins) where their mouth is and then stipulate that the other side puts up 3x what you do. So Whysnow, it's gotta be you and me $100 vs $100 and you match the additional $$$ (if any) put in by the other 2 to really be a fair bet.

What he said.....

#152 5 years ago

popcorn-fast-fat-guy-753.gif

#153 5 years ago

The best internet scam that I ever heard of was a normal guy who had been selling on eBay for years; btw this story dates back maybe 10 years. A guy with a large amount of positive feedback sold a bunch of collectables all valued in the $5000-15000 range. He listed in his auction that he was going to be out of the country for a bit and that everything would be sent out when he got back. The items were staggered to end over a 10-20 day period. About the time that the first buyer was getting anxious that they hadn't received their item was the same time that the final buyer was sending their cashiers check out. If memory serves me correctly the final take was over $1,000,000. It was pretty smooth. I don't know that he was patient enough to plan this and therefore take the time to build feedback and reputation or if he just suddenly decided to steal then disappear. If it was patience it wasn't the first buyer that got burned but rather someone down the line. My point is I seriousiy doubt that the predator pin is a scam; perhaps they just bit off a lot and are realizing the complexity of mass producing something from scratch. With that being said I should take whysnow up on his offer; my reservation is placing a bet with a person that I have never met. If I lose my pin goes out the next day. If I win I have to rely on a person that I have never met to be honorable; only a fool would make that bet because the loser would be under no obligation to uphold their end. "Yes your honor! I made a bet with an out of state guy who I have never met and now he's not keeping his end! Will you force him to send me the pinball?" When I was 18 my mother's boyfriend's father bet me that I couldbt row across the lake and back before dark. I did it and then the dirt bag backed out. Yes it was nice knowing that everytime he saw me he knew I thought he was trash; it was better than having the hundred dollars. Here? Risking a pin? That juice isn't worth the squeeze. I will put $100 up that you don't have your purchased predator by 12/31/2014.

#154 5 years ago

More like 12/31/15.

#155 5 years ago

LOL, it's now $400.00 that Whysnow has to donate to pinside if he is wrong.., he may want to
put a cap on the amount he may be losing/donating.

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

LOL, it's now $400.00 that Whysnow has to donate to pinside if he is wrong.., he may want to
put a cap on the amount he may be losing/donating

He was willing to bet a game so I am sure there is a way to go.

#157 5 years ago

I'll take the bet also. $100 to pinside from me if he gets his game before end of 2014.

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Whysnow has to donate to pinside if he is wrong.., he may want to
put a cap on the amount he may be losing/donating.

MAY? You mean WILL be losing....So glad I got outta this drama 6 months ago.

#159 5 years ago

Does anyone know the production order?
Ie, who is number one in the order?

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Does anyone know the production order?
Ie, who is number one in the order?

I'm #16 if that helps ya

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

The best internet scam that I ever heard of was a normal guy who had been selling on eBay for years; btw this story dates back maybe 10 years. A guy with a large amount of positive feedback sold a bunch of collectables all valued in the $5000-15000 range. He listed in his auction that he was going to be out of the country for a bit and that everything would be sent out when he got back. The items were staggered to end over a 10-20 day period. About the time that the first buyer was getting anxious that they hadn't received their item was the same time that the final buyer was sending their cashiers check out. If memory serves me correctly the final take was over $1,000,000. It was pretty smooth. I don't know that he was patient enough to plan this and therefore take the time to build feedback and reputation or if he just suddenly decided to steal then disappear. If it was patience it wasn't the first buyer that got burned but rather someone down the line. My point is I seriousiy doubt that the Predator pin is a scam; perhaps they just bit off a lot and are realizing the complexity of mass producing something from scratch. With that being said I should take whysnow up on his offer; my reservation is placing a bet with a person that I have never met. If I lose my pin goes out the next day. If I win I have to rely on a person that I have never met to be honorable; only a fool would make that bet because the loser would be under no obligation to uphold their end. "Yes your honor! I made a bet with an out of state guy who I have never met and now he's not keeping his end! Will you force him to send me the pinball?" When I was 18 my mother's boyfriend's father bet me that I couldbt row across the lake and back before dark. I did it and then the dirt bag backed out. Yes it was nice knowing that everytime he saw me he knew I thought he was trash; it was better than having the hundred dollars. Here? Risking a pin? That juice isn't worth the squeeze. I will put $100 up that you don't have your purchased Predator by 12/31/2014.

Paragraphs dude, and spelling.

#162 5 years ago

My .02 ,, U guy's that put down a deposit or Pay-N full & wait for 2 or 3 Yr's for the Pin to appear have Alot More patience than i do .. Did i read that Skit-B doesn't even have Permission to use the Predator License , that's Balls'ee .. Thumb's Down if U please ,,

The Only thing I like about Predator is Hemi's Light effect's ,, otherwise the Pin lOOks 2 B A SnOOze Fest
but what do I know

#163 5 years ago

Who wants to bet that BR has a Pred in his garage at some point in the future to shop and add moar LEDS, even though he thinks it's a sn00ze fest

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Who wants to bet that BR has a Pred in his garage at some point in the future to shop and add moar LEDS, even though he thinks it's a sn00ze fest

And will sell it to the banker.

