Internet-Protector.jpg
294409475_9wbdG-L - Copy.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 9.34.41 AM.png
image-134.jpg
image.jpg
image-965.jpg
image-485.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 841 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 17.
#1 9 years ago

I signed onto the predator preorder list some years back.

The ongoing updates looked good and then they asked for a deposit of $250. Skit-B assured buyers that there was no risk and that we could cancel at any time. So I made the initial deposit of $250 by PayPal about 2 years ago.

The updates kept coming, but were more infrequent. Then, last February, I received an email saying that "Mission Complete" had been achieved and that I would soon be asked to complete payment in order to ensure delivery as the games would be produced starting in April at 40 games per month. All again seemed good.

Then, communications from Skit-B completely stopped. I happened to speak to someone I knew who had also signed up for Predator and he said that he had been receiving updates and had just paid his game in full.

I emailed Kevin at SKit-B and he immediately responded. He was all apologies and said that he would ensure that I got back in the loop for communications.

A month went by and nothing more. At this point, I had had enough. I emailed Kevin and said I'd like to withdraw from this project and would like my deposit back, as had been promised all along. No reply. I again emailed Kevin, the support email and event tried filling in the contact page. Again, no reply.

At his point I'm wondering if my money is long gone.

Jim

Post edited by JimWilks: Problems resolved

#2 9 years ago

Jim, I have no information to add. And yes, it is sad that the Predator project has taken longer than anticipated for whatever reason.

I do know that SkitB has subcontracted items out for manufacture. For instance, virtual pins is making the cabinets.

It would be as simple as contacting some of those subcontractors and finding out if any quantity of product has been built and or delivered. Of course If I was a subcontractor, I would tell you it was none of your business, my business with any of my customers. Ethically, they can't tell you anything.

Other than that, drive over to the world headquarters of skitb

#3 9 years ago

If it's a scam it's a pretty sneaky one, since I played the game at Expo last weekend.

I think the reality is no one realizes how complicated making a pinball machine is, and they went in feeling overly optimistic and got in a bit over their heads. It is weird how the communication used to be so good and now it sucks ass though. I've followed the project from the start, and over time Kevin became more and more absent, and now I can't remember the last time he even posted anything here.

#4 9 years ago

Putting down pre-order deposits for boutique pins is certainly not for the faint of heart. You have to be prepared to endure longer than expected waits, blackouts in communication, and the possibility that you may never see the pin or your cash. Having said that, I do hope these pins actually get produced, as that is good for all of us in this hobby.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If it's a scam it's a pretty sneaky one, since I played the game at Expo last weekend.
I think the reality is no one realizes how complicated making a pinball machine is, and they went in feeling overly optimistic and got in a bit over their heads. It is weird how the communication used to be so good and now it sucks ass though. I've followed the project from the start, and over time Kevin became more and more absent, and now I can't remember the last time he even posted anything here.

Hmm, not sneaky. You've played the same Predator protype game theyve been taking to shows now for a few years now. I think honestly this is all they have. Lets see a stack of screened playfields, Ramps or something else to show this project is moving forward. Yes, I've seen the painted skulls & spines, but those were done by back alley.

To further concern anyone about this project I've heard through the grapevine they do not have the license to Predator or the license to use the likeness of Arny. Don't believe? Take notice there is no references what so ever to Predator on the Skit B website.

I'm not in on the game and honestly at this point I'm glad I'm not as I see a Shit storm about to hit full force with those that are buyers.

#6 9 years ago

I received my deposit right away after I cancelled.

#7 9 years ago

...hmmmm...you may have a point! When I spoke to Kevin I heard him cover the phone and yell out..."fill the car with gas and point it toward Mexico!" ....then we got disconnected!

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think the reality is no one realizes how complicated making a pinball machine is, and they went in feeling overly optimistic and got in a bit over their heads.

this to all those new companies on the horizon, including DP and TBL. anyone group of guys can sit around and make one game and get people excited but taking it to the next level is an enormous and expensive task.
and in the end, i see only one pinball company still standing.

#9 9 years ago

Calling Whysnow please chime in.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Hmm, not sneaky. You've played the same Predator protype game theyve been taking to shows now for a few years now. I think honestly this is all they have.

The playfield and cabinet might be the same, but the Expo one had the updated plastics and things fixed over last year's version.

To further concern anyone about this project I've heard through the grapevine they do not have the license to Predator or the license to use the likeness of Arny. Don't believe? Take notice there is no references what so ever to Predator on the Skit B website.

I've heard that too, and I think it all comes from one source, and he has a reason to troll them. So I'm taking it with a grain of salt. The website doesn't mean shit, it's on display at giant public shows, that's got a lot more visibility that some dinky company's website.

#11 9 years ago

Why wouldn't they show their product on their website?

fishy.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've followed the project from the start, and over time Kevin became more and more absent, and now I can't remember the last time he even posted anything here

Completely overwhelmed and working his ass off is what I hope for those of you that have money invested in this.

#13 9 years ago

I was very happy with the progress Predator had made. It was much farther ahead than the last time I saw it.

At the moment, I'm not too worried. More communication from Skit-B would be great, though...but it is what it is.

#14 9 years ago

The Skit-B team was there at Expo...did any buyers talk to them or get any info? I played the game and just casually shot the shit with them, but I didn't feel right grilling them about it considering I hadn't ordered one.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

I received my deposit right away after I cancelled.

I did also...maybe 1 week but it came. That was Sept of 2013 though.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The Skit-B team was there at Expo...did any buyers talk to them or get any info? I played the game and just casually shot the shit with them, but I didn't feel right grilling them about it considering I hadn't ordered one.

Yeah, I talked to them for a while, and asked some questions.

It wasn't "grilling"...but I left the conversation feeling fine.

Pete

#17 9 years ago

Lack of updates is one thing.

This is completely another.

Quoted from JimWilks:

I emailed Kevin and said I'd like to withdraw from this project and would like my deposit back, as had been promised all along. No reply. I again emailed Kevin, the support email and event tried filling in the contact page. Again, no reply.

I do not have any stake, but this cannot be a good sign.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from MMuller:

Calling Whysnow please chime in.

I have a date to pick up my game and am in the first batch of 10 being built.

I spoke with Kevin/ team and played the most up to date prototype at expo 1 week ago. It all seems very real to me. I am pumped to get my game.

Sorry to the OP if you did not get your deposit back. It has always taken a little while but so long as I actually email to the correct address I always get back communication from Kevin. Maybe check your spam filters?

#19 9 years ago

Sorry gents, I think some of yall are drinking the Skit B kool aid.
Let me pour you another glass.

Not listed on web site because they are so busy. Seriously?
They had time to put on there site that another expo is over on their main page. I think anyone making such a pinball would have some mention on it on their site.

Lets face it. Predator is not paying these guys salary. Even if they are making it. Its a project they have been working on, on nights and weekends away from the "real" job. I think the reality is they took creative bull by the horns and made a "one off" prototype machine. Gained interest in the collector community, and then figured..."hey lets mass produce these and sell them", without knowing how much of an overwhelming and expensive task it would be.

#20 9 years ago

hassellcastle> care to put any money where you slander?

I will make you a bet that Predator is real and I will be playing my game this year.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have a date to pick up my game

What is the date?

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry to the OP if you did not get your deposit back.

They have to sell your spot before you get a refund. Could take days or months....right?

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will make you a bet that Predator is real and I will be playing my game this year.

I may want in on this bet .. I received my refund but that was a ways back before Kev went awol on info being updated every so often . Good luck to all that are still in,, Be patient even if not done this year .. which I believe it will not, but by no means a scam.. That would make the second pin also a scam in which they are promoting

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Where is the slander? Viewpoint/opinion yes. Slander? Hmmm, why say that?

#25 9 years ago

80% of this thread is what I dislike most about this hobby.

#26 9 years ago

If it were a scam I would think they would have asked for a lot more money "up front".

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

I may want in on this bet ..

I could use a JM or Dr. Who...
What do you like in my collection that matches up?

Loser pays shipping costs also...

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from BlackRabbit:

Where is the slander? Viewpoint/opinion yes. Slander? Hmmm, why say that?

here he is trying to say they are taking the cash and have run away, not even making a product. That sounds like intent to damage a reputation to me???

Even if they are making it.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I could use a JM or Dr. Who...
What do you like in my collection that matches up?

put up or shut up time

#30 9 years ago

Hey gang, I've been paid in full since 2013. Over a year now. I'm not concerned, as of yet.

Kevin needs to respond to emails a lot better.

Updates on progress need to be better addressed, even if they are random.

Pin looks kick ass, and if SKITB comes on here with a picture of multiple cabinets, that's fine with me.

If Whysnow wants to post a shipping date, that's great too.

#31 9 years ago

Look don't get me wrong, I would hope they make the game. Forget finding time or guys to build them. Who's handling when the games get sent out having issues? Lloyd? I mean who's there parts department, who's spending time on the phones and covering the cost of warranty work. The company as a whole is troubling to put together.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I could use a JM or Dr. Who...What do you like in my collection that matches up?

Ballsy. I like it.

#33 9 years ago

Never thought this one would be an easy ride.

For me though way less stress than being in on The Hobbit.

Yes Predator is way behind schedule and Kevins not exactly great at updates but if he's still going to shows etc then that reassuring.

Sadly buying any pin seems to be a leap of faith. I'm also in on the Walking Dead LE. Maybe Stern will deliver a killer or perhaps a total stinker. Do I really have any proof that the game ramps etc will work?

There's no real reason to believe the Predator won't happen anymore than any of the other pins that people are pre-paying for.

Hope we all get to see something concrete soon

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

I may want in on this bet ..

I suggest very clearly defining what playable means....

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from JimWilks:

At his point I'm wondering if my money is long gone.

Uh No.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I suggest very clearly defining what playable means....

Me, playing MY game. What the hell more do you need to define?

You want in on the action to McLuvin?

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

What is the date?

this year.

#38 9 years ago

You dont scam folks and then drag a game and yourself to a major show. Cmon folks use a bit of common sense.
Enjoyed playing it and really enjoyed talking to him. Of course we never talked build. Just about our kids loving pinball : )

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Ballsy. I like it.

Balsy yes...but no one really wins in that bet if you know what i mean. We all want to see the game made and distributed.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

90%

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

here he is trying to say they are taking the cash and have run away, not even making a product. That sounds like intent to damage a reputation to me???

I don't understand. I am the kind of guy that believes there are always two sides. Also, I believe in opposite extremes. Surely if this gathering place (Pinside) allows fanboy sunshine and rahs rahs (read any thread almost) then certainly it allows the opposite/opposing type post? That's how I read his post...not slander...just not rah rah Predator sunshine!

#42 9 years ago

Really?
I'm not trying to troll, I don't dislike u so please don't take this as me im trying to insult you.
After seeing what jack had to go through up close and hoops to jump through. With preditor not showing cabinets built, play fields stacked, wire harnesses waiting for install, mechs stacked in boxes, ect

No way in hell do u see that game by December unless they give you the one that's done already. I just don't see it man. If they had all that stuff stacked ready to put together they would be flashing pictures of stuff to buyers to keep them in the loop and happy not trying to bail. They also would have collected most of ur money not some guys $250 only

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Balsy yes...but no one really wins in that bet if you know what i mean. We all want to see the game made and distributed.

What are you talking about?

there will be multiple winners!

I believe it will be me, when I am playing my new Predator and have one of these big talkers games sitting next to it. It will also be all the others that are looking forward to their Pred in the near future!

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

They also would have collected most of ur money not some guys $250 only

Everyone on the buyer's list has at least $3K down at this point.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Really?
I'm not trying to troll, I don't dislike u so please don't take this as me im trying to insult you.
After seeing what jack had to go through up close and hoops to jump through. With preditor not showing cabinets built, play fields stacked, wire harnesses waiting for install, mechs stacked in boxes, ect
No way in hell do u see that game by December unless they give you the one that's done already. I just don't see it man. If they had all that stuff stacked ready to put together they would be flashing pictures of stuff to buyers to keep them in the loop and happy not trying to bail. They also would have collected most of ur money not some guys $250 only

I hope I'm wrong

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Everyone on the buyer's list has at least $3K down at this point.

How does this guy only have $250 down then?

#47 9 years ago

GUESSING at delivery dates might amuse some...but it's a waste of time and stupid to argue about...

#48 9 years ago

Ill step back, I'm not trying to be a dink. I just haven't seen u guys post pictures of anything stacked in boxes other then Matt who made a ton bone parts early

#49 9 years ago

So Skit B is going to go from zero to having game(s) shipped in 2 months? End of 2014 is fast approaching.

I just don't see it, even most of those in the super secret Predator club don't seem to believe it. Whysnow must be the ultimate optimist.

I mean, if they were less than 100 days from shipping games en masse, wouldn't that have come up during expo?

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Lot's of negative drama lately. Robin could probably sell the TV rights to the History Channel. Might make a good show......

There are 841 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 17.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-a-scam/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.