(Topic ID: 286786)

Precious Metals? Gold, Silver, Prospecting and Collecting.

By phil-lee

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 668 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 minutes ago by phil-lee
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1896 (resized).jpeg
_20240424_124519 (resized).JPG
IMG_1888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1860 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
F5107C5A-5953-4106-BD37-FD65485BE74E (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
_20240404_112124 (resized).JPG
_20240404_111942 (resized).JPG
image_67226625 (resized).JPG
IMG_6312 conv (resized).jpeg
IMG_6311 conv (resized).jpeg
Copper map (resized).jpg
gold_20_year_o_jpy_x (resized).png
_20231028_130347 (resized).JPG
_20231028_130309 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Perspective from a rare coin seller. Posted by Coindork (3 years ago)

Post #86 Amazing photos from actual miner and a great story. Posted by Onwallst (3 years ago)

Post #109 Great power point on gold demand. Posted by ManyQuarters (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beaglepuss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#286 2 years ago

Good morning everyone. I was hoping to get some advice from the group both in terms of pricing and best means of selling some uncirculated silver eagles. I have tubes of the following years: 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, and 1993.

I recently received them as a result of a death in the family, and I have no interest in holding onto them. I have zero experience buying/selling PM, so I’m open to any and all advice. Thanks!

4005274E-1176-4332-A0DE-FA5E29E0F7EF (resized).jpeg4005274E-1176-4332-A0DE-FA5E29E0F7EF (resized).jpeg
#288 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Hold them... Silver is in a slump. Put them in the closet. Wait for silver to go back around $24.50 and then Call around to all the coin shops. Don't sell to a shop that doesn't at least give you spot.

This is the exact type of advice I was looking for. Many thanks!

#296 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

A couple questions for you regarding your eagles.
1) Are they mint rolls or put together rolls?
I.E. did the person you inherited them from buy them new as rolls?
The reason I ask, is that if they were bought new from the mint or a mint distributor, that means they were not picked though or a put together rolls of grading rejects or mishandled coins.
With eagles there’s a few different markets.
For example raw eagles are raw eagles and there’s a basil price for those.
If they are BU rolls, there’s a price for that that might be higher.
If the rolls are BU from the mint and haven’t been mishandled or a made up roll of grading rejects that did not make the target grade for certification, then your talking another price.
If it’s original rolls there’s a much better premium.
Some might even be worth grading on rolls of vintage eagles like this if they will make the target grade (in most cases MS70) where they will have an even larger premium.
Cheers
Kent

Hi Kent, thanks for the thorough reply. All rolls are mint rolls and have not been picked through or pieced together. The rolls were all purchased new. While the rolls have not been handled (or even removed from the case at all), the tubes have been opened. As a result, I can see some signs of tarnishing on the on the sides of some of the coins through the tubes. I would assume this is a result of the tubes not being air-tight.

Would it be worth grading individual coins, or would I be looking to grade the rolls in their entirety?

Again, I really appreciate the reply and apologize for my ignorance.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beaglepuss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/precious-metals-gold-silver-and-everything-else?tu=beaglepuss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.