Just having fun BR

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from HomeBrew:

Paragraphs dude, and spelling.

Pinside! We are safe! The spelling police are back! I'm just messing with you new guy! All of us here love S&GP almost as much as we love the Price Police!!! To those of you who are offended by my post I apologize; I was hammering it out on my iphone while multitasking on the toilet. I had a code brown!

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Who wants to bet that BR has a Pred in his garage at some point in the future to shop and add more LEDS, even though he thinks it's a sn00ze fest

Ya Just Never know w/ me ,, I had a NIB Mustang Pro & add'd mods ( 4 a Week ) ,, I Should have my Azz kick'd cause i traded a 1 Owner Tron Pro 4 it and received 1k + a shaker & delivery ,,
I need to go Rate Mustang Pro -- art 2 B easy ..

Quoted from badbilly27:

And will sell it to the banker.
Just having fun BR

Not a Problem cool ,, Predator might be Ok , hell TWD Pro might B cool , but i'm Not fork-n out any $$ until i can play it .. My Rule of Thumb since Mustang ..

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

but i'm Not fork-n out any $$ until i can play it .. My Rule of Thumb since Mustang ..

That's totally fair. Am I'm coming around to that school of thought too.

#170 5 years ago

Did the group really wait three years to check if skit b had the preditor license? Or need to have it?

#171 5 years ago

Pinside police must have been snoozing

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Did the group really wait three years to check if skit b had the preditor license? Or need to have it?

I was thinking the same thing. They definitely *need* to have it, assuming that they want to sell them legally.

#173 5 years ago

"Quick Notes" 1 and 3 on skitbpinball.com sounds like covering for a lack of a license, in place just in case they missed any traces of Predator on the site:

1. Absolutely none of the items featured on this site or any of its affiliates are for commercial sale or use unless explicitly stated otherwise.

3. All images and likenesses used on this site are and remain copyrights of their respective owners.

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

80% of this thread is what I dislike most about this hobby.

Awesome comment! When I see threads that get on my nerves I go play some pinball. The hobby is awesome. Certain soapbox loving/ know-it-all pinheads, not so much.

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

"Quick Notes" 1 and 3 on skitbpinball.com sounds like covering for a lack of a license, in place just in case they missed any traces of Predator on the site:
1. Absolutely none of the items featured on this site or any of its affiliates are for commercial sale or use unless explicitly stated otherwise.
3. All images and likenesses used on this site are and remain copyrights of their respective owners.

Even more disconcerting than that language is the fact that there is zero mention of the word "Predator" anywhere on their webpage. Or Facebook. Or Twitter account.

Did Predator appear on their webpage before?

If so, speculation will begin that they in fact do not own the license, and received a C&D and had to take any references to Predator Pinball down from the site.

It would be nice if Kevin could come on here an nip this in the bud asap.

#176 5 years ago

Predator is the first game to be manufactured by American company Skit-B Pinball. Based on the movie title of the same name, Predator has " licensed " a full art/music/sound package for inclusion in the game. Targeted for release in " October 2012 " the game will see a limited production run of 250 units.

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Did Predator appear on their webpage before?
If so, speculation will begin that they in fact do not own the license, and received a C&D and had to take any references to Predator Pinball down from the site.

Yes sir, it did (see wayback machine):

http://web.archive.org/web/20130414092155/http://www.skitbpinball.com/

#179 5 years ago

Bottom line here is just like with Jpop, we have hit a wall. Someone needs to find Kevin and tell him it is time to make few comments. Period!

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Ok, that is very odd.

Yep. Especially considering this:

Not good.

I realize that Predator is sold out so technically there's no real reason to "market" the pin for sale. But to not list the one pin that you've done anywhere on your website?

That's a head scratcher, and makes no sense.

#181 5 years ago

I would be freaking out right now if I had $3000+ down on this game with this lack of information.
I am already having a sick feeling in my stomach thinking about a couple of local friends that are in on this game.

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I would be freaking out right now if I had $3000+ down on this game with this lack of information.
I am already having a sick feeling in my stomach thinking about a couple of local friends that are in on this game.

I feel good. Whysnow is ready to up the bet and include his house. Predator will be here this year.

#183 5 years ago

Don't worry look how long its taking some people to get the WOZ. I actually have made peace with the fact that it could take another year till I get mine maybe longer but Predator is a must have theme. Its coming.

#184 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Don't worry look how long its taking some people to get the WOZ. I actually have made peace with the fact that it could take another year till I get mine maybe longer but Predator is a must have theme. Its coming.

With what theme/license?

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

With what theme/license?

It was his first post in this thread. My guess is that he didn't even read the stuff about the potential license issue.

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I don't think these guys are scammers, but it sure looks like a licensing issue to me. I'm impressed they built a pin. When they first announced Predator on Pinside it struck me as a couple guys at a kegger decided to build a pin. Well I'm not sure it was a kegger, but they did build a pin. If the theme is a problem, retheme the damn thing. How about Space Invaders 2?

#187 5 years ago

I hope this rumor can be put to rest real quick. If there is something up, this has been going on for a long time, that website without Predator has been that way a while.

It never made sense to me that even with the game "sold out" you don't say shit about it on your own site?

#188 5 years ago

I was in from the beginning, but backed out when it came time to put up or shut up. The reason for me was financial, only so much pin money and it went toward our WOZ.(Our first NIB and absolutely love it.) I don't doubt this pin is coming. When? I don't know. But with 250 buyers cash in hand there is no excuse for the lack of communication. I've talked to the guys multiple times and know they are dedicated to seeing this thing through but man, a little info goes a looooong way.

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Don't worry look how long its taking some people to get the WOZ.

Are there still people waiting for that game?!?!?!?

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I feel good. Whysnow is ready to up the bet and include his house. Predator will be here this year.

It's not a real bet until someone includes a sister or a spouse...

#191 5 years ago

Okay, I can understand you guys being impatient and even having a few concerns. But Kevin is a standup guy with a real passion for pinball. You don't build multiple custom games and do what he has done simply for the sake of taking people's money and skipping town. He has a beautiful family and from Facebook alone I can tell you they are very busy. Has he run into licensing issues? Possibly. Has he run into supplier issues? Quite likely. But I think it's silly to even remotely suggest this is a "scam". Thats terrible. Im sure he is feeling significant pressure and just trying to get his arms wrapped around all the challenges in front of him before he communicates something more. Remain calm!

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Hazoff said:

Don't worry look how long its taking some people to get the WOZ.
----------------------------------------------------
Are there still people waiting for that game?!?!?!?

No Schittt !!

Hey , I'm ( not ) gonna build a Resident Evil Pin , 250 pins will be built , $ 5500.00 ship'd and it will cost U $ 3k deposit ,, that's $ 750,000.00 .. make's ya think .

#193 5 years ago

For someone to supposedly producing 250 "Predator" pinball machines and not having a single mention of it anywhere on their web site(s) IS cause for concern. Even more so is that it was listed and then obviously pulled. My suspicions is that the license was not obtained and at this point if it is produced, they are trying to not draw attention to it for obvious legal reasons.

I could be wrong, but that would be my gut instinct.
Its either that or they have failed marketing 101.

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Okay, I can understand you guys being impatient and even having a few concerns. But Kevin is a standup guy with a real passion for pinball. You don't build multiple custom games and do what he has done simply for the sake of taking people's money and skipping town. He has a beautiful family and from Facebook alone I can tell you they are very busy. Has he run into licensing issues? Possibly. Has he run into supplier issues? Quite likely. But I think it's silly to even remotely suggest this is a "scam". Thats terrible. Im sure he is feeling significant pressure and just trying to get his arms wrapped around all the challenges in front of him before he communicates something more. Remain calm!

Kevin needs to post here soon. Natives are restless and with a vacuum of latest info folks fill the gaps in with other stuff. Then that stuff becomes fact whether it's real or not.

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from Hudson:

For someone to supposedly producing 250 "Predator" pinball machines and not having a single mention of it anywhere on their web site(s) IS cause for concern. Even more so is that it was listed and then obviously pulled. My suspicions is that the license was not obtained and at this point if it is produced, they are trying to not draw attention to it for obvious legal reasons.
I could be wrong, but that would be my gut instinct.
Its either that or they have failed marketing 101.

Yes, you can absolutely be wrong to suggest they never had the license and are considering producing it illegally. Some might even call that slander and libelous. Considering Kevin has been an incredibly well respected and active pinhead in all things pinball related for MANY years, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Kevin needs to post here soon. Natives are restless and with a vacuum of latest info folks fill the gaps in with other stuff. Then that stuff becomes fact whether it's real or not.

He certainly does not have the army of foot soldiers to patrol Pinside nonstop like JJP does. Although Im sure he is working hard, it is not spent sitting on Pinside constantly. Keep trying to email him.

#197 5 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Yes, you can absolutely be wrong to suggest they never had the license and are considering producing it illegally. Some might even call that slander and libelous. Considering Kevin has been an incredibly well respected and active pinhead in all things pinball related for MANY years, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

He said they were suspicions and gut feelings not facts, so it is not slander/libel.

Also, you do just as much in the WOZ threads.

#198 5 years ago

No one has stated anything unequivocally, just asking questions and pointing to suspicious things.

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

He said they were suspicions and gut feelings not facts, so it is not slander/libel.
Also, you do just as much in the WOZ threads.

Lol .. yes, ive stated strong opinions for sure but Ive never accused them of a scam or something illegal. Im just saying, before this mob lights any more torches they should take a deep breath. Was Kevin not at Expo to talk to?

#200 5 years ago

most likely guess would be recently they had a license issue and are working it out....i dont think its a scam...these guys go to shows not one a bunch..there all over the place..there not skipping town. lets just hear from the horses mouth if theres a license issue or not...theres no scam they intended to build games...intended anyway...maybe just hitting a wall to sort through

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 14.99
Hardware
Chroma Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 249.99
Great American Pinball
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 841 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 17.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside