Internet-Protector.jpg
294409475_9wbdG-L - Copy.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 9.34.41 AM.png
image-134.jpg
image.jpg
image-965.jpg
image-485.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 841 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 17.
#551 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

I was waiting for someone to take the time to type this out. Thanks for saving me the time to do it.

He did all that and changed his pinside handle all in the same day. That is what I call multi-tasking.

#552 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Maybe he is on vacation. If I was on vacation, that is exactly what I would be doing. Vacationing.

I call bullshit on that.

(Small) business owners don't just "unplug" and go on vacation and just tune out client communications for days/weeks.

Usually quite the opposite, they are more likely busting their asses working 12, 14, 16 hours a day, 7 days a week.

#553 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I call bullshit on that.

(Small) business owners don't just "unplug" and go on vacation and just tune out client communications for days/weeks.

Usually quite the opposite, they are more likely busting their asses working 12, 14, 16 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Doesn't sound like much of a vacation to me. Remind me not to start a small business.

away.jpgaway.jpg

#554 9 years ago

Skit-b is brilliant.....just to let everybody know I am also starting a new pinball company called "sendmemoneythenscrewoff" inc. you MUST prepay for the greatest pinball machine ever!!! Send me $250 and I'll put your name on a list. 13 years before you get to see a picture of the most innovative machine since the last one you must pay for purchase in full. Completely refundable if you change your mind. In case you can't contact me for a refund wait a little longer and my representative, whysnow, WILL defend me on allll forums. Act fast before they are sold out!!!

#555 9 years ago

I'm not in on this preorder, but can't ANYONE get a hold of this guy for real?

#556 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

I'm not in on this preorder, but can't ANYONE get a hold of this guy for real?

Yes I posted earlier in this thread that he replied to my email today.

#557 9 years ago

I got a reply too. Today, from Kevin. Preds are being built, but slowly.

#558 9 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Skit-b is brilliant.....just to let everybody know I am also starting a new pinball company called "sendmemoneythenscrewoff" inc. you MUST prepay for the greatest pinball machine ever!!! Send me $250 and I'll put your name on a list. 13 years before you get to see a picture of the most innovative machine since the last one you must pay for purchase in full. Completely refundable if you change your mind. In case you can't contact me for a refund wait a little longer and my representative, whysnow, WILL defend me on allll forums. Act fast before they are sold out!!!

Kaneda? Is that you??

#559 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I got a reply too. Today, from Kevin. Preds are being built, but slowly.

Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Yes I posted earlier in this thread that he replied to my email today.

Did he address the IP issue being speculated on here?

#560 9 years ago

In the absence of fact rumour is the next best thing, just the way the world works today. Hopefully for all concerned Kevin can provide an update and put peoples mind at ease, then get back to building pins.

#561 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

IP must be a non issue if he's building them right? Printed cabs and play fields aren't cheap.

I guess it will remain a mystery for now!

#562 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

He said he is going to address the concerns about it in an email to the buyers very soon.

#563 9 years ago

So Oldpinster and CraZ4pin both had their accounts frozen. Were the rumors true that he had a duplicate account?!? What is it with the Flint, MI area and people doing that? That's twice!

#564 9 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

So Oldpinster and CraZ4pin both had their accounts frozen. Were the rumors true that he had a duplicate account?!? What is it with the Flint, MI area and people doing that? That's twice!

I guess if this is true CraZ just couldnt hold his tongue.

#565 9 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

If that's true I definitely owe Alex an apology!

#566 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Too true

#567 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Maybe he is on vacation. If I was on vacation, that is exactly what I would be doing. Vacationing.

He's clearly a smart computer-savy guy - he built and programmed a friggin' pinball machine! I don't know how to do that….but - I do have a smart phone and can check pinside & Email while on vacation. I'm sure he's more than aware of this thread…seems weird not to say SOMETHING.

#568 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I call bullshit on that.

I am involved in a few different companies, small and medium, both of which I have never ever ever been able to just "unplug". People think owning a company is great, until they do. 24/7 non-stop, there is no such thing as a vacation when you own a company.

#569 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Prove that it's not.
FACT: Requests for refund have gone unanswered.

FACT: The same prototype game has gone to events for years now.

FACT: When a company issues a C&D letter they ask that all logos, photos and video of their property be removed the web.

I only need to address these 3 "facts"

Fact: Requests for a $250 initial deposit to be refunded were addressed in the original terms. You have ZERO idea of what is going on with the 2 people that claim to have never gotten their 250 refund but either way based on the terms they may not be entitled to it (I think more likely they have not sent communication properly or wires were crossed). This is a non-issue since FAR more people which have requested even larger refunds have gotten them

Fact: You have ZERO powers of observation and your claim that this is the same prototype from the past few years are both completely false and show your complete ignorance on the issue. This further demonstrates your intent is to defame and slander the SkitB company. Without question the game at MPE 2 years ago was different from the game at MGC last year which was different from the game at expo this year. You either did not even look at these games or are just that dense. I mean seriously... the Fucking playfields were completely different. Did you even look at the games during this timeframe? I can probably point out 3 things that even a complete moron would notice if he looked that any of the last 3 prototypes (pretty sure there have been at least 4 prototypes now?; but most noticeable have been changed light and black lights, all changed plastics, tweaked ramps, modified/fine touches on pf art, and for obvious proof of whole new pfs in the past 3 iterations... the holes sizes for the standups right in the middle of the pf have changed.)

Fact: You had better watch what you say when you make false claims that are intended to damage the reputation of a business. You can not say these "facts" without evidence to back them up. You have ZERO proof of SkitB getting a C&D letter and stating such as fact leaves no legal grey area for you to operate. You are very clearly stating a fact that you have no proof of. You have no proof of them not issuing refunds AND you have no proof of them not making multiple prototypes over the past few years.

they own YOU nothing! Read it again, they own you nothing!

Fact: You are out of your element Donny.

Keep it up and I can promise you that you will not like the outcome (i.e. possibly being sued for slander).

#570 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Keep it up and I can promise you that you will not like the outcome.

Really?

#571 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol

Quoted from Whysnow:

This is a non-issue since FAR more people which have requested even larger refunds have gotten them

Yes! Skit-B must be right on track since so many people got huge cash refunds!

#572 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Not sure what other guys have to do but I'm literally on call 24/7 no matter where I'm at. It's just part of what I do for my clients and thankfully I have help. I've learned to live with never "unplugging". There is always an email or phone call to return. If I stop and ignore it or had nobody else to deal with issues or questions then I'd be done pretty fast.

Pinball and Pinside give me some escape from the non stop!

#573 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You have ZERO proof of SkitB getting a C&D letter and stating such as fact leaves no legal grey area for you to operate. You are very clearly stating a fact that you have no proof of.

You clearly lack reading comprehension skills.

He NEVER said that SkitB received a C&D letter. Ever.

Quoted from Whysnow:

GTFO with this crap.

#574 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Fact: Requests for a $250 initial deposit to be refunded were addressed in the original terms. You have ZERO idea of what is going on with the 2 people that claim to have never gotten their 250 refund but either way based on the terms they may not be entitled to it (I think more likely they have not sent communication properly or wires were crossed). This is a non-issue since FAR more people which have requested even larger refunds have gotten them
Fact: You have ZERO powers of observation and your claim that this is the same prototype from the past few years are both completely false and show your complete ignorance on the issue. This further demonstrates your intent is to defame and slander the SkitB company. Without question the game at MPE 2 years ago was different from the game at MGC last year which was different from the game at expo this year. You either did not even look at these games or are just that dense. I mean seriously... the Fucking playfields were completely different. Did you even look at the games during this timeframe?
Fact: You had better watch what you say when you make false claims that are intended to damage the reputation of a business. You can not say these "facts" without evidence to back them up. You have ZERO proof of SkitB getting a C&D letter and stating such as fact leaves no legal grey area for you to operate. You are very clearly stating a fact that you have no proof of.

He did not say that Skit-b received a C&D letter. He said that when A (as in any) company is issued one they have to pull the info.

Whysnow- Are you indicating that they have the time to file suit (he won't like the outcome) and not time to respond to customers?

#575 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Damn you RobT, you beat me by a few seconds.

#576 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've learned to live with never "unplugging".!

Me too, worst decision of my f@&(ing life

#577 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

GTFO with this crap.

Come on Rob... Pretty obvious exactly what he is saying and it is slanderous without a doubt.

Also, if he keeps it up I would not be surprised if his loud mouth writes a few checks his ass can't cash. I don't think that SkitB is the type but with the outright lies and Jared's attempt to do harm with false accusations it would be a pretty easy case.

#578 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Whysnow- Are you indicating that they have the time to file suit (he won't like the outcome) and not time to respond to customers?

If he was peeved about everybody taking a dump on the #2 announcement (hmmm #2) maybe he should have picked a better theme. To not communicate for months is acting like a petulant child and you are feeding right into it.

Maybe he is just giving the middle finger to Pinside?

#579 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Fact: You have ZERO powers of observation and your claim that this is the same prototype from the past few years are both completely false and show your complete ignorance on the issue. This further demonstrates your intent is to defame and slander the SkitB company. Without question the game at MPE 2 years ago was different from the game at MGC last year which was different from the game at expo this year. You either did not even look at these games or are just that dense. I mean seriously... the Fucking playfields were completely different. Did you even look at the games during this timeframe? I can probably point out 3 things that even a complete moron would notice if he looked that any of the last 3 prototypes (pretty sure there have been at least 4 prototypes now?; but most noticeable have been changed light and black lights, all changed plastics, tweaked ramps, modified/fine touches on pf art, and for obvious proof of whole new pfs in the past 3 iterations... the holes sizes for the standups right in the middle of the pf have changed.)
Fact: You had better watch what you say when you make false claims that are intended to damage the reputation of a business. You can not say these "facts" without evidence to back them up. You have ZERO proof of SkitB getting a C&D letter and stating such as fact leaves no legal grey area for you to operate. You are very clearly stating a fact that you have no proof of.

Reading comprehension and logic are not your strong suits, are they? Now, your implied threat above is a bit more serious...

#580 9 years ago

gg99t.jpggg99t.jpg
#581 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Also, if he keeps it up I would not be surprised if his loud mouth writes a few checks his ass can't cash. I don't think that SkitB is the type but with the outright lies and Jared's attempt to do harm with false accusations it would be a pretty easy case.

Please Hilton, can you just get us some real facts, there is no NDA. I'd defend Jared for free and counter sue for filing a frivolous lawsuit but its such a joke that I'm rotflmao

#582 9 years ago
Quoted from AloneMordakai:

Thread title seems like a valid question to me, since OP said he's tried 4 times to contact Kevin, using several different methods, and has not been refunded his money, as was promised.

My first email requesting a refund was sent on October 1. Since then, I've sent more emails to various SkitB email addresses, but all have been completely ignored. Here we stand almost 4 weeks later with no progress at all. To me, this seems like it could be a scam. Hence the thread title.

#583 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Please Hilton, can you just get us some real facts, there is no NDA. I'd defend Jared for free and counter sue for filing a frivolous lawsuit but its such a joke that I'm rotflmao

Can I be pro hac vice for this?

#584 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Come on Rob... Pretty obvious exactly what he is saying and it is slanderous without a doubt.

LOL

You have 3 attorneys posting in this thread. I don't think any of us think Jared has anything to worry about.

Thanks for the free legal advice though. It's worth the price paid.

#585 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Real facts : I am sure SkitB will discuss with their customers when they decide to.

If you are a customer and need info then seems like it is pretty easy to email them and get a response.... At least 2 people have said they are in contact with them today.

#586 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Real facts : I am sure SkitB will discuss with their customers when they decide to.
If you are a customer and need info then seems like it is pretty easy to email them and get a response.... At least 2 people have said they are in contact with them today.

And yet a couple of others have clearly posted that their email attempts have been ignored.

#588 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

LOL
You have 3 attorneys posting in this thread. I don't think any of us think Jared has anything to worry about.
Thanks for the free legal advice though. It's worth the price paid.

Yeah, everyone is an attorney on the internet Rob

#589 9 years ago
Quoted from JimWilks:

My first email requesting a refund was sent on October 1. Since then, I've sent more emails to various SkitB email addresses, but all have been completely ignored. Here we stand almost 4 weeks later with no progress at all. To me, this seems like it could be a scam. Hence the thread title.

send me your info and who you emailed to and I will try to forward it on from my email account.

#590 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah, everyone is an attorney on the internet Rob

Not me. I'm a law school dropout.

#591 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Why do YOU feel the need to address it at all?

Quoted from Whysnow:

Keep it up and I can promise you that you will not like the outcome (i.e. possibly being sued for slander).

lol...

Speaking of getting out of your element.... you may want to hang up your internet lawyer job and stick to your full time gig as Predator Spin Control....

#592 9 years ago
Quoted from JimWilks:

Send an email with your name, game number and production number to [email protected]. I don't remember if there was some stipulation that if you didn't respond by the time the $3000 deposit was due you would lose the initial deposit. I'll have to go back and look at all the emails Skit-B sent me.

Update: Ok I went back and read its a fully refundable deposit.

#593 9 years ago

image-146.jpgimage-146.jpg
#594 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Trying not to beat a dead horse here but their "customers" are/is Pinside, people that were in, are in, and may be "in" in the future, to ignore that fact doesn't make it right.

I'm representing the interests of all of us downtrodden, abused and unloved Pinsiders that have been trampled upon repeatedly over and over again! Which includes the owners that don't want to speak up.

I got my $250 refund finally in August, no big deal, never sweated it. He did a few weeks after the "hard deadline" in June send an email asking if I was sure I wanted out. Huh?

#595 9 years ago

After reading this thread, I think I have aids. It's literally 12 pages of the same shit, just repeated for 12 pages

#596 9 years ago

He said he is going to address the concerns about it in an email to the buyers very soon.

If I received an email that read " Ill be sending out another email to all the buyers soon " Id be worried as hell.

Why could he just not say, " everything is fine, no worries, no issues, your game is on schedule "

Sounds to me like something isn't right and they are trying to figure out a good way to present it.

#597 9 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

After reading this thread, I think I have aids. It's literally 12 pages of the same shit, just repeated for 12 pages

But you still read the ENTIRE thread?

#598 9 years ago

^I was careless! I admit it! but I shouldn't pay for it like this!!!

8hrs of plane travel, 30 min of actual work, down time spent reading this thread to pass the time so I dont think about how much of my life I just wasted on work, only to get deh aids.

#599 9 years ago

I don't remember if there was some stipulation that if you didn't respond by the time the $3000 deposit was due you would lose the initial deposit. I'll have to go back and look at all the emails Skit-B sent me.

Not at all, if you didn't respond you supposedly were out at the deadline, although not really. But then the $250 would be refunded. I think they are still spinning from trying to figure out who's in, who's out, who's paid and who still is owed $250, much less trying to build a pinball machine.

#600 9 years ago

haha #1 post in this thread!

There are 841 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 17.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-a-scam/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.