WP_20150520_12_32_09_Pro.jpg
image-632.jpg
image-840.jpg
16333409837_51ebbbed4f_k.jpg
10956238253_9db13c9651_b.jpg
IMG_9289.JPG
IMG-20150213-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20150213-WA0003.jpg

There are 286 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 9 years ago

Merf's Pins is pleased to announce our newest planned ball arch for Tales of the Arabian Nights under the PPS license. CAD files for the apron, artwork package, and tooling have been completed. The aprons will be made with the same gauge steel as originals with graphics printed with high quality pantone matched enamel inks.

TOTAN.jpgTOTAN.jpg

One necessary change was needed in order to replicate the chromium yellow zinc plating of the original since that formulation of plating no longer exists due to RoHS compliance. The RoHS compliant zinc plating unfortunately contains much more rainbow effect than the original. Many of the complaints of the original aprons is the tarnish marks, rainbow effect, and spotty finish after cleaning. After reviewing the options and looking through over 20 manufacturers samples a metallic powder coat finish was finally chosen after unanimous approval.

TOTANPowder.jpgTOTANPowder.jpg

No deposit will be required, but please note that your pre-order is a COMMITMENT TO PURCHASE. This is an honor system, so your word is a promise. Before the pre-order minimum has been reached you will be able to forfeit our spot on the list. Once production has begun however it is expected you will purchase.

Pre-order pricing for the TOTAN apron will be $99 + shipping. If you would like to be added to the pre-order list please email [email protected] or PM and I will send a response to confirm. Pre-order as many as you would like, but please keep in mind you will be expected for purchasing that number. Post Pre-order pricing will be $115 + shipping.

Once we have reached the minimum number of pre-orders we will update through this post to notify that production has started. It's difficult to say when the aprons will be ready to ship since so much depends on how quickly we reach our pre-order minimum. Once production starts however they should be ready to ship within a month however.

#2 9 years ago

sometimes dreams do come true !!!

#3 9 years ago

what is the minimum pre-order amount ?

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

what is the minimum pre-order amount ?

The minimum to start production will be 50, but the time frame will be open through January in case we go over that number.

#5 9 years ago

E-mail sent.

Chris

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

E-mail sent.
Chris

Chris, I've got you added to the list.

#7 9 years ago

I definitely want one. Thanks!

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I definitely want one. Thanks!

Sent you a PM

#9 9 years ago

Thanks. This is will be a great help. Every TOTAN apron I've ever seen is tarnished to one degree or another.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from merfeldma:

Chris, I've got you added to the list.

Great, thank you!

Bump!

Chris

#11 9 years ago

Even though I'm not buying one, as I've sold my TOTAN - I wanted to applaud this product and pinsider. To me, it's refreshing for someone to make a much needed part/mod and charge a reasonable price for it. Not like some folks who make a few stickers and sell them for $30.

Well done Merf!

#12 9 years ago

Would you know how much the shipping would be too Canada Ontario round about ?

Thanks so much

#13 9 years ago

I'm in for one.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Would you know how much the shipping would be too Canada Ontario round about ?
Thanks so much

When sending High Speed aprons to Canada shipping rates were generally in the $20-30 range.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from merfeldma:

When sending High Speed aprons to Canada shipping rates were generally in the $20-30 range.

Ok sounds good please but my name on the list

William

#16 9 years ago

Bump..just sent in my committment for one apron.

#17 9 years ago

Good pre-order numbers so far. If we keep going at this rate we will easily hit the minimum pre-order number by the end of January. Make sure to spread the word to anyone you know who has a TOTAN. Due to the setup costs, it's unlikely that any of the reproduction aprons will be run for a 2nd time unless there is significant interest.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from merfeldma:

Good pre-order numbers so far. If we keep going at this rate we will easily hit the minimum pre-order number by the end of January. Make sure to spread the word to anyone you know who has a TOTAN. Due to the setup costs, it's unlikely that any of the reproduction aprons will be run for a 2nd time unless there is significant interest.

thanks for the update !

#20 9 years ago

I already PM'd and am on the list bump.

#21 9 years ago

Bump for a great guy

#22 9 years ago

any updates on TAF?

#23 9 years ago

Not to stray off topic from TOTAN I can say that the artwork is done. The secondary licensing needs to be figured out however.

#24 9 years ago

Email sent, thanks

#25 9 years ago

Pm sent

#26 9 years ago

PM sent!

#27 9 years ago

Lets keep this going guys bump

#28 9 years ago

Keep the pre-orders coming. We're not far off from making this happen.

#29 9 years ago

Bump!

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from merfeldma:

Keep the pre-orders coming. We're not far off from making this happen.

Than comes Medusa right? (well least you got a bump)!

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Than comes Medusa right? (well least you got a bump)!

Soon, very soon

#32 9 years ago

Pre-order PM sent!

#33 9 years ago

matt... can you tell us the number of pre-orders so far ?

#34 9 years ago

Thanks, appreciate it!!! The CPR playfield appears to be coming closer to fruition.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

matt... can you tell us the number of pre-orders so far ?

In the 30s right now.

#36 9 years ago

Free bump for a great guy

#37 9 years ago

Please...

#38 9 years ago

Glad I spotted this thread. Email has been sent.

**bump

#39 9 years ago

Email Just send

#40 9 years ago

Glad TOTAN is being made...waiting for RS next!

#41 9 years ago

I'm in too, can't wait.

#42 9 years ago

TOTAN is the one that really needs this bump

#43 9 years ago

I am in already. Can't wait! And my current apron isn't that bad really, LOL.

Chris

#44 9 years ago

I am in already. Can't wait! And my current apron isn't that bad really, LOL.
Chris

No my just weaing the paint off a bit that's why I am in for one

#45 9 years ago

Bump.

#46 9 years ago

And my current apron isn't that bad really

Neither is mine. But a new apron will make my machine near perfect condition wise.

Bump

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Neither is mine. But a new apron will make my machine near perfect condition wise.
Bump

Same here lets keep this going guys sign up

#48 9 years ago

Bump for more people to get on board.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Bump for more people to get on board.

Lets keep this going too get other people on board

#50 9 years ago

Email sent. My totan came with the apron missing... took a year and a half to find one (not a very good looking one) on ebay.

There are 286 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pre-order-totan-apronball-arch-repro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.