Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by hank527
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

I want to be #1.png

#1 5 years ago

Stern Pinball isn’t quite ready to show pictures or to price The Walking Dead machines yet. As of today, we know very little about that game, but at our customers requests we are opening pre – orders in the same way we have in the past.

For LE’s
$1000 Deposit fully refundable for 48 hours after the Features and Picture announcement from Stern and pricing from Game Exchange, which ever comes second. After the 48 hours the deposit becomes non refundable. Deposits can be run on a credit card, with no fee as long as the remainder of the payment is made via Cash, Check, Wire, Or Major Bank Debit Card.
http://gameexchange.biz/products/the-walking-dead-pinball-limited-editionpre-order-deposit

For Pro’s
$500 Deposit fully refundable for 48 hours after the Features and Picture announcement from Stern and pricing from Game Exchange, which ever comes second. After the 48 hours the deposit becomes non refundable. Deposits can be run on a credit card, with no fee as long as the remainder of the payment is made via Cash, Check, Wire, Or Major Bank Debit Card.
http://gameexchange.biz/collections/new-stern-pinball-free-shipping-special/products/copy-of-the-walking-dead-pinball-pro-editionpre-order-deposit

Or as always feel free to call me 303-962-4666
jjb@gameexchange.biz

Thanks,
JJ

#2 5 years ago

I'm interested but I refuse to preorder anything without so much as a picture or textual description of the games features. If someone said "3 flippers, 3 ramps, 2 magnets, hand drawn playfield art, some pop up targets representing zombies" ok I might at least plop some money down. But nothing except theme, no.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I'm interested but I refuse to preorder anything without so much as a picture or textual description of the games features. If someone said "3 flippers, 3 ramps, 2 magnets, hand drawn playfield art, some pop up targets representing zombies" ok I might at least plop some money down. But nothing except theme, no.

Sterns way is to release all info with pics at the same time. In two weeks we will know more. I'd be most excited to hear hand drawn art, mirrored back glass, good code when shipped.

Do business with JJ with confidence gang. Great guy to work with.

#4 5 years ago

why pre order anything?

#5 5 years ago

+1 for JJ.

LOL at anyone in the "I'm done buying Stern NIB pins unless they ship with more complete code" crowd that preorders TWD.

#6 5 years ago

i just think its funny to pre order. when there out just go down and buy one.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

why pre order anything?

This,
I can understand pre ordering a 100 quid xbox game of your favorite series but a 7/8k game!
you'd need to get your head checked out or you could end up with a 7/8k lemon!

#8 5 years ago

GLWS JJ

I was honestly coming here hoping to find the best pictures and or updates.

#9 5 years ago

I can understand the need and want to pre-order an LE. If you have to have an LE then you may have to on a popular liscense.

What I don't understand is why pre-order a Pro or Prem since they make those till they stop selling.

Gex is a good guy and the deposit on both is refundable so I don't really even seeing this as an issue. If it was non-refundable that would be a concern. I'm no longer a pre-order anything type of person (thanks to BOP 2.0) but I wont look down anyone that is.

I sure hope this game is as awesome as everyone thinks it is as that may open up the used market for some cool titles I want

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

What I don't understand is why pre-order a Pro or Prem

Because some turd always wants to be #1.

#11 5 years ago

I'll wait for the VE. Code might be done by then.

#12 5 years ago

Metallica was a home run theme for me. However, based on Stern's track record, I waited on MET until the code was mature. About a month ago, I fairly easily found a NIB METLE and took it home. I love the game and slept better knowing exactly what I was getting and not having to wonder if my game would ever get finished.

TWD is also a home run theme for me. I'll take the same approach.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

I'll wait for the VE. Code might be done by then.

Now that made me laugh .

#14 5 years ago

wouldnt it be cool if Stern does daily updates on it like

it has 3 flippers for example... stay tuned for 2morrow for another TWD detail announcement

#15 5 years ago

Big Plus +1 for JJ.

This time though I will enjoy laughing as the hype train rolls buy. Theme sounds great and may be a purchase, after I see everything about the game ; )

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

wouldnt it be cool if Stern does daily updates on it like
it has 3 flippers for example... stay tuned for 2morrow for another TWD detail announcement

Nah, that is the boutique manufacturer nitch to keep interest . . . Stern doesn't need to do that . . . they just need to release the video showing everything at once and have us all mark out!

#17 5 years ago

^^ Sell me yours after you trick it out!

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

When did you end up in Shreveport?

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Shipping would probably kill the deal

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

they just need to release the video showing everything at once and have us all mark out!

Stern likes to release videos two weeks after the game is released.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'm out if it's photoshopped crap art.

I want to be #1.png

#22 5 years ago

No pre-orders for me any longer form any company.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I might be that turd!

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

This time though I will enjoy laughing as the hype train rolls buy.

Thumbs up for that one!

#25 5 years ago

A very popular theme, though I would have preferred Resident Evil for translight and mode purposes. I'm trying to take a cautiously optimistic but self-restrained view point on TWD. I'm a sucker for popular NIB games and love the Walking Dead television series, but I've also been burned a few times....three in a row, in fact. So, I think, I hope, I can wait for game play vids before jumping in. Or pull away from "the light" entirely if game play modes are the hospital, the farm, the prison, etc. Umbrella Corp and hot Resident Evil chicks had so much more to offer, though less drama. That's what Stern has to capture on this release, the human survival drama.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Stern Pinball isn’t quite ready to show pictures or to price The Walking Dead machines yet. As of today, we know very little about that game, but at our customers requests we are opening pre – orders in the same way we have in the past.
For LE’s
$1000 Deposit fully refundable for 48 hours after the Features and Picture announcement from Stern and pricing from Game Exchange, which ever comes second. After the 48 hours the deposit becomes non refundable. Deposits can be run on a credit card, with no fee as long as the remainder of the payment is made via Cash, Check, Wire, Or Major Bank Debit Card.
http://gameexchange.biz/products/the-walking-dead-pinball-limited-editionpre-order-deposit
For Pro’s
$500 Deposit fully refundable for 48 hours after the Features and Picture announcement from Stern and pricing from Game Exchange, which ever comes second. After the 48 hours the deposit becomes non refundable. Deposits can be run on a credit card, with no fee as long as the remainder of the payment is made via Cash, Check, Wire, Or Major Bank Debit Card.
http://gameexchange.biz/collections/new-stern-pinball-free-shipping-special/products/copy-of-the-walking-dead-pinball-pro-editionpre-order-deposit
Or as always feel free to call me 303-962-4666
jjb@gameexchange.biz
Thanks,
JJ

Are they making a premium of this model?

#27 5 years ago

With Mustang being the only new game so far this year, is it possible that this will be available this year? Don’t they usually produce two games a year that are available in that year?

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from nodyeliab:

With Mustang being the only new game so far this year, is it possible that this will be available this year? Don’t they usually produce two games a year that are available in that year?

It will be at expo. A pro will be available in 6 weeks from when they show pictures

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from nodyeliab:

Don’t they usually produce two games a year that are available in that year?

It was three in 2012. I wish they would go back to that model . . .

#30 5 years ago

Their releases seem about 5 months apart. So its 3 some years and. 2 others.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I might be that turd!

Yeah, but see, I can't really fault any modder for buying anything, because that could always be turned around to say it was a "business investment".

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Are they making a premium of this model?

If I had to bet, I would say yes. But not confirmed.

JJ

#33 5 years ago

the only way ill buy it is if theres one model..

#34 5 years ago

I'll be more then happy to buy a HUO a year down the line. No more NIB's for me. I've learned my lesson the hard way. Only took me 3 times...but I learned my lesson never the less. Yeah, I'm kind of an idiot. Slow learner it seems.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

I'll be more then happy to buy a HUO a year down the line. No more NIB's for me. I've learned my lesson the hard way. Only took me 3 times...but I learned my lesson never the less. Yeah, I'm kind of an idiot. Slow learner it seems.

Hey, at least you learned...some never do.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Hey, at least you learned...some never do.

School of Hard Knocks is my Alma Mater.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

the only way ill buy it is if theres one model..

I'm 100% sure that they will have more than one model. Distributors already posted LE and PRO pics and matrix will be out next month.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm 100% sure that they will have more than one model. Distributors already posted LE and PRO pics and matrix will be out next month.

Pics? Where?

#39 5 years ago

Next Month.

Here's what I got from Flipper Fidelity

Yesterday Stern officially announced “The Walking Dead” is their next pinball release. Next month they will release photos, features matrix, prices, schedules and other information about the different versions. When this information is released, I will send it out to my customers.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside