5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I've never bought a NIB pin, just owned 6-7 classics so far. I've seen a lot of people claiming they have ordered/put deposits on titles like Ghostbusters that haven;t even been announced yet - is this a bit of joking around or do some people have pre-order priority?

I'm thinking GB may be may first ever new pin, but I'm pretty new to this whole pre-order deposit routine as I've only ever bought used pins in the past.

#2 5 years ago

It's against Stern policy to preorder unannounced games, but it happens when some long time customers have a good relationship with their distributors.

So basically, yes it happens.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from Griffin:

I've never bought a NIB pin, just owned 6-7 classics so far. I've seen a lot of people claiming they have ordered/put deposits on titles like Ghostbusters that haven;t even been announced yet - is this a bit of joking around or do some people have pre-order priority?
    I'm thinking GB may be may first ever new pin, but I'm pretty new to this whole pre-order deposit routine as I've only ever bought used pins in the past.

I doubt they are joking. They will also be the first people pitching a fit about the game needing a fix from stern or the code not being finished.

#4 5 years ago

Find a distro, talk to them, tell them you want the new machine coming out. I don't think it's as "official" as people make it out to be.
    "Yo dude I want that GB game so put me in line early."

#5 5 years ago

Thanks for the replies. That was what I was I thinking that people had just dropped deposits with their distributors rather than actual orders with Stern.

#6 5 years ago

I just pre-ordered Ghostbusters II!

#7 5 years ago

Did people ever pay Stern direct for games? I don't think so. But try as Stern might, there is no way for them to enforce "hand-shake" deals between customers and distributors. I pre-ordered Iron Maiden LE. I hear it will be Epic.

#8 5 years ago

Already preordered JJP's 3rd game...just saying.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from AbacusMan:

Already preordered JJP's 3rd game...just saying.

Well that may be true

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside